As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

US Government Shutdown 2018/2019 - read mod post on pg 23

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm under the impression that he's off script now.

Absolutely. He's rambling incoherently about the wall, the internet, murderers, etc.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Like I know Trump is incoherent as hell at the best of times

But for a statement on ending the shutdown

This is incredibly unhinged, racist and straight up unintelligible

CYpGAPn.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So, now that Trumps said the important part, how long before the Senate can convene?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    It's good to know that when you're trying to sneak into the country you can turn both right and left. You can tell he's really done his research on how coyotes work.

... Is he still doing the "they cross the border and then turn left" thing?

Like, even by the standards of "left = bad!" dogwhistles that's an incredibly sad line.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    He is way off script and should have ended after announcing the CR compromise. Amazing.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting to hear a call out to Mexico paying for the wall.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular
    See through smart walls, ya'll. The future is now.

Alright. I see two options here.

The first and most obvious one is that he, as he is want to do, made this up on the spot and has no conscious level of understanding of what he just said.

The second is that someone has been trying to explain to him how you don't need a wall in order to secure a border and he doesn't understand what's been told to him.

I kind of want to know which it is, if only to try to keep my brain from breaking itself in figuring out what the hell is going on.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    I just can't believe a successful businessman can be so bad at ad-libbing.

I mean, you can argue he's not a successful businessman, but even still, his ability to speak publicly is atrocious.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    He is throwing Congress under the bus hard here ...

Talking about Congress finally putting partisanship behind them.

Lol and by that he means they are basically going back to the bill that had already passed the senate and then the house shortly after at the start of this fiasco before he threw a fit. /facepalm.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    He hasn't actually signed anything yet right?

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    He is way off script and should have ended after announcing the CR compromise. Amazing.

He doesn't care about the CR, or the script, he just wants you to listen to him and how he is a smarty pants Mr big boy

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    So the wall (tm) is now going to be a 900 mile wide ipad. You can play Angry Birds right across the country!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Ahhhh I see what he's doing.

He keeps claiming this is a crisis, a health crisis, a humanitarian crisis, etc. He's trying to lay the groundwork for an emergency now so that it's not a surprise when he tries it.

Won't change anything though.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    It is a really bad look for him. There's no crowd to amplify his nonsense sayings so it all falls really flat.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

No, now that he's said this, the Senate needs to convene and pass a clean CR.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Selner wrote: »
    As expected, he's claiming he made a "deal". So he's trying to sell this as as win.

My stream cut out, but is he even calling it a "clean CR" or anything to that effect? I'm guessing no.

CNN and NPR are also calling it a deal

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

There's nothing for him to sign yet.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Now he's complaining that immigration cases before judges are backed up more than they used to be. Huh I wonder how that happened. I'm sure it has nothing to do with ICE rounding up everybody they think looks brown enough and us having literal tent camps we're sticking people in.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pretty sure he's just making up stats now.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    I just can't believe a successful businessman can be so bad at ad-libbing.

I mean, you can argue he's not a successful businessman, but even still, his ability to speak publicly is atrocious.

He is very much a crazy person.

Crazy people talk like this.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular

No, but now the Senate vote should be 100-0 or (98-2) for this.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It is a really bad look for him. There's no crowd to amplify his nonsense sayings so it all falls really flat.

All the applause is coming from the left (yay stero mics) - those have to be his aides.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Was this what his SOTU was going to be?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    He's forgotten to do it before too. I'll actually be impressed if anything gets through the Congress today and onto his desk, AND he signs it.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Now he's complaining that immigration cases before judges are backed up more than they used to be. Huh I wonder how that happened. I'm sure it has nothing to do with ICE rounding up everybody they think looks brown enough and us having literal tent camps we're sticking people in.

I mean, a bunch were also furloughed.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Did he just claim that 60,000 people were apprehended each month for the past 3 months?

CYpGAPn.png
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Pretty much.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

All the applause is coming from the left (yay stero mics) - those have to be his aides.

There is a throng of people including Kushner and Ross stand off to the side.

He's now talking about Catch and Release, and how you can't release them where they came from, so now they are in places you "least expect" - and we do as little releasing as possible, but they are coming by hundreds of thousands.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Trump can say whatever he wants

Everyone knows he got fucking ripped a new one by Pelosi here

The only reason they're doing this is because LaGuardia straight up shut down for a hot minute because of no ATCs

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So I guess he's pre emptively building his case for a national emergency wall?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    We figured out how they got him to go outside. They said, you have to agree and say this one paragraph. After that you get say whatever you want for 30 minutes in front of cameras. Do a press conference. Whatever! Just agree to the CR.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Pretty much.

It's still going to be this. You'll hear this same Miller bullshit followed by Trump unhinged ranting again.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Im getting the impression from listening to him that the wall is going to shut down the government again in 3 weeks

override367 on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

There is a throng of people including Kushner and Ross stand off to the side.

It's called a claque.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Trump can say whatever he wants

Everyone knows he got fucking ripped a new one by Pelosi here

The only reason they're doing this is because LaGuardia straight up shut down for a hot minute because of no ATCs

the news about 14k IRS employees not showing up probably didn't help either.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    I hope the Democrats get to respond in kind to this campaign speech.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    wow, threatening to shut the government down again, or he’ll declare an emergency.

edited January 2019
    And now he's threatening another shut-down on Feb 15, or that he will use the powers afforded to him in the Constitution to address this emergency.

And there it is, folks.

Not taking any questions.

Elvenshae on
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So I guess he's pre emptively building his case for a national emergency wall?

There it is.

This discussion has been closed.