As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARFRAME] Dead thread is dead byeeeeeeeeee

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Mortious wrote: »
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide what to focus on next, now that I've finished War Within and gotten to Sedna and Eris.

I've thought about building out Dread or Hek to improve my ability to contribute to level 50+ content without relying on Valkyr so much as a crutch, but I haven't actually used that many weapons, so maybe it's premature. Plus I don't have Hell's Chamber, Scattered Justice, or any toxic mod for Hek.

I guess what I really need more than anything is slots so I can experiment more liberally with stuff, but my platinum value is mostly tied up in excess Nova chasses that will be worth more after she's vaulted and random uncommons that I don't know how to sell efficiently.

I also need to farm toxic mods from Eris and Ivara parts from Spy missions, and I think it's possible to get some somewhat valuable mods from those, so I could try that first. I wouldn't really have room for for Ivara even if I got her, though.

Ivara has a fun kit to play with.

As long as you make sure to get all 3 vaults per run, it should only take you ~2-3 runs per piece.

Do not do the spy missions on Uranus though. Fuck that planet.

Note, it can take significantly more. I lost count of my Rosalind runs somewhere around 70, after which I still spent a few days doing it before giving up and just buying Ivara. I have fifteen plus frames I leveled up on nothing but Rosalind runs.

And personally, I found Rosalind, Uranus, to be the simplest place to farm Spy. It's Grineer, which is easier than corpus, and the waterwing vaults are always literally the same, not even the enemy placement changes, so once you understand the process there is zero chance of failure.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I think Warframe is the only game that punishes you for seven days for committing the offense of playing with other players.

?

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I'm trying to decide what to focus on next, now that I've finished War Within and gotten to Sedna and Eris.

I've thought about building out Dread or Hek to improve my ability to contribute to level 50+ content without relying on Valkyr so much as a crutch, but I haven't actually used that many weapons, so maybe it's premature. Plus I don't have Hell's Chamber, Scattered Justice, or any toxic mod for Hek.

I guess what I really need more than anything is slots so I can experiment more liberally with stuff, but my platinum value is mostly tied up in excess Nova chasses that will be worth more after she's vaulted and random uncommons that I don't know how to sell efficiently.

I also need to farm toxic mods from Eris and Ivara parts from Spy missions, and I think it's possible to get some somewhat valuable mods from those, so I could try that first. I wouldn't really have room for for Ivara even if I got her, though.

As long as you make sure to get all 3 vaults per run, it should only take you ~2-3 runs per piece.

Incorrect. DO NOT expect to get her that quickly or you will become sad.

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I think the Uranus tileset is my least favourite so far.

Speaking of new Frames, I have both Oberon Prime and Nyx Prime cooking right now, what's the simplest way to level up fresh Frames?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I finally reached that archwing rush mission that one guy (I don't remember who it was) was talking about so many pages back. Originally I was thinking "It can't be THAT bad" ... famous last words. I have failed that mission at least 20 times now. I followed the advice ... took it slow and killed all the magnet things, speed on the straightaways and was barely getting halfway to the dock. I just have a couple of things to vent about:

1. Lotus ... your ass can't start me closer to where the actual transport ships are huh. Yeah, start me all the way on the other side of the map ... AND I have to catch them ... LULZ.
    2. Okay ... so I can't fly outside the ship too huh. I gotta find my way through a freakin maze with no map ... ROTL.
    3. Oh and by the way yeah ... drop me in with like 2 minutes to cover 12000 miles (Yes I know its meters but it might as well be miles)
    4. And the worst part ... it's only like 30 seconds max between the first and last transport leaving. I'm supposed to stop them ... How?

I finally get there where I suppose the dock is before the last ship leaves and I'm now disoriented with no marker pointing me towards my objective. Cool. I know it's doable but I'm feeling like I'm fighting against the map, time, mines, and Lotus here.

Not to mention my Internet still sucks. Well, the silver lining my ISP is supposed to be upgrading us to fiber this week. Let's see if my game that keeps kicking me out every hour on the hour is going to continue to do this after the upgrade. I'm burnt out right now. Archwing rush can kiss my balls and lick my boongie hole tonight ... I'll try again tomorrow.

@dipuc4life Have you built the Itzal archwing? I wasn't able to even get close on that mission until I built myself an Itzal.

Hellbore wrote: »

Speaking of new Frames, I have both Oberon Prime and Nyx Prime cooking right now, what's the simplest way to level up fresh Frames?

I usually jump in easy Alerts and Lith Relic runs a lot.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Note, it can take significantly more. I lost count of my Rosalind runs somewhere around 70, after which I still spent a few days doing it before giving up and just buying Ivara. I have fifteen plus frames I leveled up on nothing but Rosalind runs.

And personally, I found Rosalind, Uranus, to be the simplest place to farm Spy. It's Grineer, which is easier than corpus, and the waterwing vaults are always literally the same, not even the enemy placement changes, so once you understand the process there is zero chance of failure.

Well you need to get all 3 vaults for even a chance I believe.

The next planet on from Uranus is also a Grineer tileset iirc. And almost every vault is pretty much a zero chance of failure once you know the vault.

There's only one vault that I need a specific weapon or warframe to complete without triggering the alarm. It's the one with the two drones that patrol into side rooms. Much easier if I have a way to one-shot them or invis past.

Just navigating the Uranus tileset is a pain though, and I avoid it whenever possible.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Hellbore wrote: »

At your place in progression just after Second Dream, it's probably the Defense mission on Saturn. Grineer, small map, and people will typically stick around for more than one wave because they are also leveling or farming Orokin Cells.

Once you reach Sedma, the Defense mission there becomes the ultimate leveling place; same faction and tile set, but higher levels.

If defense missions are boring you, next would be Interception on Sedna or (non Dark Sector) Eris. The spread-out nature means you're not getting as much shared XP, but since they are the fastest way to grind Axi relics most groups will go 4 waves before people start bailing. As mentioned above, Endless Fissure missions are also a good alternative, because most people cracking relics outside of a radshare are doing it for trace and will want to stick around for a bit.

Finally, the Dark Sector Excavation on Pluto is popular, not only as a way to farm XP and relics, but also Crytoic, because nearly all the things that use Crytoic require a fuckton of it.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    I wish more people in the clan hung out on the PA Discord server. I really don't like going back to Vent anymore.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Actually, here's a more specific question about trade value:

People who buy prime junk do it mostly for the ducat value. Uncommons have triple the ducat value of commons. So one would expect junk uncommons to be more valuable on the market than junk commons. But I have not seen anybody draw this distinction ever. Am I missing something here? Does everything really just go into the "five pieces of prime junk" grab bag interchangeably?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Actually, here's a more specific question about trade value:

People who buy prime junk do it mostly for the ducat value. Uncommons have triple the ducat value of commons. So one would expect junk uncommons to be more valuable on the market than junk commons. But I have not seen anybody draw this distinction ever. Am I missing something here? Does everything really just go into the "five pieces of prime junk" grab bag interchangeably?

it depends on the seller. some people define junk as any prime stuff they don't need. I've picked up even get rare from buying prime junk.

I know if I'm buying in bulk and a guy drops all uncommons, I'm only doing one trade with them.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular

Is that really the case? Grineer vaults seem way trickier to me, since you can't just take Limbo and sprint through 90% of them. I guess if you're using invisibility you can do something similar, though.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the pillar vault and the underwater shafts with turbines vault on the sealab tileset are some of the worst, don't do uranus spy missions if you can avoid it imo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

Imagine a giant gif of me laughing and then crying. I finally bought her after the 30th or so Lua spy.

steam_sig.png
    the pillar vault and the underwater shafts with turbines vault on the sealab tileset are some of the worst, don't do uranus spy missions if you can avoid it imo

Turbines vault is easy, just slow; get a fluctus, use the punch through to hit the 4 engine things at the corner of each fan from a safe spot to disable them and not get sucked or blown into a laser field.

Pillar vault is a bigger pain, that's true. but if you are bringing a 'frame that has actual invisiblity like Loki, the smart thing to do is ignore flooding the place altogether and just bullet jump your way to the top.

As for the last one, there is a vent on top of the hill of pipes to your right when you first enter the room. Just a couple of laser traps and you are in the chamber where the console is.

steam_sig.png
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Yeah. The pillar vault is easy with Loki. Or with Flow-boosted Wukong for that matter (I'm just a little cload, floating to the top).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    I think Warframe is the only game that punishes you for seven days for committing the offense of playing with other players.

?

the nidus cyst maybe?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

Turbines vault is easy, just slow; get a fluctus, use the punch through to hit the 4 engine things at the corner of each fan from a safe spot to disable them and not get sucked or blown into a laser field.

Pillar vault is a bigger pain, that's true. but if you are bringing a 'frame that has actual invisiblity like Loki, the smart thing to do is ignore flooding the place altogether and just bullet jump your way to the top.

As for the last one, there is a vent on top of the hill of pipes to your right when you first enter the room. Just a couple of laser traps and you are in the chamber where the console is.

Wait. You can flood the Pillar room?

I've had Ivara since christmas 2017 where she was one of the daily deals. And I only started playing seriously at the start of 2018 so I have been lazy in all spy missions and used Ivara.

I imagin the Pillar room being a bit harder with Loki since your stealth is on a timer.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    Nought wrote: »
    I imagin the Pillar room being a bit harder with Loki since your stealth is on a timer.

It's not. With a long duration and good jumping you can take all of it in one duration. If you don't then there are plenty of good hiding spots.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Well I haven't really seriously played Warframe in a long time now, I'm kind of in a holding pattern logging in for daily rewards and I'm not sure why I'm doing that. Other games to play, other things going on.

Does anyone else playing on Switch want guild administrator rights?

Or if no one else wants it, I have no problem with someone @ing me or PMing me here if anything needs to be done.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, so, I just cycle through Uranus-Neptune-Pluto-Sedna spy missions once a day. Still dont' have her Neuroptics. :|

Speaking of really fucking stupid grinds, after a friend bought Atlas for me and I gave up on doing Jordas Precept, the blueprint for the stupid McGuffin you need to advance the quest FINALLY dropped...

... only for the rest of my team to completely bungle the Rescue mission we were on and lost us the rewards. V:

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Told you it would drop when you werent looking. 😋

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Told you it would drop when you werent looking. 😋

AND THEN I DIDN'T GET IT AT ALL D: BECAUSE OF GROSS INCOMPETENCE

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Speaking of stupid RNG rates I'm trying to get Sharpened Claws and Swipe to drop. I've killed at least a hundred Hyekkas (with Nekros no less) but nothing.

I'm beginning to wonder if hyekka spawned from a master only count for drops the first time or something.

I also realized today that even the sparse regular ghouls on PoE don't drop the Hunter mods, so that's another wait until the next ghoul or plaguestar event.

It sounds weird, but being able to get focus actually makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something even if I don't actually find any of the stuff I'm looking for.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Unless I'm getting it confused, the uranus spy mission is super easy as long as you know you can shoot and disable the underwater vacuum stuff, and using Loki you can teleport across the room with the long corridor and moving sensor beams. The last room you just gotta take your time initially. The whole run is pretty quick once you've got the room down.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Finally worked up the nerve to try out sorties. I did the ones yesterday and today, and got scultures for my trouble. I guess that's a...common...experience, though.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Finally worked up the nerve to try out sorties. I did the ones yesterday and today, and got scultures for my trouble. I guess that's a...common...experience, though.
    Hey, it's good endo.

cB557 wrote: »
    Hey, it's good endo.

Plat too, as they are tradeable.

steam_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

Yeah don't go in expecting anything great, and you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get something decent. You're mostly going to see riven and sculptures.

Because this is the drop table:
    Anasa Ayatan Sculpture - 28.00%
    Riven Mod - 27.90%
    4,000x Endo - 12.10%
    6,000x Kuva - 12.00%
    3-Day Booster - 9.81%
    Exilus Adapter - 2.50%
    Forma - 2.50%
    Orokin Catalyst Blueprint - 2.50%
    Orokin Reactor Blueprint - 2.50%
    Legendary Core - 0.18%

I got a Kitgun Riven mod today. Those are supposed to be relatively sought-after, yes? I just need to do a 30+ exterminate with a hobbled key, without being spotted. Ivara? Or maybe Banshee?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    Figgy wrote: »

Yeah don't go in expecting anything great, and you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get something decent. You're mostly going to see riven and sculptures.

Riven Mod - 27.90%
    4,000x Endo - 12.10%
    6,000x Kuva - 12.00%
    3-Day Booster - 9.81%
    Exilus Adapter - 2.50%
    Forma - 2.50%
    Legendary Core - 0.18%

I got a Kitgun Riven mod today. Those are supposed to be relatively sought-after, yes? I just need to do a 30+ exterminate with a hobbled key, without being spotted. Ivara? Or maybe Banshee?

Ivara. Note that "Spotted" means full alert (i.e. enemies actually shooting at you) just being aware of someone out there killing their buddies isn't enough to fail it.

steam_sig.png
    Id hold on to it unless you have a few k of plat laying around.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Well I haven't really seriously played Warframe in a long time now, I'm kind of in a holding pattern logging in for daily rewards and I'm not sure why I'm doing that. Other games to play, other things going on.

Or if no one else wants it, I have no problem with someone @ing me or PMing me here if anything needs to be done.

@UncleSporky try giving it to @Jothki ?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Riven Mod - 27.90%
    4,000x Endo - 12.10%
    6,000x Kuva - 12.00%
    3-Day Booster - 9.81%
    Exilus Adapter - 2.50%
    Forma - 2.50%
    Legendary Core - 0.18%

And yet somehow I have never earned an adapter, forma, or either blueprint. But I did get a legendary core. Took my primed pressure points from 0-100 real quick.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Is that really the case? Grineer vaults seem way trickier to me, since you can't just take Limbo and sprint through 90% of them. I guess if you're using invisibility you can do something similar, though.

Yeah. Corpus vauls sometimes have like a corpus dude around a corner or something. But also keep in mind I was running this on rank zero frames to level them up in order to at least get something out of these runs - the much more manageable grineer enemies meant that I could go through the entire stage without tripping an alarm by just bringing the naked frame and a Dread. The Uranus tileset is a lot flatter and corridor-based than trying to do it on Sedna, which meant a lot less chances to get spotted by an enemy I didn't see and murked between vaults, and it's not corpus so no cameras you didn't notice either.

No invisibility either, the vaults just always work the exact same and if you take the same route there is never a chance for anything to see you inside a vault.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.

@UncleSporky try giving it to Jothki ?

Giving me too much power would be a terrible idea, I'd be too tempted to actually use it.

• NoughtNought Registered User regular

@UncleSporky try giving it to Jothki ?

Giving me too much power would be a terrible idea, I'd be too tempted to actually use it.

https://youtu.be/Z17rrnRRHDM

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Id hold on to it unless you have a few k of plat laying around.

What do you mean?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    So what is a quick way of bum rushing through the remaining 1/8th of MR10 and all the way through MR11 to get to MR12? I want that specifically because I finally managed to get all the parts and bps needed dor both Sybaris and Rubico Primes only to realize that they both require MR12. Sigh. Also, does re ranking a weapon to rank 30 give MR experience? I ask because I formad my Ignis Wealth for a slot and am powering thru that up using the Onslaught thing.

Inaros is finally in the oven and my Lanka, Arca Plasmor, and Tara should be ready when I get home in 5 hours. Still trying out frames to decided which I really want to through a potato on. So far I threwbone into Rhino and Nezha, and I got Trinity Prime and Umbra that came with one... and I got around 6 reactors left. Course I also got like 8 catalysts left after Hek, Ignis Wealth, and my Is this Prime. Sad thing is I used one on Hek and I am a skip away from Vaylor Hek right now. Worth it? I did get get through most of the starchart using it.

All this without yet getting the Twitch Prime resource boosters yet... waiting til Friday for it to not waste time usage because I got real life crap taking up most of Wednesday and Thursday.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
    So what is a quick way of bum rushing through the remaining 1/8th of MR10 and all the way through MR11 to get to MR12? I want that specifically because I finally managed to get all the parts and bps needed dor both Sybaris and Rubico Primes only to realize that they both require MR12. Sigh. Also, does re ranking a weapon to rank 30 give MR experience? I ask because I formad my Ignis Wealth for a slot and am powering thru that up using the Onslaught thing.

Inaros is finally in the oven and my Lanka, Arca Plasmor, and Tara should be ready when I get home in 5 hours. Still trying out frames to decided which I really want to through a potato on. So far I threwbone into Rhino and Nezha, and I got Trinity Prime and Umbra that came with one... and I got around 6 reactors left. Course I also got like 8 catalysts left after Hek, Ignis Wealth, and my Is this Prime. Sad thing is I used one on Hek and I am a skip away from Vaylor Hek right now. Worth it? I did get get through most of the starchart using it.

All this without yet getting the Twitch Prime resource boosters yet... waiting til Friday for it to not waste time usage because I got real life crap taking up most of Wednesday and Thursday.

Warframes, Archwings, K-Drives, Companions (Sentinels, Moas, Kavats and Kubrows) earn you the most Mastery points (6000 when you level it up from 0 to 30 the first time).
    Weapons (of all kind) is the second biggest source of xp with 3000 per weapon.
    Doing maps and junctions for the first time will also give you more points (although not as much. Missions will only yield an average of 65xp and junctions will give you 1000).

To get from 10 to 12 you need 110,000xp. If you did it purely through weapons it would be 37 new weapons

It means if you have any it means if you have any desire to use that type of weapon, don't sell. You can always reroll your statistics.