As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Black Friday 2017 and onwards!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Sorry I meant the newer PS4 Pro model that came with the RDR bundle. They were supposed to be quieter. Seemed like ps4 pros were gone, then back now after the RDR bundle.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Sorry I meant the newer PS4 Pro model that came with the RDR bundle. They were supposed to be quieter. Seemed like ps4 pros were gone, then back now after the RDR bundle.

Digital Foundry did a good analysis video, but yeah the newer revision is quieter
    https://youtu.be/ynAr9kP-Xq8

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Playstation is sending out stat emails. If you don't get one, you can get yours here:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2018/wrap-up/

Some of my highlights include:

Top Games:
    1. RDR 2 - 209 hours
    2. Spider-Man - 55 hours
    3. Injustice 2 - 40 hours

929 hours of gameplay total (876 of which was local, 53 was online)

126 trophies earned

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I love these stat dumps! Thanks for the link. :)

110 hours of Nioh - I knew it was a big game, but phew.
    77 hours of Dark Souls Remastered
    60 hours of Assassin's Creed IV.

463 trophies all-told.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    31 hours of Spider-Man
    8 of CoD: Infinite Warfare
    6 of Destiny 2

60 hours total played last year. Most played day, Friday.

Friday is the night that the in-laws take the kid for a sleepover. This pretty much checks out.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Aww, not working outside the US.

Locally it's offering to make me a video about 'My PS4 Life', except it can't right now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I didn't play much of my PS4/Vita over the course of the entire year, but the times I did play of it I put a lot of hours in.

112 hours of Super Robot Wars V
    107 hours of Atelier Escha & Logy
    67 hours of Mary Skelter: Nightmares

(Mary Skelter is surprisingly expensive now, incidentally)

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    82 hours of RDR2
    62 hours of Yakuza 0
    34 hours of Horizon: Zero Dawn

Man RDR2 took its time. Languid feels too energetic a description of it and those 82 hours show it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    101 games
    1185 hours
    531 trophies

Rdr2 - 75 hours
    Gow - 38 hours
    Spider-Man - 32 hours

That hour count has to count Netflix and Hulu and such. I also know that at least 10 hours of that rdr time is me on my phone, holding X, arrived at destination and Arthur waiting for me to finish something I was more interested in than his goddamn too long goddamn travels.

Only 12 hours played online with folks. The rest single player. Yeah, that makes sense.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    11 games
    62 hours
    53 trophies
    Evenings/Saturdays (shocking for having a regular full time job), and only 1 hour online (which is why I let PS+ expire this year).

I don’t think they included any of my time with Spider-Man between Christmas and New Years.

Too bad they don’t tally up all my PC and switch game time as well.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    31 hours of Spider-Man
    8 of CoD: Infinite Warfare
    6 of Destiny 2

60 hours total played last year. Most played day, Friday.

Friday is the night that the in-laws take the kid for a sleepover. This pretty much checks out.

If that 8 hours was playing through the IW campaign, that's a pretty good use of 8 hours. It's my favorite Gundam game that doesn't have giant robots in it.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    35 games played
    Top games were
    Monster Hunter world 234
    Warframe 194
    Witcher 3 144

1741 hours of gameplay
    857 trophies including 19 Platinum.

The platinum count was expected and I had really hoped to hit 24 (2 a month). Maybe this year. That hour count is a lot, but it is not a very representative number. I work nights, so on my nights off all I can really do around the house with my wife and son asleep is either play video games, watch TV/movies or read. So on nights when I work I might only play 30 minutes or an hour before I go to sleep in the morning. But yeah on my nights off I definitely put some serious gaming time in.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I haven't seen mine, but I'm willing to bet it is:
    Monster hunter
    Nier
    Everything else

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hah wow...

154 games played in 2018

Dragon Age: Inquisition - 182 hours
    AC Odyssey - 97 hours
    BLOPS 4 - 77 hours

Top genre was apparently RPGs at 430 hours, 177 trophies, 36 RPGs played

Spent 3352 hours on PS4 in 2018

1001 trophies earned, but only 3 platinums.

Sony says I'm a masterful strategist.

Man, these numbers kind of make me feel bad about myself :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I played 1118 Hours across 64 games

Binding of Isaac - 288 hours
    Diablo 3 - 41 hours
    Assassin's Creed: Origins - 37 Hours

Like 90% of my remaining time is probably Hulu and Netflix.

• Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    371 hours over 38 different games

The Witcher 3 - 77 hours (still playing, should finish in a week or so)
    No Man's Sky - 51 hours (this was all in August I think - I'd love to have time to get back in)
    Horizon Zero Dawn - 33 hours (DLC)

272 trophies

A while back I estimated that I get to play about 10 hours a week. This 371 on my PS4 plus the time I played the Switch (80 into Mario Odyssey, 30 into Mario + Rabbids, and 120 or so into Breath of the Wild) brings me to 601 hours, or 11.55 per week. Seems about right.

Once I finish Witcher 3, I get to start Spiderman, God of War, and RDR2. Those three plus a few smaller games may take me all the way through 2019. My backlog (160 games) is doomed.

PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    My top game was ESO - 335 hours. I haven’t touched it since July :bigfrown:

Bloodborne and Destiny 2 round out the top 3.

This was actually kind of sobering??? I should get out more :)

President Evil on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Hah wow...

154 games played in 2018

That's like 9.2 hours per day, all 365 days of the year.

Do you remember what the sun looks like? :P

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    222 hours of black ops 4
    55 god of war
    54 dark souls 3

1047 hrs total
    560 trophies, 4 platinum

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    1155 hours over 44 games

Assassin's Creed Odyssey at 148 hours
    Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate at 146 hours
    Attack on Titan at 98 hours

35 of my hours were spent in VR, apparently.

723 trophies, 10 of which were Platinums.

And I'm apparently a 'Masterful Adventurer'.

Odyssey didn't feel like 148 hours and WO3U started feeling like 300 hours by the end of it. I'm not even done with WO3U. I'm surprised AoT was my third most played but I did spend a lot of time with it. And I got reaaaally good at it.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Ketar wrote: »
    Hah wow...

154 games played in 2018

That's like 9.2 hours per day, all 365 days of the year.

Do you remember what the sun looks like? :P

That's that one little funny actor guy with the kinda gravelly voice, right? Frank on It's Always Sunny. No wait, that's Danny Devito... Uh, it's like some kind of fruit or something?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    55u3xshqa1ef.png

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    712 hours over 29 games

Spider-Man at 112 hours
    Horizon Zero Dawn (I waited a while to start the Definitive Edition) at 99 hours
    Just Cause 3 at 86 hours

594 Trophies; 9 Platinum

Master Adventurer

• Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    857 hours over 69 games.

Dragon Quest 11 at 132 hours
    Ni no Kuni II at 72 hours
    Dragon Age Inquisition at 66 hours

395 trophies with 5 platinum.

Masterful Strategist.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    860 hours over 24 games:

695 Destiny 2
    66 God of War
    35 Overwatch

A decent chunk of that D2 time was idling, but still, wow.

ronzo on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    116 Hours

52 Bloodborne
    47 God of War
    8 Batman The TellTale Series

I still need to go back to playing RDR2 but good lord the animations can be a torture to do anything.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    7007 hours all locally. 44 games played.

Minecraft 331 hours. I knew my wife like that game but damn.
    GTA 5 29 hours
    Rayman Legends 19 hours

Master Adventurer. It said the longest playtime was 24 hours straight.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    You guys reminded me that I had stats to look at.

Holy shit, I played Destiny 2 for 908 hours?! Even more surprising is that I somehow fit 442 hours of Monster Hunter World in there, too. And 88 hours of Bloodborne was a "break" from both of them. Wow.

Edit: wait, something's fishy here. There is literally no way that I played 908 hours of Destiny 2 when it then tells me my top game played online was Destiny 2 at 315 hours. I don't know what to believe anymore, but I believe I played a lot of it regardless.

Fawst on
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    you probably just left your ps4 on a lot on the title screen or something.

mine was like
    180 monster hunter
    75 fallout 76
    50 fallout shelter

that all pretty much makes sense because i played a TON of monster hunter when it came out and off/on every now and then. then me and my wife played fo76, and she apparently played the shit out of fallout shelter as well, because i played that for maybe 2 hours.

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »

Holy shit, I played Destiny 2 for 908 hours?! Even more surprising is that I somehow fit 442 hours of Monster Hunter World in there, too. And 88 hours of Bloodborne was a "break" from both of them. Wow.

Edit: wait, something's fishy here. There is literally no way that I played 908 hours of Destiny 2 when it then tells me my top game played online was Destiny 2 at 315 hours. I don't know what to believe anymore, but I believe I played a lot of it regardless.

593 hours in orbit :P

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I hate looking at these things. Especially time played on an MMO. You look at the numbers and think "Wow... I could have been a fuckin' doctor by now".

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »

593 hours in orbit :P

Or loading ;)

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Looks like I picked the wrong month to move out of the US. I'll never know how much time I wasted spent playing Destiny :?

26904.png
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Looks like I picked the wrong month to move out of the US. I'll never know how much time I wasted spent playing Destiny :?
    Try this with your US account?

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    Try this with your US account?
    Also, specific to Destiny, there’s this:
    https://chrisfried.github.io/secret-scrublandeux/

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    That playstation link puts me in an endless login loop. It asks for my password, does the 2FA, pops up what looks like a webpage and then *blink* asks for my password.... I only went through the loop six times before I realized I was getting nowhere.

The github site, on the other hand, works. I'm surprised how low my activity in Destiny actually was. Does it track from all platforms?

EDIT: and I guess whinging worked in this case because I just received the email today at 11:08 am (4:08 pm Tuesday for the US west coast)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    Well this is clever. Scummy, but still pretty clever. Dude shouldn't have gotten greedy, though.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I guess it makes sense why consoles are usually locked up and then directly guided to the register in America.

Karoz on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The seems craziest to me is that he didn't even show up to court and got off pretty easy. But then, my POV is skewed by living in a country whose justice system is used to prop up a private prison industry.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    My playstation plus is now expired. A little depressing but it's not really a necessity for me since i don't play online or use the free games anyway. Might pick it up in a couple months when i can spend on such luxuries.