As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Barb - 3%
    Crusader - 4%
    DH - 9%
    Monk - 8%
    Necro - 10%
    WD - 13%
    Wizard - 54%

I'm pretty sure that Wizard alone is like 2000 hours or more

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Seriously, name a type of attack that would be more effective than throwing jars of spiders at someone.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Bags of hornets?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    One grizzly bear per second auto-cannon.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Seriously, name a type of attack that would be more effective than throwing jars of spiders at someone.

Candies that a little old lady has half finished but then put in a tissue to finish off later?

steam_sig.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Fart cloud?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

A beehive in your arm that shoots bees at people.

In terms of best attack/weapon ever, Bioshock is going to be hard to beat.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    But the bees might just... fly away before they got to you. Or you can smack ‘em. Or run away.

Spiders gonna be all crawling on you even if you run away. Plus the pottery shards all stuck in your skin.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    edited January 2019
    The witch doctor is lucky he's a witch doctor. If someone killed me with jars of spiders I swear to god I would haunt their ass forever.

LD50 on
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I don't see why. Spiders are obviously the pinnacle of sexy? Might as well die happy.

(A friend and I used to joke about what must have been going on behind the scenes for the design of Cydaea.

Designer 1: "Yeah, we need a character model for the Maiden of Lust. We've already got succubi, so we need something to elevate that, really show players that this is the top of the chain."

Designer 2: "Oh, that's easy. Spider."

1: "...Spider."

2: "Sexiest of god's creatures. Book it, done."

Designer 3: "Okay, I'd say that's a wrap. Let's hit lunch.")

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Think I may hop back into d3 after a very long hiatus. I did the Darkening of Tristram event (at least, enough to get the Butcher pet!) a week or so ago and had a pretty good time. Clan leaders, when are y'all around to give a re-invite?

Also for funsies I pulled up my classes played breakdown (guess what I mained during pre-RoS):

Barb: 8%
    Crusader: 9%
    DH: 8%
    Monk: 11%
    Necro: n/a
    WD: 11%
    Wiz: 52%

Think I'm going to run DH since I had fun with her during the Tristram event and her playtime is tied for lowest

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I averaged the numbers for the hell of it, and they're not that surprising

DH 26% > Wiz 19% > WD 14% > Barb = Monk 13% > Cru 9% > Necro 6%

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    m!ttens wrote: »
    Think I may hop back into d3 after a very long hiatus. I did the Darkening of Tristram event (at least, enough to get the Butcher pet!) a week or so ago and had a pretty good time. Clan leaders, when are y'all around to give a re-invite?

Also for funsies I pulled up my classes played breakdown (guess what I mained during pre-RoS):

Think I'm going to run DH since I had fun with her during the Tristram event and her playtime is tied for lowest

Well the easiest way to catch someone on for an invite would be this Friday at 5 PM PST.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    m!ttens wrote: »

Well the easiest way to catch someone on for an invite would be this Friday at 5 PM PST.

Haha well obviously, but I also want to get the paperwork done first so I can just hop on and maybe group up with someone right when the taps turn on

I can try to jump on this afternoon sometime and add you to the clan. Sucks that invites have to be when both parties are online.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    It's not like you were doing anything important anyway @Betsuni .

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    Yep. Only driving home in the rain or eating.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Did you get the invite? I got log on in about half an hour

edited January 2019
    edit: got in, thanks Noggin!

m!ttens on
    It's all taken care of, Betslowni :razz:

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Good thing we have competent clan leaders willing to log in and put in the hard yards, and Betsuni.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    Klatu wrote: »
    Good thing we have competent clan leaders willing to log in and put in the hard yards, and Betsuni.

Yes. I'm special like that.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Barb - 67%
    Crusader - 12%
    DH - 5%
    Monk - 2%
    Necro - 5%
    WD - 0%
    Wizard - 9%

Does it tell how many hours somewhere? I played a lot of Barbarian on vanilla before taking a couple years off.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Barb - 6%
    Crusader - 18%
    DH - 29%
    Monk - 8%
    Necro - 11%
    Witch Doctor - 15%
    Wizard - 12%

The only reason the monk is higher than barb is the time it took me to get a dang Fist of Az'fuRNG

The in-game profile has hours for each character and a summary of total hours per class.

• SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    I'll have to look again, but on the switch I found a screen in the main menu showing my classes by level achieved, but no percentage or hourly data of play time.

Does anyone have opinions on what classes have the most number of builds with distinctly feeling playstyles? I recall barbarian feeling pretty varied, monk doesn't seem super varied, nor did necromancer.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
    Patch 2.6.4 is out now. Download in preparation of Friday.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22863534/patch-264-now-live-1-15-2019

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited January 2019
    Legendary Potions are no longer stored in player inventory and can be accessed or changed by right-clicking on the potion icon in the action bar
    Is that the awesome thing that I was asking/hoping for??

Wow, LoN went to 750%. Edit: Oh, I guess that happened a while ago on PTR.

forty on
    Man, I feel bad for the Necro. All but two other class sets were buffed significantly, and only one Necro set was barely buffed.

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Candies that a little old lady has half finished but then put in a tissue to finish off later?

You monster!

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    forty wrote: »
    Legendary Potions are no longer stored in player inventory and can be accessed or changed by right-clicking on the potion icon in the action bar
    Is that the awesome thing that I was asking/hoping for??

Wow, LoN went to 750%. Edit: Oh, I guess that happened a while ago on PTR.
    Oh no, apparently it is not. Reading some Reddit posts, it looks like the Potion slot is essentially just a single inventory slot for legendary potions. If you try to put another one in, it just takes the other out. So basically it just removes the one annoying inventory space that was being wasted, but it won't clear stash space nor allow easy sharing of potions across characters. :/

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    This kind of annoys me, because the two tiers of gems that drop from mobs post-level 61, plus a stack of grift keys, plus the legendary potion were enough to fill out two columns in the inventory exactly. I just never had to look at those columns when managing my inventory, and it was all nice and neat. Now I'm going to have two empty spots in those two columns and it's going to throw my whole thing off.

We got two inventory slots back but aaaaaaat whaaaaaaat cooooooost.

Delduwath wrote: »
    This kind of annoys me, because the two tiers of gems that drop from mobs post-level 61, plus a stack of grift keys, plus the legendary potion were enough to fill out two columns in the inventory exactly. I just never had to look at those columns when managing my inventory, and it was all nice and neat. Now I'm going to have two empty spots in those two columns and it's going to throw my whole thing off.

We got two inventory slots back but aaaaaaat whaaaaaaat cooooooost.

Wait till they move the gems....

oosik_betsuni.png
    I mean, I'm all for them moving gems into the materials tab. Same for legendary gems (although there might be difficulty with that since they also have a level attached), Ramaladni's Gift, etc etc.

I feel like the game's been out for long enough that they can start to smooth over all the things that are designed to acts as speed bumps, or moments of "interesting decision making" (but aren't actually that). Stuff like putting most things into menus rather than inventory, or like... OK, you will always want the full set of gem sockets on helm, chest, pants, and jewelry. Why not just have those items always roll with the sockets? Weapons and off-hands, fine, let the sockets be random. You will never throw away two stacks of gems to make room for one legendary item, so what's the point of having gems take up inventory space?

Man, I feel bad for the Necro. All but two other class sets were buffed significantly, and only one Necro set was barely buffed.

Don't. The Necro was so OP that it was a required class for all deep rift pushing. None of the class sets were buffed because buffing those sets would put its pushing build above all the other classes again. Even though necro wasn't buffed, the corpse lance build is still probably going to be used for pushing rifts.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I mean, I'm all for them moving gems into the materials tab. Same for legendary gems (although there might be difficulty with that since they also have a level attached), Ramaladni's Gift, etc etc.

I feel like the game's been out for long enough that they can start to smooth over all the things that are designed to acts as speed bumps, or moments of "interesting decision making" (but aren't actually that). Stuff like putting most things into menus rather than inventory, or like... OK, you will always want the full set of gem sockets on helm, chest, pants, and jewelry. Why not just have those items always roll with the sockets? Weapons and off-hands, fine, let the sockets be random. You will never throw away two stacks of gems to make room for one legendary item, so what's the point of having gems take up inventory space?

Yes, at the least they could work on QoL changes in the twilight of the game. Get the gems out of my inventory, let my pets pickup crafting mats and gems in addition to gold. Heck, by GR 70 just don't drop any item that's not leg or higher, just drop the equivalent crafting mats. It's all trash after a certain point.

96058.png?1619393207
    I'd argue that you could stop dropping non-legendaries at about GR30 and drop mats instead. Possibly even lower. Like... Your first GR turns off all white/blue/yellow drops of items.

There's a practical consideration to dropping items instead of dropping mats: Items take up inventory space, which means that if you want to keep picking up all drops, at a certain point you will have to stop exploding demons and take a trip back to town to offload your junk.

Similar for letting pets auto-pick up gems and materials: not having to pick up stuff means you don't have to stop moving and killing mobs, which changes various things (buffs now effectively last longer because you spend more time in combat, builds that rely on bull-rush-style abilities become more viable because you don't ever need to not be bull rushing, etc).

Now, mind you, these might all be good things - but they are not purely QOL changes, and would have impact that would cascade through other game systems. So, the designers would have to decide whether or not those changes are in line with how they envision the game.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    how about a "Convert all" button for upgrading gem qualities on console

Don't. The Necro was so OP that it was a required class for all deep rift pushing. None of the class sets were buffed because buffing those sets would put its pushing build above all the other classes again. Even though necro wasn't buffed, the corpse lance build is still probably going to be used for pushing rifts.
    No, I get that at the highest level of play. But in my "casual play" experience, Necro never felt distinctly more powerful than the other classes to me. I feel like at the casual level, Necro is going to feel like a weaker class now. Maybe just for me.

FWIW, on that presumed 2.6.4 tier list someone posted way back, all the necro builds were Tier A-D.

This discussion has been closed.