As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Frankly as long as you're wearing underwear (or a strategic sporran) I wouldn't worry too much about the knee gap thing. As long as you're not flashing genitals it's not really any different from wearing bike shorts or leggings.

For bonus points, get some fun underoos that say "BOO!" on the crotch.

That seems to be the approach most Scottish people I've met go with. Only without the undies.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Frankly as long as you're wearing underwear (or a strategic sporran) I wouldn't worry too much about the knee gap thing. As long as you're not flashing genitals it's not really any different from wearing bike shorts or leggings.

That seems to be the approach most Scottish people I've met go with. Only without the undies.

I can attest my Scottish buddy goes commando when he rocks his kilt. boo windy days.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

I like this idea

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I wonder if Junji Ito has any underwear merch...

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Gentlemanly pants question:

I've noticed that on my tighter fitting jeans that the volume in the crotch area is smaller and thus more prone to become an oven than in my looser, carpenter style jeans. This is the case even with gold bond. Is it that the denim is too thick? Or should I focus on getting something with more room in the future?

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    It was this that I ordered

Hope it fits
    Ice_Fractal_Winter_Flannel_Green_Red_1_2000x.jpg?v=1547685379

poo
    Einzel wrote: »

I've noticed that on my tighter fitting jeans that the volume in the crotch area is smaller and thus more prone to become an oven than in my looser, carpenter style jeans. This is the case even with gold bond. Is it that the denim is too thick? Or should I focus on getting something with more room in the future?

Might need jeans that have just more room in butt even if they taper slimmer lower
    I have a big butt and some jeans just don’t have good space for it and thus crotch is doomed

poo
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That's a nice shirt

Solar wrote: »
    That's a nice shirt

Hopefully
    Was an unecessary splurge
    But if I slowly get rid of all my cheap stuff and end up with pricey durable stuff that lasts forever that will be good

Just gotta do the getting rid of stuff part...

poo
  • BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular

I hope this isn’t too personal, BUT!

What kind of underwear are you rocking? I stick to lululemon boxer briefs that are durable as hell and breathe really well. They’re obscenely expensive compared to the 6 packs of cotton Calvin Kleins I used to get at Marshall’s but they’re worth the extra money. In comfort, cost per wear, and addressing the swamp crotch problem you described, I feel high end underthings are vital.

I have yet to encounter a pair of pants that have been too hot since switching up my draws. Worth a look

PSN: thewheelz
  • DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    @minor incident wew glad you like them man, it's great to have feedback on that stuff

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    If we're talking about good boxer-briefs, I am throwing Duluth Trading into the ring. They make some of the most comfortable pairs I've ever worn.

sig.gif
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    FYbcRKI.jpg?1

I felt pretty good about that pattern mixing with my outfit today

The rest of me felt like death because I was out until five in the freaking morning like some sort of person in my twenties

But at least I think I looked pretty fly outwardly

...also yes I did pick up that towel.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    As a 100% layman, it totally works and I think it's because they all share those brown/golden shades that tie up the look

Even though the patterns are distinct everything pulls together

(everything I learnt about colour and patterns and all that is from painting Space Marines mind)

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    (everything I learnt about colour and patterns and all that is from painting Space Marines mind)

You're right, she does need a couple more purity seals

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I don't really know much about Warhammer but I'm pretty sure if you try to tack a purity seal onto me it's gonna melt right off

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    d4u0rgc-8947d179-c6b4-4a77-a6a8-6ac3afd6608d.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    heresy.meme

sig.gif
    LS you look like a time traveler.

Bubs wrote: »

I hope this isn’t too personal, BUT!

What kind of underwear are you rocking? I stick to lululemon boxer briefs that are durable as hell and breathe really well. They’re obscenely expensive compared to the 6 packs of cotton Calvin Kleins I used to get at Marshall’s but they’re worth the extra money. In comfort, cost per wear, and addressing the swamp crotch problem you described, I feel high end underthings are vital.

I have yet to encounter a pair of pants that have been too hot since switching up my draws. Worth a look

Just cheapo cotton boxers. I'll look into higher end stuff. Thanks!

I didn't know this was a personal goal of mine until right this moment.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    Man I wish I had the money to afford one of those RRL cardigans

RRL stuff is pretty

But I need a lot more money to be buying that stuff

poo
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I often feel better about myself after a good shower where I shampoo and condition my beard and brush and put some of my nice oil stuff in it after.

It smells so good.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I didn't know this was a personal goal of mine until right this moment.

Add a wide-brimmed hat and you're damn near cosplaying Carmen Sandiego...

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Sandra you look COOL AS HELL

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    But Hell is allegedly very warm!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Not for the treacherous it ain't!

• grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    I wanna steal that coat.

• POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Gc4UfuNl.jpg

it's been cold enough for this thing the last few days

been playing with layers under it. that's a 3sixteen vest over the sweater in that shot. tried it over a light-colored jacket over a blank white tee and some much slimmer black jeans and was also pleased with how that looked, might break that out again later in the week

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
    edited January 2019
    it is kinda funny how i went from having 0 3sixteen things and not knowing about them to a lot of things

i met the founder in the store when i got that first flannel he was a nice guy

someday i'll be rich though and will buy an RRL cardigan

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    the 3s dudes are nice people yeah

takes some of the sting out of the pricetags haha

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Quality customer service is great, yeah

I needed a leather belt, and the Brave Star people were so nice, I figured I would check their site first.

And they have belts, so I bought one.

https://bravestarselvage.com/products/the-raw-leather-belt

I had ordered the bourbon color, but they had an error in their inventory. They contacted me right away and asked what I would like to do. I went with the raw leather one, I'll see how that works out

• denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2019
    That's a nice shirt

Hopefully
    Was an unecessary splurge
    But if I slowly get rid of all my cheap stuff and end up with pricey durable stuff that lasts forever that will be good

Just gotta do the getting rid of stuff part...

Flathead stuff is sooooo nice. I have a western flannel and two short sleeve checks. The short sleeve checks were 2017/2018 and everyone complained about the fit but I've never had a shirt fit me better. I loved one so much that I bought it twice!

denihilist on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I bought some new fun nail polishes! I'm planning on trying out some nail designs for the first time (nail stamping, nail decals, etc) and decided I should document it all....Instagram style! By which I mean making the photos nice and color-corrected, and using Photoshop to pretend I have perfect cuticles ha ha ha but no seriously

KB Shimmer: "Oh Splat"
    Metallic glitter suspended in a translucent white creme base. I used a matte top coat for the first time here! Really love how this came out.
    bupq9kw9bgev.jpg

Cirque Colors: "XX"
    This is a really fun one! A glitter topper with HOLOGRAPHIC, translucent-color glitter particles in different shapes and four distinctly different sizes. I did this over a black base. The first photo is sharp for clarity, and I took a second one that was intentionally out-of-focus, because that shows some of the the holographic colors.
    qr8y1h41wqgf.jpg
    pxe44tx4k0dw.jpg

NightDragon on
    Mine should arrive soon
    I loved the color on the website

:0

Damn my friend at work for getting me into all this nice stuff
    But it’s
    So nice

poo
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    that second set is cool as fuck ND

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

The first one reminds me of those Robin Egg candies you can get around easter, I think its the matte finish. Both are very cool.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

The first one reminds me of those Robin Egg candies you can get around easter, I think its the matte finish. Both are very cool.

I have to avoid those because they're so delicious I can't stop eating them.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

that's what it is okay now I can sleep tonight

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me