As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Better get a babysitter cause we've got two tickets to the [GUN] show...

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    those are amazing. where did you get them?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • [Paragon][Paragon] I'm a real doctor, for pretend! North DakotaRegistered User regular
    My southern tactical, lots of mags and design your own. Price is meh, but the lulz are high for me so I count it a decent trade off.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I like those

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I like the nags as well. Unlike other parts of the gun they are easy to swap out.

No Step on Snek is the best one, by far.

edited January 2019
    I feel like I should wear my new FPC shirt and go buy a firearm today.

Or at the very least go window shop the used gun case

Edit: a Ruger PC Carbine followed me home. I’ve swapped out the magwell to take Glock mags and now have a spare Ruger mag I’ve no need for, I think it’s for an SR9?

Dead Legend on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Speed loader for the .38 will be here on Monday. Still looking at holsters.

Weaver wrote: »

Are you planning on carrying your .38 or is this just for storing inside your safe with it?

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Y'know, I gotta get myself to an outdoor range. This 25m out thing is getting a little old...
    p646v5b7lfy4.jpg

(that's 25m out, 9.5x scope, standing (but bipod deployed) RFB with OTC retail, non-match loads)

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I own a Springfield 1911 Operator. It's not the top, top shelf, but it's a great model that shoots pretty well and has options if I want to throw fun things on it. I tested a bunch of guns before I bought it, and while I know law enforcement swears by Glocks and 9mms, there's nothing that quite matches the crack of a .45. As an added bonus, the weight helps me stay on target. My hands just hate the plastic feel of some of those guns. They feel like toys.

I wanted a mix of a gun for education, defense, and historical value, and I'm pretty happy so far.

manwiththemachinegun on

Are you planning on carrying your .38 or is this just for storing inside your safe with it?

Storing, but I do want to be set up to have carrying be an option if needed.

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I own a Springfield 1911 Operator. It's not the top, top shelf, but it's a great model that shoots pretty well and has options if I want to throw fun things on it. I tested a bunch of guns before I bought it, and while I know law enforcement swears by Glocks and 9mms, there's nothing that quite matches the crack of a .45. As an added bonus, the weight helps me stay on target. My hands just hate the plastic feel of some of those guns. They feel like toys.

I wanted a mix of a gun for education, defense, and historical value, and I'm pretty happy so far.
    I’ve heard nothing but good about Springfield’s Operator (except for some folks calling it a little too tacticool), so I’m down to either one of those or a Sig Sauer Emperor Scorpion.

I’m still up in the air about caliber. The TRP I shot was .45 and nice. And of course .45 is just a tradition for a 1911. But 9mm is so much cheaper...

I shot clay pigeons today. Got 45/100, not bad for my first time shooting a shotgun.

I had to shoot with one eye closed. If I try both open I get double vision of the barrel/sights. Any advice?

• NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I shot clay pigeons today. Got 45/100, not bad for my first time shooting a shotgun.

I had to shoot with one eye closed. If I try both open I get double vision of the barrel/sights. Any advice?

It's just practice. It takes deliberate training just like any other aspect of shooting.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Edit: a Ruger PC Carbine followed me home. I’ve swapped out the magwell to take Glock mags and now have a spare Ruger mag I’ve no need for, I think it’s for an SR9?

I've been thinking about the PC carbine but I'm still waiting to see if Magpul does the X22 backpacker stock for it.

It was either going to be that or the Kel Tec RDB Survival, and if I go Ruger I can save myself $400 even with the X22 stock.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

I’ve heard nothing but good about Springfield’s Operator (except for some folks calling it a little too tacticool), so I’m down to either one of those or a Sig Sauer Emperor Scorpion.

I’m still up in the air about caliber. The TRP I shot was .45 and nice. And of course .45 is just a tradition for a 1911. But 9mm is so much cheaper...

The only thing is it has a two piece guide on the slide, so I need a 5/32” allen wrench to get that loose for cleaning. But, I like the gun is high maintenance, it just means I need to know how to operate it better.

manwiththemachinegun on

I've been thinking about the PC carbine but I'm still waiting to see if Magpul does the X22 backpacker stock for it.

It was either going to be that or the Kel Tec RDB Survival, and if I go Ruger I can save myself $400 even with the X22 stock.

I shot around 115 rounds through it this morning. Left all my crap at the house though, like binos or spotting scope. The stock I like as is, could use some refinement and I’m sure somebody will put out a replacement.

Was shooting it at 50 yards and was shooting to the right, didn’t have the necessary tools or patience to adjust the sights on it.

It was fun to shoot! Range was busy and I shot enough mags through it to decide it works well enough as is until I can have the time get it rock solid, maybe throw a dot on there when I do that.

edited January 2019
    Here's a photo of the lr308 cerakoted up. I'm driving back to Texas and stopped long enough to post the picture. I just got back to Texas and could finally post the picture.

1ortiakaidbv.jpg

NSDFRand on
    I like that

The next step is to get an optic and transfer the canted iron sights from one of my .556 rifles to this one, and put some non-canted iron sights to replace.

• John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    Reddit's r/gundeals found my ammo so I'm stocked up for the foreseeable future. Now to install my new hand guard and VG6 muzzle break. Do you think I'll have to re-zero? Surely I will, the damn barrel has to come off to attach the new nut for the hand guard and the break might make some difference.

• [Paragon][Paragon] I'm a real doctor, for pretend! North DakotaRegistered User regular
    I haven't yet found a brake to change POI but I have a limited sample size so anything is possible I guess.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    :edit: how the heck did I hit this instead of the car thread...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited January 2019
    HKS speedloader doesn't fit my .38. Anyone know of a speedloader that fits a Rock Island M200, or if it can use moon clips without needing to alter the cylinder?

Edit: never mind, dumb question. Can see when it's loaded there's no room for a moon clip.

Weaver on
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    moon clips?

What a time to be alive ... !

https://youtu.be/qu32fBkiHFE

HKS speedloader doesn't fit my .38. Anyone know of a speedloader that fits a Rock Island M200, or if it can use moon clips without needing to alter the cylinder?

Edit: never mind, dumb question. Can see when it's loaded there's no room for a moon clip.

@Weaver

Find the model of speedloader that will fit a Colt Detective Special. The M200 is built off the Colt D frame apparently.

Also, holsters for the Colt Detective / Colt Police will fit also apparently.

Link: https://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?140-Armscor-M200-Series-Revolver-Review

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Is anyone watching THE PUNISHER, Season 2 ? Sig-Sauer clearly bought the handgun rights this time around.

I watched a few episodes so far. The choices for the carbines and rifle in the Sheriff's office scenes were interesting. Specifically the rifle that I didn't see on IMFDB when I checked it.

I got to shoot a Walther PK380 and an FN Five Seven today.

The PK380 had really weird controls. Was pretty fun to shoot though.

The Five-Seven was soooo much fun. It was better than I thought it would be in every way.

The Five-Seven was soooo much fun. It was better than I thought it would be in every way.

Yeah...it's a real fun gun to shoot. I'm just not in love with the front post, but I can live with that.

The price tag, though, is something that's a little harder for me to overcome. For that price I could pick up a PS90...

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Yeah...it's a real fun gun to shoot. I'm just not in love with the front post, but I can live with that.

The price tag, though, is something that's a little harder for me to overcome. For that price I could pick up a PS90...

I think it's the gold standard of handguns. No wonder it costs so much.

RE the PK380 controls: It took me a little bit to get used to the paddle mag release on the PPQ but after range time and training with it over the last couple of years I really prefer the ambidextrous controls (I think the German military requires that for pistols, the German military version of the USP has the same controls) of the PPQ gen 1 over "traditional" button mag release and slide releases meant for right handed only.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Kel-Tec's gone a bit space marines, the KS7 got leaked before shot show.

YCKsGTE.jpg?1

Single feed tube instead of the double on the KSG so 7 3" or 8 2 3/4", slimmer body, smoother action, and that top rail with bead sight. Under 6 pounds unloaded they're claiming, MSRP of $495 so it should be sub-$400 in no time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vTqkI2jOPQ

nibXTE7.png
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    RE the PK380 controls: It took me a little bit to get used to the paddle mag release on the PPQ but after range time and training with it over the last couple of years I really prefer the ambidextrous controls (I think the German military requires that for pistols, the German military version of the USP has the same controls) of the PPQ gen 1 over "traditional" button mag release and slide releases meant for right handed only.

I also wasn't used to the safety being "expose what you want". That and the fact that the trigger pulls when safe really confused me for a while

I do like the new KS7, but I don't see what it offers over my current 18.5 home defense 12 gauge.

Also yeah, if they're gonna go with that design, they need to make it in a .45 carbine and just call it the Pulse Rifle.

I'm looking forward to the KS7 but I don't know if I would expect it to drop below MSRP too soon. Kel Tec makes some really cool stuff but the problem with their cool stuff is that they are made in small batches and sent out while the employees are constantly cranking out pistols. Their factory is literally in my hometown and anything Kel Tec that isn't a pistol is still really hard to find.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    the RFB is one of the only semi-auto rifles I really lust after, and I'm glad to see that aesthetic is still in full force over at House Kellgren

In fact, if "Hammer" (Kris Hammerstrom) from the end of that video is who I think it is I knew him growing up.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I do like the new KS7, but I don't see what it offers over my current 18.5 home defense 12 gauge.

Also yeah, if they're gonna go with that design, they need to make it in a .45 carbine and just call it the Pulse Rifle.

It really depends on whether one values bullpup form factor, a rails out of the box, and what's likely a nicer stock.

I read it as a second+ shotgun for someone that already has a more traditional and versatile shotgun and wants something different to add to the collection.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772

It really depends on whether one values bullpup form factor, a rails out of the box, and what's likely a nicer stock.

I read it as a second+ shotgun for someone that already has a more traditional and versatile shotgun and wants something different to add to the collection.

So...basically a Panzer Arms BP-12?

Granted, the KS7 has 2 extra shells per magazine...but I kinda like the look of the BP-12 a little more.

I mean I've got an H&R pardner pump, which is a knock of of the Rem870 down to the millimeter, and I outfitted it with an adjustable AR style grip and shoulder, found an 870 metal heat shield with ghost rings for $10 in a parts bin at my FLGS, and put an aluminum follower, new spring, and +1 adapter since the 18.5 barrel is a little short. I don't see what an extra $200 adds to that despite how much I love Kel-Tec.

All in I've got maybe $300 in it. I'm weird though, firearms that cost more than $500 seem like a foreign concept to me.