As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Ashe is now Live!

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    3 piece suit monocle tracer with hat tip emote and pulse bomb swapped to bag of money

9exi8vjv7j8z.png

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The work on the Chinese New Year skins is top quality. I just haven't seen any I thought were good for the game design. The Mei one from a couple years ago was okayish except for the weird back clipping issue.

Most of them change the model too much for me and if I could disable them in game so I'd just see defaults I definitely would.

Edit: They're not the only skins I wish I could disable. I'd kill for some way to define enemy color by more than just the outlines options ... which don't include white for some reason?

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Lunar New Year is best OW event

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    3 piece suit monocle tracer with hat tip emote and pulse bomb swapped to bag of money

9exi8vjv7j8z.png

i literally should be head overwatch game designer

mines now do 25 damage; they apply a debuff that triples the damage of the next midair grenade hit on that target if its within 1s of the mine hit, mines remove air control for 1second, junkrat passive has 10x bigger area and spawns 300 bombs, thank u game perfect

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Counterpoint: Concussion Mine now does 5 damage and its cooldown is doubled

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

counter counterpoint, junkrat is now a girl

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Riposte: trashmouse is no more.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Counter counter counterpoint, junkrat was always a girl

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Fuck, there's no worse game than QP OW, wow. I'd rather watch 20 hours of Trump trying to read Dostojewski than any more QP match

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Sorry to the PA'rs on Saturday night on PC who I grouped with. It's been close to two years since I last played and I was absolute garbage. I played for a few hours on Sunday evening and started to feel like I know what the hell I'm doing again.

I spent most of my time playing Moira and she's so much fun. I don't see myself playing any other support with much regularity. Being able to both effectively heal but also play aggressively is a blast. Mercy used to be my go to but she feels distinctly different and not in a good way.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Welcome to QP, where everyones a sniper and touching the payload doesn't matter.

For real though, we're only 2 slots away from teams full of snipers on both sides.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    Welcome to QP, where everyones a sniper and touching the payload doesn't matter.

For real though, we're only 2 slots away from teams full of snipers on both sides.

Well, 3 DPS snipers, 1 healer... how would you make a tank sniper?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    In quick play you don't get tanks, well, you do sometimes, but if there were 6 snipers I wouldn't expect tanks at all.

• Options
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I want a beard toss emote except none of the other skins actually have a beard long enough for physics

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I hate this new Bastion so much. Could you at least let Orisa's Halt work on him in turret mode?

• Options

Also
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I hate this new Bastion so much. Could you at least let Orisa's Halt work on him in turret mode?

Immobility is Sentry's blessing and curse. It makes sense that he's immobile but still open to all other CCs.

Maybe it doesn't make sense that Hook works actually...

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Hog is too strong to let a rooted turret best him.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Bastion's big brother. A giant Omnic with a railgun. The magnetic field from the railgun turns bullets and other projectiles away as it charges up, so the trick (both for the railgunner and the enemy) is to time attacks around the discharges.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    So I type to post "are this skin and Rein's skin both from 3 kingdoms?" and I wonder why I don't just google Zhang Fei and I google Zhang Fei and okay.

So imagine Torbjorn's the guy in black, Rein is the shopkeeper with the very long beard and Reaper is The Pale Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qqDYvEHc1o

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Taking damage should knock Bastion out of sentry

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Skinning a Bastion should aggro all other Bastions within 40 yards.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »

Bastion's big brother. A giant Omnic with a railgun. The magnetic field from the railgun turns bullets and other projectiles away as it charges up, so the trick (both for the railgunner and the enemy) is to time attacks around the discharges.

I contemplated giving you an @ when I wrote that post because I felt like it was right up your alley.

Cool idea.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Came back to this tonight, jumped into 2 competitive matches without any warmup

Proceeded to lose the first round as Winston, then started calling out strats and positioning while D.Va and ended up getting 5 shot caller endorsements when we won the match

Second match I go Tracer/Ashe and proceed to stomp them with three golds and 60% kill participation

I’m back baby

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Dispatch from the Department of Bad Ideas

Premise (not necessarily strongly held): Healing is too powerful overall in Overwatch. At high levels, the combination of multiple AoE healers (Lucio and Brigitte) with a main healer for spot-patches combined with three tanks forms a composition (GOATS) that succeeds through numerical superiority, with the main combat units starting with massive health pools and having massive amounts of regeneration into those health pools*.

Proposed Solution: The output of all healing abilities are halved. Healing abilities now grant a distinct regeneration health point type. We'll call it a "Regen HP". X seconds after being applied (1 to 3), a Regen HP turns into two normal HP. Regen HP are capped at half the difference between the character's max health and current health. The net effect is that healing is halved while actively taking damage, but functions at today's rates after 1 to 3 seconds of starting to heal out of battle.

Alternative Formulation: Borrow TF2's medigun attributes wholesale. Allies receive half healing for X seconds after taking damage, which ramps back up to full over the next Y seconds after that.

Either way, the goal is make healing weaker in active fire, which pushes the value of Supports toward the between-battle phases, or at least forces players to more intelligently use barriers and cover to get out of their recent-injury healing penalty in order to heal up.

* Legitimate response: the amount of coordination required to successfully run GOATS is well beyond the average player's experience, especially in solo queue. GOATS's dominance is mostly restricted to professional players, and its apparent persistence into the next patch can be attributed to professional players being especially conservative with their team-composition choices. Weakening Supports' healing output has the effect of making both Tank and Support players at most levels of play much less fun to play.

EDIT: Furthermore, one could easily argue that GOATS relies as much on Lucio's amped Speed Boost to address the composition's mobility issues; a GOATS without Lucio gives its enemies much more time to whittle down their barriers and charge ults.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    So I type to post "are this skin and Rein's skin both from 3 kingdoms?" and I wonder why I don't just google Zhang Fei and I google Zhang Fei and okay.

So imagine Torbjorn's the guy in black, Rein is the shopkeeper with the very long beard and Reaper is The Pale Man.

you're thinking of liu bei, their sworn brother in arms (and who will almost definitely be one of the other OW skins- maybe tracer even? they're both the 'heroes' of their stories and dual wield weapons)

reaper is lu bu, one of their first big adversaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJ84G7NS8w

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options

you're thinking of liu bei, their sworn brother in arms (and who will almost definitely be one of the other OW skins- maybe tracer even? they're both the 'heroes' of their stories and dual wield weapons)

reaper is lu bu, one of their first big adversaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJ84G7NS8w

Oh good. It was super wrong for Reaper to walk up after fisticuffs and be like "hey - you are two awesome dudes. Let us all be awesome together."

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    if you half healing you should half all damage. If i ever had the chance to change one thing in OW it would be that no one could die to one shot/ability. Make it more work to kill and be killed.

• Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    often overlooked Hammond superpower: enemies cannot tell which way he is facing in ball mode. I am 99% sure this Ashe had no idea I had seen her until it was too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZCOGuum6cI

• Options
    edited January 2019
    a frond suggested the song and thus this terrible idea for a clipshow was born...

guess im editing it

EDIT: jokes, youtube blocks it because the song is copyrighted. how can they block "it's raining men"??? "blocked in all territories" wowee 10 WHOLE MINUTES of editing down the drain

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »

Or just slap PPCs on all hardpoints and go

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ok that actualyl angered me enough i uploaded it to vimeo, viva la blizzworkd libre, etc

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ok that actualyl angered me enough i uploaded it to vimeo, viva la blizzworkd libre, etc

I do the exact same thing when YouTube blocks my shit. It's always the most obscure stuff, too. Searching The Desert For The Blues by Blind Willie McTell? Fuck you, says YouTube!

I'm at work so can't watch but I will watch asap.

Edit: k that was awesome.

Chance on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

TIL, trashmouse's deathbombs fall where he was killed not where his body ends up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Here's another random idea. You only get eliminations if you do over 50% of the damage.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

TIL, trashmouse's deathbombs fall where he was killed not where his body ends up.

Corpses are iirc client side and thus not the same for all players.

• Options
  • Options
    Now that's a Zen skin I could see myself using.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Okay yeah, I can definitely get behind that one.

Although yeah, it looks like there's only gonna be one legendary skin for the girls at most, if any. And there's plenty of awesome options from Three Kingdoms too, so that's kind of disappointing.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i predict

diaochan widowmaker

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.