As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    In Grand conquest, I wait til I get cavalry or infantry and go nuts. Already tier 21 with 225k pts. If it's armor or fliers I just do the minimum, and once I'm tier 25 it isn't as compelling. Still such a better mode than voting gauntlet.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

So to me this looks like it could be a birthday theme? Since the game came out in February and we're still getting another special banner (which is presumably the Valentine's one), that makes sense. They said, could see this being Alfonse and Sharena (or Anna). It seems like they'd use the original characters in a birthday theme. The girl looks like she's wearing some kind of cooking outfit or something. Reminds me of the header on the Reddit for awhile

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    "Free of tension" makes me think "hot springs"

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Opty wrote: »

Could be, I saw someone suggest that on Reddit. The balloon looking thing seems odd to me tho.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Also, the right side that looks like those stereotypical wooden whatevers.

The left side is clearly a fishing rod - you can follow the line through to a handle. Or something else involving a pole and string.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    They do look like those wooden washbowls. I can't tell who the characters should be though, aside from being 99% certain that they're female. Usually you can tell by their hairstyle, since they rarely change that much in alts. But I'm not that familar with that particular hair.

The character on the left might have a towel wrapped around her head? The wrap may be coming unraveled in the damaged art?

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    That balloon on a string is probably the typical Japanese festival water yoyo balloons. Although it does kind of look like the one on the right is towel wrapped and tossing those onsen/bath wash buckets.
    8c5cfca4c529285eee7ce8b876be7896.jpg

Edit:

This oversketch of it is amazing.

DxVxSTHU8AEdWew.jpg:large

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Jesus, can that just be it? Cuz that is amazing. I dunno what characters it is tho :P (honestly the one on the left looks like Hinoka there.. haha)

• Options
    I thought it was Hinoka and Nina. She has that front hairlick and the hair seems braided and tied so as not to get into the water.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w37Ul2pujAo

Ha, so one of them was Hinoka, just it was the right one

I also see a free flying dagger Camilla in the end there. At least Camilla is the free unit I guess :/

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    You know the old saying, "Nobody ever lost money betting that a new Camilla alt is coming".

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I said before this I would be ok with another Fates Awakening if Valentine's was NOT Fates Awakening and there wasn't another Camilla alt. I mean, I guess since she's free I can't really get mad. Still, would it KILL them to do someone other than the royals every time? Like, there are a ton of Fates characters we still don't have in the game. I'd mind a new Fates banner less if it was at least either new characters or characters who don't have a billion alts (ex: Felicia, Odin, etc)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    They're really taking the piss, aren't they? It's really tone-deaf to keep releasing Fates alts.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Add more Camilla alts, remove all versions of Ryoma.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So I've been pretty deep in FEH for a while now, but in the recent Azure banner I had a run of real bad luck and my supply of easy-to-get orbs had essentially run out. So, I decided to do a fresh start with the knowledge I have now.

I'm currently limiting myself to the following summons:

Legendary banners. This is where the lion's share of my orbs will be going.
    Other banners with raised probability: not as much, but if I like all of the potential summons
    New banners: usually just the free first summon, unless there's someone specific I'm after, then I'll spring for the rest of that colour... just on the off chance.
    Tickets: same thing.

This is my haul so far, with 327 orbs and counting saved up for the next legendary banner.
    flhfx2rvpo62.jpg
    Got Laevatin and Owain on free first summons. Got Tibarn on my last ticket (after taking a chance on the remaining red orbs). Really looking forward to that next legendary.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w37Ul2pujAo

Ha, so one of them was Hinoka, just it was the right one

I also see a free flying dagger Camilla in the end there. At least Camilla is the free unit I guess :/

Steamed lobster jokes soon.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Still on deck: Easter Lyn, then Legendary Camilla, then Summer Lyn, then Halloween and Christmas Camillas this year.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hm, not really excited by that banner. Guess I'll save my orbs for the Mythic banner and whatever the 2nd anniversary celebration ends up being.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Still on deck: Easter Lyn, then Legendary Camilla, then Summer Lyn, then Halloween and Christmas Camillas this year.

I think you're forgetting Bridal Camilla.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    https://vote3.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/

It's CYL3 time. The site seems to be real flaky right now tho.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I see they've changed it so that voting for the same character but from different titles will have their votes pooled this time, so I expect Marth will finally win a top slot, and if past votes hold, Legendary Camilla will strengthen my prediction.

Now that laguz are in the game, I'm not sure who to vote for. Jill or Haar, maybe, or Micaiah, or Laegjarn. Also kind of want to see one of the Askrs get a legendary, but that's not happening anytime soon.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    I see they've changed it so that voting for the same character but from different titles will have their votes pooled this time, so I expect Marth will finally win a top slot, and if past votes hold, Legendary Camilla will strengthen my prediction.

Now that laguz are in the game, I'm not sure who to vote for. Jill or Haar, maybe, or Micaiah, or Laegjarn. Also kind of want to see one of the Askrs get a legendary, but that's not happening anytime soon.

Oh I missed that. Thank God. About friggin time.

• Options

@Warlock82 who are you voting for this year? Last year we were both voting for F!Robin, but then she ended up getting a legendary anyway. On the other hand, technically that character is Grima.

I haven't decided where to toss my votes yet.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Is Gregor time.

• Options

@Warlock82 who are you voting for this year? Last year we were both voting for F!Robin, but then she ended up getting a legendary anyway. On the other hand, technically that character is Grima.

I haven't decided where to toss my votes yet.

I'm not sure. I voted for her on the first day for lack of a better choice. But I agree, it's probably not worth voting for her this year. I may pivot full Gregor just because he's so dang awesome.

P.S. - So Tibarn is so god damn fun. I'm using him as my bonus for Arena and he just murders everything. It's fun to just smack down all the Surtrs. A little hard to use cuz he's 100% player phase, but fun once you get the hang of him.

• Options
    My vote for secret best dancer Tethys is probably in vain, but I stuck to my principles.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm all in on L'arachel as usual.
    Of course, I realize that this won't amount to anything, but I have to do it none the less.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Marth is pretty much guaranteed to win the male vote. Alm is a pretty safe bet too I feel. Not sure about the female vote, there are plenty of candidates - despite getting tons of alts already, Camilla probably still has a strong chance.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Camilla is a given I think.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    With Camilla being struck down by Veronica we'll probably see her come back more powerful than we can even imagine.

The question is whether we'll also get Eirika or will they move on to Thrasir (less likely as we have two Laegjarn)?

People might vote for Selkie less because they assume she will be coming soon as well. Loki and Micaiah will also be getting less votes as they got released. Nino also got a buffed flying version too.

For my part I'm just going to vote straight Nephenee and hope she gets an alt eventually as Selkie is definitely on her way in.

Edit: Oh, this time around it specifically says it is combining votes with sequels.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Vote for Anna. Forever.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Which one, though?

• Options
    Probably this time around a vote for Anna is a vote for the Annaverse.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    My vote for secret best dancer Tethys is probably in vain, but I stuck to my principles.

Honestly, don't feel bad about doing this. I've been studying the past CYL rankings and 100% they are using them to decide which heroes to release. For example, the top Radiant Dawn Laguz that were not in the game, in order, were I believe Tibarn, Nailah, Ranulf, Leanne, Reyson. I thought they'd put Ranulf on this banner but I think it makes sense to release Reyson "first" (considering it'd be super weird to release Leanne and not him). So I can see why he was bumped. They even got to bill it as "Rulers of the Laguz" this way. So I mean, while they aren't following it to the letter, they are following it damn closely.

So like, vote for your favorites and if they rank high, you'll have a much better chance of seeing them on a normal banner.
    Talith wrote: »
    With Camilla being struck down by Veronica we'll probably see her come back more powerful than we can even imagine.

Legit I do not think so. They have released SOOOOOOOOO many Camilla alts at this point that I think people are getting super duper pissed about it. I thought for sure she'd win last time and then Veronica stole her spot. And last time she had like, what, 1 alt? 2? I think she's actually going to rank pretty low this time - like, not crazy low, but like, 10th-ish.
    Which one, though?

Doesn't matter, they FINALLY stopped being stupid about this and all Annas count as "Anna" and pool votes. This is also why Marth will 100% win.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I honestly don't know who to vote for. I'd like to see an alt for Best Girl Cherche, but I dunno what movement/color/type combo I'd want or even have a space for. I voted for Nino and Panne in the last banner, but Nino got an alt and beast units are already in.

I suppose I could just poke through the list and pick out interesting looking units based on their portraits. Like all the blue-skinned people from Echoes.

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Doesn't matter, they FINALLY stopped being stupid about this and all Annas count as "Anna" and pool votes. This is also why Marth will 100% win.

nope! only FE1 and FE3 anna are consolidated

which is a decision i agree with in terms of they should mostly be treated as separate characters, at least the playable ones, but also, augh

• Options
    That's unfair to her. Though I really want the Warriors version who just explicitly has a million identical sisters (who show up for her specials and such to wheel in ballistae and shit)

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    Vote for Anna. Forever.

I’m honestly shocked that she of all characters doesn’t have any variants.

• Options
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Durinia wrote: »
    Vote for Anna. Forever.

I’m honestly shocked that she of all characters doesn’t have any variants.

I'm starting to think that it's an intentional joke at this point.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Daypigeon wrote: »

nope! only FE1 and FE3 anna are consolidated

which is a decision i agree with in terms of they should mostly be treated as separate characters, at least the playable ones, but also, augh

Oh interesting. I guess that makes sense since they are technically different Annas (like, you wouldn't combine Tharja and Rahjat). It's still gonna kind of screw her though (especially considering she's *barely* in FE1 & 3). I think her votes might get split mostly between Awakening and Heroes.

Edit: I like the complicated justification they have on that page for not combining them.

1. When the character goes by different names
    2. When characters are the same and have the same name, but a certain number of years has passed between the two and there have been changes to the character (even if there are just a few changes, the characters may be counted separately to standardize rules between titles).
    3. When the same character's personality changes drastically, and they're like an entirely different character

Who the hell is #3? #2 is clearly a lengthy justification for Anna.

Edit 2: Also I'm still confused why Camus is selectable under New Mystery of the Emblem. I'm pretty sure he doesn't appear in that game at all except as Sirius (who is also selectable). At least, the playthrough I watched he never *actually* revealed his identity.

Also lol, why the hell are there STILL two Finns under Genealogy?

Edit 3: Oh, I guess #2 also covers any recurring characters between Blazing and Binding Blade (like Zephiel, Bartre, Karel, etc)

Warlock82 on