As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The uncalled OPI yes but they ruled it uncatchable. The uncalled DPI not necessarily, the receiver would have needed to try to come back through the defender. On an under throw there needs to be some significant contact, especially in the playoffs.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Welp.

The Eagles really wanted to go home I guess. 3rd and 10 and you give up a first down knowing they're running. You didn't have much of a chance, bUT there was one

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Oh, man. I could watch that INT all day.

After all his shit-talking of Chicago, seeing that pass doink off Alshon’s hands is something else.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Remember, folks: the New York Jets have hired (and hyped!) as their new head couch somebody who is really good at beating the New York Jets.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Remember, folks: the New York Jets have hired (and hyped!) as their new head couch somebody who is really good at beating the New York Jets.

Well... then they're nigh invulnerable now, right?

Or at least, they've taken him out of the pool opponents can pick from.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

Well... then they're nigh invulnerable now, right?

Or at least, they've taken him out of the pool opponents can pick from.

Or they’ve just guaranteed an 0-16 season...

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    So if the Patriots win Brady and Belichick retire and they become Browns 2.0 right? Right?

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Lord, I dislike the Patriots so much. I lived in Boston for four years and they are just insufferable fans.

But, their division is just horseshit. Just give the Patriots a week 19 annual bye week so we don't have to watch this shit.

Standard Patriots have a better record outside the division and the division is middle of the road if you exclude the Patriots disclaimer.
    So if the Patriots win Brady and Belichick retire and they become Browns 2.0 right? Right?
    Gronk might retire either way but Brady and BB won't

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Gronk seems like the injuries and surgeries have just gotten to be too much for his body, which is a damn shame, as he was one of the most exciting players to watch on offense.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I don't want to get to #tinfoilhat on this, but there are a lot
    PantsB wrote: »
    Lord, I dislike the Patriots so much. I lived in Boston for four years and they are just insufferable fans.

But, their division is just horseshit. Just give the Patriots a week 19 annual bye week so we don't have to watch this shit.

Standard Patriots have a better record outside the division and the division is middle of the road if you exclude the Patriots disclaimer.

I don't know if I see Brady stopping until he has another major injury. They've continued to alter the offensive scheme to work to his strengths. His accuracy and ability to read the defense while anticipating his receivers moves remains high. He may not have the arm anymore, but he's got everything else.

Belicheck is not going anywhere either. Though I don't know if he sticks around after Brady goes. Hard to go back to middling after eight Championship games in a row. Not total. A row.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Gronk seems like the injuries and surgeries have just gotten to be too much for his body, which is a damn shame, as he was one of the most exciting players to watch on offense.

I think it is highly likely this is Gronks last year. Win or lose he should hang it up after this year while he can still move. The accumulation of injuries is clearly starting to add up and it's only going to get worse going forward.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It’s hard getting in and out of hot tubs

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

I don't know if I see Brady stopping until he has another major injury. They've continued to alter the offensive scheme to work to his strengths. His accuracy and ability to read the defense while anticipating his receivers moves remains high. He may not have the arm anymore, but he's got everything else.

Belicheck is not going anywhere either. Though I don't know if he sticks around after Brady goes. Hard to go back to middling after eight Championship games in a row. Not total. A row.

Counter point, Pats front office said something to Josh McDaniels to get him to commit career suicide, backing out of the Colts job. Also people close to Brady expect him to retire after his next ring.

If they win this year, could be a huge transition for the Pats with McDaniels taking over as head coach and Brady/Belicheck retiring.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    edited January 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Counter point, Pats front office said something to Josh McDaniels to get him to commit career suicide, backing out of the Colts job. Also people close to Brady expect him to retire after his next ring.

If they win this year, could be a huge transition for the Pats with McDaniels taking over as head coach and Brady/Belicheck retiring.

Though, that could be the worst fucking thing McDaniels has done. Granted, we didn't know about just how good a returning Andrew Luck would be, one bad game excepted.

But "Hey, Josh. It's your team now. I'm outta here. Also, your QB is Brian Hoyer, your TE is broken or gone, and while you've got a good allotment of draft picks, we've blown your draft position, and your fanbase are going to be fucking feral if you don't make it to at least the Divisional Round this year. Good luck!" from Belicheck, is going to suck for him.

I mean, sure. There are worse franchises to take over, but except maybe the Packers, none would have the expectation that the Pats do, and at least the Packers have a crutch in Rodgers. A Beli/Brady/Gronk-less Patriots is gonna suuuuck.

EDIT: And when it finally happens, it's gonna be AWESOME.

MorganV on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Though, that could be the worst fucking thing McDaniels has done. Granted, we didn't know about just how good a returning Andrew Luck would be, one bad game excepted.

But "Hey, Josh. It's your team now. I'm outta here. Also, your QB is Brian Hoyer, your TE is broken or gone, and while you've got a good allotment of draft picks, we've blown your draft position, and your fanbase are going to be fucking feral if you don't make it to at least the Divisional Round this year. Good luck!" from Belicheck, is going to suck for him.

I mean, sure. There are worse franchises to take over, but except maybe the Packers, none would have the expectation that the Pats do, and at least the Packers have a crutch in Rodgers. A Beli/Brady/Gronk-less Patriots is gonna suuuuck.

EDIT: And when it finally happens, it's gonna be AWESOME.

I feel legitimately bad for whoever follows brady/belichick. Unless they get very lucky they are going to get shat on pretty hard.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular

Jets introduce new head coach Adam Gase, who looks super coked out of his mind.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The dude sitting to his left omg

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I can hear the Curb Your Enthusiasm music playing during that clip...

Gyral wrote: »

This is edited right? Those eyes look fake

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Also, NFL head coaching culture is so insane in producing guys that are basically all the same in their habits and overall human behaviours. How on earth did he get anywhere close to this level with a nervous tic like that? Surely he was giving the people interviewing him those bug eyes and they somehow overlooked that and more importantly didn’t mistake it for some kind of weakness?

Note, I don’t think that should be a sign of weakness, but that macho football culture seemingly would pounce on something like that to me. I am sure there are tons of players who have had opinions of them lowered for far stupider stuff than that.

• XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    My god, that is terrifying. Maybe he's got some kind of intense stagefright or camera fright or something? Did he speak and sound OK?

Murray officially declared for the draft

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

The version with the taco is the only way I can see this now

• kaidkaid Registered User regular

Wow holy crap what is that dude on he looks high as hell. Good lord.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Adam Gase bringing all the best parts of Miami with him to New York

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

He'll get booed for not switching to a local source.

• RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

Wow holy crap what is that dude on he looks high as hell. Good lord.

Looks like he's about to faint. Maybe having a panic attack. I would to if I just found out I was coaching the Jets.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

He'll get booed for not switching to a local source.

Where can a rich white guy possibly find coke near Manhatt- nevermind.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Murray officially declared for the draft

I knew that when I drove by the Cardinals facility and "We're in the Money" was playing at ear splitting volume.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
    Crossing the streams with this one.
    eojrmd1.jpg

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Alright, so going through all the Super Bowl possibilities, here's what I would like to see happen:

LA v NE - I'm tired of seeing the Patriots win, but I am already more tired of hearing about McVay and his innovative and genius offensive mind. Also Suh is on the Rams and screw that guy. So I'd really love to see the Pats win a blowout here and have it be mainly due to Belichick just completely shutting down everything McVay tries to do.

LA v KC- The Chiefs are too fun to not root for and their offense is a blast to watch. A huge shootout with the Chiefs eventually winning would be my wish for this game.

NO v NE - Yes please give Brees another SB win and don't let the Pats win this year. I'd love to see Brees tear apart the Pats and win big here.

NO v KC - This is my preferred SB matchup. No Rams. No Pats. I am on the fence here about the outcome, but Mahomes has more time left than Brees, so I'd rather see Brees go out winning a shootout.

ObiFett on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I've been thinking a Brees over Brady SB feels almost inevitable but that's pretty irrational

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'd like Saints/Chiefs because it's different.

I don't want the Rams in only because the bandwagon assholes in LA will be in full force.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My preference is Saints > Chiefs >>> Rams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patriots.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I likely won't watch if the Patriots are playing. I didn't last year.

admanb wrote: »
    I likely won't watch if the Patriots are playing. I didn't last year.

I stopped watching Patriots games in their entirety a couple years back (the season they kicked the snot out of Atlanta). Not so much from hatred, but from apathy. I dislike the Patriots. There's no secret there. :) But I can't even enjoy seeing them get beaten, because even if they're down three scores going into the last quarter, I still mostly expect them to make a comeback.

So, watching the games just become an exercise in futility, and I expect them to win, and I can't even really enjoy when they lose.

For Pats fans, I don't decry you enjoying your decade plus of continuing success (though you probably, statistically speaking, are an unrepentent asshole :) ). But I find the games boring, as I'm never invested in them. And there's nothing worse than watching a 3+ hour sporting event you've got no emotional investment in.

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    At this point the super bowl is mainly an excuse to have some friends over, make some delicious pizza and food, and end up playing games by the end of it for me.

So I'll probably have people over and we'll have the super bowl on but...

Khavall on
    My wife is a Saints fan. I am a Niners fan. So, basically I'm rooting for the Saints to win it all and for LA to burn to the ground (not really, but the Rams and Dodgers are the only teams I actively root against).

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    I want rams chiefs . Two good young quarterbacks going at it. A chance for Andy Reid to choke on the big stage. Plus I'm a dolphins fan and loathe the Patriots , hate seeing this ageless brees continue to be great when Miami chose Culpepper over him.