As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Pro player exhibition is starting!

• Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    More information: Meters only recharge over time, and there's a mechanic similar to Soul Calibur's Lethal Hits. Also no more running. Also short hops!

Deans on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Haha..MK11 has lethal hits.

It seems like this is more neutral based than MKX. Fewer low risk/big reward overheads.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    MK looks good

Playable shao khan could be my jam

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    JUST FRAME BLOCKING

IB?

MK confirmed anime.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    like I get that you want your games to have a revenue stream post launch but boy howdy am I over dlc characters/launch dlc characters especially for fighting games

I know its 2019 and no one cares but dangit

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I dunno if theres one thing im willing to pay extra for its entirely new characters. I doubt these characters would be in the game if they couldnt charge extra, I see them as a bonus, not something 'cut" from the game.

Also going from MK11 to that power rangers trailer was quite the whiplash. I kept expecting the green ranger to decapitate someone

• Options
    Oh no they do put in quite a bit of post game work into characters and I get that people like em which is cool, I prefer the expansion aspect I suppose with mechanic updates and characters at the same time, not a slow drip of characters who maybe have new mechanics

both are valid I just don't like one dangit!!!

and to be fair NRS has got miles better about how they've done it since Injustice 1

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Someone.......... Was asking??

It was me, sorry, not sorry.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Oh no they do put in quite a bit of post game work into characters and I get that people like em which is cool, I prefer the expansion aspect I suppose with mechanic updates and characters at the same time, not a slow drip of characters who maybe have new mechanics

both are valid I just don't like one dangit!!!

and to be fair NRS has got miles better about how they've done it since Injustice 1

yeah I miss expansions as a rule

• Options
    there were some pretty bad ways of doing expansions

like here's 4 new characters and a balance patch, we're ending online support for the old game

cost $60, no upgrade option if you owned the old version

• Options
    Yeah ARC SYS

I loved how sf4 and mvc3 worked but that was also a decade ago when everything was just getting online

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    There is a big boy grappler who fucks with the game clock

ED BOON READ MY LETTERS

• Options
    Is time guy a grappler that's sweet

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Knob wrote: »

ED BOON READ MY LETTERS

I thought ultradavid was just having a fever dream

This sounds dope

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »

ED BOON READ MY LETTERS

Someone finally made “sacrifice life for more time on the clock” mechanics for real?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I want a character who is so tall that if you let them stand at center screen they have a move that reaches up and knocks 5 seconds off the clock

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I want a character who is so tall that if you let them stand at center screen they have a move that reaches up and knocks 5 seconds off the clock

Elena was in Ultra

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Someone.......... Was asking??

It was me, sorry, not sorry.

Why wouldn't you ask for a Kamen Rider fighting game instead?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Kwoaru wrote: »

Divekick has Jefailey. His ground special is Timer Scam, which stops the action and drains 2 seconds off the clock.

Because the game is 1-hit-kill, time-over tiebreakers are decided by who is closest to the center of the stage. This can be a very strong move to use.

Perrsun on
  • Options
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Man it's been a while since I've gone from excitement to disappointment so quickly. They took Mk, made it slower, gave it street fighter footsies, kept bullshit zoning, and made meter refill like stamina. So you get meter while running away.

The game is very pretty and has some cool looking moves but christ does it look unnapealing to actually play. DOA was more hype.

Atleast we're getting more Fighterz content. That's something to look forward to.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    how many of jiren's moves are him staring

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I'm interested in his theme.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I am wildly excited for mk11

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    This logo is very good.
    Like, “the designer deserves a raise” good.
    pnir4vddz56m.png

Perrsun on
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

Zappa zappa zappa zappa zappa zappa zappa

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I'm excited for jiren in fighters I'll probably practice up again for when he's out

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I’m pretty excited for MK11 after skipping X.

I do really wish Netherrealm would add some kind of cosmetic-only option to Injustice 2 however. The only way to play with a character’s default look is to either play with no gear or transmogrify all your best gear into the default gear, which is a micro transaction.

What I’m really saying is all the TMNT gear looks terrible and they became the only characters I play in that game as soon as they were released.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    mk11 is the most interested ive been in a new fighting game

its all marketing at this point I guess, but there's plenty of reasons to be optimistic

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I've always been a MK fan even if I haven't played it seriously since the arcade days(and even then I was just pressing buttons).

And the fact that they said they're toning down all the crazy 50/50s actually makes me a bit more excited for MK11.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    I'm excited for jiren in fighters I'll probably practice up again for when he's out

Let's play!

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Yeah I really like the sound of the gameplay changes

I'm gonna miss playing Jason though

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    A lot of people seem too be very averse to guest horror/sci-fi franchise characters in MK. As someone who grew up in the 80's, I say bring 'em the fuck on. Pulling in cast from outside does not "ruin my immersion" in any way, shape, or form. As far fighting games go, I don't think they ever will.

If the rumors of Ash, Michael Myers, and Pennywise are in per leaked info, the young kid in me who used to sneak horror movies with his buddies every weekend will be ecstatic, just as I have been with all of the previous titles' guest characters.

Speaking of which, as someone who doesn't follow Tekken too heavily, are people upset about Negan? Or is this something that seems to only be a thing for NRS titles (people were upset about guest characters in IJ2 as well).

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    A lot of people seem too be very averse to guest horror/sci-fi franchise characters in MK. As someone who grew up in the 80's, I say bring 'em the fuck on. Pulling in cast from outside does not "ruin my immersion" in any way, shape, or form. As far fighting games go, I don't think they ever will.

If the rumors of Ash, Michael Myers, and Pennywise are in per leaked info, the young kid in me who used to sneak horror movies with his buddies every weekend will be ecstatic, just as I have been with all of the previous titles' guest characters.

Speaking of which, as someone who doesn't follow Tekken too heavily, are people upset about Negan? Or is this something that seems to only be a thing for NRS titles (people were upset about guest characters in IJ2 as well).

It ruins the immersion of believing in the Purple Rain ninja and a universe where no one can pronounce Chinese correctly.

Jason and Xenomorph were the best parts of MKX for me.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    In other news, I finally got in the parts I needed, and my new controller feels swag as hell.
    1al7lbdoxdjx.jpg

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    In other news, I finally got in the parts I needed, and my new controller feels swag as hell.
    1al7lbdoxdjx.jpg

That is very sexy. Are you gonna keep the minimal look?

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    templewulf wrote: »
    1al7lbdoxdjx.jpg

That is very sexy. Are you gonna keep the minimal look?

Heck yeah. I waited 3 months for Paradise to finally get Sanwa OBSF-24 black back in stock. I could have gone to Focus Attack sooner, but I like the Paradise people.

The case came from AllFightSticks, which is pretty affordable if you go with their "Ready To Ship" / "RTS" pre-built models.

Edit: In particular, this AFS model has that rounded edge on the front that I really like. It's much comfier on my hands than plexi-top cases.

templewulf on
This discussion has been closed.