As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    FFXII event, and with it, a FFXII banner. I have 200+ mythril and Penelo's my main white mage. I figure one pull won't much hurt me.

3/11; one disco.

Penelo LMR (dupe). Ashe Glint (also a dupe).

Penelo USB! The one I wanted! Major Medica, remove delay from the entire party's actions for one turn, and dance abilities can trigger a follow-up minor Medica effect, and when mastered it's another 10 MND for her (would put her at 528 total).

I'd say that was worth a pull right there. I don't really plan on doing much more pulling off these banners; I got what I wanted.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Javen is your RW supposed to fantasy unbound?

Probably. It is by far my favorite soul break

Ah. Its pretty fun. Just took it seeing tyro and expected Godwall heh. Not quite the effect I was hoping for!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I got Reks’ USB on the 100 gem. How much success have people had with radiant shield on Torments?

Reks USB is a key part of my Famfrit clear. It’s a really good tool. If you have Prompto’s chain it might be less valuable, but with Kain’s chain it is top notch.

I expect it will also do well on the torment, but as you can imagine it depends on the other XII stuff you’ve got.

rattletrap on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Did some more Torment backlog stuff.

XV 280 is down thanks to Elarra healing much better than Iris. Damage wasn't an issue - with the realm chain and Ignis BSB, Noctis was getting 9k on his chase hits.

XIII was the hard one. Dahaka is ridiculously overtuned, to the point where it took me multiple attempts and an off-realm healer just to beat the 240! For the 280, I had to go through and set up individual resistance accessories by slot and used Fires Within/Curaja/Dire Heal/Curada/Enkidu just to keep up with the healing, and Hope still died when Raines couldn't get the Magic Breakdown off in time. I really don't see how the D??? is even going to be possible for me.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF12 -1 100 gems: 3* blah

Data for posterity:
    2 misses in a row

39/358 lifetime

1/8 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is "just kill yourself" levels of bad RNG. Fuck me forever)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!).

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I have 5162 Giant Adamantite. This seems excessive.
    I'm generally happy that it no longer takes up 5,162 inventory spaces though.

edit: Daily Disco Lion USB. Moderate 5 break. Could be good I guess?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I mean fielding a FFXI realm team for the eventual Torment is gonna be interesting.

EDIT: thinking about it. How successful have you guys been doing off realm teams on D280?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited January 2019
    Man looking at this FF12 Banner it isn't that bad. I'm still lacking in the Darkness Department and Gabranth is basically Dark Gladio. Also more Ashe Tech is good. And I don't have a FF12 healer yet. And maybe Radient Shield Rekks. Hmmm.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I have 5162 Giant Adamantite. This seems excessive.
    I'm generally happy that it no longer takes up 5,162 inventory spaces though.

edit: Daily Disco Lion USB. Moderate 5 break. Could be good I guess?

It’s nice for content where breaks work (which is more relevant lately, with stuff like new torments and infernal multiplayer). That it hits instantly and gives her 2 instant turns after that is none too shabby either.

Plus, native 6-star dagger is nice for everyone.

Enlong on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I mean fielding a FFXI realm team for the eventual Torment is gonna be interesting.

EDIT: thinking about it. How successful have you guys been doing off realm teams on D280?

We skipped a FF11 event that Japan got, which would have populated our FF11 Lucky Draws as well, so Global is severely behind in FF11 access for relics. There will be a companion banner when the FF11 event comes out, that's basically your only chance to beat it.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Lion USB is pretty decent vs omni-resist bosses (Lion can carry Thief's Revenge). And I am sure it'll be handy for the Torment.

I don't think I've ever pulled on an XI event banner, aside from like one shot at the event where Shantotto's chain debuted. And yet I think I can field a team that is all equipped with 6* synergy weapons, which is better than I can do in most realms that I actually care about. Realms on Parade is funny like that. That torment will definitely be interesting.

Fry wrote: »
    Lion USB is pretty decent vs omni-resist bosses (Lion can carry Thief's Revenge). And I am sure it'll be handy for the Torment.

I don't think I've ever pulled on an XI event banner, aside from like one shot at the event where Shantotto's chain debuted. And yet I think I can field a team that is all equipped with 6* synergy weapons, which is better than I can do in most realms that I actually care about. Realms on Parade is funny like that. That torment will definitely be interesting.

I pulled a few times for Ayame BSB, and have collected most of the other stuff through Realms on Parade. The problem is it's all old tech, and even if someone had every FF11 item released to date, it might not be enough.

On top of everything, the boss has the same Palings as the FF12 Torment, so you need a mixed team.

edited January 2019
    Man there's gotta be a faster way to get Magicites from 80 to 99...there's a bunch of inheritance and capping I never did that's biting me in the ass right now.

lionheart_m on
    edited January 2019
    Festival tickets or arcana.
    Soon the chocobo shop will sell arcana, but you probably shouldn't buy it.
    If you are leveling them manually just put the one you need solo as exp is shared.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Man there's gotta be a faster way to get Magicites from 80 to 99...there's a bunch of inheritance and capping I never did that's biting me in the ass right now.

Same. All these Defense Rage Magicites (which is like all of them these days) make me realize that raw Magicite stats are way more important than I thought.

btw...if Sora comes back next week it'd be nice if they added a wardrobe record with his newer outfits.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    If we get a KH event, I imagine I'll pull on that banner at least once. I don't have any of the KH characters and it'll fill a realm I need and give me new characters to work on.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    I wouldn’t mind Riku’s Spirit costume, KH2 outfit, or black cloak.

The most stamina-efficient way to level up magicites is...grind more magicite battles for Arcana. Sub-30 a 4* battle gives you just slightly less arcana value than Sub-60 a 5* battle. If you can Sub-30 a 5* battle, that gives you ~50% more arcana value per run. Side benefit of doing this is it generates fodder for magicite stat inheritance, which becomes very valuable when you're trying to win 5* fights with less than perfect SBs.

Of course, there's also your own time/sanity to consider. Sunday XP dungeon (or any day XP dungeon, for that matter) are better on that front.

edited January 2019
    By the way, I'm looking at the upcoming FFT banner and guys what would you recommend if I still haven't cleared FFT D280 and I would love to boost my Holy Damage for farming Hades. Banner 1 with Delita and Ramza Chain or Banner 2 with TGC, Marche, Agrias and Ramza? Bonus points: I already have Ovelia's healing BSB.

lionheart_m on
    edited January 2019
    I'd recommend not putting too much mythril into D280 fights at this point when AASBs are close.

If it comes there will likely be maintenance no? Depending on the quality of the AASBs I might pull on a KH banner.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

By the way, I'm looking at the upcoming FFT banner and guys what would you recommend if I still haven't cleared FFT D280 and I would love to boost my Holy Damage for farming Hades. Banner 1 with Delita and Ramza Chain or Banner 2 with TGC, Marche, Agrias and Ramza? Bonus points: I already have Ovelia's healing BSB.

Banner 2 for that event is literally everything you need for the Torment.

That said, if it doesn't bother you waiting a few months, the Tactics event after this one will have Orlandeau's Awakening Soul Break, which would let him single-handedly clear the Torment, and be extremely valuable for you in a lot of other content.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Finally cleared all the 3* magicite dungeons. Golem was my big hangup. Once I cleared him, Ice, Holy and Dark fell in short order.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I still want Orlandeau's USB even knowing AASBs are around the corner, so I'm probably going to be dumb and pull on the Tactics banner 2. Bonus that all the other USBs (minus Ovelia) are also desired and also that Tactics is my favorite game so there's a bit of preferential bias on my part.

I also kind of want a shot at the next XI banner just because, but I really really shouldn't do either and just save save save.

Either way I probably get bad luck now and when AASBs are out so, meh whatever.

Bad luck is greatly reduced by pulling 10-20 times. Sometimes you get lucky and it doesn't take that long.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited January 2019
    I think the worst thing about the Syldra fight is Savage Thunderbolt. It’s non-elemental gravity damage that can’t be resisted and does 75% max HP damage. There’s no way to reduce its damage, and it’s deadly when paired with literally anything else she can do except Maelstrom, whether it happens before or after.

The second worst thing is Savage Thunderstorm, for being massive electric damage in a fight where I can’t afford anything more than Minor lightning resist.

Edit:

Haha, I’m starting to think that I’d be better off using Rinoa for my chain vs Syldra, instead of Snow. Rinoa can use Dispel, and her chain does a party wide speed buff instead of stocked HP. One issue is that she doesn’t have anything to use excess meter on, if she gets ahead of chain refreshes. If only she had a soul break that did Imperil Ice.

...there’s no way that her Brave Ultra would be able to break Syldra’s rage after High Stakes, right? Particularly not without any form of MAG buff?

Edit: haha nope. Rank 2 did like 7k OUT of rage.

Enlong on
    That’s still pretty good for 1/3 damage

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Fair point. I wonder what it would look like if I were to use Fabula Raider as my RW and did a rank 3 hit. Ideally, I would only need her to score a rage break one time. That would necessitate Tyro with U3 in stead of Ramza, but that might be a good thing; it would let me use my healer for the occasional Dispel, and allow Rinoa to carry Odin for a tiny bit of defense breakage.

It’s worth an experiment, at least.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I got off my ass and did a thing

rh7ph59kvt12.png
    ixpfi5m7xt56.png

SBs used:

Elarra USB
    Edea USB
    Shelke entrustSB
    Palom USB
    Rinoa CSB/USB1/ASB

Ha HAA! Fuck you, Yunalesca!

Beat the X 280 in 29.98, with everyone except Auron down and him one Sap tick away from death!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Just realized that 10 dollar coupon Ive been sitting on would require a Leviathan pack to apply because the 3100 gem one us under 30 bucks.

That's a HARD sell

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The newest 260 CM is absolutely no fun. The regular fight is probably similar bullshit

The newest 260 CM is absolutely no fun. The regular fight is probably similar bullshit

It was a long slog, but it honestly wasn't ever dangerous. Cid's and Famfrit's stats aren't particularly high, and you save a bunch of slots since everything's piercing (which also means you can RW Cloud USB1). Cid's resistances aren't extremely tough, either - Balthier was still doing 36k a turn with Burning Snipe and 20% imperil, while Vaan was doing 25k with Heat Bite. Hell, Vaan and Balthier were hitting Cid for more damage using their fire abilities than Basch was using Healing Smite!

yaaaaay d280 FF12 Torment Down! And I did FFT d280 at 32 secs with my current gear. I bet if I LDed Marche and crafted a Healing Smite I could get him to sub 30 easily.

Ok! Only got FF3, T0, 4 and FF14 d280 to go. Shit I should've pulled on that FF14 banner.

edited January 2019
    Darklyre wrote: »

It was a long slog, but it honestly wasn't ever dangerous. Cid's and Famfrit's stats aren't particularly high, and you save a bunch of slots since everything's piercing (which also means you can RW Cloud USB1). Cid's resistances aren't extremely tough, either - Balthier was still doing 36k a turn with Burning Snipe and 20% imperil, while Vaan was doing 25k with Heat Bite. Hell, Vaan and Balthier were hitting Cid for more damage using their fire abilities than Basch was using Healing Smite!

Doctor Cid appears to only be 20 percent resistant to fire, once I got three imperils on him my further attacks started coming up as vulnerable. I put Vayne to work as a monk, lol. Ashe got nuked for 91999 at the end, ouch.

Edit: oh yeah, annoyingly, even though Cid's HP bar disappears, attacks will still auto target to him. Lost a whole round of attacks to that. :/

Fry on
    edited January 2019
    Felt like pulling on the XII banner. So I did.

Got Gabranth's Brave Ultra. Dark-focused one that grants him Endark, has an Overstrike Brave attack, and temporarily makes Heavy Charge be granted to him 2 stacks at a time. Pretty much makes Gabranth into an Overstrike machine, with the Brave attack and the Dark Press attack that'll come out when the Dark/Holy magicites do. Not a bad piece of kit, and while I'm not convinced that it's better than Sice or Riku in general terms, he's definitely going to be my choice of partner for Sephiroth (or even possibly my only DPS?) when the Holy magicites need killing.

edit:

That said, I'll need to beat Syldra before I can even get to the Holy magicites, so I'll need to save up some mythril so I can take a shot at that VIII banner later in the month.

Enlong on
    edited January 2019
    Heh.

I fought Siren to test out Gabranth, and sent out Sephiroth to go along with him.

Sephiroth’s Arcane combined with his U2 (for break limit Dark) is hilarious. Gabranth is also really nice.

Enlong on
    The D 70 in XII event is long range. Don't be like me and have to wait for two summons of shell dragon to kill it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Wait the earth draw is a half-priced lucky? Hmm. Is it worth pulling on with 5 dupes just to try for the chain?

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    Since the Earth Banner is half price and I still don't have an Earth Chain, I pulled. Probably last pull before Anniversary :)

3/11 1 disco - could use any of them really

Cinque LMR (have her bsb)
    Ingus BSB2 (dupe)
    Maria ASB (woo 6* earth armor and I have her USB/LMR already)

No Chain still but Maria ASB for 25 mythril is worth it. Now to save for Terra/Bartz and Chain banners or whatever variations we end up with in Global.

This discussion has been closed.