As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

That TV Thread Ain't Right

19495969798100»

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I have been plowing through Brooklyn 99

Andre Braugher is very good

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Watched the first episode of Sex Education. Totally charmed by it. Do folks not like it because it nosedives or something?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Watched the first episode of Sex Education. Totally charmed by it. Do folks not like it because it nosedives or something?

The show is fine, and starts out stronger than it ends. It’s hard enough to sustain a teen sex comedy for 90 minutes let alone 8 hours. And in trying to keep the narrative open for even more episodes in the future it has some issues with melodrama and love triangles that feel tired.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    I have a friend whose sister fucking screamed at him when he said he wasn’t going to have kids and man that is so far outside of my frame of reference for a thing to be mad about

My mother shouted at me when I said I wouldn't be a surrogate womb for my sister.

ha ha what the fuck

When my wife and I got married, she told me she didn't want me to tell relatives for a while

I thought it was really weird but kept it secret to everybody but really close friends for about a year before it eventually came out

Without fail

The moment any person over 30 found out, they immediately asked her when she was having a child

Its the fucking WORST, people are absolute TRASH about this to women

Back when I worked at Maccas there were a lot of international students working in the same store. Any time relationships came up in conversation with any of the girls (my partner also worked at the same store in the McCafe section on Saturday mornings and I got asked about why we weren't married and had no kids a LOT) from countries like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, around that area, they would always, without fail, say they didn't want to go back home when they finished their degree. It didn't matter if they had a masters in civil engineering and built railways, if they weren't married and popping out kids by 25 they were harassed by their families non-stop. Mums, Aunties, Grandmothers, Dads, Uncles, Grandfathers, Brothers, and even their own Sisters would be on them every time they skyped home or family came to visit them here - "when are you getting married and having kids?" "why aren't you married yet, what's wrong with you?". Girls from the Phillippines and mainland China seemed to cop it quite a bit too. There was always a lot of talk of "I wish I could stay here and do my own thing".

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Conan O'Brien gets it

DxE7FsiUYAAcU9L.jpg

As you see it it is, while the seeing lasts, dark nightmare-history, time-as-coffin; but where the water was rigid there will be fish, and men will survive on their flesh till spring. It’s coming, my brother. . . . Though you murder the world, transmogrify life into I and it, strong searching roots will crack your cave and rain will cleanse it: The world will burn green, sperm build again.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

We've enjoyed the three episodes we've watched but each episode is 50 minutes plus and it feels it. We'll get back to it but I think it, like many modern shows, would be best served by aiming for less instead of all.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah if it was a half hour show I would already be halfway through the season I'm sure

But hour shows are a rougher ask, and it's not alone on that front by any means

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

The show is fine, and starts out stronger than it ends. It’s hard enough to sustain a teen sex comedy for 90 minutes let alone 8 hours. And in trying to keep the narrative open for even more episodes in the future it has some issues with melodrama and love triangles that feel tired.

You should not maintain sex for 8 hours

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

You should not maintain sex for 8 hours

Unless you have undergone intense training like Sting.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    My last name isn't even a legacy so it's fine that it'll be ending with me. My grandfather changed to it during WWII because of the anti-German sentiment.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Narbus wrote: »
    I absolutely want to die in such a way that no trace of a body can be recovered
    I want someone out there to suspect there's a chance I'm still alive, for years

My goal is to have enough money to keep three people who look like me on retainer at all times.

In the event of my death:

One will be instructed to get in a cab just as my family leaves the hospital after identifying my remains.

One will show up, in dark hat and glasses, at the funeral, standing in the distance, partially obscured by a tree.

The final will show up at the cemetary on the first anniversary of my death, to leave a single forget-me-not on my grave before disappearing into the fog.

Why couldn't you just have one person for this

Having it be three separate people who all look kind of like him, but slightly different in each instance does add an extra layer of mystique to the whole thing. Bonus points for difficult to discern ages.
    One should be a much younger version of you but wearing your contemporary clothing.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Narbus wrote: »
    I absolutely want to die in such a way that no trace of a body can be recovered
    I want someone out there to suspect there's a chance I'm still alive, for years

My goal is to have enough money to keep three people who look like me on retainer at all times.

In the event of my death:

One will be instructed to get in a cab just as my family leaves the hospital after identifying my remains.

One will show up, in dark hat and glasses, at the funeral, standing in the distance, partially obscured by a tree.

The final will show up at the cemetary on the first anniversary of my death, to leave a single forget-me-not on my grave before disappearing into the fog.

Why couldn't you just have one person for this

Having it be three separate people who all look kind of like him, but slightly different in each instance does add an extra layer of mystique to the whole thing. Bonus points for difficult to discern ages.
    One should be a much younger version of you but wearing your contemporary clothing.

Exactly. The more mystery I can throw out there, the better.

Plus, if my family manages to catch up with one of them, then the other two still maintain that air of mystery.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    My wife is watching Grey's anatomy.

This is complete shit. Good lord.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hi all.

I’m a life long Star Trek fan.

I liked this first episode of season 2 of Discovery.

End transmission.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Hi all.

End transmission.

Wow, that would have been the perfect way to end this thread and I'm just now ruining that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I’m glad my parents aren’t the type to nag me about kids. Every now and then my mum will make an off hand comment about what my potential offspring would look/act like, but that’s the extent of it. I think they’re happy because they already got their fill of grandkids from my brother.

I was also considering changing surnames from my grandpa’s side to my grandma’s maiden name since he died, because 1) It’s cooler and 2) whoof, but that’s kinda not as much of a priority as I used to think it was, so we’ll see.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The first episode of The Passage was real good.

They obviously changed some from the book but they kept it true to spirit.

Zach Morris was very good.

This discussion has been closed.