As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Reveal stream live now! Expansion drops April 9th!

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Spellstone based Hunter decks really fall apart when both your Spellstones are in the bottom 20% of your deck.

I'm still mad the Hunter stone is fully upgraded with 2 cards while the Rogue stone needs 6 cards.

The spellstones are either OP due to effect/ease of completing, or completely unless because the requirements are insane.

I’ll be super happy to see warlock, hunter, and druid stones go. Way, way too easy to activate while just playing like normal, and they cover the classes supposed weak spot too well

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Rules Book

Says you need top 100 finish for this month.

Aren't there only like 50 wild players?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Since they announced the open there's like 400 legend players atm instead of the usual ~150 there would be at this point in the month, including a bunch of good people that don't usually play Wild (like Strifecro).
    It's actually rather nice because all the new blood has resulted in way more variety. Top 50 would probably be a better choice than top 100 though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Spellstone based Hunter decks really fall apart when both your Spellstones are in the bottom 20% of your deck.

I'm still mad the Hunter stone is fully upgraded with 2 cards while the Rogue stone needs 6 cards.

The spellstones are either OP due to effect/ease of completing, or completely unless because the requirements are insane.

I’ll be super happy to see warlock, hunter, and druid stones go. Way, way too easy to activate while just playing like normal, and they cover the classes supposed weak spot too well
    Another factor is how good the spellstones are in their worst case, unupgraded scenario.

Warlock: Still removal (for small but potent threats such as, say Flappy Bird) + a little healing.
    Hunter: Still 5 mana for two 3/3 beasts, which would be just about playable even as a normal card.
    Druid: Still your standard 1-mana 2 damage Holy Smite/Arcane Shot removal (minus being able to go face), not horrible in a pinch.
    Priest: Can still summon 2 big bois, or get your Lyra back, etc.

Contrast those with:

Mage: 2 mana for a random spell, worse than the already trash replacement Classic common they got.
    Rogue: Worse Assassinate, which is already unplayable.
    Shaman: Much, much worse Faceless Manipulator.
    Warrior: 7 mana 5/5, horrible.
    Paladin: Frostwolf Grunt.

I don't think it's purely coincidence that the ones that see regular play still have nominal value even when forced to be played unupgraded.

• Options
    Ey, got there eventually:

Qab4a8j.jpg

After playing like 200 games at Rank 1 and then getting farmed by Priests down to Rank 3 I swapped to Kingsbane and cleaned up in 50 games. Moral of the story is that I should play aggro because it's all I know.
    I tried some other stuff like Evenlock and Dragon Priest but it wasn't working well for me.

Kingsbane List (credit to DerpyTroller)
    AAEBAYO6AgTIA5G8ArvvAuf6Ag3LA80D1AXuBogHhgn7D68QmxW5vwKxzgLl0QLVjAMA.png

Kingsbane Stats
    AAnpxnD.png?1

Renolock List (Moved some of the tech cards around a bunch but this was my most common one)
    AAEBAfqUAx6KAdsGkge2B8wI+QzZDf4NgQ6ODsIP9Q+tEMMWhRfYuwKbwgLfxALTxQKPxwLnywLFzAKuzQL3zQLy0AKX0wLo5wLD6gKc+AKggAMAAA==.png

Renolock Stats
    7FWIZYZ.png

Highlight of the climb was this poorly timed screenshot of my 7 attack Kingsbane on Turn 2:
    I0YeGnq.jpg

• Options
    Token Druid is still fun to play, even if it is gimped compared to its prior form. It's quite draw order dependent, but it feels so good when you get to just keep crapping out wide boards, and eventually you get a turn where your opponent can't clear it and then you just buff up damage and SMOrc out of nowhere for the win. Getting a Savage Roar out of a Dendrologist for lethal is also sweet.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Token Druid is still fun to play, even if it is gimped compared to its prior form. It's quite draw order dependent, but it feels so good when you get to just keep crapping out wide boards, and eventually you get a turn where your opponent can't clear it and then you just buff up damage and SMOrc out of nowhere for the win. Getting a Savage Roar out of a Dendrologist for lethal is also sweet.

I tossed together a weirdass Even Token Druid with the two minions that spawn goblin bombs because I had a quest to play 30 Druid cards. It’s 3-1 so far, I think largely because my opponents have had no idea what I was trying to do

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I just played a Druid in standard that used Auctioneer to draw through his entire deck in two turns with 0 and 1 costs spells. And then proceeded to do nothing? I'm not sure what that was about.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I just played a Druid in standard that used Auctioneer to draw through his entire deck in two turns with 0 and 1 costs spells. And then proceeded to do nothing? I'm not sure what that was about.

Presumably mechathun or togwaggle that fizzled out for some reason.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Like @Neaden said, probably a Mecha'Thun or Togwaggle w/corrupted Blood or something. Interesting that nothing happened though, did they burn some key cards?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I didn't see a toggwaggle or mechathun get burned.

It was probably mechathun, though. For some reason I thought mecathun had rotated out of standard which is what caused my confusion

ObiFett on
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Maybe they used their innervates and bio projects and couldn't play Cthun and then kill him.

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

I tossed together a weirdass Even Token Druid with the two minions that spawn goblin bombs because I had a quest to play 30 Druid cards. It’s 3-1 so far, I think largely because my opponents have had no idea what I was trying to do
    Sounds fun. I'm just playing a Treant token druid with 2 Living Mana since I only have one Arcane Tyrant.

• Options
    I didn't see a toggwaggle or mechathun get burned.

It was probably mechathun, though. For some reason I thought mecathun had rotated out of standard which is what caused my confusion
    Nah, Mecha'thun was just added in Boomsday. He'll be around until 2020.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sounds like he had a druid cards quest

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Man, I love Hakkar. Especially in my Big Warrior deck,

Playing against Odd Warrior, they got up to 90 armour. 120 total life. But I had a strategy: answer their threats, play none of my own, build up my hand size. I used a few Charging Devilsaurs defensively, but never tried to apply pressure. With a half dozen cards left in my deck, I drew Dead Man’s Hand, and brought my deck up to double digits. While they had one card left in their deck, I dropped Hakkar. The Odd Warrior used their silence on it. I dropped another one. I sacrificed it into an enemy minion, and their deck was all Blood. I dropped a Lich King the next turn, with the strategy of “keep ten cards in hand until I burn my own Blood.” Meanwhile, my opponent was facing more and more corrupted Blood every turn. A few turns later, I burned my own Blood, and my opponent realised how the game was going to end.

And then playing against OTK Paladin, it turns out that burning your deck down to nothing isn’t necessarily the best strategy when your opponent has Hakkar. Also, Time Out wears off when your turn starts. Who knew?

Hakkar is just such a great punishment for all of the decks that want to draw their deck and combo you or that rely on “you can’t kill me, and you will eventually die, somehow” as a win condition. It’s far and away my favourite Rumble card. I’ll like it more when Togwaggle rotates out.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Rules Book

Bringing back the old ones...
    *snip*

I'm now at 83.

I've never cared about what my finish looked like so I have no idea where I need to be to be safe when everyone is fighting for top spots on the last night. I think like sub 50?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Rules Book

Bringing back the old ones...
    *snip*

I'm now at 83.

I've never cared about what my finish looked like so I have no idea where I need to be to be safe when everyone is fighting for top spots on the last night. I think like sub 50?

Why stop there. Go for #1 like we all know you are!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I'm not on the level of people like GetMeowth or Awedragon. We'll see how well I can do when it's the end of the season and everyone is cramming.

Wild VS Report #15

Only thing I'm surprised by is Secret Hunter being top of T2 and not like middle T3.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/wild-drr/wild-matchup-winrates/

It's funny how the data holes being concentrated on the alphabetically earlier classes means the entire top left quarter of the chart is empty.

forty on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Watching 2019 HCT Americas Winter Playoffs, and Nalguidan just coined to try to play an 11 Mana freezing trapped Malygos...

forty on
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    That's so next level, the developers haven't even coded it yet.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Ike did it hell yeah!!

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Didn't get my "Your Month in Hearthstone" email for December until January 17. Slackers!
    Astounding! You had a win streak of 14 games in Ranked - Wild!
    Wow. That's especially shocking since I'm generally taking subpar decks into Wild just to complete quests.

forty on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    And yet another Priest dungeon run dies turn 1 to the final boss. Put together as much of a C'thun deck as I could given that half of my picks after the first didn't offer me any C'thun options. And then of course I get matched up against Vustrasz, which is pretty much a perfect counter to C'thun. Fucking absurdly ridiculous. He even ended up milling one of my two C'Thuns, just to add bullshit to injury.

Also, what is it about the final round invariably forcing a dogshit mulligan + starting hand on me every god damn time?

forty on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    A lock was running the burn your opponent's cards deck with Howlfiend and Treachery. He gives me Howlfiend and makes me discard a couple of cards but when I have 4 minions out he drops MCT. He didn't get Howlfiend but still.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Oh man, like a lore pets of Hearthstone Characters would be a seller for me.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

This game is going to the dogs.
    I can't also help from thinking of the guy from Scrooged who tells Bill Murray's character that cats are the future of TV.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I can see it now...

6h06a3zl29wq.png
    8l03wi52u40b.png

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    casts when drawwwwn

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Harley is overcosted. 1 star. Not a good boy.

forty on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Please note that Bury is a new keyword, which reads: "Shuffle the card into your deck. This card will not be drawn this game because you forgot where you buried it."

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Please note that Bury is a new keyword, which reads: "Shuffle the card into your deck. This card will not be drawn this game because you forgot where you buried it."

this makes me think of a mechanic that places a card into your Discover pool, which might be interesting, though i suspect it would have a relatively constricted design space given it needs both enough cards to "bury" and enough cards to discover

then again constricted design space hasn't stopped them from making a mechanic yet!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

They're good dogs fifty.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

They're good dogs fifty.

Good for a meme deck, you mean!

tenor.gif

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Even pally was doing quite well last night, but it seems to lose hard to odd rogue.

Also lost one game last night where equality - avenging wrath went all face. Needed to hit the one taunt on the board once so my weapon could close it out.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Why does my bonedrake only shit out temporussi and my priest opponents' bonedrakes always contain deathwings that they get to summon for free?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Is there anything better than being able to disrupt a combo kill after the opponent sets it up and emotes?

I submit that there is not.

What's that, Gul'dan? Your deck is empty, and you just played two galvanizers?

Enjoy your six mana crystals.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Tarantio wrote: »
    Is there anything better than being able to disrupt a combo kill after the opponent sets it up and emotes?

I submit that there is not.

What's that, Gul'dan? Your deck is empty, and you just played two galvanizers?

Enjoy your six mana crystals.

Milling mecha cthun feels pretty damn good.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra