As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    yeah I usually get an athene's on her, then zhonyas, and then redemption since it syngerizes with athene's so well

she can get blood charges really easily with puddle and the heal is like 100 less than the heal summoner spell, combined with aery you can save your carry even against physical damage. IDK if it's the best item for her, but I love it so. I usually rack up 2-3k healing with it by the end of the game.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    yeah I usually get an athene's on her, then zhonyas, and then redemption since it syngerizes with athene's so well

she can get blood charges really easily with puddle and the heal is like 100 less than the heal summoner spell, combined with aery you can save your carry even against physical damage. IDK if it's the best item for her, but I love it so. I usually rack up 2-3k healing with it by the end of the game.

Huh I’ll take a look at it, especially when I want magic resist. I usually play a damage build, although damage is never my goal; I just by default build AP. In a 30 min game I think I’ll usually have about 20k damage—but it all feels sort of incidental; my goal when hitting Q in a team fight is utility, not damage. I also couldn’t tell you how much of it is from building AP and how much is just base scaling. I think if I really wanted to protect my carry I’d probably build shit like Aegis and Knight’s Vow and just really go all in on that. As part of my current Morgana style, I’d instead consider ardent censer to enable them if they’re the only carry hope.

Probably in high level play you would build straight utility on her, but that isn’t my level of play so following pros for this wouldn’t necessarily help. I did play the glacial augment build earlier this season but I really felt the lack of Zhonya’s rush, so anything that isn’t Zhonya’s first item is probably a pass for me.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Sigh, I signed up for a DC-based LoL tournament through superleague this weekend and my team has 0 high elo people. Who precisely is expected to carry, here...I like to have some diamond player to pin my hopes on. As it is, maybe the plat4/plat4 botlane is supposed to carry ;_; Well, I know the jungler and he plays a mean Kayn and is also low plat, so maybe.

It's awesome that they managed to put together 6 full teams from only locals though. I'll let you guys know if it gets streamed!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Sounds like a job for the carry to be the support.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I played four games tonight.

Morgana AP support - we won and I topped damage charts due to the power of first item Ludens into Zhonya. AP Morgana support chunks people really hard. Her Q does so much damage at max rank.

Nasus top lane - I have to say, his buffs make him a monster split pusher. I faced two Rivens, and despite one of them getting two early kills on me, I still had a ton of stacks, and couldnt be stopped 1v1 once I picked up Trinity force. I think they may have over buffed him. When your behind as top lane but still throwing out Qs that hit for 600+ damage...

Darius - first game ever. I'm still unsure how to actually play this champion, but he is a lot of fun. No idea how to build him either. Went Trinity into tank gear.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    I did play a delightful game vs an all AP team as morg and leveled my shield first

My adc was unkillable!!

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I have no idea how to use black shield properly. Thankfully my team had a Yasuo, and whenever he dove I would shield him and Q whoever he had tornadoed

Also, my Yasuo hit is tornado. It was life changing

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Champion mastery is about to reset and in the first time in I don't know how long, I actually used all 4 chests in a week. Get so many A+''s in arams and only play a few champs in ranked. The last 6 months of the season I just played the same champ mid and top, karthus, heh.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Champion mastery is about to reset and in the first time in I don't know how long, I actually used all 4 chests in a week. Get so many A+''s in arams and only play a few champs in ranked. The last 6 months of the season I just played the same champ mid and top, karthus, heh.

It still only recovers one per week, for what it's worth.

Actually, when you first typed that I thought you meant they were resetting champion mastery levels / points and was about to be quite annoyed.

In actual personal accomplishments, I've been spamming* Ivern and Cassiopeia in Nexus Blitz. Although Ivern doesn't have a passive there, he's legit and a lot of fun with the kiting people around with Daisy. My proudest almost-accomplishment was beating two people in Prize Fight and almost getting the other team's last person (I was last on my team, and yes the previous duo hadn't killed either of the other two). Cass is just really bonkers with damage...I'm not surprised she's getting nerfs on the PBE, but Blitz helps in that she can avoid laning phase by jungling (and the jungling item is good for topping off mana on a random camp).

* (I think both were at M2 before I started and are now both at M4, if that tells you anything.)

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »

It still only recovers one per week, for what it's worth.

Actually, when you first typed that I thought you meant they were resetting champion mastery levels / points and was about to be quite annoyed.

In actual personal accomplishments, I've been spamming* Ivern and Cassiopeia in Nexus Blitz. Although Ivern doesn't have a passive there, he's legit and a lot of fun with the kiting people around with Daisy. My proudest almost-accomplishment was beating two people in Prize Fight and almost getting the other team's last person (I was last on my team, and yes the previous duo hadn't killed either of the other two). Cass is just really bonkers with damage...I'm not surprised she's getting nerfs on the PBE, but Blitz helps in that she can avoid laning phase by jungling (and the jungling item is good for topping off mana on a random camp).

* (I think both were at M2 before I started and are now both at M4, if that tells you anything.)

I love Ivern. You get to walk around the rift being a ball of troll. Also he's the goofiest thing ever.

Love him.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Oh hey, a dev diary talking a bit about the upcoming position ranks system.

https://youtu.be/tydJwdQRMqs

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

Going to watch this later, but when is the system/season 9 starting?

• Options
    How do chests recover each week?

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Going to watch this later, but when is the system/season 9 starting?
    January 24 I believe

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    Also, super stoked the LEC, LCS and Academy are back on <3

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular

They just...do? You get a timer that counts down one week from when you first cleared the box (if you had all 4). But it only resets for individual champions every season. I'm not sure what's being asked, exactly.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I first picked Yi for some fun. Walked away from the computer and came back to the loading screen.

"Ugh! I hate lulu"

"Oh wait, Lulu is on my team. I love Lulu!"

The ups and downs of LoL.

• Options
    Ivellius wrote: »

They just...do? You get a timer that counts down one week from when you first cleared the box (if you had all 4). But it only resets for individual champions every season. I'm not sure what's being asked, exactly.

oh gotcha, I wasn't aware of the weekly thing, just that they reset every season

• Options
    On LEC:
    what is going on with these picks?!?! Karth JG, Cass/Viktor/ZoE BOT picks.....amazing! <3 this game

• Options
    Love seeing karthus get pro play as long as they don't get my main nerfed.

• Options
    edited January 2019

Local LoL tournament, mid-elo, tryhard but teams were just made like yesterday so no one's played together yet

My team inexplicably has a bye and is playing the winner of this, but if you like watching more homebrewed tournaments rather than full professional mode, this might be fun.

edit: you guys especially might appreciate the shoutcaster because he is the world's #1 Ivern fan, not that anyone is playing Ivern right now

credeiki on
  • Options
    If I'm not playing karthus mid or top I'm probably in an aram, and I've played a lot of aram. I hit a dead end long ago not getting 's on any new champions, and have 4 boxes always stockpiled. Finally as the season ends I deplete.my stockpile of 4, and immediately after getting a new one I get an S on Mundo that included a pentakill.

Mundo goes where he pleases indeed.

• Options
    Karthus is getting more and more play. Just got played mid even!
    and imo kind of won the game. Scaled up, ults before a team fight, everyone is at half health, they clean up. They were behind the whole game

If pro's get my main nerfed I'm going to be unhappy. Hell, he's possibly getting solo que play and bans now. My whole climb to gold I never once faced a karthus ban.

• Options
    Hmmm played two games of jungle karthus since I one tricked him to gold.

FIrst game salty teamates, no leash, top ints, I die at red, fuck league.

2nd game, get a leash, farm jungle, start off 9/3/3. Loving life. Was a 44 minute game though and ended up 25/15/18 or something like that.

Jungle karthus is really fun! Ganks kind of suck, farm of jungle is sickly quick although you get low on HP, and being able to just pve and hit r is just silly. As long as your lanes aren't stupid and feed it seems pretty good. I actually had most farm for a little bit, and karthus ganks aren't bad if you hit a wall. Hit a wall and the q chain basically guarantees a kill on a gank.

• Options
    Also is the VOD missions bugged? I got the icon for the first one , but I've never seen my progress go up

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Just played my first game of League in... like five years

Sej jungle, 0/6/8, but we won because early on I helped bot lane and got Vayne rolling and later on I tried (with mixed results) to peel for her

That is about what I expected

I am amused that there's an Iron tier below Bronze but at least I'm Iron 1 lol

• Options
    And now, a new entry from the "Riot has too much money" files:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5Ddo9JdpY

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Oh my god this video is cool as shit

Camille hunting Jhin is the best thing ever and is just really perfect aesthetically and for the sense of both of their characters

I'm glad the team has branched out from always featuring the same couple iconic champions from previous videos, too.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Finished my 8 placement games as Sej, went 4/4; splitting fences as always

Ended up Bronze III, but only just barely. Debating now whether or not that scratched the itch to play again or if I want to play some more today. I'd like to play some Leona, I think.

Rius on
  • Options
    Yesss my girl karma saves the day

• Options
    Also is the VOD missions bugged? I got the icon for the first one , but I've never seen my progress go up

it's gotta be. I'm not getting any more progress either.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Oh my god this video is cool as shit

Camille hunting Jhin is the best thing ever and is just really perfect aesthetically and for the sense of both of their characters

I'm glad the team has branched out from always featuring the same couple iconic champions from previous videos, too.

I somehow always forget that our aesthetics overlap significantly, the Camille and Jihn was perfect.

Also Kennen ftw

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    I don't play either but the camille and jhin scene was the best by far

just camille walking along (making knife leg sounds) surrounded by tech police was awesome

• Options
    I don't play either but the camille and jhin scene was the best by far

just camille walking along (making knife leg sounds) surrounded by tech police was awesome

Yeah it really conveys this steampunk police state thing that's great, and then there's Jhin just being perfectly calm and totally insane; I just love it

My goal right now is to farm lootboxes before the reset; I have 3 available. What does it take to get an S on Ezreal! Also--I haven't ever really played him before this month, but actually I'm really enjoying it. Since his rework, his VO became somewhat less annoying, so that's no longer a barrier for me. I actually feel quite comfortable taking him ranked (flex) into any matchup.

• Options
    Also it taking a full five-man team to actually kill a Sion totally tracks.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    My favorite thing about LoL is how (mostly) everyone's a critic/better than you, even though we're all in Bronze man, ain't none of us very good yet

But keep yelling at me about how I'm missing my Soraka Qs, lol, that'll help

I've learned from what made me quit 5 years ago, though; I leave all chat off and the instant someone on the team goes negative, they get muted. I ain't got time for that shit anymore.

also my dog gets nervous and slinks out of the room if I get visibly/audibly upset, so I try to keep it on the chill for his sake

Rius on
  • Options
    A game as Sona went much better, she's a lot more brainless

Plus I have Arcade Sona and DJ Sona kicking around from back in the day so I can be fly

• Options
    Ah finally: https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2957926024/203490857?tab=overview

I actually might keep playing Ezreal, though. His playstyle is really fun, even though you generally end up being a bit of a blob early, unable to waveclear or do damage with just a tear.

@Rius another tip that helps me not tilt is that when I'm playing badly, I preemptively mute everyone and don't even wait for the first salty comment. Then if I recover I might unmute everyone. Also mute pings, sometimes--one thing that was added to the culture/interface since you last played is that everyone will spam ping You: Alive or You: Dead when they want to point out some flaw (in addition to the ubiquitous question mark ping) and it's annoyingggggggggg

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    Ah finally: https://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2957926024/203490857?tab=overview

I actually might keep playing Ezreal, though. His playstyle is really fun, even though you generally end up being a bit of a blob early, unable to waveclear or do damage with just a tear.

@Rius another tip that helps me not tilt is that when I'm playing badly, I preemptively mute everyone and don't even wait for the first salty comment. Then if I recover I might unmute everyone. Also mute pings, sometimes--one thing that was added to the culture/interface since you last played is that everyone will spam ping You: Alive or You: Dead when they want to point out some flaw (in addition to the ubiquitous question mark ping) and it's annoyingggggggggg

He was always one of my favorite ADC''s to play when I would play it. And an absolute blast in aram. Late game you're hitting all.the buttons and doing all the damage.

• Options
    Yeah the ping spam sure is something

At least it's easy to pull up the scoreboard and shut people up

Which is a shame, because pinging off the scoreboard is super handy. There have been a lot of nice QoL improvements.