As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I need about 70 more Mission shards and i'm ready. been doing crystal refreshes but not getting a ton of luck with the last few.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Hit a new personal best last night in Arena. Rank 17.

I've stopped using Bastila/Jedi and using CLS/Chewie/Han/3PO/R2 instead. This team has allowed me to climb higher than my Jedi ever did, even when Jedi were still competitive. Which they aren't now.

Is your 3PO 7* or less? have you only zeta 3PO "oh my goodness" or did you zeta both?

I only have 3PO at 4 stars right now, but wondering if I should switch my nightsister team for this one.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Guibs wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Hit a new personal best last night in Arena. Rank 17.

I've stopped using Bastila/Jedi and using CLS/Chewie/Han/3PO/R2 instead. This team has allowed me to climb higher than my Jedi ever did, even when Jedi were still competitive. Which they aren't now.

Is your 3PO 7* or less? have you only zeta 3PO "oh my goodness" or did you zeta both?

I only have 3PO at 4 stars right now, but wondering if I should switch my nightsister team for this one.

My 3PO is 7 stars, currently only have 1 zeta, "Oh my goodness". Saving for his other at the moment. He is G11, and 3/6 towards G12. He also has like 125% potency. I can stick his debuff on almost anybody.

Everyone else on my team is G12 and maxed on zetas.

Lucascraft on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I really should change up my arena team, but I'm not sure what to. Whatever I use, I'll be replacing top tier fully zeta'd gear 12 characters with lesser versions, even if it's more within the meta.

Maybe once I get Revan and gear him a little I can justify swapping to Jedi. I'm aware that the era of Bastilla has come and gone for many shards, but my current Resistance+Luke And Special Guest Star Thrawn now needs to fight even more to stay in the top 200, let alone dipping into the top 100 now and then as I was for a while.

Bastilla is G11 (but needs a few obnoxious pieces for 12), Yoda and Hyoda are G12 and pretty tricked out, as is General Kenobi. Ezra is 11, I think, but also needs work. Getting Revan would remove working on one of those, but also starts me from scratch on working on one of them.

Obviously not all shards are the same, and the recent spike in competition makes me think maybe my (very old) shard might have been merged with another (or I'm just falling so far behind in the meta it's now easy pickings), but no matter what it feels like by the time I catch up the meta will have moved on anyways.

Meh.

Edit: here's my account in case anyone is bored enough to want to pick through and make suggestions. My top 50 is, at a glance, mostly Revan lead, Luke, and Sith (Traya with a few Palpatines), not that I expect to get into the top 50, not nearly enough of a whale for this old a shard, but regularly paying out in the top 100 again would be nice. I'd been working towards Jedi for a while, but have been poking at Sith as well. I'm still 40 shards from Traya even being 7 stars, however, but I have loaded both of their zetas already.

Rebels would let me put some geared characters to work again, but C3P0 is only 5 stars, and Chewie is only gear 10 (though 11 is within reach).

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I really should change up my arena team, but I'm not sure what to. Whatever I use, I'll be replacing top tier fully zeta'd gear 12 characters with lesser versions, even if it's more within the meta.

Maybe once I get Revan and gear him a little I can justify swapping to Jedi. I'm aware that the era of Bastilla has come and gone for many shards, but my current Resistance+Luke And Special Guest Star Thrawn now needs to fight even more to stay in the top 200, let alone dipping into the top 100 now and then as I was for a while.

Bastilla is G11 (but needs a few obnoxious pieces for 12), Yoda and Hyoda are G12 and pretty tricked out, as is General Kenobi. Ezra is 11, I think, but also needs work. Getting Revan would remove working on one of those, but also starts me from scratch on working on one of them.

Obviously not all shards are the same, and the recent spike in competition makes me think maybe my (very old) shard might have been merged with another (or I'm just falling so far behind in the meta it's now easy pickings), but no matter what it feels like by the time I catch up the meta will have moved on anyways.

Meh.

Edit: here's my account in case anyone is bored enough to want to pick through and make suggestions. My top 50 is, at a glance, mostly Revan lead, Luke, and Sith (Traya with a few Palpatines), not that I expect to get into the top 50, not nearly enough of a whale for this old a shard, but regularly paying out in the top 100 again would be nice. I'd been working towards Jedi for a while, but have been poking at Sith as well. I'm still 40 shards from Traya even being 7 stars, however, but I have loaded both of their zetas already.

Rebels would let me put some geared characters to work again, but C3P0 is only 5 stars, and Chewie is only gear 10 (though 11 is within reach).
    You could go for a CLS/Han/Chewy/R2/3PO team. I've seen people pretty high up using sub 7 star 3POs. 3PO can stealth and R2 and add to that. It would probably take a lot of time since she is only 3 Stars but Nest can replace 3PO in certain cases. I swap 3PO out with her when I'm going against a 3PO team.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I have a 6 star 3po.

I run JTR, bb8, Chewie, 3po, r2

I'm in the top 100.

Might give a CLS squad a try and see how that goes

I think I'm going to just miss unlocking the falcon.

Slave 1 is 7*, the rest 4. Not sure if I can hit 5* on everyone before the event ends.

That's, what, 150 (or less) shards in a week? 20 a day? Seems ambitious, but depending on your crystal stores and luck, it might be possible depending on how energy hungry those ships are.

I'd need... uh, 210'ish shards. No fucking way. Guess I'll get it on the next go around. I just barely finished my Old Republic characters off (because I'm not missing Revan the next time he rolls around, even if it's not for another month or two, though I suspect sooner rather than later), so I suppose those 3 ships will become the new farming project. I'd already been working on Jango/Hound's Tooth, time to add the other 2 into the cycle.

*checks* Hrm, 16 energy for one, and 20 for the other? Not bad, though a little annoying that they're both on Energy. One being on a Cantina or Ship node would have been appreciated, that'll make working on all 3 kind of a pain in the ass. Ugh, somewhere around 950 shards to 7 star it?

gg GOH, I guess I know what the next 6 months will be spent farming up.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Hmm...7, 5, and 2 0/30s. Not happening this time. I guess I could start XB and IG, since the OR farms are Cantina now...

I need 121shards. Have about 1100 crystals banked.

Probably won't get there, but gonna try.

I’ve got a guildmate who finished the Falcon.

I am very thankful that he’s slumming it in a 60m GP guild.

Now that i'm finished with the Old Republic farming, i'm working on Pao, Nest, Wicket, and now the BH ships. Gonna be awhile but at least there aren't any legendary characters coming up...though I bet Darkside Revan is coming and then eventually Malek.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    I might be able to unlock the falcon. I have Hounds tooth and slave 1 at 7*. just got my Xanadu blood to 5 * and my IG-2000 is at 4*, working toward 5*. Might be able to make it and bring my IG-2000 to 5* just in time before the event closes.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'm not even close. Need all the BH ships.

God speed, duders.

Mission accomplished.

Just need...140 shards for T3...ugh.

Mission accomplished.

T3's node is a lower cost so it'll move a little faster, especially with crystal refreshes.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Mission accomplished.

T3's node is a lower cost so it'll move a little faster, especially with crystal refreshes.

Yeah, that was part of my reasoning. Also that Mission’s node has a reputation for being stingy. Figured I’d knock her out first.

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    I’m wrapping up t3 first, figured I could supplement mission’s node with crystal purchases as needed. Hoping I have enough time before revan comes back!

My guild is starting to earn Traya shards so I want to work on a Sith team. Any recommendations on characters?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Nihilus, Sion, Vader, Palps, Traya is the standard I think.

I need 69 total shards to 5* the falcon.

mcp wrote: »
    Nihilus, Sion, Vader, Palps, Traya is the standard I think.

I need 69 total shards to 5* the falcon.

Nice.

ZFinn, CLS, Raid Han, Chewy, 3po is a solid arena team.

Once the turn meter train gets rolling it's nutso

To follow up on my arena ponderings from a week or so ago, I decided to give Luke/RaidHan/R2/Chewie/Thrawn a shot, and so far it's keeping me in the top 100 a lot more easily, and I've spiked into the top 50 (but not for payout yet), so at least that's going better for the time being. It helped that I was basically just shuffling BB8 and JTRey out, and had the mods on hand to justify minimal swapping around so those two are still near peak performance for Heroic Sith without loadout shenanigans.

C3P0 and Nest were good suggestions, but so far this is working out really well. I just put gear piece 5 on Luke the other day, and will put the 5th on R2 shortly. Thrawn was already there, but both Han and Chewie are going to need to wait a while, as I'm nowhere near either of their piece 4 or 5.

I don't regret putting the effort into Jedi, if nothing else Bastilla will hopefully carry me to Revan when he returns, and now Jedi are a fairly rock solid team in light side TB and for the right TW matchup. 21 more Traya shards to go and she be at 7*, so that's a very long term project coming along nicely (5 pieces from gear 12 at that, already Zeta'd). So I guess the current projects are Ewoks for 3P0's last two stars, Bounty Hunter ships for the new Falcon, and keeping an eye on the Old Republic folks in case I'm not actually geared enough with them (I think I am, but I'm not getting left behind on this second go around).

I'm at g11 on Bindo, and Bastila, 1 piece away from g12 on each. G8-9 on everyone else. I don't think Revan takes more than that.

It's gonna burn all my zetas away to load up Revan and Bindo though.

Need 1 for wicket too. I figure I've already zeta'd Chirpa and Paploo, might as well just build a bad ass ewok team.

mcp wrote: »
    ZFinn, CLS, Raid Han, Chewy, 3po is a solid arena team.

Once the turn meter train gets rolling it's nutso
    I just rolled a decent traya squad with this team.

They didn't get a turn, and all my guys had 1 health at the end due to Traya's zeta.

Some people have already had the weekly shop refresh.

It’s the OR characters.

Probably a good indication that we’re a week or 2 away from JK Revan...

So ready. Just g12'd Bindo

I'm gonna miss him again, but I knew that ahead of time. I have put minimal effort into farming for OR characters.

I've decided to take a break from chasing new metas and just build some teams up on my roster. As an example, my Rogue One team is garbage. One of my short term plans is to build them up strong enough that I can complete the TB missions where they are required.

Another short term goal is to build up a First Order team that I can use as a strong defensive option in TW and GA.

So I'm not much investing effort into the OT Falcon or into JK Revan. Not right now. I'll pick them up later.

Revan is back Jan 31st!

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    Dammit. I'm only at 26/85 with Mission. Looks like I miss out on Revan again. I'll be ready next time.

steam_sig.png
    Fuck. That’s a week too soon. I need like 80 T3 shards.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Doesn't it run for a week or 10 days?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, but I’d rather be closer since I’ll be less likely to panic.

Edit...down to 75 now, but I paid too high a price for those 5 shards. Need to get some good drop rates over the weekend.

Doctor Detroit on
  • ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    Just finished my Old Republic team. Glad I concentrated on them now.

Under 50 T3 shards left. Should be fine...

Now to magically increase my free gear and ability mats...

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    In theory Yoda and palpatine should be showing up sometime around next month. My phoenix is ready for palpatine but I'm trying to figure out what to do do for Yoda.

I have ezra, Kanan, old ben all at 7s. I'm actively farming bastilla and Jolee for Kotor but I don't think they'll be there. My bastilla is almost at 5*, but Jolee is only 3*. There's a chance my natural bastilla farm will get there on time but I don't expect to have a 5th Jedi.

I finished zeb and Biggs in GW store. I'm thinking I might be able to focus on luminara from there because it's a fast store and I already have her at 3* so it's like ~2 weeks to 7 her. Would that be the best option?

Buddy of mine unlocked the Falcon at 5 stars. He has jumped from rank 200+ in arena to top 30 just by owning that one ship at 5 stars.

It is completely game breaking and meta-defining in the ship arena.

I'm saving a bunch of gear and zetas to trick out my Revan team.

Logging in and seeing all those green +'s tests my will power

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I should hit level 83 either tomorrow or the day after, but my Phoenix is ready to max out Palpatine and Thrawn. I'm working on other Jedi for Yoda, but I dunno if I'll get him ready. After Yoda it will be CLS farming for me. It just sucks missing out on all of these other events. I felt bad not being able to get BB8, or Rey, or the OG Falcon, etc... Playing this game is like, "look at all these amazing characters that you want but can't get that are very rarely offered" every single month. Blargh.

KoopahTroopah on
    Make a plan. Stick to it. That’s the only way to stay sane with this game.

For me, it’s get Revan. Then it’s Ewoks for Goldenrod. Then it’ll be BH ships.

There is some overlap there. And I’m also grabbing Dengar shards when I can, because I need to finish Chewie.

When I’ve got some free energy I throw it to Hot Topic Bastila.