As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DAOC] Endless Conquest is Live

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I thought you could with the teleporter guy. Maybe I am mistaken though. Maybe you can't purchase houses though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    That would make sense, I do recall reading in the server selection it specifically said shards are only unique for housing lots.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    the only place shards matter is in housing, you can teleport to the 10 different shards to buy items from different zones but you can search all zones through any market explorer. If you're on Ywain 6 you can only buy houses in that zone, otherwise all PvE/PvP zones are combined.

steam_sig.png
    Oh wow, I forgot the market explorer was a thing. Easily my favorite design of a player market. Also the best housing system I've seen. I spent a lot of time exploring the neighborhoods with my Bard, checking out different guilds / players houses I knew.

It isn't all about immediate gratification (wow / gw2 / eso mailboxes or mail system) it's nice to have an actual community feeling to it that required you to physically visit somewhere.

So I'm deciding between Albion and Hibernia atm. I've always tried rolling Midgard, but never find myself making it to 50. This, ironically, doesn't encourage me to play Mid more. I think I have a lack of interest for most of their classes, though who knows what it looks like since ToA.

Albion I'd likely play a Minstrel, Scout, or Cleric.
    Hibernia would probably be Druid, Warden, or Ranger.

I generally enjoy healing, mostly because I don't trust pug healers to make intelligent decisions.. But I also love sniping that silly Kobold who likes to sit with his torch on.

I liked Albion's lore far better than any of the others, I always end up going back.

Plus Tir-na-nog is a bitch to navigate.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    This is very true, to both remarks.

Albion was my first home. I remember killing skeletons in the graveyard behind the starter town for Briton's (Cottswald?) on launch day. I think my first characters were an Armsman, followed by a Friar and finally a Mercenary.

God this game was such a huge part of my love for gaming. Still hold some very fond memories of BG skirmishes.

edited May 2014
    Prydwen Keep I think it was.

Don't try to kill those skeletons until you're like level 20ish.

If you didn't play during minotaur, forget everything you ever knew. And definitely don't skip over the tutorial. Read everything. Don't pretend like you know things, you don't!

Necros can obviously still solo purps, though, duh.

bowen on
  • Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    alb4lyfe

if anyone is playing albs i'm on ywain6 as Silessia!

• kavkav Medic NexusRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    i cannot believe i am reading a DAOC thread in 2014. Loved my minstrel and no game has ever equaled the Friar. I was there for launch, but left to beta SWG (back when it was great too!) ah memories...

kav on
    Wildstar: Kvang..............................................................Vila
    Dominion: Nexus Zoning Committee...............................Dominion: NZC
    Medic - Mobile Rave Platform.........................................Stalker - Tank? / DPS? (leveling)
    Chua power!
    come on back and give it a try! it's still a solid game, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it

whether or not that's all due to nostalgia... well, who knows :P

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/29/5762140/mythic-warhammer-online-dev-shuttered

Farewell.

Papa EA murders another.

Does that mean broadsword is inheriting the license for the time being?

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Broadsword has been in charge of DAoC since the start of February I believe, so no rough transition is in store.

steam_sig.png
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

EA's tactics strike once again.

C2B on
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Main post has been updated.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    edited November 2014
    So the new Champ weapon gear is being shown off, amazing is one word to describe it.
    Obtain one of the 250+ brand new or revamped Champion Abilities and one of the 150+ Champion Weapons on your quest for Champion Level 15!

Brave the depths of the Darkness Falls RvR dungeon to experience new encounters and find new rewards!

This patch is currently being tested on pendragon.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    Cl15 is out. The red seals needed to buy CL15 weapons require 60+ man Darkness Falls raiding groups that have to battle it out with the other 60+ raids from other realms.

The seals cannot be traded, but the new weapons can.

Also, for about an hour after the game went live, they forgot to fix the diamond seal trading npc that was giving out unlimited glass and dragon scales. Oops.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    I'm sad that I played this game for 2 months and then just went back to WoW because I just don't have the time I want or used to have to play it anymore.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Well..I remembered what email address I used to setup my Daoc account... yup.. my characters are still there... dont know if I want to actually check it out, last played shortly after Shrouded Isles.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    Seriously, Mythic/Broadsword ... make this game F2P and I'll be able to probably get back into it! I'll even buy things in a store like armor and weapons!

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    bowen wrote: »
    Seriously, Mythic/Broadsword ... make this game F2P and I'll be able to probably get back into it! I'll even buy things in a store like armor and weapons!

yea, that surprised me as well.. they still have a subscription based game. i'll likely install and give it a go, I got 7 free days to walk around.

well, looks like new MMOs have spoiled me, was cool to run around with the old Spirit Master again but damn... I wouldn't be able to play this again.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Yeah DAoC was my first MMO but every time I've tried to get back in when they give me free time I just can't play it.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Yeah I've just got no energy to keep up with the people who've been playing for the past 15 years.

edited January 2015
    Yeah I've just got no energy to keep up with the people who've been playing for the past 15 years.

Take any 50 to DF raids and acquire blood seals. Trade 24 seals for weapons, which most sell for 50-100 plat. Buy a cottage for 1 plat and set up the consignment merchant.

Sell the items, find a template you can afford, have the items crafted or buy them from the housing merchant.

I just temped out my NS, but I am terrible at finding solos in NF. Guess practice makes perfect.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    DF became relevant again?

Just temped my Molvik NS, cost about 180 plat. One expensive template for sure.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Are we allowed to mention freeshard servers and ask if anyone is playing on one?

Feldorn wrote: »
    Are we allowed to mention freeshard servers and ask if anyone is playing on one?

That's up to the mods. I think its against the rules of the forums.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Aye, I do know in the past there were exceptions made for P1999, and wasn’t sure if the same was the case for DAOC.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Without getting into specifics, I'm hearing good things, gonna have to check this out.

I subbed to regular DaoC and Molvik has had very sparse action. Broadsword chopped up the game until it is almost unrecognizable.

Terrible thing to happen, but the balance patch was released when Warlords of Draenor released, so its not like its a sudden change.

I'm amazed there are people still playing Live.

oHw5R0V.jpg
    chopped up? in what way? do you have a link to some patch notes? i like to keep tabs on this lil guy since DAOC was my very first MMO

edited January 2019
    They rewrote a lot of the solid groundwork mythic made. They redid the necromancer and several other classes like the Norse Stealther melee, and just about every other class to make them worth playing.

The worse changes they made for me personally, was making Mastery of Stealth baseline for rangers and making Nightshades crawl if they are moving in stealth.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    edited October 2019
    Free 2 play goes live at the end of the month. The OP was redone so have a look.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    Looks like Endless Conquest has launched eh? I don't qualify for it on my main account because I did a nostalgia resub a couple of months ago, so I'm curious to hear what happens! I'll painfully admit that they had changed so much stuff in sort of odd ways that I couldn't stick with it too long, but by far the #1 motivator in that decision was just lack of population. It was sad to see my beloved janky necromancer transformed into something that summons, err, scorpions for some reason, but I will always love DAoC one way or another.

Fiatil wrote: »
    Looks like Endless Conquest has launched eh? I don't qualify for it on my main account because I did a nostalgia resub a couple of months ago, so I'm curious to hear what happens! I'll painfully admit that they had changed so much stuff in sort of odd ways that I couldn't stick with it too long, but by far the #1 motivator in that decision was just lack of population. It was sad to see my beloved janky necromancer transformed into something that summons, err, scorpions for some reason, but I will always love DAoC one way or another.

lol what the?

Fiatil wrote: »

lol what the?

https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/introducing-new-necromancer

oHw5R0V.jpg
    Of all the things that need fixing and modernizing... why that?

edited November 2019
    It was a while ago when WoW Legion's launch dropped the population down to barely nothing.

They panicked hardcore and redid the whole game, abilities, gameplay, and all. I'm still angered by what they did to revamp it myself.

They repealed a lot of the changes I hated with the latest patch that launches with endless conquest. I'm hoping the population goes up so the game is enjoyable again for daytime players like me.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg