As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take some [photos] and show me them

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I recently moved into a new suburb, and I was apprehensive about one of my neighbours who always seemed to have a bunch of crazy crap all over their driveway. However they put up this Christmas display this week and now I think I have severely misjudged these people...

5k2duiqr4g6x.jpg

(They also had a sweet Halloween setup earlier and cooked hotdogs for all the trick-or-treaters, so this only really cemented their awesomeness)

This hare also now lives in my backyard and is super chill with my presence. Named it Snowball.

lr8q40dkljjr.jpg
    23ynduo957x6.jpg

Cristoval on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    BUNNY!

:D

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cristoval wrote: »
    23ynduo957x6.jpg

I see you found a hareball.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Here's some shots from a trip to Yellowknife a couple of weeks ago which I put in the travel thread already but forgot about this one:

The sky was decoratively cloudy around sunset:

YnYrZ4M.jpg
    Jir70xB.jpg

but it cleared up very nicely later on:

T46ToIj.jpg
    GVAME1c.jpg

• Options
    We're deep in the heart of christmas light season, now

vetbhtmywr6y.jpg

bfa6gzxizi0i.jpg

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I am increasingly fascinated by the items my neighbor puts up in their window behind the curtain.

It's like, I don't want to look at this, but this is for you. While you're frying your eggs in the morning, this is just for you.

xmqql0sdm6f1.png

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Yo, my house is the one with the Future Gohan in the window!
    Can ya pick up some pizza on the way to D&D tonight.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    They opened a park here a few years ago along the bluffs overlooking the ocean, and in the winter when there's storms going by it gets rather spectacular. I've been taking pictures on walks over the last few months and finally dumped them to the computer the other day to post some dog pictures in the holiday forum.

qw87y4fgbjlb.jpg
    o1dm0fmmtpqh.jpg
    56ldyavzpg00.jpg
    9mpr3sd6ngwr.jpg
    k5gezi38y629.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    No photos, but -- if anyone else a:has a bunch of photos on flickr, b:isn't going to pay for the pro flickr subscription but has more pictures than fit in the new free tier on flickr, and c:has those photos sorted into albums, then when you do the 'download all my stuff' from flickr, you don't get them back in albums, they're in a huge flat list. So I wrote a little tool that uses the flickr metadata you get to put the photos back into folders for easier storage / re-uploading elsewhere.

https://github.com/djmitchella/flickr-data-folderify if anyone else needs this.

(I'm slowly moving everything over to google photos, because while their free tier is maxed out at 16mp, my camera is just under that anyway so it doesn't make a difference to me.)

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I wasn’t sure how this thread was going to pan out but it’s become one of my favorite threads on the forums

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I don’t have anything as awesome as that but there was a bird on the steeple of the building I work at, and it cut a majestic-type figure:

JPCu2del.jpg

HLyb3Ael.jpg

Any ornithologists reading the forums know what it is?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    More dusks for the dusk god.

Sundown over the Luberon
    ypdn5d3fge23.jpg
    ijcwjnm57jjv.jpg

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Oh hey did someone say sunset photos?

Hoh River sunset:
    2ajsu9qbs88c.jpg

Victoria sunset:
    npa9cq73h668.jpg

Colorado. This one's a sunrise, but don't tell anyone.
    jhnqr0ycfpos.jpg

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I don’t have anything as awesome as that but there was a bird on the steeple of the building I work at, and it cut a majestic-type figure:

JPCu2del.jpg

HLyb3Ael.jpg

I'm not an ornithologist, but it might be a Cooper's Hawk. I've got one that lives in my back yard here in MA, and I think they also live in TX. They're generally smaller than other hawks, but I can't really tell it's size in your photo.

Did you hear it's call? They make a KEK-KEK-KEK sorta call.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Oh god, it's from /pol/? Put it out of its misery...

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

Oh god, it's from /pol/? Put it out of its misery...

No, this thread is for good things

• Options

JPCu2del.jpg

HLyb3Ael.jpg

I'm not an ornithologist, but it might be a Cooper's Hawk. I've got one that lives in my back yard here in MA, and I think they also live in TX. They're generally smaller than other hawks, but I can't really tell it's size in your photo.

Yeah it was a lot like that. I expected some kind of hawk!

• Options
    few more sunrise/sunsets (calgary morning, waterton lake sunset, waterton mountain sunset):

MtSqXgU.jpg

XMqw13W.jpg

Q79qKpe.jpg

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    The ruins of Whitby Abbey, North Yorkshire, UK taken in early December 2018:

9xg1sdhavmta.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Here's a sunrise photo from Yokohama

SWfMTtYl.jpg

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Stopped to get the mail today and had to take a shot.

nsob31gz04i3.jpg

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    That is a spectacular view and lighting. Mind if I ask where you live?

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    That is a spectacular view and lighting. Mind if I ask where you live?

Western Oregon. Its beautiful Country for sure.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    It's tulip season! Went to the gardens on an overcast day. Light isn't the best, but, well, what can you do.
    h4xYJTV.jpg
    0kJg7xM.jpg

LWyPr1c.jpg
    Not terribly sure what sort of tree this is.

pjKzRms.jpg
    It's also cherry blossom season! My own trees are only just starting, but this one at the gardens was in full bloom.

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
  • Options
    Cherry blossoms are

So pretty

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm in the South, we have azaleas.

NpzE7y6.jpg
    fGvyiOW.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    A tradition like no other

• Options
    So I found some old pictures I took on my grandma's farm back in the day. They were taken on one of those giant digital cameras with a floppy drive in them, and they're in black and white because of art.

rgdbb1o31les.jpg

Job Thread regulars will know that this is the family cemetery I will be buried in one day. If I have won more stupid bets than I have lost at that point, it won't be the loser plot next to Uncle Jimmy.

m4st0kea3vyv.jpg

This looks like a Ken Burns-ass Dust Bowl tractor, but I can confirm that I was still using it to mow corners as of 2001.

o93pjkvsd264.jpg

The old feed barn. When I was a kid, we had a secret club house in the loft. The loft was a four-foot-wide plank platform, and you accessed it via a chain ladder nailed to the front of the barn, which had been removed as of this photo.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    In my imagination, Oklahoma is a black and white state. Like, literally after you cross the Missouri/Arkansas border, and leave behind the green of the Ozarks, it's just B/W.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    That's actually New Mexico! But yeah, 4 miles from Texas and about 60 miles from Oklahoma, so you're pretty spot on.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    369i4xyiehtq.jpg

Lovely day in New England

• Options
    x0zglhuv07wa.png

Neat cloudscapes this morning. Spring in Oklahoma is really pretty pleasant, aside from the fact that the sky tries to murder you at unpredictable intervals.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    x0zglhuv07wa.png

Neat cloudscapes this morning. Spring in Oklahoma is really pretty pleasant, aside from the fact that the sky tries to murder you at unpredictable intervals.

Lethal weather still blows my mind. I would have a very hard time adjusting.

• Options
    You can adapt pretty quickly once you grasp the math involved. OKC is the most-tornadoed city in the US, but a house within the city limits would still need to stand for around three millennia before it had even odds of being struck by a tornado. Folks living in that same house would be twice as likely to die in a heat wave, and almost exactly as likely to die from a lightning strike.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Oregon Coast at sunset. It's a stitched photo so it's not perfect, but goddamn was it beautiful yesterday.

v3k2ugheqoe3.jpg

Heres some Godrays to go with it.

ubxqwtrd52tx.jpg

webguy20 on
  • Options
    A vernal pool near my house yesterday.

49ksn81khuxw.jpg

My daughter and I were looking for froggies, but mostly got eaten by black flies.

• Options
    yay for arriving in a country in the middle of a national emergency
    muw0ng5bw7rh.jpeg

On the bright side: meep meep!
    x06383ut8m9q.jpeg

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I posted some holiday photos in the travel thread but I thought I'd stick the pretentious arty ones in here. Plants!

w8piv2y4ofqm.jpg

xtq68w7uysjl.jpg

hrjq6v25lcph.jpeg

hn450ruwzq66.jpg

Brovid Hasselsmof on