As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did You See The [nfl] And Watched The [AAF] Instead

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I don't get how folks like Bob Costas are successful

Fucker is milquetoast as hell
    That's probably why.

sig.gif
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

David Newton likes to take stuff out of context to drum up clicks. Tepper presented a hypothetical situation in which Cam sat out and talked about the team needing to have cap space available whether or not that actually happens. There hasn't been a determination on if he even needs surgery right now.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Come on! Who didn't love the Olympic pink eye incident?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Eric Berry, Spencer Ware, and Laurent Duvernay-Tardif all practicing today for KC

Getting healthy at the right time

I think I'd rather see Williams get the work than Ware though.

• Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Ware is a good change of pace back. 3rd downs. I’m really enjoying all the pro-Mahomes memes I’ve been seeing. Makes me feel good about their chances. Still anxious as hell, but hopeful.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I got the Chiefs

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Alright... Let's see... I'm not confident about either of these picks but

Chiefs 37 Patriots 31

Saints 41 Rams 31

Defense is for suckers.

• Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Mahomes is the pro football writers of America mvp.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

He's the MVP of my heart too.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Still kind of hope Brees gets it to make up for years past. Kind of like Return of the King sweeping the oscars after the first 2 movies got snubbed. Mahomes will be doing this for awhile.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

He's the MVP of my heart too.
    jy9tbkutgx6b.jpeg

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Still kind of hope Bree’d gets it to make up for years past. Kind of like Return of the King sweeping the oscars after the first 2 movies got snubbed. Mahomes will be doing this for wuite awhile.

Brees already has a ring and so many records and is a shoe-in first ballot HoF. His legacy is secure.

Mahomes could get hurt tomorrow and never look this good again. I’d like to see him cap off his awesome season with a win.

Also the chiefs have been juuuuuuuust on the cusp of being very good for so long that it’s cool to see it finally come together.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Still kind of hope Bree’d gets it to make up for years past. Kind of like Return of the King sweeping the oscars after the first 2 movies got snubbed. Mahomes will be doing this for wuite awhile.

Brees already has a ring and so many records and is a shoe-in first ballot HoF. His legacy is secure.

Mahomes could get hurt tomorrow and never look this good again. I’d like to see him cap off his awesome season with a win.

Also the chiefs have been juuuuuuuust on the cusp of being very good for so long that it’s cool to see it finally come together.

Brees has never won MVP. If Mahomes wins MVP Brees will be the only QB with more than 5000 yards and a 110 passer rating to not have won MVP

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

Brees has never won MVP. If Mahomes wins MVP Brees will be the only QB with more than 5000 yards and a 110 passer rating to not have won MVP

I’m fine with giving the MVP to whichever QB beats the Patriots.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Marathon wrote: »

I’m fine with giving the MVP to whichever QB beats the Patriots.

I'm pretty sure the NFL MVP is announced before the Super Bowl is even played.

ObiFett on
    That is my big concern with Mahomes. I'm not sure his play style lends itself to a long career.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    My preferred options, in order:

1. Brady picks up a sixth ring, so that every time someone from Pittsburgh starts talking about "Sixburgh" I can say, "Aw, that's cute."
    2. Mahomes blowout victory, because GUNS UP! GO TECH! TORTILLAS!!!!
    3. Meteor takes out Suh.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Literally the only reason I have any cares about NE winning is to shut Pittsburgh the hell up.

I lived among those fans for 4 years and boy howdy it did my head in.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    A road team hasn’t won a league championship game in years so pats are prob not gonna win. Done in by one bad defensive call against a Hail Mary!!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

I completely misread this to be about winning the super bowl and I am a dumb.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I mean, to be fair, Brees would hold his own distinct record of never having been an MVP while playing at that level

and isn't that what it's really all about?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25776964/insurance-market-football-evaporating-causing-major-threat-nfl-pop-warner-colleges-espn
    From the NFL to rec leagues, football is facing a stark, new threat: an evaporating insurance market that is fundamentally altering the economics of the sport, squeezing and even killing off programs faced with higher costs and a scarcity of available coverage, an Outside the Lines investigation has found.

The NFL no longer has general liability insurance covering head trauma, according to multiple sources; just one carrier is willing to provide workers' compensation coverage for NFL teams. Before concussion litigation roiled the NFL beginning in 2011, at least a dozen carriers occupied the insurance market for pro football, according to industry experts.

The insurance choices for football helmet manufacturers are equally slim; one helmet company executive said he was aware of only one. Pop Warner Little Scholars, which oversees 225,000 youth players, was forced to switch insurers after its longtime carrier, a subsidiary of the insurance giant AIG, refused to provide coverage without an exclusion for any neurological injury.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    My preferred options, in order:

1. Brady picks up a sixth ring, so that every time someone from Pittsburgh starts talking about "Sixburgh" I can say, "Aw, that's cute."
    2. Mahomes blowout victory, because GUNS UP! GO TECH! TORTILLAS!!!!
    3. Meteor takes out Suh.

A former coworker liked to say "Stairway to Seven". We made him carry all the heavy gear up our three flights of stairs for it.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    A road team hasn’t won a league championship game in years so pats are prob not gonna win. Done in by one bad defensive call against a Hail Mary!!

I mean, I don't necessarily want to bet against Belicheck/Brady, especially when playing against an Andy Reid-coached team. He has a terrible record in league championship games, and the one his team did win, he then lost in the Super Bowl to... the Patriots.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Sean Payton is such a petty asshole

Doing that just cause he lost at golf

But also what a fucking brilliant play

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    mcp wrote: »
    I don't get how folks like Bob Costas are successful

Fucker is milquetoast as hell

There's a lot to be said for consistency and reliability. Dude worked the Olympics one year with pretty bad pinkeye.

Also: he worked there for 40 years, and he wasn't always the milquetoast scoldy dude.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ok the Seahawks signed formed Broncos QB Lynch

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    We are so deeply fucked if Wilson gets hurt

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    knitdan wrote: »
    We are so deeply fucked if Wilson gets hurt

This is kind of true for most teams though. If the starter goes down the backup is usually a pretty big drop off in quality.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    But like, we didn’t even have a backup until we signed this Lynch guy.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Paxton Lunch actually seems like a decent guy to have as a backup.

He isn't good but if he needs to come in he is capable of making a few plays.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Kap...tho Seattle is cheap

Nobody is signing Kap. It would have happened by now.

Plus Kap isn't a backup. He's a starter.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    That is my big concern with Mahomes. I'm not sure his play style lends itself to a long career.

There is for sure a concern that he wont adjust his level of risk taking with the ball as his career progresses. His arm isn't going to do some of those things forever, and for a normal mortal many of those throws would be bad decisions, but other than that he doesn't do anything that I see as particularly risky to his health?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Eric Berry is in for KC on Sunday.

Could be a big boost if he's actually healthy

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    "valuable HC experience"

"valuable"

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    The Browns offense exploded when Hue left, why would anyone hire him?

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The Browns offense exploded when Hue left, why would anyone hire him?

“Hey Hue, what do you think we should do here?”

*Hue offers his opinion*

“Alright everyone, let’s do the opposite of that!”

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
This discussion has been closed.