As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    This league is probably the "richest" I've ever been. I've nearly completed my nebuloch juggernaut to my satisfaction. The only remaining part is a GG helm with -9% fire resist aura. I've accepted that I will never afford or find the +2 molten strike projectiles enchant and I haven't gotten around to buying extra nebulochs to corrupt, but all the other pieces are there and it's been amazing. I'd say I've spend about 13-14 exalts in currency to get all my gear.

Even then, I still feel poor compared to some of the others here (and I actually have only a few hundred chaos right now). I still have never done an exalt craft.

I'm also excited for tonight, because I'll be doing the rest of my guardian keys and finally kill shaper for the first time. Plus I've got a red elder spawned right now so hopefully I'll get uber elder to spawn not long after doing those. I'm also one fragment short of doing uber Atziri for the first time. This league has been great and full a ton of firsts for me.

My theory is I keep running Elder and I'll end up with two Nebs and then boom. I'm so used to playing ssf it barely occurs to me I can actually buy stuff.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    This is my first time using delve crafting.
    5Z8kgzK.png

I'm thinking about crafting Onslaught on Soul Gain Prevention, as I drop the bois when I'm bossing and that's the only time I'd need onslaught. Thoughts?

I would craft attack speed if possible. Definitely the best thing for those gloves if you want to sell them.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Well I finally killed shaper for the first time! Only one death because I died to his first slam because my timing was way off. Sadly mostly crap drop though, I think?
    9r1kjads59xr.png

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    This is my first time using delve crafting.
    5Z8kgzK.png

I'm thinking about crafting Onslaught on Soul Gain Prevention, as I drop the bois when I'm bossing and that's the only time I'd need onslaught. Thoughts?

I would craft attack speed if possible. Definitely the best thing for those gloves if you want to sell them.

I'm trying out the Onslaught mod, and 8 seconds of onslaught that I can trigger twice is pretty great. I was thinking of selling them (similar gloves are going for ~100c), but they're ~400 more life for less than 300dps lost over the Haemophilia I had been running. Aside from missing two mods, it's close to BiS (I'd really like mana leech on it) outside of maybe Tombfist with perfect jewels.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I beat Act 10 this morning. Super excited to see what all this map stuff is about.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I beat Act 10 this morning. Super excited to see what all this map stuff is about.

wait

they don't love you like i love you

fuck gendered marketing
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    @Saldonas shaped ilvl86 spike point quivers are worth ~40c so it's not nothing!

Shaper down. Sloppy with poor freeze ball control so I ate a death. Walked through beam with no ill effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZOGiZWsdRs

― Marcus Aurelius

edited January 2019
    themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Are there any maps that it is universally considered better not to complete?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Not specifically but if you are planning a shaped map strategy (or you are target farming div cards) it might make sense to not complete the maps in the same tier as your target so you can save currency later (uncompleting maps is 3 sextants of the tier of the map). I think most people just complete all maps up to t10 and then start strategizing. I just complete them all for the bonus and the extra sextants and then if I want to run a shaped strat I just do a shaped elder map and uncomplete the guardians. Also if you are running red Elder it is pretty tricky to run a map strat (like no t15s except tower) since killing guardians completes the map.

― Marcus Aurelius

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular

there are advanced mapping strategies, to control which maps you have in your drop pool

these are for advanced players who know how to speed map and are looking particularly to MF

for a new player to maps, 100% recommend completing all maps you have, then buying the maps you dont have per tier, and follow the zana quest line to completion

J3qcnBP.png
    edited January 2019
    another day of frost screenshots!

sold that triple purity eye for 11 ex, and the inpulsas for 5 meaning!

tLgCS6E.png

finally got the curse chest mod, which means all thats left it +1 totem shield!
    7sOWh0N.png

stunlocking runs were pretty profitable overal, got a starforge as well!

UU1rorf.png

uber last night was kind, got a disintigator and a 3 mod eye!

PNCcfQF.png

the very next map got me a 7 league step from the zana perandus chest!

7C2an1x.png

and then cadiro offered a lyco shield for 8k coins!!!

FdwWmrZ.png

and then finally got back into delving, and found my second boss

s4GHm0n.png

its your boy finishing league goals!

now to wrap up 36 (at 30 now), try some alts and prep for ps4 launch

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    That's just insane.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    another day of frost screenshots!

sold that triple purity eye for 11 ex, and the inpulsas for 5 meaning!

tLgCS6E.png

finally got the curse chest mod, which means all thats left it +1 totem shield!
    7sOWh0N.png

stunlocking runs were pretty profitable overal, got a starforge as well!

UU1rorf.png

uber last night was kind, got a disintigator and a 3 mod eye!

PNCcfQF.png

the very next map got me a 7 league step from the zana perandus chest!

7C2an1x.png

and then cadiro offered a lyco shield for 8k coins!!!

FdwWmrZ.png

and then finally got back into delving, and found my second boss

s4GHm0n.png

its your boy finishing league goals!

now to wrap up 36 (at 30 now), try some alts and prep for ps4 launch

I think I speak for everyone else in the forums, t(-_-t).

• downerdowner Registered User regular
    This is a league of firsts for me, despite about 400 hours played.

First Uber Lab Completion
    First Exalt Drop and Slam
    First Atziri Kill
    First Elder Kill
    First Shaper Kill
    Level 93 (Personal Best)

Now for Uber Elder...

• Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    downer wrote: »
    This is a league of firsts for me, despite about 400 hours played.

First Uber Lab Completion
    First Exalt Drop and Slam
    First Atziri Kill
    First Elder Kill
    First Shaper Kill
    Level 93 (Personal Best)

Now for Uber Elder...

Damn, dude. I've played like 700 hours and haven't done elder, shaper, or broken lvl 90. Hell, I got my first lvl 20 gem this league and the achievement. Your not doing bad!...or the more likely story is that I'm terrible (playing whilevalt tabbed on hold with work calls was probably not the most efficient use of my time)

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I always end up around level 90 and I've yet to beat Shaper or red Elder - it's always work or somesuch taking my momentum. But it's still my favorite game at the moment.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Well, after about 1000 fusings, I finally 6L my inpulsa. felt good. I'm doing a little napkin math to see how best to work with this.

Currently my Inpulsa has 3 blue, 1 green, 2 white sockets. Using:
    Arc
    Controlled destruction
    Added lighting damage
    hypothermia
    spell echo
    empower support.

I think the standard is to use penetation, but flat damage (from the empowered) seems to give pretty good returns at least on sheet, and I'm currently trying to rework my character to switch from ahn's shield(+ 2 fragility gems) to duel wield. The onslaught was only giving me about 5k sheet dps, which i can make up decently with only about 60-70% elemental/spell damage in the offhand, and that doesnt include the gems.
    Hypothermia is supplying a small boost, but my cold damage is kind of low so im not sure if im getting the most out of it.. I was hoping to get a 4 blue 2 white makeup on the inpulsa's but could not get a 6 blue socket going before i hit the voaci bench and the whites overwrote the blues instead of the green. I might grind syndicate to try again, but getting 6 blues on inpulsa is harder than i expected.

One idea i had that i was thinking of trying is if i can get the green socket out of inpulsa, and get 4 blue 2 whites, I could do an added chaos damage support in its place. that at level 20 + the empower would be 211-316 extra flat chaos damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/azith28

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    azith28 wrote: »
    Well, after about 1000 fusings, I finally 6L my inpulsa. felt good. I'm doing a little napkin math to see how best to work with this.

Arc
    Controlled destruction
    Added lighting damage
    hypothermia
    spell echo
    empower support.

I think the standard is to use penetation, but flat damage (from the empowered) seems to give pretty good returns at least on sheet, and I'm currently trying to rework my character to switch from ahn's shield(+ 2 fragility gems) to duel wield. The onslaught was only giving me about 5k sheet dps, which i can make up decently with only about 60-70% elemental/spell damage in the offhand, and that doesnt include the gems.
    Hypothermia is supplying a small boost, but my cold damage is kind of low so im not sure if im getting the most out of it.. I was hoping to get a 4 blue 2 white makeup on the inpulsa's but could not get a 6 blue socket going before i hit the voaci bench and the whites overwrote the blues instead of the green. I might grind syndicate to try again, but getting 6 blues on inpulsa is harder than i expected.

One idea i had that i was thinking of trying is if i can get the green socket out of inpulsa, and get 4 blue 2 whites, I could do an added chaos damage support in its place. that at level 20 + the empower would be 211-316 extra flat chaos damage.

what is your goal?

inpulsas is considered a speed mapper, in which case 300k dps (which u seem to have now) is more than enough to speed map t15 and under with 0 issues.

are you looking to make this into a boss killer?

J3qcnBP.png
    So the Vaal DS build guide that I was looking at is from 3.4, I should probably ignore the offhand suggestions they give, and instead buy 2 main hand items, since now DS alternates weapons, right?

So the Vaal DS build guide that I was looking at is from 3.4, I should probably ignore the offhand suggestions they give, and instead buy 2 main hand items, since now DS alternates weapons, right?

correct

you need 2 valid weapon types for Ds now.

and since you most likely spec'd into 1 single type on tree (swords or claws), go with 2x of those

J3qcnBP.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

correct

I'd recommend going with the mathil approach and getting bloodseeker to pretty much instantly leech your health back to full

PiptheFair wrote: »

correct

I'd recommend going with the mathil approach and getting bloodseeker to pretty much instantly leech your health back to full

I'm super deep into swords in my passive tree, so instead I have 2 Jeweled Foils.

Arc
    Controlled destruction
    Added lighting damage
    hypothermia
    spell echo
    empower support.

what is your goal?

inpulsas is considered a speed mapper, in which case 300k dps (which u seem to have now) is more than enough to speed map t15 and under with 0 issues.

I would like to be able to do elder and the T16 bosses. I nearly had hydra the first time i tried it (literally at like 1% when i ran out of attempts). Chimera can fuck off with his teleporting meele will hit you across the screen bullshit. Nearly got eldar to second stage on my only attempt so far.

Not sure if bosses are really doable with this character solo. Maps mostly are pretty easy no matter the area with only a few bosses making me sweat prior to T16, starting to run into the occasional slow kills doing delve over 200 depth. I'm trying to get my gear sorted out, and given im going to be a glass cannon pretty much no matter what i do, i think replacing the shield/fragility stuff is okay to do for more dps. I might just have to hire a boss killer mercenary to get this done, soon as i can get the elder to respawn on a red map.

Arc
    Controlled destruction
    Added lighting damage
    hypothermia
    spell echo
    empower support.

what is your goal?

I would like to be able to do elder and the T16 bosses. I nearly had hydra the first time i tried it (literally at like 1% when i ran out of attempts). Chimera can fuck off with his teleporting meele will hit you across the screen bullshit. Nearly got eldar to second stage on my only attempt so far.

Not sure if bosses are really doable with this character solo. Maps mostly are pretty easy no matter the area with only a few bosses making me sweat prior to T16, starting to run into the occasional slow kills doing delve over 200 depth. I'm trying to get my gear sorted out, and given im going to be a glass cannon pretty much no matter what i do, i think replacing the shield/fragility stuff is okay to do for more dps. I might just have to hire a boss killer mercenary to get this done, soon as i can get the elder to respawn on a red map.

self cast arc to t16 is real rough, since you are basically name locking while u spell echo cast

you would need to learn all the mechanics and still be able to burst a boss down since you have almost 0 sustain (other than leech from self cast arc)

J3qcnBP.png
    A Bladefall trap build should still work in 3.5, right? Or has some common part of it been nerfed since they were popular?

Arc
    Controlled destruction
    Added lighting damage
    hypothermia
    spell echo
    empower support.

what is your goal?

self cast arc to t16 is real rough, since you are basically name locking while u spell echo cast

you would need to learn all the mechanics and still be able to burst a boss down since you have almost 0 sustain (other than leech from self cast arc)

sustain? do you mean mana? I have no problems with mana at all. if anything I'm looking at removing some mana regen passives. The mind of the council mask is feeding me all the mana i need. its staying alive thats the problem.

edited January 2019

Arc
    Controlled destruction
    Added lighting damage
    hypothermia
    spell echo
    empower support.

what is your goal?

sustain? do you mean mana? I have no problems with mana at all. if anything I'm looking at removing some mana regen passives. The mind of the council mask is feeding me all the mana i need. its staying alive thats the problem.

Sustain as in life regen, life leech, overleech

defensive mechanics

EDIT: even stuff like life poacher or or hale negator would go along way for keeping life up during extended fights

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Okay so this Cold CoC build was iffy as hell for a while...

Then about level 50 it started to form.

Getting the assassin ascendancy points was huge.

Now I'm just working to the next one, which I have no idea which to pick out of Champion (for the perma-fortify), Raider (onslaught), or Inquis (extra damage).

This is a MoM build without explicitly strong D so probably Champion?

the best defense for coc is more dmg

J3qcnBP.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    the best defense for coc is more dmg

Might not be an issue.

Currently facerolling act 8 with a Mortem Morsu and a Tabula, and I'm about to run up on all of the crit stuff between Shadow and Witch.

Once I get my Cospris equipped, along with any rare 6L and Command of the Pit, and trade out the Power Charge on Crit for a Concentrated Effect, shit gonna be blowing up.

I've got about 80 orbs of regret so if I need to swap out to Inq it shouldn't be a problem.

jungleroomx on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Got my archer to farm Uber Elder status now. I still die, but it's because I'm mechanically bad. Trying to save a lot of currency for some big purchases, and I think I'm going to do some sort of self-cast Ice Nova since I managed to link/roll these items:

Helm
    ibcbg1je56xg.gif

Body Armor
    3xgb2zpfvqwx.gif

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Finally hit 80! Which means the build I had planned is technically finished now, less some jewels and actually good items

Syndicate mastermind soon, and then hunting map labyrinth trials

2x39jD4.jpg
    Absalon wrote: »
    I always end up around level 90 and I've yet to beat Shaper or red Elder - it's always work or somesuch taking my momentum. But it's still my favorite game at the moment.

I'm a total alt player and rarely confront endgame. This season is different. Shaper is on farm. Goal is to hit 650 in Delve (I have a job and commitments so this might be rough). That said, my alt madness continues. After blowing 46k sulphite yesterday to no good effect I was a bit feels bad man. Today I realized I had the day off and wasted most of it running up a MS Jugg with a couple Poet's Pens. Loved leveling with the Pens but was a bit meh when I switched to MS with a Neb and Beltimber on Kitava. It was a cakewalk but I think I should have stuck with the high tier mapping and boss farming before I alted out.

― Marcus Aurelius

Got Cospris weilded.

Hahaha holy shit this build just got nutty

I'm a total alt player and rarely confront endgame. This season is different. Shaper is on farm. Goal is to hit 650 in Delve (I have a job and commitments so this might be rough). That said, my alt madness continues. After blowing 46k sulphite yesterday to no good effect I was a bit feels bad man. Today I realized I had the day off and wasted most of it running up a MS Jugg with a couple Poet's Pens. Loved leveling with the Pens but was a bit meh when I switched to MS with a Neb and Beltimber on Kitava. It was a cakewalk but I think I should have stuck with the high tier mapping and boss farming before I alted out.

I feel you about delve. They really need to rebalance the sulfite amount. at the least they should make each deposit a % of your max so that raising the limit actually means anything.

Spending 2k sulphite just to go one node deeper sucks hard. and im only at about 215-220, and going straight down as best i can.

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I fossilcrafted a couple upgrades for my full cold conversion BV character yesterday:
    bZPfmP0.jpg
    mgh5sPs.jpg

There's lots of improve to improve both of these, but fortunately I have enough latitude on resists to afford wearing a few items that hardly have any.

This character has been super buttery up to 92 and has SO MUCH ROOM to scale with currency investment on gear. It's insane. Also I maintain that Taste of Hate is the best flask in the game if you can use it.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873

I feel you about delve. They really need to rebalance the sulfite amount. at the least they should make each deposit a % of your max so that raising the limit actually means anything.

Spending 2k sulphite just to go one node deeper sucks hard. and im only at about 215-220, and going straight down as best i can.

My understanding is that costs max out at area level 83 so it always makes sense to go deeper if you can survive.

― Marcus Aurelius

When people are working on endgame gear, do you normally try and load all of your resists into a couple of items, or spread them out as much as possible?