As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

John Wick Chucks An Assault Rifle At A Dude in the [movies] Thread

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Coinage wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Got my first "For Your Consideration" envelope since getting into the Writer's Guild. I was very excited!

But all that was inside was a printed copy of the script for fucking Green Book.

What a waste of a tree.

With a little resin and a bit of elbow grease you've got a lot of free rolling papers.
    I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't smoke ink

I mean, you probably shouldn't smoke anything

Feeling attacked over here.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'll smoke somethin

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Smoke theese meats.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Tarantino has possibly one of the worst Australian accents I've heard in my life

... when did he try to play an australian? I genuinely can't remember this.
    Of course it's possible I didn't know he was aiming for australian.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    tynic wrote: »
    Tarantino has possibly one of the worst Australian accents I've heard in my life

His cameo in Django Unchained where he plays an Australian slave driver who gets blown up with dynamite.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... ok yeah I didn't even realise he was trying to be Australian.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    If I was a director I would always put myself into my own movies.

I'd be a nameless goon/minion who is killed in the most gruesome way.

Every film I would suffer a new fatality.

like in the extended Return of the King, Peter Jackson shows up just in time to take an arrow in the neck from Legolas.

Also, King Kong, speaking of horrific deaths

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

His cameo in Django Unchained where he plays an Australian slave driver who gets blown up with dynamite.

which was probably his best cameo ever, though far overshadowed in the scene by tom savini's

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I'll smoke somethin

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I love the concept and the trailers but I don't think I like Takashi Miike's style as the movie fell quite flat for me.

Can Takashi Miike really be said to have a style, though? I mean, I'm not even sure it's possible for one person to universally like or dislike all of his movies. There's just so many, and they're fucking all over the place, in every fucking genre.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I've only seen the one and I disliked it so "I don't think I like Takashi Miike's style in that movie".

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    If I want to see Glass tomorrow in advance of the Blank Check ep but I haven’t seen Split

Is that a big deal?

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    If I want to see Glass tomorrow in advance of the Blank Check ep but I haven’t seen Split

Is that a big deal?

If you've seen Unbreakable that's really all you need. Split just details who/what The Beast is and isn't super essential to the overarching plot.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    Jimothy wrote: »

Is that a big deal?

If you've seen Unbreakable that's really all you need. Split just details who/what The Beast is and isn't super essential to the overarching plot.

Thanks! Seen it many times

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Every trailer before Broly is for a kids movie. Whoever decided on trailers has no idea of the audience for this movie...

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Got my first "For Your Consideration" envelope since getting into the Writer's Guild. I was very excited!

But all that was inside was a printed copy of the script for fucking Green Book.

What a waste of a tree.
    take it on a roadtrip and overcome your differences with it then write a heartwarming screenplay about going on a roadtrip with a screenplay

Should he first wait for the script to die so it can't object to the content of the heartwarming screenplay?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Every trailer before Brolly is for a kids movie. Whoever decided on trailers has no idea of the audience for this movie...

“Out of touch people in charge of shit do something that emphasizes how out of touch they are with the thing they’re in charge of” has been the deal since at least 2016.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Every trailer before Brolly is for a kids movie. Whoever decided on trailers has no idea of the audience for this movie...

“Out of touch people in charge of shit do something that emphasizes how out of touch they are with the thing they’re in charge of” has been the deal since human society formed.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    So what is Brolly? Google is only spitting out the DBZ Broly movie, even I tell it "no, spell it this way pls"

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    So what is Brolly? Google is only spitting out the DBZ Broly movie, even I tell it "no, spell it this way pls"

It's that

• Options
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

“Out of touch people in charge of shit do something that emphasizes how out of touch they are with the thing they’re in charge of” has been the deal since human society formed.

Fair cop.

Fair dinkum.

Fair enough.

America’s “fair” is the worst.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's that

Oh

I thought that was an old movie, but that's probably just because I know the character name

nevermind!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

It's that

Oh

I thought that was an old movie, but that's probably just because I know the character name

nevermind!

There's a new movie in current continuity/canon that introduces a new and much better version of the character.

It was very, very good.

Edit: I also added an extra l that wasn't there.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Boy, I forgot just how bad Lifeforce is.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    That Power Rangers movie?

Not bad!

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    That Power Rangers movie?

Not bad!

Ivan Ooze is a classic villain.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    but he doesn't yell about krispy kreme, so

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Per Deadline, Bumblebee has officially surpassed $400mil worldwide. An animated film is in the works, and a sequel is in development planned for release after that

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I sincerely hope Bubmblebee is the actual basis of the reboot going forward

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    don't you mean

rebumbleboot

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Started watching All the President’s Men. Considering I’m living through Stupid Watergate, I may as well check out the story of the original. Great movie so far. Goldman was a hell of a writer. I’ll have to read his book on screenwriting.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Boy, I forgot just how bad Lifeforce is.

It's not great, but it does have some of the most unsettling practical effects I've ever seen. When whatshisface first reanimates and starts flailing around? Fuckin yikes. Real creepy.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Just got out of Bohemian Rhapsody. Damn what a movie. It made me want to do two things.

1. Go home and immediately listen to more queen.
    2. Find a good biography of Freddy Mercury/Queen and read about the real deal.

Any suggestions on the 2nd one?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    rebumbleboot

This is a lot of fun to say.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    rebumbleboot

Ah, my favorite Tolkien character

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5TEsdb918c
    Pete Davidson & John Mulaney review Clint Eastwood's The Mule

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Is Pete Davidson just on the cast so his actual life can be a prop at this point?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    DBZ is for children. I like it, but it’s a kids show.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    DBZ is for children. I like it, but it’s a kids show.

Agreed, but its broadcast time on TV doesn't really lend itself to a younger audience anymore. Same with stuff like Steven Universe. Obviously meant for children, but I don't think the actual viewership breakdown bears that out.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I'm not a big Pete Davidson fan but that was a quality piece.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
This discussion has been closed.