As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Looks like Max has begun his Mortal Kombat videos in preparation for the MK11 full reveal. Interesting tidbit at the beginning of this one about X-rays in MK11. They apparently might be just integrated into regular combos now, leaving the possibility of new supers for everybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIqFdtzBDxQ

Pretty funny how tame the xrays in MK9 seem now too.

Also love the new intro for his videos too. LET'S GO!

I swear I sometimes forget mk9 exists, even though it feels like it revitalised the franchise and I loved it at the time

It's like the first mortal kombat game where it took basically every character they had and finally gave them their due, I fell in love with the whole catalogue. Felt like it wrapped up my nostalgia in a nice little bow for one last old school hurrah. Which provided a great spring box for something new with MKX

Also makes me appreciate the much mature MKX female characters, no boob barbies nonsense with super revealing clothes. It's bizzare that of all the franchises MK is kind of one of the best in that regard now

Prohass on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Give me my Freddy vs Jason, you goofs. You don't put Freddy in one and Jason in the other, you put them in the same game together, damn it!

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    MK11 box art revealed ahead of the full MK11 event next week. The community event is next Thursday, so we should be flooded with info then. Can't wait!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Why not Sub Zero? Scorpion always gets all the love

I guess Scorpion is officially the MK mascot now. Thinking back, the MKX reveal was pretty Scorpion heavy too. The reveal trailer and box art both featured him as well. Sub-Zero is the first character that pops into my head when I think about Mortal Kombat, though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Scorpion is literally in the company's logo, so yeah.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I guess Scorpion is officially the MK mascot now. Thinking back, the MKX reveal was pretty Scorpion heavy too. The reveal trailer and box art both featured him as well. Sub-Zero is the first character that pops into my head when I think about Mortal Kombat, though.

How many different Sub-Zeroes have their been? I mean, I tend to think of Blue Ninja and Yellow Ninja pretty equally when I think about Mortal Kombat, but only Yellow Ninja is always the same dude.
    It seems like we get a new Sub-Zero every other game or so, while the old one is killed, retires, turned into a cyborg or a shadow demon thing (or some/all of the above). Which one do you think of most?

But, yeah, the brightly colored ninjas have always been the thing that comes to mind with MK. The other fighters, at least in the original game, all seemed pretty archetypal for fighting games.

There's only two Subbies, the OG who is now Noob and the current one

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Scorpion/Sub-Zero may be the mascots or most well-known characters in the franchise, but it's funny how in every proper MK game (not counting Mythologies or Special Forces), they kind of take a backseat to the main plot because Liu Kang, Raiden or someone else is more important.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Scorpion/Sub-Zero may be the mascots or most well-known characters in the franchise, but it's funny how in every proper MK game (not counting Mythologies or Special Forces), they kind of take a backseat to the main plot because Liu Kang, Raiden or someone else is more important.

yes and no. pre-mk 9 both had significant influence on the main plot depending on the game. not nearly as much as the other characters but still

WingedWeasel on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular

yes and no. pre-mk 9 both had significant influence on the main plot depending on the game. not nearly as much as the other characters but still

Except MK3 which Scorpion wasn't even in.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg

Except MK3 which Scorpion wasn't even in.

i consider UMK3 to be the "real" version of that game anyway

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    It’s dumb, but I really wanted the Scorpion ending from Deadly Alliance to bring him back in Deception as some kind of spiritwalking, ascended version of Scoprion.

I mean, I get it now: He’s gonna be Ninja Ghostrider forever with the chains and the fire and everything. But it would’ve been cool to carry him in another direction for a while, especially as more and more of the regular humans ended up getting zombied and nethered and whatever.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Scorpion is literally in the company's logo, so yeah.

Scorpion is basically Mortal Kombat’s Mario.

• CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    Didn't Scorpian get turned from an undead whatever back into a normal human in MKX? I think he and subzero even became friends.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
    Sorta MK related maybe, I dunno but worrisome news if you're a fan of this dood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKZkcBabs0

I don't really do the whole Patreon thing, but I would probably contribute to one for Max if he decides to get one going.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    Didn't Scorpian get turned from an undead whatever back into a normal human in MKX? I think he and subzero even became friends.

Yes. They inevitably go back to the status quo but Mortal Kombat is pretty good about trying new things with the characters. Sub-Zero got turned to a robot is now human again. Liu Kang was zombified and now is a revenant. Kitana is a revenant. Johnny Cage is a middle age dad. I'm sure Scorpion will die and become a revenant again - looks that way based on his new design. I hope they do something interesting with Sonya. She was super boring in MKX. Cassie was far more interesting.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Sorta MK related maybe, I dunno but worrisome news if you're a fan of this dood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKZkcBabs0

I don't really do the whole Patreon thing, but I would probably contribute to one for Max if he decides to get one going.

Max had 12k viewers streaming MK NINE.

He’s gonna be fuckin fine.

Full MK11 reveal event today! 10:30 (I think)AM pacific, and I believe NRS will be streaming the event on their twitch channel.

Full MK11 reveal event today! 10:30 (I think)AM pacific, and I believe NRS will be streaming the event on their twitch channel.

Also in case this may be of interest to people

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    My guest character wishlist:

- Candyman
    - Pinhead
    - Eliza from Skullgirls or Bloodborne's player character (m and f versions)
    - Voldo from Soul Calibur

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    The Doomslayer needs to be in this.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    My guest character wishlist:

- Candyman
    - Pinhead
    - Eliza from Skullgirls or Bloodborne's player character (m and f versions)
    - Voldo from Soul Calibur

Isabelle from Animal Crossing

I guess they'd have to tone her down a lot though

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    The Doomslayer needs to be in this.

I want him in this and for some reason Smash as well.

steam_sig.png
    Either would be great, but Doomslayer would probably get to reach his full potential in a Mortal Kombat game.

Skarlett's got a neat new design going on.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    This presentation format oozes Warner Bros.

Holy shit, these fatalities... NSFW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUi9C2uKM6o

I seent Baraka pull a man's face off... I seent it!

Gameplay
    This new time-guy, Geras looks fuckin sweet too

• No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    ooooo yay Bakara!

I've always liked Baraka, but he was dumpster tier in mk9 and was a non playable jobber in mkx outside of that one variation style for the Alien

This looks excellent

Story Prologue
    Pretty sure time lady is Jennifer Hale!

Sonya trailer. Ronda Rousey confirmed :^:

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Did they say who is handling the Switch port? Please be Panic Button.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Ronda Rousey sucks. I don't understand why they'd even waste the money on bringing her in.

Videos were popping up on their youtube channel at a good clip, but then stopped at Geras. Looks like the event is still going. Wish I could watch it =/

Would love some roster info. I guess confirmed we have: Sonya, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Baraka, Skarlett, (probably) Raiden, Geras, and Shao Kahn.

I'm hoping Jaqui Briggs makes the cut! Kintaro and Sheeva would be nice too.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao (non-revenant versions) also showed up in some of the story cutscenes they were showing.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Ronda Rousey sucks. I don't understand why they'd even waste the money on bringing her in.

Mortal Kombat is quite popular with UFC fans and such, its one of those things that I dont get personally but I can see how it works from a marketing perspective. I dont really know her voice so im just going to ignore it and ill get used to it hopefully

Also having just played MKX the faces in this ARE SO MUCH BETTER

my god. Like a generational leap. You dont notice it until you go back and look at the faces in MKX. Skarlet looks incredible, each characters face has so much freaking personality.

I didnt think fatalities could get more disgusting and deliciously gross but here we are yessss i love it

Prohass on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

The most well known female fighter on the planet in a fighting game? Boggles mind.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Some developer talk stuff:
    I think I saw Cassie Cage in there? Also they talk about gear and augments, and adding the augments to gear to create your own custom character variations. So basically it is Injustice 2 gear plus MKX variations to create practically infinite combinations.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I hope Cassie and Takeda come back. I miss the more “realistic” default outfits from MKX for Scorpion and Subbie