As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    maybe she has friends on both consoles

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    AEW signed Jungle Boy, Luke Perry's son who first got big attention in November when Janela booked him for Joey Janela's LA Confidential

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    since DX and Rusev got tanks

I'd say Asuka earned the right to roll up in a A-10 Thunderbolt

• existexist Registered User regular
    Have the AEW discussed female talent at all apart from Brandi Rhodes, who is a given?

UmPiq.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna be the odd man out here, but I do see a benefit to Andrade's name being shortened to one: it helps the audience figure out what to chant for him (since the plebs refuse to chant "I-do-lo! I-do-lo!").

So chant for him, fans! Chant, dammit!

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

good for them

they'd been utterly wasted, particularly maria

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Good on Mike for getting signed, getting WWE to pay for rehab and then getting the hell out

CYpGAPn.png
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Best getting paid for fuckall work story will always be Iron Sheik at WCW though. Got brought in on 100k a year based on how he'd wrestled 10+ years earlier. Couldn't go anymore so they said fuck it and sent him home.

Then at the end of the year they forgot he was signed for them because he hadn't been around for so long.

So they didn't cancel his contract and it rolled over for another year and another 100k.

They then tried jobbing him out a bunch hoping it would piss him off enough to want to leave, but he was happy getting 100k to be a jobber and the matches sucked so they gave up and sent him home again.

200k over 2 years for maybe 20 terrible matches.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

OH MY GOD

HE DID IT AGAIN

DxE_F6vVAAA-gVu.jpg

MANTAUR'S IN THE GREATEST CLUSTERFUCK

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    joey janela you mad genius

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Best getting paid for fuckall work story will always be Iron Sheik at WCW though. Got brought in on 100k a year based on how he'd wrestled 10+ years earlier. Couldn't go anymore so they said fuck it and sent him home.

Then at the end of the year they forgot he was signed for them because he hadn't been around for so long.

So they didn't cancel his contract and it rolled over for another year and another 100k.

They then tried jobbing him out a bunch hoping it would piss him off enough to want to leave, but he was happy getting 100k to be a jobber and the matches sucked so they gave up and sent him home again.

200k over 2 years for maybe 20 terrible matches.
    I dunno, Randy Savage's brother Lanny Poffo was under contract with WCW for 5 years and never wrestled a single match. Considering he was picked up as part of the deal to bring Macho across, I can't imagine it was small change either - to his credit, the dude repeatedly tried to contact the bookings office and even did a whole prep for a Gorgeous George gimmick that WCW eventually gave to Savage's then-girlfriend, so it's not like he deliberately milked it.

They either just forgot or were happy for Lanny to sit at home while they got his brother on TV.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Give me Paul Robinson going full Essex boy at a Kaiju pls.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Ronda Rousey is the voice of Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat 11, just revealed on their livestream.

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Ronda Rousey is the voice of Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat 11, just revealed on their livestream.

That seems like a huge waste of money.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Seems kinda weird to demote their signature female character to shit-tier. (One high kick connects and the match is over.)

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

That seems like a huge waste of money.

NRS is like the one company that makes fighting games that has money

icGJy2C.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its going to be weird when Sonya talks about Crisis actors and Millenial avocado toast ruining the whatever the fuck mortal kombat calls a world.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    "When I was a kid, you would have NEVER seen a dumb haircut like that in the NetherRealms. Get a job, hippie!"

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    “Smoke can try to be a funky robot, cut off his pecker, but he’s still got man bones”

rounda rosey sucks out loud and I’m sad I was already not going to buy mk 11 just cause I don’t get to explicitly boycott it because of her

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    way better news:

He looks like a completely different person in that picture, holy moly

PMKobcq.jpg

good god

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Does PAC have negative body fat at this point? i mean, holy hell.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    He was already close to the point, but I think he's definitely crossed it now, where it looks like he has too much muscle and looks kind of gross because of that. Like, eat some carbs and cover some of those muscles up. That doesn't look healthy.

i wanna punch him in the tummy and have it flip over to battle-damaged

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    It just makes his skin look like it's under incredible tension. I know skin doesn't work that way, but still.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    He was already close to the point, but I think he's definitely crossed it now, where it looks like he has too much muscle and looks kind of gross because of that. Like, eat some carbs and cover some of those muscles up. That doesn't look healthy.

I have a friend who is a pro body builder, he gets down that low for competition only and tries to bounce right back up to something more healthy after and even that cycle makes him much more prone to getting sick. He said walking around that way all the time would be really, really risking your health.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »

I have a friend who is a pro body builder, he gets down that low for competition only and tries to bounce right back up to something more healthy after and even that cycle makes him much more prone to getting sick. He said walking around that way all the time would be really, really risking your health.

That's because it is! Our bodies need a certain amount of fat store for all kinds of reasons to do with out immune system, our hormone balance, our energy reserves, hell, even the ability to control body temperature. Being ultra-shredded like a competing bodybuilder all the time with no-off season would probably take many years if not decades off your life if you somehow manage to not just die outright.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Cody talked to ESPN about a possible union in AEW.
    A union in pro wrestling -- and that's this thing that people say all of the time, and they don't realize it -- a union in pro wrestling would put pro wrestling out of business. But, with that said, we should be actively working towards some sort of body, and this is outside of what I'm talking about with AEW and as me in the executive role, but we should actively be working to have the happiest talent you can possibly have.

"Whether that starts as a talent feedback system, or a players' league, or some sort of body where there's a complete, transparent communication between those in the office and those in the locker room. That's massively important, especially when you are traveling the world. I think taking those steps, even if they are baby steps, is great.

So, in short, no.

Longer answer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0sK65PyVI

euj90n71sojo.png
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    Wow, a boss saying that their business can't function if the workers get a union. That's the first time I've heard that.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Man, my interest in AEW is just plummeting by the day.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    It reads to me like “there should be a union but we can’t call it that because it’ll scare off the money marks.”

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Why would an union kill pro wrestling exactly?

• burboburbo Registered User regular
    Reasoning is probably the same as any other business. The basis of profit is the exploitation of excess value created by the worker. If workers were able to get enough power to get some that back for themselves, the owners would say "awww shucks, this ain't even worth it".

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Why would an union kill pro wrestling exactly?

Because then wrestlers might get stuff like guaranteed sick time, vacation time, or health benefits. I mean god forbid they be treated like workers.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I honestly don't know how indie companies survive as it is, to be honest, outside of the owners loving pro wrestling. I'd love to look at their balance sheets or what they call their balance sheets. I'm fairly certain Chikara shows are there to advertise their school, for example. The Wrestlefactory is not very big.

WWE could afford a union, but the little guys....?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    AEW has Shadi Khan backing it.

He’s probably the richest man to back a wrestling company since Turner and WCW.

AEW ain’t a little guy no more.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Which is why a billionaire investor taking a shot in a 50/50 boom bust doesn’t want to give his employees...i’m sorry, CONTRACTORS any leverage sohe can bail scott free if it busts.

This discussion has been closed.