As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    (whoops I forgot to take a photo of the postcards but they are extremely pretty!)

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Phew, glad it all made it there safe!

PS: the knives are custom engraved on the opposite side, in case anyone ever tries to steal them!

Now we need to see the other side!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I don't know how concerned you are about doxxing, tynic, but it's your name in katakana

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Holy shit godmode

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Glorious Nippon steel, folded ten thousand times

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Godmode continuing the tradition of gifting dangerous bladed goods. Awesome!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Glorious Nippon steel, folded ten thousand times

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Godmode continuing the tradition of gifting dangerous bladed goods. Awesome!

That's been my secret all along.....they've all been weapons...

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    That leapfrog is deadly

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    So like an hour after landing in San Antonio for PAX I got a text from the apartment office that I got a package. GG shipping companies. Well played.

steam_sig.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 23RD

Gifts are finally scheduled to arrive!

I'm super sorry it took so long!!

• IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    @KetBra The remainder of my gifts were sent on their way. I can't wait for you to get them!

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So.. I'm going out of town on Wednesday the 23rd, exactly as my mail is being delivered.. Odd coincidence..

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    Hey @JimBobtheMonkey did you ever end up getting my last package?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    . wrote: »
    So.. I'm going out of town on Wednesday the 23rd, exactly as my mail is being delivered.. Odd coincidence..

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am your Secret Satan... But you might be the only person who hasn't received a gift so...

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Now that I’m home and have time I should reveal that my Satan was @Goose!

His final gift was the gift of free karaoke! If you want images you should check out the PAX South thread. Thanks for everything, the movies are great and karaoke is always fun.

I have returned home and opened two more packages from Satan. Sadly my cats are not cooperating with my attempts to stage a photo, so I'll have to take some boring catless pics here in a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

I can neither confirm nor deny that I am your Secret Satan... But you might be the only person who hasn't received a gift so...

Incorrect

Though I’ve been told mine is on the way

edited January 2019
    I returned home from several days out of town, to find, not one, but two parcels awaiting me.
    I opened them and as far as I can tell, it's some sort of altar which draws power from the ley lines in my home to incinerate offerings of flesh.
    cpcpvx2ekycl.jpg
    Also accompanying them, was some sort of ritual text that I am supposed to chant.
    5ahz1fwbe8b3.jpg
    Levy immediately set to work preparing the sacrifice.
    Thank you very much, ever mysterious Satan!

Apologizes for the dumb portrait video. I had to strike while the iron was hot.
    Dinner was not present as he is being a grumpus from having just visited the vet. While I was at PAX he scratched a whole bunch of fur off his ear and it was gross and oozy. Seems he had an infected cut.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    Update: Levy has figured out the bed.

steam_sig.png

I figured I was probably pretty close to the only one at least, which is why I made the joke. I'm not going anywhere. Now I think I shall set up my hammock in the front yard Wednesday and merely.. wait. With snacks and a beverage.

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Hey JimBobtheMonkey did you ever end up getting my last package?
    I have not yet. The two games I posted about are what I've received so far.

Package 1 has been delivered! A day early!

Let's say you ARE my Secret Satan, is there supposed to be 2 packages? Because, funny enough, I actually am not home, but I was told I got 2 packages.

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    And just like that, a package arrived this afternoon!
    After sliding it out of the box, Bella and I inspect the discarded remains of an old New Yorker.
    Q0qRvqDl.jpg
    A note! TL:DR treats from Canada, socks from a brewery, and... Shaq-Fu
    LURKEQAl.jpg
    First up: some Big Rock cock socks
    uTnsYITl.jpg
    Next up: Candy!
    3yrAGAyl.jpg
    and finally: not one, not two, but three fucking copies of Shaq-Fu
    qj8qyq0l.jpg
    Thank you so much! The socks are awesome. We actually had Malteesers here occasionally in the last year or so, but the rest will be new to me. And.. yay shaq-fu

Bonus sock pic
    t8533H7l.jpg

Secret bonus Bella pic
    lBSSsD2l.jpg

Let's say you ARE my Secret Satan, is there supposed to be 2 packages? Because, funny enough, I actually am not home, but I was told I got 2 packages.

If I were... I noticed that the second package was out for delivery as well just didn't get a notification that it was delivered.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Gifts have arrived, and photos have been taken! I just need to figure out a good way to get them down to forum-appropriate sizes and I’ll put up a proper post

Spoiler: I am excite.

I thiiiiiiiiiink that's everybody gifted!

If you haven't gotten a gift, please PM me!

Okay here we here we go!

A mysterious package arrived, from parts unknown. Luckily, I have a trained scent detection dog to check it out. Unluckily, he’s still pretty early in his training, and really only knows how to find the training scents. Other, less trained dogs helped as well.
    8n0qsxssqvsj.jpeg
    kprmi1nrmg6q.jpeg

Having determined there were no traces of thyme or wintergreen on the exterior of the package, I proceeded to open it up:. My helpers were kind enough to continue to offer assistance.
    6gfpsjfvrydy.jpeg

First up:
    a new probe thermometer! My current probe thermometer is incredibly slow and the display can only be read from very specific, brightly-lit angles. This is a welcome upgrade, and one that will be used often.
    sk9r7ryhphbd.jpeg

Second:
    A dough scraper! Up to now I’ve been mixing pasta dough by hand and dulling my least favourite knife to get the residue off the work surface. This will work much better.
    mbmzvztz213v.jpeg

Third:
    God of War! This franchise was not really my jam in previous incarnations, but the pivot to Angry Dad Simulator seemed to win over a lot of people whose taste I trust, and what I saw of the gameplay looked rad as heck so helllll yes.
    0821yi5716ra.jpeg

Fourth:
    Giant Bomb’s Game of the Year Tetris Effect! This was almost entirely off my radar until just before Secret Satans started, and my desire to play it has only increased since I put it on my wish list. This is currently installing on my PS4 as I type this.
    6fkvohw0fi1n.jpeg

Fifth:
    Silicone Baking Mats! I’ve gotten into baking scones recently and these will be a big improvement, especially with stickier ingredients like cheese.
    hhnm2xn7hmye.jpeg

Okay, at this point things got interesting, in that my helpers’ desire to help suddenly increased. Dramatically.

Sixth:
    Pardon the blurry photo, it was the best I could get with the assistance I was receiving. The label says “Habanero Mustard.” I says “I have a pork shoulder from a local farm that this sauce is going to be very good friends with, very soon.”
    rqmnk1s88axv.jpeg

Seventh:
    Okay, so I have a lot of helpers. More than usual, as we’ve a couple guests this week. The interest in helping with this final gift was, I think, a bit excessive?
    s1ell7b5crf4.jpeg
    Or not excessive at all? Tex-Mex BBQ Sauce! Rated 5 inquisitive Collies out of 5, and I can’t wait to try it. So I won’t, I’m having a meat pie tonight that this is absolutely going on.
    r2k1i9aw4vwe.jpeg

The final haul! Thank you so much @Lasbrook, I’m excited in like, 3 different directions at once.
    jav0cahv4bob.jpeg

And just like that, a package arrived this afternoon!
    After sliding it out of the box, Bella and I inspect the discarded remains of an old New Yorker.
    Q0qRvqDl.jpg
    A note! TL:DR treats from Canada, socks from a brewery, and... Shaq-Fu
    LURKEQAl.jpg
    First up: some Big Rock cock socks
    uTnsYITl.jpg
    Next up: Candy!
    3yrAGAyl.jpg
    and finally: not one, not two, but three fucking copies of Shaq-Fu
    qj8qyq0l.jpg
    Thank you so much! The socks are awesome. We actually had Malteesers here occasionally in the last year or so, but the rest will be new to me. And.. yay shaq-fu

Bonus sock pic
    t8533H7l.jpg

Secret bonus Bella pic
    lBSSsD2l.jpg

I have had those copies of Shaq Fu for literally over 10 years now.

I honestly don't know why I kept them through nine moves, but I did, for some ungodly reason.

Also Coffee Crisp are the best.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Did Goatmon get anything

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hooray! I’m so glad things made it even if I did take my sweet ass time getting them to you(sorry). I was a little worried as once everything left the US the tracking never got any more specific than “CANADA”.

Since this is turning into the week I try to sell people on Valentina’s, if y’all are ever in Austin I highly recommend it. The morning I picked up those sauces I also got myself this:
    ISDAksbh.jpg

Oh my gosh those look good, goddamn.

Also, can confirm that Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ sauce is every bit as delicious as the dogs thought it would be. The meat pies themselves are pretty bland and always need some sort of sauce and this is 100% the best I’ve tried on them.

No worries about the timing, this was absolutely worth the wait.

Lasbrook wrote: »
    Hooray! I’m so glad things made it even if I did take my sweet ass time getting them to you(sorry). I was a little worried as once everything left the US the tracking never got any more specific than “CANADA”.

Since this is turning into the week I try to sell people on Valentina’s, if y’all are ever in Austin I highly recommend it. The morning I picked up those sauces I also got myself this:
    ISDAksbh.jpg

I dude, I just got back from Texas, why are you making me want to return!?

steam_sig.png
    Did Goatmon get anything

That's a good question

@Goatmon

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna spoil myself as @Fig-D's Satan! Only because there IS a final gift arriving from Parts Distant but I've been traveling for work and then at actual work like constantly through January, so I haven't had time to go to the post office, even on Saturday when it's open and I'm not at work.

@tynic also has something that will be sent off this Saturday.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    oh yeah? well i have another package for YOU that uh ... probably won't be sent off this saturday, if I'm realistic.

But just you wait.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Brolo wrote: »
    Did Goatmon get anything

That's a good question

@Goatmon

Uh yeah, I posted about it over a month ago. Apparently in the wrong thread. lol

Quoted, for your convenience.
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Stuff came for me!

I recorded the unboxing with my phone, but it directed to my headset for audio so I apologize for the garbage sound quality. lol

It appears my Satan this is... @Muzzmuzz ! Thank you very much Muzzmuzz! IDK if you sent me the box ('cause I didn't see your name in there) but the gloves are deeply appreciated either way. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnS6fukT1K0

Pictures of the haul.
    gUtATfl.jpg?2

n8YROiJ.jpg?2

FTbzx4s.jpg?2

Woo! Hail Satan! :D

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204