As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    There 5 more seasonal levels with stuff to do after you get the Haedrig's gift #3.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I completed the entire season last season. All the way through Guardian. It took me 85 hours.

I'm on track to complete Guardian WAY faster this time.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Anyway, I'm about to challenge GR70 solo. Wish me luck!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Question about CoE. Does the bonus damage count at time of spell cast or spell contact? Like when the Holy damage is up, and I spam a bunch of Hammers, do the ones that hit after Holy damage rotates out (but casted beforehand) still have the damage bonus?

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I think it’s (almost?) always spell contact.

So existing hammers will return to normal after Holy, but even hammers cast before the Holy cycle will be boosted during it.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I’m doing a crusader, and tryna get the weapon and shield. Got the wrists back at level 22 or so, pants around 50. Livin dat Hammer lyfe.

Anyway, I’m all riftin’ and game gave me 3 goblin *packs* in the same rift. Game’s all “nah, you cap america nao. Here’s a Foote and a Jekangbord.”

“K”

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Well I did it.

I made a wiz, have been power leveled to 70.

I thought I wasn't gonna, but I did

Al_wat wrote: »
    Well I did it.

I made a wiz, have been power leveled to 70.

I thought I wasn't gonna, but I did
    I'm his enabler.

I beat my level 70 GRift and was apparently rewarded for my enabling with this heartbreaker...

Qtby87s.jpg?1

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    I mean, it's not perfect, but you can turn punish in to something useful haha :D

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    Yeah, I'd reroll it to Vit of course, but not landing that all res is disappointing.

Finished up haedrigs on my wizard - the final one gave me 2 ancients, chest and pants.

Vyrs is not the most ideal set but I'm making it work. When I get the right pieces, the speed will carry me through to farm mode no problem.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I'm finding levelling a real drag. It's usually my favourite part of these games but I got to 50 and uuuuuuuugh I don't wanna level any more.

Is there a power levelling community on the switch? And how do you join it? I've got no idea about the multiplayer parts of this game.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    You can search the channels in the community tab for power or pl and should find a channel to ask.
    You could also join the PA clan / channel and ask there. Assuming you're on PC.

How it works on consoles I'm not sure.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    How do you set up those massive kill streaks?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Anyone else playing on Switch and having the graphics struggle a bit?

So I’m actually pretty happy with the LoN buff, after just a handful of ancients was able to push a fresh necro right up to t10.

Instead of switching back and forth for Kadala, it’ll be much more fun to gear an alt by just playing it.

• zerospace195zerospace195 stuck in an infinite loop Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    So I’m actually pretty happy with the LoN buff, after just a handful of ancients was able to push a fresh necro right up to t10.

Instead of switching back and forth for Kadala, it’ll be much more fun to gear an alt by just playing it.

Damn, so you're saying I should've just geared up my wiz with a bunch of ancients rolled for my DH plus LoN? I guess it's too late now. All I need to try out the new tal rasha buff for the wiz is karini and deathwish. =P

Noggin wrote: »

Damn, so you're saying I should've just geared up my wiz with a bunch of ancients rolled for my DH plus LoN? I guess it's too late now. All I need to try out the new tal rasha buff for the wiz is karini and deathwish. =P

It’s a pain trying to find ancients that are already good enough to just flip dex->int, and I did drop some DBs to get the tragoul scythe and reilena's.

Could probably just wear the dex ones anyway I guess.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i've been stuck at torment vii for hours, unable to find a single piece that meaningfully moves my build forward since getting my 6-set

please.. where is a wormwood :(

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    You can search the channels in the community tab for power or pl and should find a channel to ask.
    You could also join the PA clan / channel and ask there. Assuming you're on PC.

How it works on consoles I'm not sure.

I didn't find anything like this for Switch, but in looking I found the suggestion to craft a level 70 weapon with -level requirement, and that's made a nice difference.

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    i've been stuck at torment vii for hours, unable to find a single piece that meaningfully moves my build forward since getting my 6-set

Remember that you can gamble with 25 db's (+ other mats you usually don't run out of past day 1) with the cube, to upgrade a rare into a legendary. Now there's roughly 12 staves, so far from guaranteed and getting an ancient is rough,

Also, levelling the gem with +elite damage / -damage taken from elite to 25 from your first greater rifts is usually a good idea. That gem is basically a tier or two of damage/survivability until your build comes together. (It doesn't scale past 25, so high gems overtake it)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Finally got my N6M3 going. Need to get a couple pieces to finalize. And of course better stats. Gonna have to gr a bunch for my gems as well.

50433.png?1708759015
    edited January 2019
    SanderJK wrote: »

Remember that you can gamble with 25 db's (+ other mats you usually don't run out of past day 1) with the cube, to upgrade a rare into a legendary. Now there's roughly 12 staves, so far from guaranteed and getting an ancient is rough,

Also, levelling the gem with +elite damage / -damage taken from elite to 25 from your first greater rifts is usually a good idea. That gem is basically a tier or two of damage/survivability until your build comes together. (It doesn't scale past 25, so high gems overtake it)

oh yeah i've been doing all the stuff (including getting all my gems to 25), i just keep getting pieces that don't impact the build at all and it's super clunky to play without wormwood (which i'll immediately be sticking in the cube)

profile link: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/dehumanized-1854/hero/70246835

Dehumanized on
    To be fair, wormwood just makes you lazy. It's by no means necessary and Furnace will treat you better. The obvious flaw there is that furnace can be as big a pain, or more so to get than wormwood.

Once you have enough enemies around you 1 cast of locust swarm and the pestilence from your vile hive will spread it around without having to worry about multi casting locust.

I'm guessing the only reason you've doubled up on RoE is because you had it? The bonus won't stack so it's not worth it. Get a compass rose and travellers pledge.

You'll need your Sacred harvest dagger, vile hive mojo and the voodoo mask, I can't remember it's name off the top of my head, in your cube.

edited January 2019
    Klatu wrote: »
    To be fair, wormwood just makes you lazy. It's by no means necessary and Furnace will treat you better. The obvious flaw there is that furnace can be as big a pain, or more so to get than wormwood.

Once you have enough enemies around you 1 cast of locust swarm and the pestilence from your vile hive will spread it around without having to worry about multi casting locust.

I'm guessing the only reason you've doubled up on RoE is because you had it? The bonus won't stack so it's not worth it. Get a compass rose and travellers pledge.

You'll need your Sacred harvest dagger, vile hive mojo and the voodoo mask, I can't remember it's name off the top of my head, in your cube.

Yeah, I'm using the double RoE because it's my second best legendary ring. Anywhere I'm not using a good piece, it's because the good pieces aren't dropping, keeping me down at T7.

Stuff like furnace is so far out of consideration right now; I'm currently just trying to get enough pieces such that I can even put the right abilities on my bar for my build. Without wormwood/vile ward I'm basically just down a skill slot because I have to put locust swam on my bar at all, and playing is really clunky due to the mana problems that having to constantly recast LS engenders.

Dehumanized on
    Back in my day, Wormwood was just a plain ass staff with an above average chance to fear roll and no special affix.

I'm not calling out bad play, I'm just genuinely curious, but how many times are you casting locust, because if you're doing 2 casts (1 is enough if you give it time to spread), grouping things up with piranhas and haunting, when you soul harvest you should get back ALL your mana.

Cast haunt to get things interested in you and start walking in your direction. When things are grouping up, 1 or 2 at most locusts to start the spread. Once everything's chasing you and things are getting fun, piranhas, gather them up and Soul Harvest. I'd be very surprised if you should ever hit mana issues.

You're not wrong that wormwood would make this easier, but I'd still not want to get rid of locusts off your bars.

For right now, I'd highly recommend on getting:
    Lakumbras bracers instead of Nems.
    Sacred dagger to synergise with lakumbras and soul harvest.
    Vile ward mojo (looks like a bee/wasp hive)
    Quetzsomething voodoo mask for cube.

Easier said than done I know, but lakumbras and the dagger alone will bump you up to torment X, as long as you keep your stacks up to 10 you'll almost never die. I'd also consider swapping out Gruesome feast passive for confidence ritual, once you get the dagger/bracer.

In the short term, if you get a cindercoat, cube it and change your locusts to the fire locust rune, it will help with mana issues.

edited January 2019
    Klatu wrote: »
    I'm not calling out bad play, I'm just genuinely curious, but how many times are you casting locust, because if you're doing 2 casts (1 is enough if you give it time to spread), grouping things up with piranhas and haunting, when you soul harvest you should get back ALL your mana.

Cast haunt to get things interested in you and start walking in your direction. When things are grouping up, 1 or 2 at most locusts to start the spread. Once everything's chasing you and things are getting fun, piranhas, gather them up and Soul Harvest. I'd be very surprised if you should ever hit mana issues.

You're not wrong that wormwood would make this easier, but I'd still not want to get rid of locusts off your bars.

For right now, I'd highly recommend on getting:
    Lakumbras bracers instead of Nems.
    Sacred dagger to synergise with lakumbras and soul harvest.
    Vile ward mojo (looks like a bee/wasp hive)
    Quetzsomething voodoo mask for cube.

Easier said than done I know, but lakumbras and the dagger alone will bump you up to torment X, as long as you keep your stacks up to 10 you'll almost never die. I'd also consider swapping out Gruesome feast passive for confidence ritual, once you get the dagger/bracer.

In the short term, if you get a cindercoat, cube it and change your locusts to the fire locust rune, it will help with mana issues.

ah i think i see the confusion

my profile is wearing jade (literally just got a fifth piece of it on my lunch break) but my issues are with an arachyr's build, where hardcasting locust swarm impacts your capacity to cast firebats and there's no soul harvest in the build for refill.

Dehumanized on
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Doesn't arachyr use the bat staff?

E.Coyote wrote: »
    Doesn't arachyr use the bat staff?

i don't have it

• SealSeal Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Had a guy log on in guild last night and I decided to help him level his seasonal char, so I tell him to crank it to t6 and start a rift. So we get in, he's level 9 and it's a cow rift. We get to the cow gauntlet and it turns out every kill grants bonus xp at a flat rate. So floor one of this rift he's 67. We finish the rift 5 minutes later and he's 70.

Seal on
    edited January 2019
    Cow rift is best rift for PL hands down.

edit: Get yourself a gem of ease for more xp and you can 1-70 in that "event"

Klatu on
    I'm not sure if I've ever even seen a cow rift...

On the opening night of the season, I jumped into Klatu’s game right on time for the cow gauntlet. We shot up like 5 levels. :D

I just cleared a 70 GR on my wiz, got my free Ancient.

Wizard is my only season character.

I got a motherfucking Scrimshaw. A scrimshaw! What the fuck

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    yeah, I got some Primal Pox Faulds

womp womp

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    nothing beats my primal homing pads.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2019
    8 hours played on my character this season, finally i upgrade a staff into a wormwood and jump to t10

Dehumanized on
This discussion has been closed.