As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Whatever happened to the [TV] Thread?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Conan knows Spanish iirc

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    are you sure he didn't know huevos is a euphemism

I choose to inhabit the universe in which he did not. NO ONE TELL ME OTHERWISE.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    So i'm giving The Passage a try.

Only mid way on episode 2 but so far this show isn't too bad. It's a bit too heartwarming for a genre show about psychic vampires, but maybe that changes?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    So i'm giving The Passage a try.

Only mid way on episode 2 but so far this show isn't too bad. It's a bit too heartwarming for a genre show about psychic vampires, but maybe that changes?

A lot more shit happens in the book before anything wholesome happens. I'm thinking the show is going to go dark

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm officially all caught up on Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Alan Ritchson playing a very young Scully is maybe my favorite casting so far on the show.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah I binged B99 over the holidays and am so glad I found the show.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it's so good!

I'm actually considering watching the whole thing a third time after this season ends

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    so does you become a dexter kind of thing where the hateful, creepy narrator (who is nice to kids) acts as guardian serial killer to the cute literary girl

i guess that's a show

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    so does you become a dexter kind of thing where the hateful, creepy narrator (who is nice to kids) acts as guardian serial killer to the cute literary girl

i guess that's a show

You shouldn't try to predict where Lifetime's You will go.

That is the path of a fool.

Lifetime's You does whatever it wants whenever it wants.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    when you are watching lifetime's you, you will be bombarded with plot and smut

you will not believe, when summing up where you are at in the show, that you are only that far in the show

it is basically the perfect approximation of what's in my brain at any given time, minus some pigs

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Zonugal wrote: »
    bsjezz wrote: »

i guess that's a show

You shouldn't try to predict where Lifetime's You will go.

That is the path of a fool.

Lifetime's You does whatever it wants whenever it wants.

like kill the main guy?

alright, i'm in

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Lifetime's You saw that every adult character on Riverdale was a monster and said, "Hold my artisan-crafted IPA."

Besides two supporting characters, everyone else in that entire universe is the worst.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    good thing my partner watched riverdale without me then, i guess?

i'm thinking based on my hardly-masked disinterest last night she'll do the same with (lifetime's) you

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    You is like...imagine There's Something About Mary, but written by VC Andrews

• Options
    The joy of Lifetime's You is waiting for every character to reveal their monstrous nature.

Because it will happen in a way that'll either make you laugh or hurl profanity at your TV screen.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I read about You on Wikipedia and recognized it as the show I saw on Netflix and thought "Well that seems like a terrible idea for a show."

• Options
    in lifetime's you, one of the villains is peach sallinger (of those sallingers. you know. the catcher in the rye guy.)

she is played by a pretty little liar and negs everyone at all times

peach is maybe the middle of the pack of monsters in this show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So what I'm hearing is I need to watch Lifetime's You.

• Options
    there is an entire episode of lifetime's you where the main guy gets roasted for and then tries to make up for premature ejaculation

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I'M ALREADY SOLD!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That was quick.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    That was quick.

That's what happens when all of the right things are said.

• Options
    Jason Mantzoukas should make a cameo in everything.

Hes hosting a Lost/Entourage podcast now

WHAT?!?!?

You should listen to the good place podcast for last week

I should ask, is this any good?

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Jason Mantzoukas should make a cameo in everything.

Hes hosting a Lost/Entourage podcast now

WHAT?!?!?

You should listen to the good place podcast for last week

I should ask, is this any good?

Yes, very

It is essentially episode commentary and it's hosted by Marc Evan Jackson and it has fake ads read by the cast

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    CW finally ordered a pilot for the Lost Boys show they developed with Rob Thomas in 2016. Thomas is busy with the Hulu Veronica Mars, so this will be redeveloped by writer Heather Mitchell (Scandal, Grey's Anatomy)

After their dad's sudden death, two bros move to Santa Carla with their mom, who hopes to start fresh in the town she grew up in. But the bros find themselves drawn deeper into the seductive world of Santa Carla's eternally beautiful youthful undead

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I've been very gradually watching A Very English Scandal, and I don't know if it's Brexit or what but while it's clearly very good, I'm finding that particular brand of farcical bleakness hard to take in more than ten minute doses.

Doesn't help that it's a true story, either.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    CW finally ordered a pilot for the Lost Boys show they developed with Rob Thomas in 2016. Thomas is busy with the Hulu Veronica Mars, so this will be redeveloped by writer Heather Mitchell (Scandal, Grey's Anatomy)

After their dad's sudden death, two bros move to Santa Carla with their mom, who hopes to start fresh in the town she grew up in. But the bros find themselves drawn deeper into the seductive world of Santa Carla's eternally beautiful youthful undead

Can Santa Carla people visit Santa Clarita?

They could have an undead exchange program.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular

The only important question is if The Frog Brothers will be involved.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    huh, I somehow completely missed that Netflix was adapting Gerard Way's The Umbrella Academy with Ellen Page, but here's a trailer for it

https://youtu.be/0DAmWHxeoKw

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I'm not a big fan of Lost Boys the movie, it just never hit me quite right

But I recognize that I should be a fan of it

So I'm very interested in how this will turn out

• Options
    maybe it just wasn't sexy enough for you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't remember it being very sexy, so yeah, that's definitely part of it

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Uh that sax player is a sex machine

• Options
    yeah but now imagine the cw version of that sax player, graham

he would be almost too sexy

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

I'll probably try this but if it's like every other CW show I'm gonna be asleep after the first twenty minutes

• Options
    yeah but now imagine the cw version of that sax player, graham

he would be almost too sexy

They're going to CGI him using the sexiest parts of the sexiest people in the world.

No one man is sexy enough on his own.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

I thought it had already been renewed, but here's official confirmation I guess

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

I thought it had already been renewed, but here's official confirmation I guess

Actually its apparently coming back in April so this is a weird way to announce this?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Other CW pilots that got announced as picked up/ordered:

Jane The Novela: Jane The Virgin spinoff telenovela anthology, each season based on a different fictional novel "written by" and narrated by Jane. First installment takes place at a Napa Valley Vineyard, where family secrets (and members) don't stay buried long

Katy Keene: Riverdale spinoff musical dramedy, chronicling origins and struggles of 4 aspiring artists (including Katy) trying to make it in NYC, whether it's on Broadway, the runway, or the recording studio

Untitled Nancy Drew project: Set in the summer after her high school graduation,18-year-old Nancy Drew thought she’d be leaving her hometown for college, but when a family tragedy holds her back another year, she finds herself embroiled in a ghostly murder investigation. Along the way, she uncovers secrets that run deeper than she ever imagined

• Options
    I just finished up Runaways S02E07 and now I understand why there were a ton of spoilered posts about it

Where the heck do they even go from here?

This discussion has been closed.