As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I played Strifecro today!
    RNG was on my side.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/365049527?t=02h56m10s
    I thought it was a good idea to wait to play gnome until after seeing the call to arms, but after the game Strifecro disagreed, saying there's no timing for gnome.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    There's only a timing for gnome if there are card shufflers (Banker, Kingsbane, Holy Wrath, etc.)

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dover can I borrow your RNG for a while?

forty wrote: »
    I haven't looked lately, but I would guess I'm still at least 10-12 legendaries short of the Classic set (missing quite a few class ones, including Antonidas, Edwin, Grom, and probably a couple others), in addition to missing a good number of Epics (still have no Preps!), and even a handful of rares.

So I'm still over 4 years away from a complete set. :rotate:
    Worse than I thought. I'm missing 13 legendaries, 6 of them class ones (Cenarius, Velen, Jaraxxus in addition to the ones above). As far as neutrals, Thalnos is by far the best neutral I'm missing, followed by the occasionally playable Mukla, Harrison, and Cairne.

26 epics.
    5 rares, including 2 Nourishes since I disenchanted mine.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I guess I haven’t paid much attention to just how much armour druids can stack when they’re trying to stall a game to complete their combo, but I just completed the “deal 65 damage to opposing heroes” quest in a single game and that feels excessive..

The pool of beasts to make stuff from is so strong at the moment, charge / rush, life steal, poison, taunt, untargatetable. You can get some real unfair combinations.

Someone put down a 7/7 flappy bird with stealth; they have removed my taunt next turn so I obviously got hit for 14 damage when it attacked.

PSN Fleety2009
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I guess I haven’t paid much attention to just how much armour druids can stack when they’re trying to stall a game to complete their combo, but I just completed the “deal 65 damage to opposing heroes” quest in a single game and that feels excessive..

The pool of beasts to make stuff from is so strong at the moment, charge / rush, life steal, poison, taunt, untargatetable. You can get some real unfair combinations.

Someone put down a 7/7 flappy bird with stealth; they have removed my taunt next turn so I obviously got hit for 14 damage when it attacked.

Sure, but this match was Odd Roguge vs some flavour of combo Druid

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

There's an argument to save Gnomeferatu after Call to Arms.

Say that they have 20 cards in their deck, and a given combo piece is still in the deck. You have a 5% chance of getting the combo piece with the Gnome. Say that on their next turn they draw and then Call to Arms. They have a 5% chance to have drawn that combo piece, but your odds of killing the combo piece have gone up to 6.25%. Over a large sample of games, that extra chance adds up.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Dover can I borrow your RNG for a while?

I don't know, let's see:

Geth roll 1d2

(1 to have my RNG, 2 to not)

Sorry! Looks like your RNG is too poor to give you mine. :)

1d2 2 [1d2=2]

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Dammit!

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Or yours is too good!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    I have gotten stuck with so many 50/50/50 days over the last couple months it's unreal.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I have gotten stuck with so many 50/50/50 days over the last couple months it's unreal.

looks like a name change is in order

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    I've got x2 60g quests and *sigh* another Classic pack. Gonna reroll the pack tomorrow for more of that sweet, sweet gold.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I can't seem to get anything other than 50g quests. And I reroll every day.

Dibby wrote: »

looks like a name change is in order
    Well, I've still got my 4 common 1 rare packs. :P

MNC Dover wrote: »
    I've got x2 60g quests and *sigh* another Classic pack. Gonna reroll the pack tomorrow for more of that sweet, sweet gold.
    Too bad. That one has a legendary in it.

edited January 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Too bad. That one has a legendary in it.

That's fine. The pack it's going to buy will have the legendary in it. And just past 4k gold! woot!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Half-pack

edited January 2019
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Half-pack

I'll reroll into an 80 or 100g quest. Watch!

Geth roll 1d49
    • 1-34 = 50 gold
    • 35-42 = 60 gold
    • 43 = 80 gold
    • 44-46 = 100 gold
    • 47-49 = Classic pack

Edit: Well shit....there's always tomorrow I guess. :)

1d49 22 [1d49=22]

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    There's only a timing for gnome if there are card shufflers (Banker, Kingsbane, Holy Wrath, etc.)

My basic thought process was call to arms pulls a bunch of stuff out of the deck you don't want gnome to hit, so it must increase your odds of hitting something good.

Gottem'!

VS Report #118

Not much has changed, keep playing Paladin, Hunter, and Priest. Druid got a deck into T3 this time though, your choice of 'draw your whole deck' into Mecha'thun/Togwaggle/Hakkar.

Wild report this Sunday.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Who thought giving hunter a better arcane intellect was a good idea?

To be fair it used to come with a 2/1 body.

The 50/50/50 streak continues. What the fucking fuck? This season is such an Irvine steamer.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Since I hit rank 5 in Wild and put Odd Rogue aside to start focusing on knocking out 500 wins with each class, Secret Tempo Mage has been my best deck.

If I play as Odd Warrior, A) games take forever, and B) I see destined to queue into a combo deck that doesn't really care about my ability to stack armor. If I play as a combo deck like any given Mecha'thun deck, I'm certain to queue into nothing but Even Shaman and Odd Rogue and Pirate Warrior and Odd Paladin, and be dead by turn six. And if I play any sort of aggressive deck, I queue into Big Priest, who inevitably has Barnes on four into a statue.

Secret Mage isn't the best deck by any means, but at least it feels like it has a fighting shot against a lot of decks.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    VS Report #118

Not much has changed, keep playing Paladin, Hunter, and Priest. Druid got a deck into T3 this time though, your choice of 'draw your whole deck' into Mecha'thun/Togwaggle/Hakkar.

Wild report this Sunday.

Made one of the two Hunter decks. First four games were all wins (two were against baby seals). Then four straight losses to everything. Yep, confirmed the deck is decent. I have yet to get to Zuljin though.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Spellstone based Hunter decks really fall apart when both your Spellstones are in the bottom 20% of your deck.

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    The problem with the toxic friend request is when you actually want to say something to your last opponent, they don't usually accept it.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    The problem with the toxic friend request is when you actually want to say something to your last opponent, they don't usually accept it.

They should add friend requests: "real friendly" mode where you can only chat through hero emotes.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    I got 6 actual friend requests this week, including one guy who talked Renolock tech cards with me for like 30 minutes. People are generally pretty friendly.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Spellstone based Hunter decks really fall apart when both your Spellstones are in the bottom 20% of your deck.

Control priests anti aggro game really falls apart when both your duskbreakers and activators are in the bottom 70% of your deck.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    @Yilias

Just got an email about the Blizz Wild Open qualifiers?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    edited January 2019
    Funny, I just came to post the same thing.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Unlikely, I've only got 5 Wild legend finishes this year and I don't think they were particularly high (when there's only 200 people in legend saying you're top 100 doesn't really mean anything, you need like top 25). Competition is a lot tougher this season than usual too since people are actually paying attention to Wild as well.

Fake edit: Nope, no email.

Wonder if they are trying to encourage those who play Wild but don't get that high?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Rules Book

Says you need top 100 finish for this month.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

I'm still mad the Hunter stone is fully upgraded with 2 cards while the Rogue stone needs 6 cards.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Rules Book

Says you need top 100 finish for this month.

Bringing back the old ones...
    a4b9577efc739011dbdc8699ff8de94d3f4055cb1bff9c1b24ed0feb0b35d1c6.jpg

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra