As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The next chapter for ESO will be announced on Jan 15th!

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55495

The dataminers have dug up the destination and other details:
    Venture to the land of the Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, our newest chapter, an epic story in an all-new zone. Face dread creatures from the past—Dragons!—and discover the dark skills of a new character class, the Necromancer, as you join with new friends and old enemies to save Elsweyr from war and devastation.

ESO reaches new heights of storytelling with a war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax.

Sounds awesome!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Oh goddammit. I just finally unsubbed from ESO this month. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular

I resubbed today =p.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

It sounds like it's an expansion so not included with ESO+ for at least a year anyway.

And while I like the little bits datamined, trying to level up the Mage Guild and PvP skill lines for PvE content still turns me off of making new characters.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772

It sounds like it's an expansion so not included with ESO+ for at least a year anyway.

Yeah, but my point was that I had unsubbed due to lost interest, but the necromancer will bring me back in a heartbeat. And I'll have to resub because I can't play without my bag of holding...

I thought I had finally got free of MMOs! >.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    What does everyone spend their crowns on? I always get surprisingly nice stuff from those crates but dumping them all on crates hurts my soul on principal. I used my last ones on that sexy polar bear mount and then got some awesome headless horseman mount from my one free crate.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah
    necromancer class

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    vamen wrote: »
    What does everyone spend their crowns on? I always get surprisingly nice stuff from those crates but dumping them all on crates hurts my soul on principal. I used my last ones on that sexy polar bear mount and then got some awesome headless horseman mount from my one free crate.

For me, costumes, hairstyles, jewelry, etc. I've bought a few mounts along the way, but I don't think I've ever spent crowns on any pets. Every once in a blue moon I'll pick up a couple crates but not very often. And I've never spent crowns on housing or furniture.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I've never bought mounts, pets, or outfits, but I did buy the werewolf forever house. Once I put a training dummy in there so I could test werewolf gear effectiveness it really paid off.

Also I have that vendor I can summon anywhere.

I jsut got my subscription crowns a few days ago, and i can't decide if I want to buy the summonable banker for all of them, or a provisioning station for my house that actually looks like a hearth fire for half of them.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I've got about 8k crowns atm. I'm considering a house, but I also might just hold onto it until the next round of crates / outfits / whatever comes out.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I use Crowns to buy the DLC areas I like the most (for alts to go through, or to just suck in the athmosphere). I sub every now and then, because I don't play the game so much every month. Lately I've been playing more, really happy about giving the Argonian DLC with daily Month thing.

Also, I would like to buy one of the nicer homes. I have Captain Blahblah's House (bought it with coins I believe), I tend to like the normal houses the most but some kind of dashing thief's lair would be nice.

There's also storage space with those chests, always useful.

EDIT.

Stream about to begin, we are going elsweyr.

Grebnu on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Showing features for Elsweyr

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Any information out on necromancers yet?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Any information out on necromancers yet?

Not a ton. They showed some of their skill lines, mentioned there would be guard reactions to doing necromancy in public since it's taboo, mentioned that corpses play a big role in how they fight, and a few other tidbits.

Would be cool if the necromancy reactions vary from culture to culture.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Oh here we go:

REAPER
    Imbue the dead with frost, fire, and lightning to bring ruin upon your enemies. Raise relentless hordes of the undead and allow your fallen enemies to intensify your unyielding assault.

BONE TYRANT
    Bend and break the dead to your will and use their remains to create impenetrable barriers and extend your own life. Control the battlefield with the bones of the departed.

LIVING DEATH
    Draw from the power of life and death to replenish and restore your allies. Resurrect your defeated comrades and keep them in the fight.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    They mentioned that Necromancy is supposed to be very difficult to maintain, so it's sounding like it won't be a pet class, but like, summoning a 'bomber' skeleton to run into your foes and detonate and fill them with bone shards kinda thing

3basnids3lf9.jpg

If you’re an existing ESO player, you can purchase the Digital Collector’s Edition Upgrade for access to the new Chapter and the following in-game goodies at launch:

Senche-raht mount - Largest of all the furstocks, or "breeds" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as warrior and mount.

I feel conflicted about riding on a Khajiit into battle

3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    If you’re an existing ESO player, you can purchase the Digital Collector’s Edition Upgrade for access to the new Chapter and the following in-game goodies at launch:

Senche-raht mount - Largest of all the furstocks, or "breeds" of Khajiit, the Senche-raht is fully intelligent, and in combat often serves simultaneously as warrior and mount.

Look, we already power our weapon enchantments with people's souls. I think we crossed the point where wondering about riding an intelligent being as a mount warrants careful consideration a long time ago.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    can i get a stupid steam key yet for this game? I hate the bethesda launcher so much *tear*

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I want Razum-Dar to give my tiny wood elf a piggyback ride into battle.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Pretty sure the big bipedal khajiit have served as mounts in other works.

Hell, sometimes quadruped khajiit pretend to be non-sapient cats of various sizes so they can be spies or otherwise go unnoticed.

Kamar on
  • GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    We already have Senche-Tigers as mounts, don't we? They are Khajiit after all.

But anyway, finally something else than those pointy-eared pansies. Khajiit share a lot of similarities with the glorious Redguard, so nice to get to know them better.

edited January 2019
    You know, now that I've played through each faction's zones...Daggerfall Covenant seems to feature a much higher proportion of disconcerting quests you're expected to just go along with, compared to the other two.

edit: Possibly because every nature worshiper in Tamriel is bugfuck insane but treated as reasonable, and DC has a higher proportion of quests involving them than anywhere except Grahtwood.

Kamar on
    Kamar wrote: »
    You know, now that I've played through each faction's zones...Daggerfall Covenant seems to feature a much higher proportion of disconcerting quests you're expected to just go along with, compared to the other two.

edit: Possibly because every nature worshiper in Tamriel is bugfuck insane but treated as reasonable, and DC has a higher proportion of quests involving them than anywhere except Grahtwood.

When their competition tends to be daedric cults it's not hard to look reasonable to the populace.

Steam Profile
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Changes to racials are coming in for update 21. Here's the list as is so far.

Well, that's certainly... interesting. Seems like some pretty major changes this late in the game...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Well, that's certainly... interesting. Seems like some pretty major changes this late in the game...

ZOS has not garnered a reputation for quickly adjusting things that need to be adjusted outside of a few cases where something was absurdly powerful and warping PvP builds around it.

Major updates are really rare which isn't always a bad thing if things are generally working well but it does mean stuff they didn't get quite right persists for a long time.

Steam Profile
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    /cries in Dunmer MagDK

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    /cries in Dunmer MagDK

Pretty sure every common setup is getting hit a bit. This mostly seems to be trying to ensure that someone playing a magicka build on a stamina biased race gets something out of it even if it's just more stamina to dodge roll. Stamina builds on magicka biased races don't seem to get as much.

Steam Profile
    edited January 2019
    I was hopeful when I read they were moving to flat bonuses, since I figured they meant 'trivial except for extreme min-maxers', but it looks like they're just...shuffling things a bit, and all magicka users should be Altmer or suck even more so than now?

Kamar on
    Destructive Ancestry: 7% Flame damage and 2% Frost/Shock Damage → Ruination: Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258.

ooof jesus christ

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    So... now Nords get better Spell Resistance than Bretons. But Breton magic resistance has been a race feature in every game.

Hrm. :/

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    flip side, Khajiit now have a FIVE METER STEALTH RADIUS REDUCTION, which will undoubtedly stack with Night Terror + Night Mother's Embrace. Which, like, wtf. Can we get to negative stealth radius? At what point does the reduction become trivial?

flip side, Khajiit now have a FIVE METER STEALTH RADIUS REDUCTION, which will undoubtedly stack with Night Terror + Night Mother's Embrace. Which, like, wtf. Can we get to negative stealth radius? At what point does the reduction become trivial?

The Khajiit were crushed in a Stealth Singularity, never to be seen again.

Scholars suggest the Dwemer may have been subject to a similar fate.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I got a name for my necromancer Argonian already. Strokes-His-Bones. 💪💀💪

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    I got a name for my necromancer Argonian already. Strokes-His-Bones. 💪💀💪

My friend suggested "Nekomancer" for a Khajiit.

I am sad because I have NO DOUBT it will be taken on day 1.

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    I was watching the stream when they announced it. Nekomancer appeared in the chat at least three times that I saw. Probably more, that chat was moving fast.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Well, I guess I'm never using my argonian sorcerer again.

No way in hell I'm sticking with that class when I can play as I would have originally wanted to as a necromancer.

Going to suck having to create a new character again but eh.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile