As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Where GUMI has no idea how to release units in a proper order.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I am having issues throwing a team together for the bonus stage. Everything on reddit has units that I don't have or only at 5*/6*.

Well, start with the hard part. If you've managed to beat Scorn of the Beasts yet, what was your team for Europa and the Searchers?

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Anyone able to put up a Malphasie with some Machine Killer? I wanna get the bonus stage done and she's my best option for elemental coverage and damage.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    I am having issues throwing a team together for the bonus stage. Everything on reddit has units that I don't have or only at 5*/6*.

Well, start with the hard part. If you've managed to beat Scorn of the Beasts yet, what was your team for Europa and the Searchers?

Lol Europa is the hard part? I can't even beat Ochu.

Ochu has way more DEF than SPR, so I'd recommend using either magical or MAG focused hybrid damage. This whole trial is actually very biased towards using MAG/Hybrid damage.

Cruor wrote: »
    Ochu has way more DEF than SPR, so I'd recommend using either magical or MAG focused hybrid damage. This whole trial is actually very biased towards using MAG/Hybrid damage.

Yeah my issue is that I don't have a good 7* mage that can cover any elements. I have Christine, Barb, and BS Sakura. I have a 7* OK and 7* Kurasame that I am bringing.

If I spec M Ramza for evade he isn't going to be very useful for the Europa fight, right?

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    Of all the annoying units to run into in the Arena, Lilith can go to hell the most.

Lilith is strong in the arena for a couple reasons. The first is her kit, it's very good in the arena. Her AoE multihit counter is very good even if you have just one of her. She can counter up to three times based on what you hit her with. One triggers on physical, one on magic and one on both. So just hitting her with physical is enough to potentially trigger two counters. She has a bunch of different moves that can charm, though they're all low 5% chance, and one of those moves is the counter that triggers off both types of damage. If that 5% goes off on one of your units, it can really mess you up. Her LB heals herself foe 60% and gives her damage reduction, but it's mostly the heal that's annoying (the DR can be dispelled or just powered through of you have enough damage). If her counters weren't AoE, she would not be anywhere near the threat she is. Even four or five Liliths dropping two counters wouldn't be so bad if they were single target, the damage would be much more manageable and could be covered by a tank much better. My own Lilith can cover two Liliths countering right now, though it brings her very low on HP, amd that's absorbing five instances of each counter (one for each party member).

The other reason is the mechanics of the arena itself. I've noticed that, unlike regular battles, in arena there is no limit to how many LB crystals you can get in a given turn. So a Lilith countering generates a ludicrous amount of LB crystals. Two Liliths countering almost guarantees the entire enemy team has their LBs charged. And the other mechanic is how the arena AI perfect chains everything. If multiple enemies use the same move on you in arena, it's going to spark chain guaranteed. Normally it's not too bad because it's very rare for the AI to choose the same move even on the same character. But since the AI auto uses LBs, the Liliths are going to spark chain LB every turn on.

One Lilith isn't too bad, she can't chain counter and there's a limit to her damage. Two Lilitha is also manageable, but can still get dicey. Three or more and you have a problem. There are a few ways to beat multi Lilith teams. First is overwhelming power. I've OTKO'd multi Lilith teams but it uaually takes spark chaining dualcast moves, which can be haed without a macro. Second is goimg heavy on stop effects. Lilith is not immune to stop, and I've never seen the AI try to cure stop with units like Ayaka. The problem is when status effects are banned, and of the stop doesn't apply she's going to counter you. If you're going to stop Lilith, bring multiple stop moves to increase your odds. The third way is the slow way, try and kill them one at a time. This is similar to the first method of overpowering, but with chaining single target instead. This can be safer as you limit your threat of counters, but it's slow and it's very annoying to have to spend too long on an arena battle. Summoning Odin also works well if they aren't death immune.

That all being said, I think I might just GL UoC a GLS so I can have two 7* GLS in arena. A triple cast Soul Barrage chain should be enough to wipe any number of Liliths, especially with a finisher or esper summon. It also has the added benefit of wiping out pretty much any other enemies I might face. And it's only stopped by multi-ability bans, which seem pretty rare. There's no element or status effect on Soul Barrage so the ability itself can't be banned.

I hate everything about Lilith... Especially the fact that I didn't get her even though I wanted her.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Yeah my issue is that I don't have a good 7* mage that can cover any elements. I have Christine, Barb, and BS Sakura. I have a 7* OK and 7* Kurasame that I am bringing.

If I spec M Ramza for evade he isn't going to be very useful for the Europa fight, right?

Actually evasion works great for Europa. It's the Bomb kids that just do basically magical elemental damage. Moving your tank to dodge will make Ochu super easy.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Tried and failed to get Folka. The step up gave me nothing, and 50 tickets only got me an Ace.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I just finished the boss rush. I used:
    Sieg (evade)
    Kyrla (breaks/imperils/dispel)
    Kunshira (elemental coverage/breaks/imperils/buffs)
    LM Fina (heals/reraise/elemental buffs)
    Hyoh (lightning, machine killer)
    Hyoh friend (same)

Evade works extremely well for Ochu and Europa. I tried to tank Ochu with 7* Sieg (UoC a 2nd) non-evade (22k HP, 1.2k DEF) and he was getting destroyed every round. Even with reraise, the Ochu would AOE kill the whole team while Sieg was returning to life and covering again. I was using a DEF/SPR buff too and it still was not enough on some rounds.

OK and Kurasame should work very well on the Bomb Family.

Unfortunately, budget is not possible for this boss rush.

My Sieg can survive Ochu decently well with just under 25k HP and 1.4k DEF, but some rounds are hairy. I'm mostly just working on getting my damage right. I'm using a DFina with Arc Arcana to cover just about everything, and then I also have Loren and Malphasie to cover Wind/Light/Dark/Lightning over again. I just need to get a friend Malphasie to chain with for Europa and I'll be golden.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    This is sounding like I probably should save my energy and ignore this bonus round thing.

EDIT: Welp. I just got my first STMR. I dropped a couple gold tickets on the banner to see if I could get Yubel, because hey, a killer that also has a quite good atk boost is aces as a TMR even if he's a fucking idiot - and the second ticket broke into rainbow. It's... Roy number 4! Alright, then, I'mma put this on Beryl, I think.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Enraged Shantoto sounds like she'd be good for bombs?

I finished the bombs recently. Next up is Europa... I'll have to do some research on this fight before I have to redo the entire stage.

Reminder: Run the Vault of Hidden Treasures!!!

So what I can tell is kill the searchers and then dps the boss? Of course my friend unit is Christine and it's 300% ice resist.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So what I can tell is kill the searchers and then dps the boss? Of course my friend unit is Christine and it's 300% ice resist.

I have Reberta up as fire, but I can easily switch to something else if you need. Let me know.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited January 2019
    The buffs can be dispelled. I actually killed Europa first and then dealt with the Searchers last. I believe that their resist changes based on what moves they do. After you dispel, you can debuff their DEF/SPR and resists to kill them later. Make sure to keep your elemental resists up and they are not that threatening with an evade tank.

Tiphares on
    edited January 2019
    Well that was decisive. Europa was dispelled and I dealt my turn... M Ramza did AoE cover... Europa proceeded to absolutely murder every single one of my units. Their attack went on a good 10 to 15 seconds. It was a bloodbath lol.

What did I do wrong? In any case I need to switch things up a bit... I didn't have a breaker so it took me a while to kill each stage.

urahonky on
    Shadowfire wrote: »

I have Reberta up as fire, but I can easily switch to something else if you need. Let me know.

She's got 4 elements covered, right? I might try her out.

Ah, shooting mode is basically aoe magic. I need some resists.

Shadowfire wrote: »

She's got 4 elements covered, right? I might try her out.

Three. Lightning, Ice, and Fire. And she's using a fire weapon right now to chain with Sephiroth, but I can change that out.

Also, her LB is maxed so that's a 104% imperil and 74% def break.

New Kefka unit on JP side has the best LB animation:
    206002307_limit_atk_animated.gif

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    10+1 was garbage.

Ah, shooting mode is basically aoe magic. I need some resists.
    You need to ATK/MAG break Europa too. So, turn 1 is tricky. Need to dispel the boss, buff your wind resist and defensive stats, and offensive break Europa at a minimum. I can set Kunshira as my friend unit if you need more elemental coverage. With Fenrir she covers everything but earth, but you would need your own set of chainers.

Got Livid Shantotto on the 10+1 ticket. Funny coincedence since someone brought her up yesterday.

TeaSpoon wrote: »
    10+1 was garbage.

Yeah even though I expect it to be garbage I always get a little heartbroken when it's 1 gold 10 blues.

New video is up. Star Ocean is the next collab which meh. The last round of 7* is confirmed for Soon (TM), and enhancements for Ang, Good Boy, and some others. Next trial coming too.

edited January 2019
    They were being coy about it, but it sounds like they're trying future proof Fayt's 7* a little bit. He can TDH and TDW, but they described the TDW as a 'special form of DW not in GL, something that will come out later in the meta'. So, to me, it sounds lkke Fayt will be the first GL unit to pick up the TDW improvements

All they gotta do is give him a common chaining family or two and he should be pretty good.

Edit: I didn't watch far enough, they say he can chain well with PG Lasswell. So I'm guessing A. Mirror of Equity family.

Zomro on
    Can someone explain how to guard against chain laser in the Europa fight? It wipes me every time and I don't see anyone mentioning it in any of the threads so I am obviously fucking dumb and can't figure it out.

10+1 netted me Roy#3. Woo 50% Moogle

Enhancements for Cloud but not Sephiroth. Bull.

Sephiroth's enhancements put him at Akstar levels of damage. We won't see the enhancements for awhile.

Really? Well, shit.

Means I can hold off on pulling for physical DPS for awhile, then.

Magus` wrote: »
    Really? Well, shit.

Means I can hold off on pulling for physical DPS for awhile, then.

And, even better, our Sephiroth already got GLEX upgrades, so he'll be in a better spot than he is in JP when his enhancements come

Nothing but blues and golds.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    10+1 gave me a prompt#3 but I haven't even bothered to get him to 7* yet.

Dunadan019 wrote: »
    10+1 gave me a prompt#3 but I haven't even bothered to get him to 7* yet.

He's great in the Arena since he has a counter that stops everyone on the team.

edited January 2019
    Can someone explain how to guard against chain laser in the Europa fight? It wipes me every time and I don't see anyone mentioning it in any of the threads so I am obviously fucking dumb and can't figure it out.
    It is magic damage. I dunno. You can't cover magic and melee at the same time. I think Europa regilar attacks are ST. So passive provoke and evade? Alterately, buff resists really high.

Edit: You could also kill the Searchers everytime they spawn, but you have to be able to 1 shot them.

Tiphares on
  • AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Question for Arena. I won 90% to 95% of my fights with others who are between 1.05 and 1.25. But my record is still at 1.00. Just how many more fights I need to win for my record to tick up?

This discussion has been closed.