As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Watched some Zwag on Xerath. Think, "Wow that looks awesome, I bet I can do that."

Load up game as mid. Get crushed. Think, "This game is so hard."

Decide to try again but ban Yassuo this time. 50k damage in 30 minutes and hard carry team. #itssobeautiful

I finally hit gold as mid karthus, and I still can't figure out yassuo. Zed I can usually trade kills with while out farming and be more useful in team fights. Yassuo is supposed to be a fairly OK matchup, as you can q and predict his dashes. His wall also doesn't stop your q's.

I just get fucking smashed, sit at lane, while yassuo roams and I hope I can push and at least get ahead on creeps.

Yassuo just fucking sucks. I usually ban fizz though as he's a horrible match up for karthus in my experience. Dude just smashes me, poles my ultimate, roams, and gets huge.

Fuck fizz.

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    With Yasuo you need to get the push and keep it up. If he's roaming but no CS he's useless. Karthus pushes like no other.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I played a lot of aram last season!

YmDvAVP.jpg

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    8szzg2ybuqi8.jpg

Nice.

Sprout on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Huh, apparently I had a 90% win rate on Kai'Sa?

And apparently I played Sona for 54% of my games last season.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    For the first time I have the most deaths to Kai'sa instead of to Lucian, which makes sense because it took me *forever* to understand her damage output in lane, whereas I'm finally just playing carefully around Lucian.

...it also says I have a 70% loss rate against Xin Zhao which can't be true, can it? Number seems way too big. If it is true, what does that even mean? That I just can't actually play the game against early gankers, maybe...?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I think I had the most deaths to Ezreal.

Probably half of them being when I'm recalling in a bush and he snipes me with a ult.

100% loss rate against Yorick, though, woof.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    For the first time I have the most deaths to Kai'sa instead of to Lucian, which makes sense because it took me *forever* to understand her damage output in lane, whereas I'm finally just playing carefully around Lucian.

...it also says I have a 70% loss rate against Xin Zhao which can't be true, can it? Number seems way too big. If it is true, what does that even mean? That I just can't actually play the game against early gankers, maybe...?

He's not just an early ganker he's also a hard engage late that can isolate carries. His ultimate creates a gap in space that can be hard for mid-long range ADCs to navigate.

• Options

He's not just an early ganker he's also a hard engage late that can isolate carries. His ultimate creates a gap in space that can be hard for mid-long range ADCs to navigate.
    It's true that I very much struggle with his ultimate. 70% loss rate though? Can that really be true?

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    On learning Rakan....I like flitting around and being annoying, but dang, the 'not doing any damage'.....feelsbadman.......

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

It's true that I very much struggle with his ultimate. 70% loss rate though? Can that really be true?

I have a 100% loss rate against Cassiopaeia. I didn't see their sample size though

• Options
    So I placed in Bronze 2 on January 22nd. Ended the season Gold 5. That feels pretty good looking back on it.

How are you guys seeing all these detailed stats, like best win rate of the year and such?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    RickRude wrote: »
    So I placed in Bronze 2 on January 22nd. Ended the season Gold 5. That feels pretty good looking back on it.

How are you guys seeing all these detailed stats, like best win rate of the year and such?

Part of the League of Legends launcher Home tab after you sign in.

Now, bear in mind I almost exclusively play bots (with the sole exception for a dozen or so Nexus Blitz matches), I just thought this was funny looking.
    3hvgx9046yqy.jpg

EDIT - spoiler'd for horizontal size

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »

Part of the League of Legends launcher Home tab after you sign in.

Now, bear in mind I almost exclusively play bots (with the sole exception for a dozen or so Nexus Blitz matches), I just thought this was funny looking.
    3hvgx9046yqy.jpg

EDIT - spoiler'd for horizontal size

Oh! I never went to the home tab lol! I've been scrolling through year in review haha

• Options
    Ok I found it all, I just had to scroll down. Wish they didn't include ARAM in the stats, feel like it's maybe skewing some things. I lost most to trundle and won most against pantheon, which seems odd as a mid main. And I don't feel like I faced either of them a whole lot.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I think I'm a Jhin main for now.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Getting Karthus in ARAM feels like cheating. I climbed to gold basically on him alone. I just get in there and destroy people. Don't think I've ever not gotten an S, and it's usually S+'s. Run barriar in ARAM with him, so I can really bait people in when I'm low on health and just pour the damage on. One of the few times I get to build a tear on him, as I always prefer a more tanky build going RoA into Zhonya's MPen. I swear I'm going to write a guide for him one day. I don't like how other people suggest playing him heh.

• Options
    I don't have a friends tab for my year in review. I am sads.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    I love the "Year in Review" stuff. Played Zac the most last season, which still made up only ~15% of my jungle games. I was surprised Maokai (and Rammus) didn't make the cut, given my early-season spam of them, but Normals outweighed them, apparently.

Played Zyra support the most in that role for 21.2% of those...hm.

I'm bad against Twisted Fate (80% loss) and good against Ornn (80% wins). Killed Yasuo the most.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Jhin killed me the most of any champion again. I also won nearly three quarters of my Illaoi games which is surprising considering the amount of game I played on her but I also tend to pick her in games where she can flourish.

butts
  • Options
    Lux is my nemesis as per my YiR. I am also scourge to Miss Fortune's throughout the rift >:)

• Options
    https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2951916309/203490857?tab=overview this one was so tragic; just as it looked like our botlane hard carry (come out of lane as Vayne Nami vs Zyra Draven with first blood and Vayne 5/1--holy shittt that was great) was finally overcoming the all-game feeding of sololaners and inexplicably blue Kayn, the Kayn elected to solo invade enemy red before Baron with no vision (to be clear, I was setting up Baron vision but not as deep as their red); the Singed also then got caught out running around for no reason. Then when they pushed as 5, instead of trying to defend at our turrets, Vayne tilted off the face of the planet and suicided one-for-one 1v5 into them at our inhib.

Sigh....

Maybe I can play Nami though! That would be cool. I still do not as a Zyra main understand who counters Zyra so it was a bit of a panic pick. I think Nami sort of can. You definitely win lvl 1--it's really hard to win lvl 1 into Zyra, but if she walks up to Q, you can 1. in theory, dodge the Q, and 2. even if you don't, you W auto aery her for a decent chunk of damage. And if she gets bubbled she's completely fucked. (I also sort of think Alistar counters her, but only if the adc matchup is favorable--not with Vayne into Draven. And I also might only feel that's a counter matchup because I don't understand Alistar well--but no, I mean skillful hard engage *does* counter Zyra, and Ali's engage requires the least skill (and can't be blocked by a plant) so he counters her the most, probably.

• Options
    I haven't looked at my stats, but I already know my nemesis is Shaco.

I fucking hate shaco.

• Options
    11 games with Rakan, just got my first S+ grade (im pretty sure the enemy BoT duo were turbo inting but w/e) Switched out Arcane as my primary runes to Resolve and noticed a bunch. Heals and bubbles felt better.....

• Options
    I always thought Rakan was an aftershock user primarily.

• Options
    I don't know what the percentages are but when I looked a long time ago it was overwhelmingly Guardian. I would think that the shield gives him more on demand durability.

butts
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Nasus is actually pretty scary in the jungle now. Just played vs one that was not particularly fed and he had 600 stacks at 21 minutes

Managed to win because I was karma and just mantra shielded our fed draven the whole game

• Options
    Nasus is actually pretty scary in the jungle now. Just played vs one that was not particularly fed and he had 600 stacks at 21 minutes

Managed to win because I was karma and just mantra shielded our fed draven the whole game

Yeah, I'm seeing a whole bunch of jungle Nasus recently--is someone playing it on stream or something? It seems pretty good, obviously better as the game goes on rather than a power ganker, but he definitely scales well.

I seem to be favoring Morgana for tryhard ranked at the moment. I really hope the rework doesn't change her Q or E...

• Options
    I've been doing normal jungles here and there to try and learn it again. Must learn jungle Nasus build

• Options
    Last patch they doubled the bonus Nasus gets from large minions, monsters, and chanpions to twelve.

butts
  • Options

Yeah, I'm seeing a whole bunch of jungle Nasus recently--is someone playing it on stream or something? It seems pretty good, obviously better as the game goes on rather than a power ganker, but he definitely scales well.

I seem to be favoring Morgana for tryhard ranked at the moment. I really hope the rework doesn't change her Q or E...

I have been seeing Nightblue and IWD play it in the jungle a lot when I tune in.

• Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular

They made it so he gets 12 stacks of his passive from a jungle camp if he has smite.

• Options
    He doesn't need smite.

butts
  • Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    Whoa! Even stronger then.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Sunrize wrote: »

it's 12 from the main monster at each camp, not like each krug or raptor.

It's a lot though.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Sunrize wrote: »

it's 12 from the main monster at each camp, not like each krug or raptor.

It's a lot though.

Which in theory comes out to be 39 stacks for Krugs...though that's not realistic for much of the game.

But yes, it is a lot.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

She’s my go to try hard! If you have a carry keeping them going with the shield and ideally the heal from an athenes is so useful

• Options
    I don't know if it's because we're still in preseason or what, but there is frustrating large amount of people afking or refusing to play. Like, at least in the past people would just disconnect and it sucked but you could hand wave it and move on. But now it seems like people intentionally stay around and farm jungle or run circles in the base and refuse to surrender or participate. It's worse than DCing. Is Riot not punishing this behavior anymore? It's killing the experience for me because it seems like half my games are non-games.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It ain't much better in bot games. Every single bot match has had at least 1 obvious bot program running. I actually don't mind the times where my team is 2 bots, 1 random player, and a friend and I are duoing (it lets both of us get our try-hardy pants on and try to scratch a win out of the jaws of defeat). Still, it's frustrating to have happen.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options

She’s my go to try hard! If you have a carry keeping them going with the shield and ideally the heal from an athenes is so useful

...Athene's?
    I kinda build whatever on her after Zhonya's but it never occurs to me to build a chalice. Here are my recent builds; there is thought behind them but...I don't know, not a lot of thought, just buying what feels right in the moment.
    (3 of these games are carries but the last one is a hard feed, me+my adc just straight inting our lane, but fortunately sololaners were great and once lane was over we both stopped dying every 5 seconds. Was rough though...)
    (also I will very occasionally build mobis if the enemy support is a Thresh or Alistair who is trying to run around the map, so I can run after them. I'd probably often build mobis in 5s/team play as well)
    62y1oimeyd2h.png