As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

US Government Shutdown 2018/2019 - read mod post on pg 23

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Three week reopening, Feb. 15 deadline for another CR

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    He's accepting a 3 week CR.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    He is throwing Congress under the bus hard here ...

Talking about Congress finally putting partisanship behind them.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    He's twisting the Democrat's words and saying the Democrats are supporting his views.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    That should count as a cave. Pleeease someone, somewhere, do something within the rules to sabotage the SOTU just to twist the knife.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    He's twisting the Democrat's words and saying the Democrats are supporting his views.

Of course he is, he's a grifting, lying piece of shit. But he still openly agreed to sign a clean CR, so please dear god above let it happen fast enough he can't change his mind.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    He's saying that there'll be a bipartisan congressional committee that'll review border security issues/reports from those "in the field" and then present Trump with a piece of border security legislation to sign off on?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Dude is slurring bad.

"Lawmrrkrz"

He's talking about putting country before party, specifically how Democrats need to, which is just. Again. Get fucked, dude. That's fucking rich coming from you.

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I would hope he would have learned his lesson here and won't just shut it all down again in 3 weeks because he doesn't have a wall. Not going to hold my breath on that though.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    As expected, he's claiming he made a "deal". So he's trying to sell this as as win.

My stream cut out, but is he even calling it a "clean CR" or anything to that effect? I'm guessing no.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    He really wants his wall, he isn’t going to get it though.

Oh wow, now he’s saying we don’t need a continuous wall and that he never called for one.

Marathon on
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    He's caving for 3 weeks. Probably longer from the stance he is giving here. Also looks like he is willing to accept anything going to the border, including previous funding levels, as a win.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, Pelosi keeps sticking the shiv in:

Pelosi, asked how Trump will handle backdown on reopening government without wall money, gestures toward her office decorations: “we could plant these flowers along the border and he’d say, ‘I got my wall.’ “

John Harwood is a reporter for CNBC.

She's been waiting for this. I'm just reminded of the original World of Cardboard speech.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Goddamn shut up about the wall.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Now he's talking about how wonderful walls are.

"It's just common sense. Walls work."

"These are not medieval walls. They are smart walls. These walls are steel, and have see-through visibility."

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    He's saying that there'll be a bipartisan congressional committee that'll review border security issues/reports from those "in the field" and then present Trump with a piece of border security legislation to sign off on?

there already has been!

they found that there is no credible threat from the southern border

• Options
    Now it's just all about how successful the Israel wall is and how safe a wall will make us.

You're not convincing anybody, Donald. And you're wasting our time. Get back into your office and sign something.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Now he's going on and on about how walls work, how they've worked in Israel, how the Democrats have voted for walls, how the wall will be steel, etc etc etc

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    "Smart walls"

What the fuck does that even mean?

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    "Israel built a wall "

Fuck off.

"Walls work"

Yeah, which ones in all of history?

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    See through smart walls, ya'll. The future is now.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Oh I didn't know these were smart walls instead of medieval walls. It's ok guys, the wall is all good now. It has steel.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    "The walls we are building are not medieval walls, they are smart walls. They're operationally effective, made of steel, and have see-through visibility. They're equipped with sensors" and shit like that.

"We never promoted, never wanted" 2000 miles of concrete walls.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Interesting. Seems to already backing off his original concept of wall. Probably so he doesn't look like he folds again soon.

• Options
    I think he just said that walls keep out good people. "Smart walls."

Made of steel, very important to be see-through, and equipped with cutting edge tech, including drones.

"We do not need 2,000 miles of concrete wall from sea to shining sea. We never proposed that, we never wanted that, because we have natural structures that are already there."

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    holy shit. he is basically claiming the security improvements counteroffered by Dems as his own idea here. fuck this guy.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Nice insinuation that all Palestinians are criminals in his speech. Jesus.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    "Smart walls"

Its buzzword bullshit from a man who doesn't even know how you actually build a wall.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I feel like calling attention to and comparing the situation at the southern border with fucking Israel/Palestine might backfire.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    "Smart walls"

"Alexa how many people got past my wall today?"

"All of them."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    "Smart walls"

Its buzzword bullshit from a man who doesn't even know how you actually build a wall.

yeah it's "clean coal" but for racist monuments

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, Pelosi keeps sticking the shiv in:

Pelosi, asked how Trump will handle backdown on reopening government without wall money, gestures toward her office decorations: “we could plant these flowers along the border and he’d say, ‘I got my wall.’ “

John Harwood is a reporter for CNBC.

She's been waiting for this. I'm just reminded of the original World of Cardboard speech.

Down. To. A. T.

Pelosi knows exactly what her strategy is, and Trump can’t have one for more than five minutes after someone says something that sets him off. I expect there’ll be ever increasing extensions under the guise of “negotiations” and “big wins!” and so on until his term ends.

It’s almost as though Pelosi has two generations of experience dealing with cranky petulant children.

• Options
    Narco-Terrorists! MS13! Terrorizing innocent communities!

and now he's talking about how Women and Children are tortured and stolen (children less so).

Right-turn into the desert!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm under the impression that he's off script now.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Now he's painting an image similar to Iraqis killing babies in incubators.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    "Smart walls"

From a man who thought the problem was literal coyotes crossing the border. He heard it from someone out of context and is repeating it.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    "Smart walls"

I believe a House Dem earlier this week suggested they could look at a "Smart Wall" (not a physical barrier, just an increase in surveillance tech to make sure our thinly spread border patrol knows how many people they can't actually stop) as an alternative.

• Options
    He just blamed the internet for human trafficing.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Claiming now that women are brought into the country, completely duct-taped up, even to to the point that they can't breathe (presumably, they all die?).

And that they never come through ports of entry, because then someone would see 4 women in a car.

ED: And now we're in the "making up statistics" portion of the talk.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    It's good to know that when you're trying to sneak into the country you can turn both right and left. You can tell he's really done his research on how coyotes work.

This discussion has been closed.