As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If it gets a buff with the other 360s it will be absolutely ridiculous.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    In case you ever wondered, Whirlwind Guard cannot, in fact, block Tractor Cannon. :/

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    So I found something from a long time ago and decided to share it in a fun way.
    Maybe some of you will find it interesting.
    If you like it I might do more.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cohZoKaDiw
    A few years ago I was feeling a bit moony and came up with this.
    Seems like you enjoyed the first one. I might do this a few more times depending on what I can dig up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8FzbNRuPM8
    So this isn't a piano piece. It's the step just prior to making a midi orchestration mock-up that will be followed by final orchestration and then production with live players. I don't always do a full piano version, but I did on this one. If you want to hear the final product you'll need to do a little searching.

Maybe I should make this a piano piece someday.

I hope you young composers find this interesting. I've had a good time making these so maybe I'll do some more soon™
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6e--UsARA
    This is what I mean by the midi orchestration stage. This one was pretty down and dirty in order to simply show my intentions.

Give folks a flavor.

I needed to start composing the rest of the pieces and I could return to this days or maybe even weeks later. At least I would be able to pick up where I left off.

Stay tuned.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxiYXf4zTHs
    All in one video, the progression for the second piece.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOgfvY5ZE18
    Music which is too familiar to be heard enfolds us day and night and in all ages.

- C. S. Lewis
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkCpgrSCbY
    Sometimes the ideas come pretty fast and I'm able to have confidence that I can leave them where they are and return at a later date to expand on them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8HALPt2T88

cB557 on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    That hook

Time to throw on the D1 OST

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    That hook

Time to throw on the D1 OST
    I started bouncing in my seat around "yeah, this might be something".

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So I did the first forge unlock on my warlock and apparently the game thought she needed her own Le Monarque so she wouldn't have to borrow my hunter's

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    I'm also convinced the game is showering my warlock in gifts in some misguided bid to make me main it.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Whoo, finally got the Wavesplitter and i definitely enjoy using it in PvP more than a shotgun. We'll see if that holds up after the nerf

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Whoo, finally got the Wavesplitter and i definitely enjoy using it in PvP more than a shotgun. We'll see if that holds up after the nerf

sounds awesome
    giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c472cfd69666a2e491372be

• Options
    gwisin vest get!

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I'm jealous of Xbox players who haven't had to deal with wavesplittwr in crucible, it's obnoxious

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Alright, after last week I'm at three Valor resets for the Redrix quest. I still have enough time to squeeze in two more resets before the season ends, right?

I'm assuming/hoping that Crimson Days and the February IB will include some bonus Valor opportunities.

• Options
    literally only missing shards now on my hunter lol RIP my life.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I hope Crimson Doubles comes back in February just the way it was last year, that was a really good PvP mode.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I'm up to about LL 605, but I feel sort of at a loss now as to what to do. I know that I want to chase powerful gear rewards on the reset cycles, but it just feels like there's not a lot for me to do at this level. Any remaining adventure content for my dude generally gives me items about 45 LL lower than my current.

I have a quest to ignite a forge that recommends LL 610, so I gave that a try... only to find out that wave 2 seems to escalate to 620. I've tried googling some stuff, but it's hard to find info that isn't outdated to old LL caps. I'm assuming raids are an end game activity, so I'd need to be 650 for that.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Russad wrote: »
    I'm up to about LL 605, but I feel sort of at a loss now as to what to do. I know that I want to chase powerful gear rewards on the reset cycles, but it just feels like there's not a lot for me to do at this level. Any remaining adventure content for my dude generally gives me items about 45 LL lower than my current.

I have a quest to ignite a forge that recommends LL 610, so I gave that a try... only to find out that wave 2 seems to escalate to 620. I've tried googling some stuff, but it's hard to find info that isn't outdated to old LL caps. I'm assuming raids are an end game activity, so I'd need to be 650 for that.

You’re over the recommended ll for the Last Wish raid, so if you can find a group to run you through that, go for it. It’s a lot of fun.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Russad wrote: »

You can do the Last Wish raid at that LL. And then once you hit 635+ you should be able to take on Scourge of the Past

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    RNGesus is pretty ridiculous and companies know it. There's piles of cases out there in various games like WoW wherein developers learn publicly oh shit, real deal RNG actually kinda sucks.

I mean, except for last night when I picked up 3 new exotics during my IB grind and ensuing valor reset for my Warlock. I didn't even see the one thing drop, but there it was in my post office. I was playing my Warlock when I started on PC mostly and kept finding that when I'd exhaust my powerful rewards and flip to my hunter, it would always get exotics. Two weeks in a row doing the Blind Well for the offering I got Shards and Gwinsim Vest which I'm sure was maddening in Clan chat given that I didn't give two shits about the hunter. After that I flipped to playing the hunter first and then the Warlock and sure as shit, wound up getting Geomags and so on.

Wavesplitter as the PS exclusive seems weird, given we have the other two on all platforms. It's odd to not be able to complete the set.

I might actually do Redrix, got my third reset last night. I assume if I get to that point it will just acknowledge that I've done the resets and it isn't get to that point... and then do the resets.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    I just want the Dreaming City Ghost - All I need for Cursebreaker. The irony of it being one of the supposed easier one of the cosmetics to get is brutal.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    I just want the Dreaming City Ghost - All I need for Cursebreaker. The irony of it being one of the supposed easier one of the cosmetics to get is brutal.

Have you done the ascendent chests? I got it to drop for me this cycle on the hidden chests. I'm now just waiting for Shattered Throne and praying one of my attempts drops the ship.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Does the ship only drop from the Throne?

I have the sparrow, but neither ghost nor ship.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    I believe the ship is only from throne. Ghost and sparrow are any Dreaming city activity.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Supposedly the ship has a very low chance to drop from other Dreaming City stuff. Supposedly.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I've been running at least one Ascendant Challenge since week 2 of Forsaken, and probably 2 a week since sometime in Novemeber, with no luck on the Ghost.
    Clearly today will be the day I get it and get Cursebreaker (MONKEY'S PAW ACTIVATED: D3 will now have Exotic Ghost Perks that reduce cooldowns for daily bounty acquisition).

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Sparrow is most likely to drop from Petra's Weekly Story Mission
    Ship is most likely to drop from Shattered Throne
    Ghost is most likely to drop from Ascendant Challenge chests (apparently also regular Ascendant Chests?)

Supposedly they also have a very low drop chance from all DC activities but honestly you'd likely be wasting your time grinding for them that way. Take it from a Cursebreaker.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I think the idea behind doing the Ascendant Chests is that they give you an extra 30 chances (10 per character) for a drop every week. IIRC the drop rate is still very very low, you're just buying more lottery tickets.

Also d'oh, I had the Ghost and the Sparrow mixed up, I've been doing story missions hoping for the Starlight Shell.

awsimo on
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Ghost is most likely to drop from Ascendant Challenge chests (apparently also regular Ascendant Chests?)

Supposedly they also have a very low drop chance from all DC activities but honestly you'd likely be wasting your time grinding for them that way. Take it from a Cursebreaker.

I thought the sparrow dropped once you got all 40 eggs? Or is that something else?

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    Hyperion wrote: »

I thought the sparrow dropped once you got all 40 eggs? Or is that something else?

Different sparrow.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »
    I think the idea behind doing the Ascendant Chests is that they give you an extra 30 chances (10 per character) for a drop every week. IIRC the drop rate is still very very low, you're just buying more lottery tickets.

Also d'oh, I had the Ghost and the Sparrow mixed up, I've been doing story missions hoping for the Starlight Shell.

I suppose I could make it a point to do the chests (which I haven't done in...maybe ever), but I don't hold up much hope when the Challenge is supposed to the the increased drop chance activity.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Hyperion wrote: »

Harbinger's Echo is the Exotic Sparrow that drops after destroying all 40 eggs. Silver Tercel is the Dreaming City sparrow that drops from the Weekly Story and is a requirement for Cursebreaker.

nvi7ycj59utd.jpg

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Still don’t have the the egg sparrow because 1 egg requires 5 other people and a raid boss kill, while the other 39 are all solo-able.

Sometimes I just want to sit down in a room with a dev and ask why stuff like this happens. Just to know if it’s simple ignorance or if someone there did it on purpose because they like pissing players off for small reasons.

ronzo on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Still don’t have the the egg sparrow because 1 egg requires 5 other people and a raid boss kill, while the other 39 are all solo-able.

Sometimes I just want to sit down in a room with a dev and ask why stuff like this happens. Just to know if it’s simple ignorance or if someone there did it on purpose because they like pissing players off for small reasons.

It's probably because it's not intended to be doable without completing the raid and the fact that you can get 4 of them in the raid on your own was not a goal but just a random accident.

• Options
    Picked up a Duke Mk .44 tonight with Outlaw, Rampage, Ricochet Rounds / Armor Piercing. Seems decent! Doesn't feel as good to shoot as Ace or Malfeasance; but it's really effective.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »

There have been Collectibles in many of the Destiny Raids. Pretty much none of them gettable solo. The solo thing is the new part.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Picked up a Duke Mk .44 tonight with Outlaw, Rampage, Ricochet Rounds / Armor Piercing. Seems decent! Doesn't feel as good to shoot as Ace or Malfeasance; but it's really effective.

To me, no HC feels as good to shoot as the Lightweight/150s: Midnight Coup, Dire Promise, JQK3, Waking Vigil (only Y2 150!)

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    My Duke has something like 14k kills on it. Outlaw/Rampage/Appended Mag. If it had Range MW, it would be the best thing ever. Right now it’s just the best thing ... for now. Add a helmet with Enhanced HC Targeting and it’s just insane. Headshot, headshot, headshot, start taking out Knights with single headshots, etc. Easily THE best PvE gun I’ve had in all of Destiny 2, and there isn’t anything that comes close.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »

Have you done the ascendent chests? I got it to drop for me this cycle on the hidden chests. I'm now just waiting for Shattered Throne and praying one of my attempts drops the ship.

Ascendant chests?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

Ascendant chests?

Here's a Reddit list of them all.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »

Ascendant chests?

The hidden chests that you can find on the invisible platforms (and elsewhere) in Dreaming City when you have popped a Queensfoil.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Yoooooo Gwisin vest is fucking busted. Haha how the fuck did this make it to live?