As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    rattletrap wrote: »
    Wait the earth draw is a half-priced lucky? Hmm. Is it worth pulling on with 5 dupes just to try for the chain?

What are the dupes? I had 4 dupes but they were all rainbows. At this point, most rainbows are disappointing so they don't really calculate into my decisions too much. Also, iff you need +earth weapons/armor, there are a bunch at the top. Maria Asb is earth armor. Dorgann USB is earth sword. Ingus USB is earth axe. Maria LMR is an earth bracer. Cinque USB is an earth hammer.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh no Chain but I finally have a BUBSY! Got Rinoas SB and Dorgann's LMR. I might have to try out Dorgann since I have his USB too.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I'm debating about this banner.

on the one hand, it's half-price, which puts it in my budget range for being able to pull for ice toys in a little while.

on the other hand, I already killed Burger King and Zappy Bird. Do I need new earth toys?

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Picked up Cinque's USB and LMR from this one. Is she good earth dps?

edited January 2019
    Artereis wrote: »

one of the best, from what I hear.

Her Ultra lets you significantly reduce the time it takes to power up Gigant Swing, Blast Burn, or Stone Press, by making one use of Heavy Charge grant her both stacks. And the Ultra grants a damage boost to Heavy attacks, so she'll be doing a lot of damage with those moves.

Enlong on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    That sounds cool. I guess I'd bring in Tifa and/or Kelger since I have their ultras.

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Varg wrote: »
    rattletrap wrote: »
    Wait the earth draw is a half-priced lucky? Hmm. Is it worth pulling on with 5 dupes just to try for the chain?

What are the dupes? I had 4 dupes but they were all rainbows. At this point, most rainbows are disappointing so they don't really calculate into my decisions too much. Also, iff you need +earth weapons/armor, there are a bunch at the top. Maria Asb is earth armor. Dorgann USB is earth sword. Ingus USB is earth axe. Maria LMR is an earth bracer. Cinque USB is an earth hammer.

3 disco dupes - Maria AOSB, Ingus USB, Dorgann USB
    2 rainbow dupes - Bartz BSB, Cinque BSB

I can clear both King B and Zappy Bird, so I should probably skip. Both clears are a bit janky though, and it would be nice to have better tech.

rattletrap on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Artereis wrote: »

one of the best, from what I hear.

Her Ultra lets you significantly reduce the time it takes to power up Gigant Swing, Blast Burn, or Stone Press, by making one use of Heavy Charge grant her both stacks. And the Ultra grants a damage boost to Heavy attacks, so she'll be doing a lot of damage with those moves.

Also importantly, her LM2 is 50% chance to gain a stack whenever she uses a Heavy ability. So 50% of the time when you use Stone Press, you gain a charge, which the Ultra then gives an additional charge. So you can immediately Stone Press at full power again. It's real good.

In fact, all of the 6* items are good on this banner, I would recommend anyone who has low dupes among the 6* items to strongly consider doing the half price pull. The LMRs are all relevant, and the bursts aren't awful (especially Ingus burst is quite good if you have an earth chain)

My result:
    1/11 dupe Maria Glint

womp womp

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    2/11
    Maria LMR
    Maria AOSB

Two new items to make Maria awesome, plus two new + earth armors. Well worth 25 mythril.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    The fifth fight on this thing is absurd if you don't bring dispel. It's taking turns every tick.

I'm not sure if I should pull.

4 dupes, but 3 of them are discoes already (chain, aosb, dorgann, cinque LMR)

I don't have Quetzalcoatl mastered/sub-30, and the others MIGHT help with that, but...eh.

But it's also half cost

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I have a lot of dupes, I don't need more Earth, I shouldn't pull.

I pulled anyway.

Cinque USB (dupe), Rinoa En-Earth LMR.

Eh, ok. I've got Rinoa's Earth Bubsy so that works. Cinque's a dupe, but it's an +Earth hammer I can combine.

Still, not a great use of mythril. Ah well, new toy is new toy.

Be warned on the D220 earth challenge. He counters dark/etc even when it is not the active element. So anything dual-element earth and something he counters will get countered.

This notably includes Grand Charge.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    FINALLY got Cinque's USB. I that will make Quetzacoatl extremely farmable.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Half-price? I suppose I can pull on that.

Huh. 3/11, 2 Disco.

Ingus BSB "Faith Escutcheon", Ingus USB "Gaian Promise" and Cinque USB "Whirling Mace". Why yes, I think Ingus and Beatrix could beat the snot out of anything weak to Earth, yes. It's the reason I had some earth-element Knight abilities around to make sure Beatrix could still fuck things up just in case something resistant to Holy came around.

I'm happy with my pulls. Need to grind a bit to get to 150, but I'm good until next appealing banner.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Bad judgement pull: 1/11 Dorgann LMR.

Not a dupe, so could be worse.

"C'mon, dude, you should know better" half price pull.

1/11 no disco

Cinque burst, which actually may improve Quetz enough to get Mastery (although I doubt sub-30) if I dive her, since it'd re-up the enEarth on her and make her preferable to Guy, probably.

But goddamn this has been an awful streak of pulls for me. I really hope 4A turns that around.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    1/11 Ingus chain. Finally an earth chain, only missing ice now.

Tried Quetz twice in the train this morning, got it to about 10% hp left so I'm almost there, I just had difficulty actually using Galuf's BSB for imperils while also stone pressing in time.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    2/11, no disco - Bartz BSB (dupe), Rinoa LMR (en-earth). Not the best pull ever, but I've got Rinoa's w-cast LMR already, so she's slowly getting better.

Ugh Cinque’s USB/legend dive is so good

50% of the time, once it’s up, a fully charged stone press gives me enough heavy combat charges to do ANOTHER fully charged Stone Press immediately.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Ugh Cinque’s USB/legend dive is so good

50% of the time, once it’s up, a fully charged stone press gives me enough heavy combat charges to do ANOTHER fully charged Stone Press immediately.

Also, the heavy boost means that she consistently does more damage with Stone Press than Gigant Swing, even with the lower multiplier.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    When are we due a maintenance? Next Monday night into Tuesday morning?

silence1186 on

Really? If that's the case, I guess a KH3 event could potentially happen, since that's also release day.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

Really? If that's the case, I guess a KH3 event could potentially happen, since that's also release day.

I was more asking and guessing.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Sora USB is still relevant huh? I'd be fun if he got like a new AASB.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited January 2019
    Sora USB is still relevant huh? I'd be fun if he got like a new AASB.

Oh, certainly. Crit-fix is never going to go out of style, nor are chase Ultras.

That said, he can fall behind some other characters without access to his Dualcast Spellblade materia, or one of his Glints to stack with his legend dive. In comparison, Riku has an Ultra that I don't think will ever not be useful on its own, simply because his legend dive has dualcast in it.

edit:

The KH speculation has me thinking I'll hold off on the Earth banner. I could pull on it, but if we get a KH banner that's half-price on the first pull, like last time, I'll want to give it a shot instead.

Enlong on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Had no 6* dupes and they all would have been nice.

1/11 Maria glint.

B l e h

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Had no 6* dupes and they all would have been nice.

1/11 Maria glint.

B l e h

:bro:

Killed Quetz finally, took a bunch of tries.

In the end I took Ultra Cure off Onion Knight and gave him both earth ninja skills for DPS and that got me over the hump.
    Turns out you can Shellga -> Wrath -> Rosa USB to dodge the first paralyze anyway if you're very quick.

All caught up post fest with events, MP and dungeon updates. Finished all the quests too.

Now it's either Syldra, or Torments, which eww.

Just in time for KH3 to come out!

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    MVP letter is apparently out. Event wise, no surprises. Tactics this week, VIII next week. Crystal Tower on the 31st.

What is new will be Premium Passes, available in the gem shop. No clue as to specifics, but they will offer some sort of benefit while active. We'll find out what kind of stuff on the 23rd, I guess.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I mentioned a week ago or so they added a new login bonus that you have to pay for so I’m guessing this is it think of it as a subscription model probably pay extra jams get X plus one with real.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited January 2019
    If there's two events left, Maintenance will probably be Feb. 4th overnight to Feb. 5th. I wonder if we'll get Earth Magicite early as well, or if there'll be a gap month to make up for getting Wind early?

E: Crazy idea for Syldra. Double healer Radiant Shield, but one of the healers (attempts) to attack.

Rosa Icicle Shot/Shellga (SSB) +DMG
    Snow Icicle Punch/Banishing Strike (USB1, BSB1) DMT
    Aerith Curada/Hastega (USB2) MM (LM2, LMR)
    Laguna Offering/Snipe (CSB, USB) +DMG (LM2, LMR)
    Squall SSS x2 (BSB2, Glint, USB1) TGM (LM2, LMR)
    Wall/Manticore
    Mateus/Phoenix/Siren/Evrae

Hrmm. Maybe should have picked up Noel BSB2 or 3 on the Dream select, and let Madeen be a future me problem.

silence1186 on
    edited January 2019
    I was really worried for a second when one of the “premium bonuses” they’re setting up for (cash shop stuff) was in-battle bonuses (such as improved stats or hones), but it turns out to only be available in single-player content where you can Continue a fight with mythril for a random bonus. Which excludes basically everything that’s top-level and would drive people to spend for just a little more strength.

Still, though, it’s worrying that combat bonuses are an option at all, though I suppose it’s little different than what they already do with the Continue option; it’s not worth the price, but they’re happy to make it possible to pay for it.

Enlong on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Trying to figure out my Quizacoatle team, so far:
    Cinque with dive and USB
    Bartz with dive and USB2
    Onion Knight pUSB and LMR
    Elarra USB and LMR

Last slot I can't figure out between Red13 with chain, Tifa with imperil, or Ingus with radiant.

Same with active magicite either 3* with imperil or 4* with bar lightning.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Trying to figure out my Quizacoatle team, so far:
    Cinque with dive and USB
    Bartz with dive and USB2
    Onion Knight pUSB and LMR
    Elarra USB and LMR

Last slot I can't figure out between Red13 with chain, Tifa with imperil, or Ingus with radiant.

Same with active magicite either 3* with imperil or 4* with bar lightning.

My first clear was almost that.

Nanaki with Chain
    Cinque USB and dive
    Aerith USB2 instead of Elarra
    Bartz USB1, OSB and dive
    OK same with Ultra Cura and Earth ninja stuff
    4* bar lightning was active magicite

Nanaki with Chain seems the best option. He can then carry Wrath or Meltdown + Entrust, to potentially give emergency meter to Elarra.

You definitely want the chain. Remember to put your Stone Press user (Cinque) and your Ultra Cure in slots 2 and 4. You may want to shuffle around your other characters between slots 1/3/5 depending on when you'd like them to be paralyzed.

Enlong wrote: »
    Nanaki with Chain seems the best option. He can then carry Wrath or Meltdown + Entrust, to potentially give emergency meter to Elarra.

Definitely agree, you should have much less difficulty than me with your available relics, just gotta make sure you survive.
    You could also consider ingus for the last stand to make it easier on elarra. I'd definitely take either chain over imperils at least and just use the imperil magicite.

Daily hit: meia LMR.

+Water armor, I relic, and while it doesn't do anything for my water woes because I lack anything else for her, more water magic is good.

This discussion has been closed.