As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yo I got this on the PS4 over the holidays and am just starting to try seasonal play for the first time

I barely know what is going on TBH but the journey objective stuff seems like a clear enough path to follow for now?

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    What the fuck

I thought the Monk Wave of Light (Sunwuko) build was insane. This Natalya Rain of Vengeance build is ludicrous. I feel a twinge of guilt melting everything, like I’m committing some kind of video game genocide.

Have you tried combining it with a 4 pc Marauders? I'm seeing damage numbers in the tens of billions with no real effort to minmax gear.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I currently have a Nats FoK build that even though I am still in the process of getting to L25 on gems can already hit 300B on a CoE, but only once per cycle. RoV itself goes up 30B every few secs.

Missing a Restraint as the last key item.

Tricky to play though, managing 2 resources and 3 CDs and watching the CoE clock.

That said, I ended up in a 70 grift 4man which showed me I'm not quite ready to solo that.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm also FoKing as much as possible.

Basically, it's a lot of Strafing, Rain of Vengeancing, and FoKing.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    m!ttens wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    What the fuck

I thought the Monk Wave of Light (Sunwuko) build was insane. This Natalya Rain of Vengeance build is ludicrous. I feel a twinge of guilt melting everything, like I’m committing some kind of video game genocide.

Have you tried combining it with a 4 pc Marauders? I'm seeing damage numbers in the tens of billions with no real effort to minmax gear.

I have not. I'll look into that.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Got from level 55 to Paragon 25 today on my Wizard. I got a wand that makes my Arcane Orb do 444% extra damage and explodes twice, and a focus that gives it 396% extra stacking up to 3 times when I use my Signature Spells. All the sudden I'm doing 20 million damage and I was only level 65

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    What's the best way to level a fresh Seasonal character? I read to play bounties on Expert but I can barely kill grey enemies this way. I've dropped to Normal bounties for now (lvl 26 currently) but it doesn't seem to be levelling me any faster than just playing the campaign. Am I missing something?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Try just doing some rifts. There’s usually XP pools, and a somewhat decent chance you’ll find some legendaries.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    What's the best way to level a fresh Seasonal character? I read to play bounties on Expert but I can barely kill grey enemies this way. I've dropped to Normal bounties for now (lvl 26 currently) but it doesn't seem to be levelling me any faster than just playing the campaign. Am I missing something?

Join the "season powerleveling" community, say you're looking for a PL in chat and hope someone throws you an invite, or ask for a PL in clan chat. Going from 1-70 on your own is the worst part of the game in my opinion.

steam_sig.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I got all the pieces working and the FoK delete button is real.
    I did 1T damage to a rift guardian, no pylons. (But with a 30s stack on FoK because of elite draught, but still)

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Unless you get a really good drop or have a twinked character, Hard difficulty is the best balance of bonus XP to increased monster health for leveling 1-70.

forty on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Unless you get a really good drop or have a twinked character, Hard difficulty is the best balance of bonus XP to increased monster health for leveling 1-70.

I think it depends on class too. I found Demon Hunter to be terribly weak at level 1 and so I started on normal, whereas my Necro probably could have done hard or expert.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Not sure if I'm super jazzed about Barbarian. I'm level 44, so it's early to judge since I don't have all the abilities and runes. But after playing Wizard, having to run around and get in melee range seems weird to me. I kind of miss being able to just beam everything.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I also made a Barbarian this season, and I kind of feel the same way. Everything feels so slow, and I feel like my abilities don't hit as many enemies as I'd like. I don't think there's a power issue or anything, Barbarians have builds that are highly-rated by the community (and anyway, I'm only in the 20s, so not anywhere near an actual build), but it just feels less good to me.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    If you're by yourself, I think the fastest way to level is jumping into Hard and hitting the zones with huge density (like Act 1, Dungeon Level 3, whatever it's called.... the one with the Butcher).
    Then you just try and get as high of a massacre bonus as you can get. Always leave a couple enemies alive to follow you, because the massacre timer keeps resetting as long as you're hitting bad guys, you don't necessarily have to kill them. So use a few to help you walk between packs without it resetting.

Mind you, this will get incredibly tedious, very quickly, running the same area over and over and over and over again. So your mileage may vary if that's worth the cost of shaving a couple/few hours off your leveling time.

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    Trying a WD for the first time with the season, and it does level up really fast. Got the Haedrig's gifts knocked out relatively quickly which took me up to torment 9-ish. Then I managed to get lucky on some item gambles and switched to Jade Harvester build. That immediately took me to torment 13 and GR64, even with several suboptimal pieces stuck in there.

Did they buff the drop rate on ancient items? I got like 4 ancients, including my hellfire amulet, even before I had the full haedrigs knocked out, so would have been in like torment 2-4.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    eMoander wrote: »
    Did they buff the drop rate on ancient items?
    Nope.

Septus wrote: »
    forty wrote: »

I think it depends on class too. I found Demon Hunter to be terribly weak at level 1 and so I started on normal, whereas my Necro probably could have done hard or expert.
    I suppose so. If you're not trivially killing things on Normal, then bumping up to Hard might not be worthwhile. Monsters have 2x health but give 1.75x XP. If you get to the point where you're one shotting smaller mobs and not struggling at all, it's generally worth going up to Hard. I imagine for some classes it might take some gear upgrades before hitting that point.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Hey I noticed the darkening of Tristram thing was still going. I don't believe I've ever done it. Is it worth doing?

50433.png?1708759015
    It's kind of fun to check out and play through once. In the end you're still just playing Diablo 3, but if you're into nerdpoints or cosmetics, there are some to be had.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Hey I noticed the darkening of Tristram thing was still going. I don't believe I've ever done it. Is it worth doing?

It's a fun nostalgia trip, but reward wise it's not too important. Some cosmetic stuff, a few achievements.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    I know I may be beating a dead horse at this point, but where would I be able to find a group to push 2-4p grifts? I've been at making a support monk for maybe 5 seasons hoping someone will jump in, but I'm just having no luck finding someone.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Look in communities for Greater Riftings. Advertise in there. I've been doing the same the last few seasons with znec but never gotten to use it. Unable to play as much as i'd like this season due to reasons. :/

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    N6M4 is even more fun than it already was!

Once you have 3 Marauders (1 has to be shoulders), zoey’s, bombardiers, an enforcer gem, and a cubed manticore you should be able to get started. Pretty standard rolls, except Resource Cost Reduction in place of the usual cooldown rolls, with topaz in helm.

Cluster arrow- loaded for bear (fire) and cubed cindercoat is easier on hatred, but CA-maelstrom (cold) can feel a little better... the cold version shifts your damage to rockets (so you take ballistics passive) the will leech some life back for you.

You can copy from my profile, except... apparently I left ballistics on even though I’m currently using the fire version, woops.
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Noggin-1936/hero/3223963

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    unknown.png

Of course.

If anyone actually gets a useful Primal Ancient for their guaranteed one at GR 70 please post it.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Zero got useful primals!!!

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So thanks to @E.Coyote I got to 70 last night. Then today a nice rando GR'd me till I was out of keys and I got about 200 paragon levels. My gear feels like poop still though and I'm not sure I can handle Torment I yet, and if I do it'll be slow going. Any suggestions on my build? I followed some Demon Hunter 16 build but I'm not too sure about it.

Me

50433.png?1708759015
    I got a Shi Mizu which is, according to Rhykker at least, part of the best push build for Natalya FoK.

As someone who plays D3 as a relaxing game to make demons explode, I'll never equip that.
    But if I paid a lot of attention it could've been useful.

I may transition to N6M4 to see what it's like, though many of pieces for it are much worse compared to M6 FoK at the moment (awful Pledge/Rose, bad Rucksack, 4 bad natty rings I currently don't have to wear)

My FoK was surprisingly able to survive GR90 out of random grifting. Wasn't contributing significant damage though.

Shi Mizu FoK build assumes you never let yourself take environmental damage or stand in the bad things. Too high stress for me at the best of times.

I got a few Shi Mizu's - I'll have to look into that and the Marauder suggestion from @m!ttens

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Or you can be a hopper and play the simple Shadow Set. I love the build ever since they buffed it. More than UE.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    There's actually a build that uses Shi Mizu? How does that work? Every time one of those drops I look at it and it seems useless.

You purposely keep yourself below 25% health for 100% crit at all times, you stack damage and use FoK on cooldown to obliterate everything around you. It used to be the best push build for DHs but it's very high risk/high reward.

How does it deal with things that don't die instantly (tougher elites, rift guardians) or ranged/unavoidable stuff like Jailer?

• eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I got a primal ring of emptiness at GR70, which was perfect for my build. Currently at GR83, rank 86 on the WD leaderboard yay. Hit a hard wall at GR84 though, going to need to farm for a bit.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
    Man, everyone else's Compass Rose I ever see seems to be decently rolled, and mine are always terrible.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Incindium-1141/hero/94671715

I had to roll sockets on both my Endless Walk pieces so I feel you.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    Incindium wrote: »
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Incindium-1141/hero/94671715

I had to roll sockets on both my Endless Walk pieces so I feel you.
    I'll have to do the same. I am honestly not sure if I've ever even gotten one with a natural socket.

Fearghaill wrote: »
    Yo I got this on the PS4 over the holidays and am just starting to try seasonal play for the first time

I barely know what is going on TBH but the journey objective stuff seems like a clear enough path to follow for now?

Yeah, follow the journey stuff, you'll get your free set and that's what you really want to power spike yourself up.

A few pages back noggin did a write up for tips on seasons (Page 5, 3rd post) for tips on spending shards and your first DB.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    This is the first time I've ever gotten to the D3 Seasonal "endgame" so to speak. I got the infernal machines and make myself an amulet (with a bad passive!) and am going to do a level 20 Rift for the last part of my seasonal set, but I'm not sure what to do after that?

This discussion has been closed.