As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Life is Strange: Episode Five Oct. 20

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Is anyone else reading the Life is Strange comics?

It’s the continuation of the Max/Chloe story, set a year after that story ended. It sets one of the two endings as canon, for now at least.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I've always been under the impression that both endings are cannon.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    My imagination is failing me, because they seem fundamentally incompatible?

Oh brilliant
    My imagination is failing me, because they seem fundamentally incompatible?

Yes, but they are still both equally cannon according to DONTNOD. The comic follows the Bae ending, but that does not invalidate the Bay ending. They are both cannon. Whichever one you chose is the real ending.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Finished LiS2 episode 2 last night. Only about three hours long. There were a lot more audio and visual bugs to this episode (on Xbox), I had two whole characters turn invisible* for some cut scenes, and it felt like some sound effects didn't always trigger properly.
    (*Chris and his father during the second half of the Xmas market scene where they go to buy a tree, after meeting Cassidy.) It looked like the truck was driving itself! :lol:
    But other than that it was another great episode, with a very slow burn at the beginning that builds to a crescendo of events at the end. Really nice choice of music for the credits too.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • BoomerAang SquadBoomerAang Squad Registered User regular
    Welp
    I got the worst possible outcome.

Poor Chris. :(

• Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Yes, but they are still both equally cannon according to DONTNOD. The comic follows the Bae ending, but that does not invalidate the Bay ending. They are both cannon. Whichever one you chose is the real ending.

It's cannon in the same way Windwaker and Twilight Princess are both cannon to Ocarina of time.

I was planning to play episode 2 tonight but it seems I neglected to buy the episodes 2-5 bundle. Game tricked me by downloading a 4gb update. Oh well, something for tomorrow then.

Road Block on
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    *canon.

Two "n" version is for explody guns.

Good news: We now have the release schedule for the rest of this season.

And the title for Episode 3, which is
    Wastelands

Bad news: Still going to be a long wait between episodes. Like, 15 weeks apart.

Episode 3: 9 May 2019

Episode 4: 22 August 2019

Episode 5: 3 December 2019

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    That’s wild. The first season finished up nine months after the first episode dropped and this one will take fourteen!

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    That’s wild. The first season finished up nine months after the first episode dropped and this one will take fourteen!

They did mention in interviews that they felt they did the final episode a bit of an injustice due to time constraints though.

There are fewer reusable assets than there were in season one. Understandably so.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Looks like I'll get to buy and play this over the Holiday Break!!

26904.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Episode 4 is out in just over 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRlIEOXS2c4

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Just a few more months then...

Episode four was really good. Finished it, found all of the collectables by myself, except for one I had to look up (Youtube walkthrough creators are either insanely fast at editing, or maybe it's just due to time-zones)...

All of you peeps waiting for the final episode to drop are in for a treat, though for me the suspense-filled cliffhangers and long waits are all part of what makes LiS2 so compelling to play. :)

It's clear now though that this tale of two brothers and their misadventures is never going to be as popular as the orignal Max/Chloe dynamic, lightning struck twice with those characters.
    Time Travel just made the original LiS so much interesting, and though IMO LiS2 is still great, it just doesn't stand out as much as LiS/BTS still does in my mind.

I think it's because a lot of people could relate to Max's feelings of inadequacy. Even though she has super-powers she still radiates insecurity. And when she does do things, it's followed by "Oh My God What Have I Done!?!" moments, which hammers home just how complicated and scary her world actually is. Also, why the nightmare sections of that game's final episode were considered by many (myself included) to be the least parts - it was too much navel-gazing and not enough storytelling.

I'm looking forward to playing the sequel when the fifth chapter is released later this year.

26904.png
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Well, I did it. I finished all of LiS2.

My ending (there are seven possible endings in total):
    Made a final last dash for the border but only Sean made it across. Daniel leapt out of the truck at the last moment and ended up living with the Grandparents. Karen got arrested, I gave her a final reconciliatory hug goodbye at the trailer park.
    Looks like Sean hooks up with Cassidy in Mexico and they're properly BF & GF. Overall a happy ending, I think, I wasn't sure that surrendering to the police was the better option.

Also you can meet Chloe's Step-dad at the trailer park, he's taken her death pretty hard. If you chose to save Chloe in LiS1 things are different and you end up missing Chloe and Max rolling through the park by a few weeks, but there are photos of them around David's trailer.
    Great game, but I definitely got more out of LiS1 and LiS:BTS. Excited to see what DontNod do next with 'Tell Me Why' and having a Trans* protagonist. (Please don't fuck this up - kthxbye...) :)

Another cross-over between LiS1 and LiS2 (found in LiS2):
    mzhf6kvyfv6h.jpg

For folks like me that have been waiting for the entire package, it's on sale (on PS4) this week.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA08283_00-PROM0000COMPLETE

26904.png
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    So is there any advantage to playing on the same platform that I did for Life Is Strange? I think I picked it up on PS4 but I'd quite like to give my PC a bit of love and get LIS2 on there. From what I understand the two are entirely separate, correct? Nothing carries between saves?

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    So is there any advantage to playing on the same platform that I did for Life Is Strange? I think I picked it up on PS4 but I'd quite like to give my PC a bit of love and get LIS2 on there. From what I understand the two are entirely separate, correct? Nothing carries between saves?
    Not directly. You manually pick what ending you had in LiS1 at the start of LiS2. But before doing that play (the free prologue game) Captain Spirit all the way through; as episode 2 of LiS2 imports some things from that game's save file(s).

Good to know, I was thinking of buying it on pc but I’ll do it on ps4 if it pulls something from the Captain Spirit save. Very much looking forward to getting started this weekend!

This game is bleak

Easy Allies (Bloodworth and Huber) talk to Dontnod about the making of LiS2 now that it's over:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz40XEptsac
    I didn't realise Huber had lost his brother this year. :(

• Billy ChenowithBilly Chenowith Registered User regular
    Fiiiiinally finished this! I preferred the slower sections where the bros kick back and explore their surroundings to the parts where they're fighting for their lives, but with that said...
    Daniel stove through that police blockade like a rum puncheon, and it was glorious. Good thing I trained him to be a cold-blooded supervillain from the start!
    If they ever do a spinoff I would gladly play 5 episodes of Captain Spirit surviving the mean streets of Beaver Creek.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    God damn I love dontnod

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg

LiS 3? Maybe? Let's fucking gooooo! :D

It's starting to feel like Squenix is just milking the franchise for dollars. I mean, I loved the first game too. I've bought all of the sequels, and played them to completion. But nothing (so far) has captured that original magic. I'd love for them to produce lightning in a bottle again, but just hammering on the same name feels disingenuous to me.

26904.png
    Stupid wrote: »
    It's starting to feel like Squenix is just milking the franchise for dollars. I mean, I loved the first game too. I've bought all of the sequels, and played them to completion. But nothing (so far) has captured that original magic. I'd love for them to produce lightning in a bottle again, but just hammering on the same name feels disingenuous to me.
    Certainly the first game is fan favourite (those characters were, like you say, lightning in a bottle), the one that still has the biggest following, but I guess I'm in the minority that has enjoyed them all (including TMW and TM) pretty much equally and I'm still eager for more. Who knows, maybe this new one will be a LiS1 prequel like a lot of fans are clamouring for. We'll find out on the 18th.