As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Marvel] Thread: Now in WandaVision!

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Swat Kats was one of the rare 90’s action cartoons that was, you know, actually ANIMATED, with more than 2 frames of animation.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Spider-man's arch-rivals are a selfish tech genius who doesn't care who he hurts in his pursuit of self-aggrandizement and two different corrupt businessmen.

He truly is the people's hero.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Josh Tujillo is also writing a story for War Scrolls, in his debut for a Big 2 comic. He has written books like Dodge City and Rick and Morty, and on Telltales' Guardians of the Galaxy Batman Season 2 and Dream Daddy in games.

I'm not super familiar with him outside of the Telltale stuff but Oliver Sava, one of my favorite comic critics, is a big fan and Trujillo is another queer writer at Marvel so thats something.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Captain Marvel character posters have a winner in their ranks

DxDQNL4XgAEdzdV.jpg
    If this cat is a skrull I'm gonna be grumpy

...Catpun Marvel

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I want a reboot of MASK

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the only cat i have a begrudging respect for is garfield

that motherfucker gets branding

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Jason Aaron has revealed that the new Squadron Supreme of America team (made up of Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess and more) are going to be based out of Washington.

DC.

Which means they will be DC's Greatest Heroes.

Fuckin

Sure, okay, that's pretty good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Jason Aaron has revealed that the new Squadron Supreme of America team (made up of Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess and more) are going to be based out of Washington.

DC.

Which means they will be DC's Greatest Heroes.

Fuckin

Sure, okay, that's pretty good

That took me way too long to get.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Well congrats Marvel, I am now currently collecting zero of the X-Men team books. Granted, there is only 1 right now, but still. And it is starring my favorite X-Man character, but eh. Looking at my pull list I currently am only gonna be reading X-23 from the X side of Marvel.

X-Men disassembled was bad. The plot went fucking everywhere, subplots were dropped like crazy, it didn't need to be 10 issues long, and the status quo it sets up is just fucking....ugghhh.
    X-Men are gone. The World through a fucking party. They pushed through production of a mutant cure. Everyone is lining up (or "lining up" to take it. I just...I get it. Backs against the wall and all that shit. But it bums me out that literally that is the reaction to the biggest representatives of the mutant community dissapearing isn't mixed. It isn't, some still push for mutant rights. It's the world through a goddamn party.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Oh shit the new issue of Conan is out today

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Well congrats Marvel, I am now currently collecting zero of the X-Men team books. Granted, there is only 1 right now, but still. And it is starring my favorite X-Man character, but eh. Looking at my pull list I currently am only gonna be reading X-23 from the X side of Marvel.

X-Men disassembled was bad. The plot went fucking everywhere, subplots were dropped like crazy, it didn't need to be 10 issues long, and the status quo it sets up is just fucking....ugghhh.
    X-Men are gone. The World through a fucking party. They pushed through production of a mutant cure. Everyone is lining up (or "lining up" to take it. I just...I get it. Backs against the wall and all that shit. But it bums me out that literally that is the reaction to the biggest representatives of the mutant community dissapearing isn't mixed. It isn't, some still push for mutant rights. It's the world through a goddamn party.

To be fair...
    ...I suspect that this reaction is in part due to Nate doing a big ol' mind-scrambling on the world to make it see things his way before he poofed himself and the X-Men away. It'll likely undo itself when they all come back.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »

To be fair...
    ...I suspect that this reaction is in part due to Nate doing a big ol' mind-scrambling on the world to make it see things his way before he poofed himself and the X-Men away. It'll likely undo itself when they all come back.
    Maybe, but that would also stop the point he was trying to do, which was to make a better world for everyone? He didn't think Mutants were the problem, he thought the X-Men were the problem. At the end, it seemed like he was gonna put everything else back together the way it was, he just removed the X-Men from the equation.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Owenashi wrote: »

To be fair...

Not necessarily, IMO. The general civilian population of the MU have always been terrible to the people who save their asses on a semi-regular basis, only to get shit on for it. It's part of the brand, the tone of the universe.
    (My really cynical take is that it's been baked into the DNA of the company from the start, with all these weird angsty teen outsider heroes and their weird angsty teen outsider readers who like to imagine themselves as underdogs oppressed and dismissed by the normals.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Boy Howdy does the new Black Widow book from the Soska Sisters seem like it is Not For Me
    Nat has basically decided to be The Punisher after coming back to life post-Secret Empire and is killing bad dudes despite Cap's protestations.

And her mission brings her to Madripoor where she discovers a child kidnapping ring where rich people vote on which kid they kill, and how, and live stream the results on the dark web.

It's not, like, character assassination or anything its just an INCREDIBLY DARK ~TWISTED~ story that is very much not my cup of tea

On the other hand, I just read the first issue, and it starts with Black Widow fighting a robot and a fake Captain America, and then going to hang out in Madripoor wearing just a patch for a disguise, because that's what you do in Madripoor. The whole thing with the kids isn't done luridly, you don't even see it, they just talk about it.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I would fucking hope you dont see it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options

These designs are great, I love it when the X-Men all have a unifying uniform theme that each member personalizes

They, more than any other super team, should look like a coherent group rather than a collection of individual heroes

I don't like that Quicksilver but everyone else is great

That Magneto is fuckin slick

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Grey Armor on Cain always just reminds me of his son Zane from the MC2 comics.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    bring back mc2

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    BEARD

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BEARD
    I am campaigning on a platform of More Beards For Superheroes

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I’m still sad Al Ewing and Paco Medina ultimately decided not to let Bobby De Costa have a Magnum PI mustache in USAvengers.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I’m still sad Al Ewing and Paco Medina ultimately decided not to let Bobby De Costa have a Magnum PI mustache in USAvengers.

But they did give us American Kaiju

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I love that Werneck's Wolverine has visual coherence with the Brotherhood, [as well as] the X-Men

It tells a story about what he's envisioning for these characters in a really understated way

I also love that Mystique is some kind of cyberpunk gunslinger, here--I know that her skull belt has been a thing before, but I don't know whether or not it's ever been used to carry six shooters

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Also, Magik having a big fuck off sword still rules.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Peter having a black and red suit in the trailer is a bit unfortunate. I've just seen a spider-man with a black and red suit in a movie and this looks just so dull in comparison.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Marvel need to kick up the 4d3d3d3.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Marvel need to kick up the 4d3d3d3.

They’ll do that for the next Ant-Man sequel

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I love that Werneck's Wolverine has visual coherence with the Brotherhood, [as well as] the X-Men

It tells a story about what he's envisioning for these characters in a really understated way

I also love that Mystique is some kind of cyberpunk gunslinger, here--I know that her skull belt has been a thing before, but I don't know whether or not it's ever been used to carry six shooters

Yeah, that Mystique looks like a character from my X-Men/COM game

• Options
    Well, War of the Realms looks like it is being structured well at least

The only ongoings, so far, that are doing tie-in issues are the ones also written by Jason Aaron and Asgardians of the Galaxy, which all make sense.

All the other tie ins are being done in separate miniseries, like Punisher and X-Men, that won't take over the actual ongoing and can be skipped if you aren't following the event. This means books like Zdarsky's Daredevil aren't getting derailed like 4 issues in by event tie-ins.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well, War of the Realms looks like it is being structured well at least

The only ongoings, so far, that are doing tie-in issues are the ones also written by Jason Aaron and Asgardians of the Galaxy, which all make sense.

All the other tie ins are being done in separate miniseries, like Punisher and X-Men, that won't take over the actual ongoing and can be skipped if you aren't following the event. This means books like Zdarsky's Daredevil aren't getting derailed like 4 issues in by event tie-ins.

Shame it's Marvel so we know none of these good decisions will be carried forward to other events

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Also, Magik having a big fuck off sword still rules.

Eh, I really preferred the smaller sword, personally.

5a5e5b05205a0ec9982927a14289067c1e79c4e0_hq.jpg

• Options
    bring back mc2

I want a new MC2, with the current teen heroes being the adults and babies like Dani Cage being the new teen heroes

• Options
    That sword can't properly contain the magnitude of her Sword Lesbian energy tho

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I mean, could any sword?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Is "Sword Lesbian" a lesbian subclass

If so, what are the other ones

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
  • Options