As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Welcome! Everything is fine. [The Good Place][OPEN SPOILERS]

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2019
    I guess I more mean that they could have done these plot points anywhere. Didn't necessarily have to be where it was.

Also, under zero circumstance did I say, "None of this is important."

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    This location gave us the phrase "4 Oreos from paradise", which is a vital enough reason to be there.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    What, is everyone too busy reciting poetry and drinking classy cocktails to talk about this latest episode?
    15mnl74tk489.jpeg

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    This is a fascinating development that could easily sustain the show for years.

I'm excited to see how they completely dismantle it next week

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I was gonna post before I saw THE TIME KNIFE

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hey hey wait hold on a second
    If nobody has actually gotten into the Good Place for 500 years then what's Mindy's deal? To qualify for the Medium Place she would have to be the de facto best person of the last half millennium since literally everyone else is bad. Does that check out?

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    If nobody has actually gotten into the Good Place for 500 years then what's Mindy's deal? To qualify for the Medium Place she would have to be the de facto best person of the last half millennium since literally everyone else is bad. Does that check out?

I mean her whole deal is she was a terrible person but happened to score a massive point gain in her last moments. She's basically a technicality and that'd be about the only thing that could get through the way the system is

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• JavenJaven Registered User regular

Yep. Even with all the point wankery, what she (was planning on doing before she died) was THAT GOOD to nearly get her into the good place, after being a drug addict lawyer most of her life. And I hope they never elaborate on what that is.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

Yes, if the knock-on consequences of her setting up her charity have done enough good.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Thanks team
    I couldn't remember all her particulars so I defer to y'all

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Matev wrote: »

Yes, if the knock-on consequences of her setting up her charity have done enough good.

That's a good point, actually - if the unintended consequences count one way, they have to count the other as well. So a sufficiently complex network of altruism could really rack up the score.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    tynic wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »

That's a good point, actually - if the unintended consequences count one way, they have to count the other as well. So a sufficiently complex network of altruism could really rack up the score.

The trick was Mindy died before she could rack up more negative consequences to offest the good. I suspect the fact that most people engaged in charity funding are the ultra-wealthy and thusly generate tons of negative points just by getting up in the morning is what prevents them from doing well in the system and why Mindy is a special case.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Chidi losing his shit when he gets confronted with the true nature of reality is one of my favorite running gags of any TV show ever.

I don't know what I appreciated more, Jason having a genuinely insightful example or the Judge essentially just describing Chidi's life and Chidi just straight up going "yeah that doesn't work"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Jason. It's always Jason.

sig.gif
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it's doing wonders for my self-esteem that this show is establishing the concept of "jason has a good idea!" as a farcical rarity

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    it's doing wonders for my self-esteem that this show is establishing the concept of "jason has a good idea!" as a farcical rarity

But also Jason is irresistibly attractive

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I lost it at Chidi's Time Knife line. William Jackson Harper brought his A game.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Low Int, high Wis.

sig.gif
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    He also had that sick burn on IHOP.

steam_sig.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    while i feel like this season has kinda forgotten tahani completely, i am super into the plotting it's got going on

the jokes have just been a bonus these past few episodes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    This last couple episodes has furthered my irrational love for Jason Mantzoukas. The man cannot do me any wrong.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Chidi losing his shit when he gets confronted with the true nature of reality is one of my favorite running gags of any TV show ever.

Jeremy Bearimy

BLM - ACAB
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I still sing Chidi's chili song to myself sometimes.

• hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I still randomly find myself laughing at Jeremy Bearimy

It might be my new favorite joke

• PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Just when I thought "I'm really enjoying this third season, but it hasn't quite had the same emotional punch in the gut the first two seasons did", the season finale happened, and I am not okay right now.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    This sure was a good episode of television that made me cry

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I don't usually cry during TV.

The chick was hot though.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

I don't usually cry during TV.

The chick was hot though.

She's a legit snack!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ugh... This season shouldn't be over already

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm kicking myself for not predicting how the Bad Place was going to pick the subjects, it both makes so much sense and Kirby implied that she wasn't done with the show yet.

Who do you think are the last two subjects? I feel like Donkey Doug is highly likely, maybe Eleanor's mum too, but I feel like we get a new character in the latter case.

i want it to be donkey doug because i want as much donkey doug as possible

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Jen specified that she wouldn't allow any more people that they already know

But they are definitely going to be targeted at torturing Jason and Eleanor

make it a proper cinematic universe

add a deadass ryan howard and whoever the hell rob lowe played on parks and recreation

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Jen specified that she wouldn't allow any more people that they already know

But they are definitely going to be targeted at torturing Jason and Eleanor

Nope, I just rewatched it now. She says that it's not against the rules for the new humans to have connections to the original four, but memory wiping is on the table.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    They're gonna get Blake Bortles, and he's gonna be a jerk

I’m rewatching and I can’t believe I forgot

FOOT LAGER

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    What if
    this all just a con by Chidi so he can unsee The Time Knife!?

steam_sig.png
    They're gonna get Blake Bortles, and he's gonna be a jerk

you monster

6vjsgrerts6r.png

No... They are going to bring back Larry Hemsworth.