As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular

I can't figure out what the goal is for the Mariners

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the Mariners must have a bunch of farm players ready to go

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    They have one of the worst farms in baseball

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

I can't figure out what the goal is for the Mariners

Step 1: Assemble the lowest team salary in the MLB
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit.

(She/Her)
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They're trading for players that they can trade for prospects before the deadline.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm down with it.

Plus Dipoto has to make a trade every three days or he'll die.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Edgar Martinez is a Hall of Famer, suck it Bob Costas

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i want to watch baseball this year, is the mlb streaming service worth??

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Mariano Rivera was a unanimous pick, nice.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019

It's one of the better services out there, unless you live near your favorite team because Blackout restrictions are still a thing.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure when WWE Network first went online they were working with MLB Advanced Media, as is HBO Now, WatchESPN, and a few other services.

Goose! on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I wonder if they'll still give it to T Mobile customers.

ph blake wrote: »

There’s another pick that will have the old fuddy-duddies fuming.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »

It's one of the better services out there, unless you live near your favorite team because Blackout restrictions are still a thing.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure when WWE Network first went online they were working with MLB Advanced Media, as is HBO Now, WatchESPN, and a few other services.

Nah i'd probably watch SF and i live in Seattle now, i think i'd be ok

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    knitdan wrote: »

Good!

If you're in the fantasy baseball league and you see this... Hop into discord more often! Trades have started being discussed! Don't want to miss out!

If you're in the fantasy baseball league and you see this... Hop into discord more often! Trades have started being discussed! Don't want to miss out!

@Maximum @FortyTwo @admanb

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Rivera is the first ever unanimous section, eh

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Good!

Harrumph!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I was thinking of picking up MLB's streaming service but the Cubs have spent the entire offseason pissing me off, so I'm not sure I want to pay to watch them

Meanwhile the Angels have done nothing but sign one year deals.

Cody Allen - 8.5 million
    Jonathan Lucroy - 3.35 million
    Trevor Cahill - 9 million
    Matt Harvey - 11 million
    Justin Bour - 2.5 million

Only MLB contract they've signed this off season longer than 1 year was for 3 years to new manager Brad Ausmus.

Looking like another 3rd place year for the Angels.

(She/Her)
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    you probably dont want to sign any of those guys for more than one year.

Angels should be competitive this year, but Ausmus is a very bad manager so who knows.

edited January 2019
    A lot of it will come down to if our pitchers stay healthy, but our rotation is pretty much worse than it was last year before injuries. No more Garret Richards(he's good when he's healthy anyway), Ohtani won't be pitching this year, etc. Instead we've got Cahill and Harvey.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I was thinking of picking up MLB's streaming service but the Cubs have spent the entire offseason pissing me off, so I'm not sure I want to pay to watch them

You just need to wait until someone builds a streaming service on the roof next door and buy it from them instead

edited January 2019
    Ok... So about half the league has barely communicated. We need to get everyone in and ready to go.

Keepers close on 2/10

ADP closes 2/8

@EscapeGoat
    @admanb
    @Maximum
    @FortyTwo
    @Hjorvarthr
    @Angry
    @Goose!
    @Schide
    @PizzleStixx

Myself and the two who aren't on the forums.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    2/10! Craziness!

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    can we please update the thread title to indicate the pirates elimination status as per: the 2019 world series

You know I'm in

Jasconius wrote: »
    can we please update the thread title to indicate the pirates elimination status as per: the 2019 world series

There we go

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Thanks for that

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Thanks for that

There's always hope.

@EscapeGoat
    @admanb
    @Maximum
    @FortyTwo
    @Angry
    @Schide

There's a vote going on (either here or in the Discord): Stick with ESPN or move to Fantrax

It's official baseball time! Wooo! Pitchers & Catchers report in 8 days!

ADP LOCKS ON THE 8TH

KEEPERS DUE BY THE TENTH

GET YOUR ASSES IN GEAR

• FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Hey guys. I’m sorry life has been chaotic. I will meet all deadlines and I will be back more regularly

FortyTwo wrote: »
    Hey guys. I’m sorry life has been chaotic. I will meet all deadlines and I will be back more regularly

Yay! Good. We miss you!

Second non keeper league just for funsies

Ten teams.

I'm going to change some of the scoring and such when I get a chance

Draft day TBD

http://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/league/join?leagueId=20021467&inviteId=87b7c5a9-965b-4549-be1e-e73dcbfcd934

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm currently angry enough with the Cubs' ownership that I'm wondering if I even want to watch baseball this year. It's not really been a secret that they're largely pro-Trump, but they've just...ramped up their bullshit this offseason. I know pretty much all major sports owners are terrible, garbage people, but...fuck, the Ricketts family seems like they're gunning for the top spot.

And it's not, ultimately that important, if I don't watch a baseball game, but I've been a fan of this team essentially since I was old enough to understand what baseball was, and it's one of the few pieces of common ground I have with my family. I don't want to toss all of that away, but I also don't want to have, "todd rickets is using the money he made off of you buying this hat to help spread shit all over the place" in the back of my mind every time Javy Baez does something cool. It fucking sucks.

Few things

1. Sign up for my league up there!
    2. @Maximum are you planning on playing? Keepers are kicking in a few days. Need you there or need to find someone else.
    3. WHO WANTS IN THE KEEPER LEAGUE IF MAXIMUM LEAVES?

If he shows up you'll be on standby for the next opening. If he doesn't, you'll take over his team.

Just please be prepared to be active and work on your team. Also you'll want to have discord

This discussion has been closed.