As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Old Thread.

19596979899101»

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I got 2 rainbows on the stepup but they were emperor sheera number whatever and SBDFina number who cares.

then I put in tickets until I got the second new 4 star and now I'm done.

honestly, Folka doesn't seem that good compared to CG fina or Ayaka unless you specifically need to remove stat debuffs.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I did the step-up and got one rainbow on the last step (came down rainbow) which gave me a Folka! I also threw around 8 tickets at the banner to round out my count, but did not get anything else. I used my 5+1 ticket (2 golds and 4 blues) and my 5* EX ticket (from last week) was Rinoa #1. I'm not going to chase a 2nd Folka just yet. I want to see what next week brings and I might throw a few more tickets chasing her.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I'll continue building back up after the Christmas debacle. Folka is still a Veritas and therefore she does not get into my team, end of.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Did the step up. Nyx #1 and 2 Folka. That'll do....

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    4 tickets to get Splash Knuckle. Done.

I also potted Tifa with HP and LB. ATK I gave her last week.

Not sure if this was a good idea. Tifa isn't future-proof and she's only a little stronger than Hyoh. Meanwhile I have Fryevia and Christine, both of whom are stronger than Hyoh and I think might be stronger than Tifa. I haven't even potted Christine yet, and I doubt I'll get to use her before Elly shows up and makes her obsolete.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Damnit, I know better than to read this forum when I'm trying to avoid pulling. Step up yielded two rainbows, Aranea#2 and CG Nichol#5. Zero Folkas and 11k lapis poorer. /shakefist

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Not sure if this was a good idea. Tifa isn't future-proof and she's only a little stronger than Hyoh. Meanwhile I have Fryevia and Christine, both of whom are stronger than Hyoh and I think might be stronger than Tifa. I haven't even potted Christine yet, and I doubt I'll get to use her before Elly shows up and makes her obsolete.

Tifa got enhancements in Japan and they apparently make her pretty damn good.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Tifa got enhancements in Japan and they apparently make her pretty damn good.

Yeah, Tifa's enhancements make her insanely future proof as she joins the TDW/Dual Wield Mastery meta. She's up there with CG Lightning and them in terms of damage. She's a good investment.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I did the step-up and got one rainbow on the last step (came down rainbow) which gave me a Folka! I also threw around 8 tickets at the banner to round out my count, but did not get anything else. I used my 5+1 ticket (2 golds and 4 blues) and my 5* EX ticket (from last week) was Rinoa #1. I'm not going to chase a 2nd Folka just yet. I want to see what next week brings and I might throw a few more tickets chasing her.

I was going to be fine with 1 folka as she has all the important stuff by then and stats get her through content fine still for a while.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat, but a few random comments from good jp people
    Roselia is great and I used her a lot but I would personally put Folka above her, especially after enhancements. Personally, I stopped using Ayaka after I got Roselia and stopped using Roselia after I got Folka; currently, I use Folka and Aerith about the same depending the needs of the content.
    Her ability to apply stop or charm resist while healing is also very useful and combines with the break and ailment resist.

To repeat what I said earlier on a Folka thread:

For me, I tend to use double healer strategies on almost all coming trials that are planned for GL.

Folka is absolutely MVP for nearly all of these strategies and only gets stronger once mechanics like "Reduce resistance to ailments" come into the game, where you need innate immunity + a buff to resist that ailment.

I would say that she is one of the key units that enabled me to clear a lot of the trials.

When used with another healer / support that can cover any gaps she may have, she is absolutely amazing, and fills her niche the best until LW Lenna.

For some examples with actual trials, and I really only started using her from this point and discovered her greatness!

Been in pretty much every trial team since..

Dark Ifrit & Siren (reborn)

Tank / Nichol / Folka / Yuna / 2 x chainers

This trial dispels you every 5n-1 turns - Folka is amazing here.

Ultros & Typhon (reborn)

Tank / Nichol / Folka / Yuna / 2 x chainers

This trial uses ailment resist down.

Lich (reborn)

2 x Tank / Nichol / Folka / 2 x chainers

Glacial (reborn)

Tank / Nichol / Folka / CG Fina / 2 x chainers

Moon (reborn)

2 x Tank / Fina / Folka / 2 x chainers

I eventually started using Aerith a bit more here if ailment/stop/charm immunity wasn't an issue.

Neo Exdeath (series boss battle)

Tank (Charlotte) / Breaker / Folka / Aerith / 2 x chainers.

Shinryu

Tank (Charlotte) / Breaker / Folka / CG Fina / 2 x chainers.

Chaotic Darkness (series boss battle)

Tank (Charlotte) / Breaker / Folka / CG Fina / 2 x chainers.

Aigaion Reborn

2 x Tank / Breaker / Folka / 2 x chainers

This trial uses uncoverable damage, stop, breaks. Enh Folka here is amazing with barriers attached to the stop resist skill.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    You're going to make me run this step up lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    I figure I'll pull one of her eventually and can always UoC a second if needed. Or, by the time these trials actually come to global, I'll have enough UoC tickets to just 7* her immediately if I run into a problem clearing content.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Got one Folka from tickets pull and 2 more from step up. Debating if I should spent 5K or more for 4th for STMR. I'm leading to no at this moment.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I spent 1 ticket and got the chocobo guy with the 40% ATK TMR, which is all I wanted from this banner. Why can't it be that accommodating the rest of the time?

• Options
    Same, half pull got me Yubel, so I'm pretty much set.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Oh my fucking god, game.

So you know how I threw a pile of tickets at the KH banner and got fuck all for it? Well, I just did five tickets on this banner to see if I can get those knuckles - and got Folka on ticket four. Which is annoying because I am not going to use her. Is her TMR good at least?

Drascin on
  • Options
    Her TMR is great. Most of the CG Veritas TMR's are good. They all include LB boosts which is nice, plus good stats. Her's is 30% SPR/MP, 5% MP refresh, and 50% LB fill rate.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Her TMR is great. Most of the CG Veritas TMR's are good. They all include LB boosts which is nice, plus good stats. Her's is 30% SPR/MP, 5% MP refresh, and 50% LB fill rate.

That sounds like a thing both Nichol and Yan could use, yes. MP plus limit speedup is pretty good.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Oh my fucking god, game.

So you know how I threw a pile of tickets at the KH banner and got fuck all for it? Well, I just did five tickets on this banner to see if I can get those knuckles - and got Folka on ticket four. Which is annoying because I am not going to use her. Is her TMR good at least?

The game knows! I hate when that happens because you know it'll be another 40 or so pulls until you see another rainbow.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Threw 1 ticket at the banner and it reformed into a Rainbow, Jiraiya #5. I think that's been the first reformed Rainbow I've had in a long time. I'm done with this banner, if there was ever a sign, that was it.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Did the step up. 9 Ichors, two golds (Luka, Sylvia) and one Folka on the last step.

=/ Probably not worth it.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    Did the step up. 9 Ichors, two golds (Luka, Sylvia) and one Folka on the last step.

=/ Probably not worth it.
    Folka is still pretty great even at 6*. She has access to all of her best abilities at 6*. Her 7* just makes her better overall, but not game breaking. I plan on using my 6* Folka until I randomly pull a 2nd of her.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    most of their TMRs are good but they aren't often BIS and are rarely necessary.

for instance Folka's is 30%mp/spr and 50% LB along with a 5%MP per turn so you need a spr/mp regen whose LB needs to get filled faster all at the same time its very good but if you have no mp problems because it's on a healer or don't need spirit because you put it on a buffer like CG nichol, one of those stats ends up being wasted.

Citra's is the only one currently that may actually be BIS for a spirit character or tank. and while sieghard's is probably used for most tanks currently, it's only a slight upgrade over patriotic recall.

• Options

REMINDER: Run the Vault of Hidden Treasures
    with a Gil doubler!!!

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    I dunno what everyone is planning to use for this bonus stage, but I got up a Hyoh with a non-elemental weapon, full status immunity, and a ton of machine killers. Hopefully that's generic enough.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Arguably the worst bit will be dealing with the Bomb Jr's. Kryla may be a good choice since she can cover a ton of elements and even with dual element attacks she'll be hitting against a 700% elemental weakness to at least two bombs at a time. Malphasie for Dark coverage, CGFina for Light coverage. That should do it.

Edit: looks like the bombs in this only have a -100% weakness, not -1000% like in the trial, so dual element won't work. Ok, Loren it is instead of Kryla, gotta figure out coverage for everything else.

Cruor on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Threw 1 ticket at the banner and it reformed into a Rainbow, Jiraiya #5. I think that's been the first reformed Rainbow I've had in a long time. I'm done with this banner, if there was ever a sign, that was it.

Good news there is you can get a 100% moogle out of it, I guess.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Good news there is you can get a 100% moogle out of it, I guess.

Plus a full TMR team for those sweet 500 mixer coins since I doubt GUMI will make him relevant with his 7*.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Does no one care we're at page 101?

• Options
  • Options
    Lorek wrote: »
    I dunno what everyone is planning to use for this bonus stage, but I got up a Hyoh with a non-elemental weapon, full status immunity, and a ton of machine killers. Hopefully that's generic enough.
    I believe it would actually be better to put Tonitrus or BT on him. I believe there is a mission to do elemental chaining and the lightning works on Europe. I think?

This discussion has been closed.