As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 5E] You can't triple stamp a double stamp!

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I think the original ranger gets a bit of a bad rap.

Before level 11 they're pretty easily on par or higher than par with fighters. After level 11 they're either on par or only slightly lower in power.

Think of a hunter with Horde Breaker, Multi-Attack Defense, Whirlwind Attack, And Stand Against the Tide. On your turn you can attack one creature twice and every other creature within 5 feet of you once. So long as there are two enemies within reach you get at least 3 attacks per round. If you get attacked by creatures which have >1 attack you're likely to force a few of those to miss with your extra 4 AC after you get hit... and if you aren't hit then you get to use your reaction to redirect one of those attacks. (Uncanny Dodge is also good here. If you get hit you can reduce the damage by half, and then you get +4 AC)

Beastmasters similarly get 3 attacks at level 11 (one from themselves and 2 from their beast). Or they can have their beast take the HELP action (which grants advantage to you or an ally) as a bonus action!

Additionally the ranger spell list is pretty good... and they're 1/2 level casters

Hunter's Mark, Fog Cloud, Goodberry
    Barkskin, Spike Growth, Pass Without Trace
    Conjure Animals

etc etc etc

wbBv3fj.png
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    @italianranma would you be interested in feedback on your homebrew?

Absolutely.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Goumindong wrote: »
    I think the original ranger gets a bit of a bad rap.

Before level 11 they're pretty easily on par or higher than par with fighters. After level 11 they're either on par or only slightly lower in power.

Think of a hunter with Horde Breaker, Multi-Attack Defense, Whirlwind Attack, And Stand Against the Tide. On your turn you can attack one creature twice and every other creature within 5 feet of you once. So long as there are two enemies within reach you get at least 3 attacks per round. If you get attacked by creatures which have >1 attack you're likely to force a few of those to miss with your extra 4 AC after you get hit... and if you aren't hit then you get to use your reaction to redirect one of those attacks. (Uncanny Dodge is also good here. If you get hit you can reduce the damage by half, and then you get +4 AC)

Beastmasters similarly get 3 attacks at level 11 (one from themselves and 2 from their beast). Or they can have their beast take the HELP action (which grants advantage to you or an ally) as a bonus action!

Additionally the ranger spell list is pretty good... and they're 1/2 level casters

Hunter's Mark, Fog Cloud, Goodberry
    Barkskin, Spike Growth, Pass Without Trace
    Conjure Animals

etc etc etc

Well, Hunter is alright at 3rd level, but level 1 you basically just get some RP stuff while all the other classes get some useful offense or defense: Lay on Hands, Second Wind, Rage, Sneak Attack... At level 2 you get your first spells and specifically Hunter's Mark which is where a lot of the power comes from, and then like you said at level 3 you get into Archetype abilities which are strong (well, hunter and gloom stalker specifically). Still the other classes are getting some pretty great benefits as well: Paladin is probably the best comparison and if you consider their spell lists to be roughly equivalent I'd say Paladin has a big advantage with the addition of Smite, Channel Divinity, and the fact that they're a prepared caster rather than a known caster. Comparing to 3rd level fighter maybe Hunter Ranger has an advantage over Champion Fighter, but Battlemaster I'd say has the edge, especially as they get more short rests throughout the day, since you can frighten, turn misses into hits, or use your reaction to make another attack. At higher levels the big problem with Ranger IMO is that you're always measuring your options against keeping up your concentration with Hunter's Mark. Also, while two-weapon hunter can make more attacks to take advantage of Hunter's Mark, being in melee is more difficult to keep concentration up, and it doesn't have as much spell support. Also, generally speaking, I don't think the Ranger's spell list improves until 13th level when they can cast 4th level spells: their second and third levels have a lot of utility to them, but that's tough to justify on a known caster. That's my opinion anyway.

Ranger's probably 5th or 6th on my list of favorites, but I've practically had one in each of my games so they seem to be pretty popular. I fell like I added a significant amount of power to the class with my homebrew, but I also think there was a lot of room for improvement.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    The ranger is a bit low on DPS at level 1 and 2. But at three theyre king, until about 11. Smite is good but smite is limited in terms of power per slot.

As an example. A ranger can hit for 3d6+2*stat at level 3 and then 5d6*3*stat the next round if they maintain concentration. That is pretty good all things considered. A fighter would hit for 2d6+2*stat every round.

Maybe short rests are really common but i dont find them to be so fast that BM fighters can spend 2 points/round.

wbBv3fj.png
    Can you explain how to do that for me? I'm not really tracking what changes at 3rd level to allow them to do that kind of damage.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It's not all against a single target - it's two-weapon fighting with the extra attack from the Hunter subclass option

edit: also Hunter's Mark

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Hey ya'll. I think I've nailed down my healing rule changes and would like a look over, see what folks think.

Link to PDF

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    I dont understand how 2 works... at all. Is this in addition to the normal HP that is gained?

Also that is a hugely massive buff to LoH.

wbBv3fj.png
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I dont understand how 2 works... at all. Is this in addition to the normal HP that is gained?

Also that is a hugely massive buff to LoH.

Yes, the hit dice is added to any healing that a spell or other ability adds. I'll work on making the language more clear.

It does really buff LoH more so at low levels, but at the expense of the Paladins own hit dice, who probably needs them to heal from being a front line fighter, or to fuel other abilities.

webguy20 on
    So a level x Paladin now has a LoH that heals up to 15x + con* x? That is a LOT of healing.

Also you should clarify if you add the dice itself or the hit dice as your hit dice includes your con modifier by default.

In general i am not sure what youre trying to solve. Do your players not use HD and instead use other sources of healing? Do they not use any healing?

Are you trying to make healing a more 4e like resource?

If youre trying to do the latter simply limiting potion purchase/creation seems easier

wbBv3fj.png
    edited January 2019
    So a level x Paladin now has a LoH that heals up to 15x + con* x? That is a LOT of healing.

Also you should clarify if you add the dice itself or the hit dice as your hit dice includes your con modifier by default.

In general i am not sure what youre trying to solve. Do your players not use HD and instead use other sources of healing? Do they not use any healing?

Are you trying to make healing a more 4e like resource?

If youre trying to do the latter simply limiting potion purchase/creation seems easier

I rarely see hit dice being used where they actually become a constraint even in low/moderate potion games, due to how weird it feels to shoehorn in a 6 combat workday, so I thought it would be fun to do more things with them, and in doing so have the players make interesting choices in how they spend their resources. I guess what I'm trying to solve is "give players more cool things to do at a cost to their resources" balanced against added complexity to the system.

With the way short rest is worded "when hit dice are spent in this way" Con is only added during the short rest use. Spending them another way does not add con. I can make that clearer as well.

So a 5th level paladin can use lay on hands up to 5 times while using their own hit dice, or however many times they want, constrained by their own LoH pool and other characters hit dice. You can certainly pump up a character temporarily with LoH, but at the expense of the paladin's own ability to recover healing dice in the long run.

I'm playtesting this in a few days during a Westmarches campaign, so I might certainly tone it down. I do like the image of a paladin laying down their own life force to heal instead of at the expense of whoever is being healed.

Edited for clarity.

webguy20 on
  • AbbalahAbbalah Registered User regular
    Can you explain how to do that for me? I'm not really tracking what changes at 3rd level to allow them to do that kind of damage.

It's the hunter subclass perks, but his math is relying on the assumption that you're getting maximum benefit out of the best of a set of fairly situational bonuses.

Specifically, Horde Breaker lets you make an extra attack once per turn after you make a weapon attack, provided that the extra attack is against a different creature from your original attack, and that creature is immediately adjacent (within 5 feet) to your primary target.

So, if you take Hunter instead of Gloom Stalker or whatever and you take Horde Breaker instead of the more common and more reliable (but lower overall output) Colossus Slayer option and you take the Two-Weapon Fighting fighting style instead of Archery and you're using either a pair of shortswords or a pair of hand crossbows (and glossing over the 'how are you reloading those exactly' question) and you have two enemies standing next to each other, you can go:

Turn 1: Bonus action for Hunters Mark, attack your Mark target (2d6+dex), extra attack on the guy he's holding hands with (1d6+dex b/c no Hunter's Mark bonus)
    Turn 2: Same thing again, but now your bonus action is free so you use it to attack your primary target again with your offhand weapon for another 2d6+dex. (Provided he's still around after you already put 4d6+2*dex into him over two turns in an encounter where the enemies are weak enough to be numerous enough to be giving you two adjacent targets)

Oh, and unless you're doing the hand crossbows thing you're a melee ranger standing next to multiple targets, so you're probably getting hit and having to make con saves to maintain concentration on your Mark, so we're also assuming you pass all of those even though Hunter Rangers don't get con save proficiency.

Something is going to go wrong with that equation often enough to keep your damage output lower than the fighter's no-questions-asked 2d6+2*str (with options to boost), the most immediate of which is probably going to be that 'dual-wielding melee horde breaker hunter' is not how most people are gonna build a ranger in the first place (even the Drizzt fans are probably gonna want beastmaster's animal companion instead).

Plus realistically given how short 5e combats are, Dread Ambusher alone is probably going to make Gloom Stalker do better damage with fewer situational restrictions than Hunter does, before you even begin to address how silly 'permanent improved invisibility as long as it's dark' is as a level 3 class feature.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Abbalah wrote: »

It's the hunter subclass perks, but his math is relying on the assumption that you're getting maximum benefit out of the best of a set of fairly situational bonuses.

Specifically, Horde Breaker lets you make an extra attack once per turn after you make a weapon attack, provided that the extra attack is against a different creature from your original attack, and that creature is immediately adjacent (within 5 feet) to your primary target.

So, if you take Hunter instead of Gloom Stalker or whatever and you take Horde Breaker instead of the more common and more reliable (but lower overall output) Colossus Slayer option and you take the Two-Weapon Fighting fighting style instead of Archery and you're using either a pair of shortswords or a pair of hand crossbows (and glossing over the 'how are you reloading those exactly' question) and you have two enemies standing next to each other, you can go:

Turn 1: Bonus action for Hunters Mark, attack your Mark target (2d6+dex), extra attack on the guy he's holding hands with (1d6+dex b/c no Hunter's Mark bonus)
    Turn 2: Same thing again, but now your bonus action is free so you use it to attack your primary target again with your offhand weapon for another 2d6+dex. (Provided he's still around after you already put 4d6+2*dex into him over two turns in an encounter where the enemies are weak enough to be numerous enough to be giving you two adjacent targets)

Oh, and unless you're doing the hand crossbows thing you're a melee ranger standing next to multiple targets, so you're probably getting hit and having to make con saves to maintain concentration on your Mark, so we're also assuming you pass all of those even though Hunter Rangers don't get con save proficiency.

Something is going to go wrong with that equation often enough to keep your damage output lower than the fighter's no-questions-asked 2d6+2*str (with options to boost), the most immediate of which is probably going to be that 'dual-wielding melee horde breaker hunter' is not how most people are gonna build a ranger in the first place (even the Drizzt fans are probably gonna want beastmaster's animal companion instead).

Plus realistically given how short 5e combats are, Dread Ambusher alone is probably going to make Gloom Stalker do better damage with fewer situational restrictions than Hunter does, before you even begin to address how silly 'permanent improved invisibility as long as it's dark' is as a level 3 class feature.

Agreed on that last point.

If fighting a group of humans, I'd much rather just take out their light source and murder them all in the dark.

It's more effective and way scarier.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I think for my hit dice stuff im going to completely remove the changes to how healing works. Getting to spend hit dice in a clutch moment to do something potentially cool is good. If it proves over powered i can go from there.

Simpler and more fun.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I had what I would consider to be a pretty successful 4e campaign where we handed off DM duties. All in all I think 5 of us ran, each for multiple levels at a time, and 3 of us ran multiple sections. It was good clean fun, the only real issue we had was one particular guy was just...not a good DM. I wasn't really either! But they put up with me because they knew I always rooted for the PCs. This other guy would find some bastard of a monster and go "oh man this is gonna wreck them, it'll be awesome and surely they'll think I'm cool now!" and it just was so bad. He only DMd once, and eventually quit the group (he and I just did not get along), but overall it was a wildly successful game.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Honestly, I think the Ranger is pretty decent, it's just a case of people being upset that it isn't something it's not.

• SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    The beastmaster is a little underwhelming maybe, but the other specializations are a lot of fun. I love my dragonborn Horizon Walker, and Gloomstalker is kinda crazy.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    The ranger at level 3 always picks up some kind of damage add of varying quality and contextual use.

The issue is that the beast master in particular suffers a bunch more contextual drawbacks than all the other archetypes.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Something else I have noticed, is that while the ranger gets a bunch of thematic and interesting non combat tricks at lower levels, they tend to have built-in limitations that cause them to become less effective against level appropriate challenges. Whether that is undefined interactions once flight becomes common or arbitrary restrictions that stop them working when magic is introduced.

In many ways Rangers are a 10 level class spread over 20 levels. When the game paradigm changes at higher levels, the Ranger largely carries on as before. Most of the high level abilities could be shuffled to lower levels and not feel out of place. The high level abilities are not really high level concepts. And while Rangers do get spells, the spells they get are generally fairly limited.

Caedwyr on
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    I'll repeat what I said in one of the other threads about rangers
    The problems with non-UA rangers (excluding beast mastery because that's got issues the whole way through) aren't frequently in the combat department but in the base class stuff. Favored Enemy and Natural Explorer are entirely dependent on campaign settings. You don't get on the same page as your DM or you have to change locals and they might as well not exist. Primeval Awareness is near useless. Land's Stride works on a very limited number of obstacles. Hide in Plain Site is full of caveats and in the end it only accomplishes half of what 2nd level spell does.

edited January 2019
    That's the funny thing is that most of their damage adds and combat capability are fairly consistent across most encounters and scenarios, it's all their utility that's super campaign/adventure specific. When in their elements they are fairly good, outside their element they are fighters with less combat capability, and few utility capabilities to make up for it.

Like the ranger's "thing" seems to be highly situational excessive usefulness

Sleep on
    I don't even think the beast master is that weak in terms of raw power at any level

So you get a CR 1/4 creature: Those are (ignoring CR 0 creatures)

Wolf, Panther, Mastiff, Giant Wolf Spider, Giant Frog, Giant Centepede, Giant Badger, Flying Snake, Boar.

Their attack bonuses aren't great but each one gets some advantage that makes it a lot better than it seems. Boars do bonus damage and knock prone on charges. Snakes, and Centepedes have Poison. Giant Badgers get multi-attack. Giant Frogs sometimes auto-grapple and can swallow. Panthers can knock prone and get bonus attacks on prone enemies when charging. Wolves get Pack Tactics and can knock prone...

Their damage at this level is good and continues to be decent to OK(needs a few buffs to attack) because they get your proficiency bonus to AC, Saves, and damage. (A wolf for instance will be hitting at +6 for 2d4+4 damage with a chance to knock prone and advantage on any attacks)

When you get extra attack you can then attack, and have your beast attack on the same turn. At level 7 you can attack, have your beast attack on the same turn, and use a bonus action to have your beast use the help action. At level 11 your beast attacks twice, gives advantage through a help action, and you get to attack.

At level 15 you can forgo the help action to cast attack spells and double them, like ensnaring strike.

wbBv3fj.png
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Their damage at this level is good and continues to be decent to OK(needs a few buffs to attack) because they get your proficiency bonus to AC, Saves, and damage. (A wolf for instance will be hitting at +6 for 2d4+4 damage with a chance to knock prone and advantage on any attacks)

Did the end up fixing that? From what I remember they get a bonus on "Saves they are proficient at", but non of them are proficient in any saves. I house rules it that they are proficient in their highest "good" and "bad" saves.

Offensively I think Animal companions are fine, but I think their defenses are lacking with no proficient saves, low HP, and low HD.

At level 5 it will have good AC assuming barding, but 20 HP, and his best save is DEX at +2.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
    I don't even think the beast master is that weak in terms of raw power at any level

So you get a CR 1/4 creature: Those are (ignoring CR 0 creatures)

Wolf, Panther, Mastiff, Giant Wolf Spider, Giant Frog, Giant Centepede, Giant Badger, Flying Snake, Boar.

Their attack bonuses aren't great but each one gets some advantage that makes it a lot better than it seems. Boars do bonus damage and knock prone on charges. Snakes, and Centepedes have Poison. Giant Badgers get multi-attack. Giant Frogs sometimes auto-grapple and can swallow. Panthers can knock prone and get bonus attacks on prone enemies when charging. Wolves get Pack Tactics and can knock prone...

When you get extra attack you can then attack, and have your beast attack on the same turn. At level 7 you can attack, have your beast attack on the same turn, and use a bonus action to have your beast use the help action. At level 11 your beast attacks twice, gives advantage through a help action, and you get to attack.

At level 15 you can forgo the help action to cast attack spells and double them, like ensnaring strike.

The big problem is survivability. The pet is regularly trivially easy to remove, and non trivial to replace.

You get a new pet every day roughly. So at the least its another 4 HP/level

wbBv3fj.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I can see a DM being like "well it doesn't make sense for you to get a replacement pet right now" an awful lot...

It also seems to go against the theme when you're replacing your companion weekly.

That was one change I really liked with the UA version of Beastmaster. You could use your ritual to bring the old pet back rather than tossing out the old and finding another patsy for you to use as cannon fodder.

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    A wolf has 18 hp when you get it at level 3 & 4, then lvl*4 afterwards. That's one fireball (average damage) and it's gone up till level 7. None of the ranger's companion animals are proficient in any saves so at the most they're rolling a +3 on any saving throws. Replacing the companion is left almost completely to DM fiat as the line from the PHB is
    If the beast dies, you can obtain another one by spending 8 hours magically bonding with another beast that isn't hostile to you, either the same type of beast as before or a different one.

and that 8 hours has to be spent bonding but conveniently doesn't say what bonding entails but implies that you can't be ordering it around during the bonding process. Or that the animal you want is even available. Not a lot of regular boars roaming round the Elemental Plain of Fire for instance, or at the bottom of a hive of undead.

Also, those other things that they can do require the target to fail a very low save (10-12) for nothing to happen.

The companion will in most eventualities be doing the same or less damage than you since it doesn't benefit from you casting Hunter's Mark or your Fighting Style. There's some gimmick builds out there like with the giant poisonous snake or velociraptor double dipping on the +prof to damage.

"Isn't hostile to you" basically gives a DM fiat to never allow you to get a dangerous animal ever again without you raising it from birth.

"Oh you knocked it out? Well it still doesn't like you!"

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Yeah but that would make that dm an asshole

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Yeah but that would make that dm an asshole

A depressing number of DMs don't understand that theirs isn't an adversarial position relative to the players!

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    So if you choose black bear to be your pet at Level 3, it's normal stats are like this

BLACK BUR
    AC 11
    HP 19 (3d8 + 6)
    SPD 40 Climb 30
    STR 15
    DEX 10
    CON 14
    INT 2
    WIS 12
    CHA 7

Keen Smell

Bite +3, 1d6 + 2
    Claws +3, 2d4 + 2

However with the companion bond ability its proficiency is your proficiency and it gets AC and damage equal to your proficiency so we have

AC 13
    HP 19
    Spd 40 Climb 30
    STR 15
    DEX 10
    CON 14
    INT 2
    WIS 12
    CHA 7

Keen Smell

Bite +4, 1d6 + 4
    Claws +4, 2d4 + 4

Then at 4 it gets an ASI so you can give it 16 STR, and at 5 it gets a proficiency bonus upgrade

BEAR
    AC 14
    HP 33
    Spd 40 Climb 30
    STR 16
    DEX 10
    CON 15
    INT 2
    WIS 12
    CHA 7

Keen Smell

Bite +6, 1d6 + 6
    Claws +6, 2d4 + 6

Not to mention it benefits from your favored enemy trait so if you choose ... humanoid or undead or whatever super common thing there is, you can get a guaranteed 8 damage on hit and get 2 hits a turn from the getting to attack as a reaction when the ranger hits.

Throw in that they're proficient in all saves and later have advantage on all of them and then even later that they have whirlwind and they never seemed super fragile or inert to me, and bear isn't even the best option.

So if you choose black bear to be your pet at Level 3, it's normal stats are like this

BLACK BUR
    AC 11
    HP 19 (3d8 + 6)
    SPD 40 Climb 30
    STR 15
    DEX 10
    CON 14
    INT 2
    WIS 12
    CHA 7

Keen Smell

Bite +3, 1d6 + 2
    Claws +3, 2d4 + 2

However with the companion bond ability its proficiency is your proficiency and it gets AC and damage equal to your proficiency so we have

AC 13
    HP 19
    Spd 40 Climb 30
    STR 15
    DEX 10
    CON 14
    INT 2
    WIS 12
    CHA 7

Keen Smell

Bite +4, 1d6 + 4
    Claws +4, 2d4 + 4

Then at 4 it gets an ASI so you can give it 16 STR, and at 5 it gets a proficiency bonus upgrade

BEAR
    AC 14
    HP 33
    Spd 40 Climb 30
    STR 16
    DEX 10
    CON 15
    INT 2
    WIS 12
    CHA 7

Keen Smell

Bite +6, 1d6 + 6
    Claws +6, 2d4 + 6

Not to mention it benefits from your favored enemy trait so if you choose ... humanoid or undead or whatever super common thing there is, you can get a guaranteed 8 damage on hit and get 2 hits a turn from the getting to attack as a reaction when the ranger hits.

Throw in that they're proficient in all saves and later have advantage on all of them and then even later that they have whirlwind and they never seemed super fragile or inert to me, and bear isn't even the best option.

That's the UA revised ranger, we're talking PHB ranger.

UA beastmaster seems okay to my untrained eyes.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    right, but the UA revised ranger says it's legal for adventurer's league play, it's your choice whether you want to use PHB ranger, which everyone has already concluded is super hot garbage, and revised ranger, content by WotC and okayed by them for AL, which is better in every way

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    right, but the UA revised ranger says it's legal for adventurer's league play, it's your choice whether you want to use PHB ranger, which everyone has already concluded is super hot garbage, and revised ranger, content by WotC and okayed by them for AL, which is better in every way

I thought it wasn’t legal and that Jeremy Crawford mentioned there’s no plan to officially print that version.

I don’t think anyone can say Revised Ranger is lackluster power wise.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    The ruling we have in our biweekly game for our Beast Master is when his animal companions "dies" it is actually just knocked out.

We basically treat them like Pokemon.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg

Right... but we're talking about how the PHB ranger gets a bad rap...

wbBv3fj.png
  • SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Unearthed Arcana is not Adventurers League legal. What a nightmare that would be.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
This discussion has been closed.