As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I fought the syndicate mastermind!
    and lost!

Made it to the sculpture garden no problem but I took like 4 stupid deaths figuring out the mechanics, but I did manage to get through 3 of the 4 soul battery/pylon/syndicate members before dying so I think thats pretty good for not watching any videos or anything ahead of time

Excited to get back again and win this time now that I have a grasp of the mechanics

I'm also trying to actually control my syndicate board and its very annoying, they never want to move to the correct faction

I think the syndicate is the worst part of this league tbqh

all of the QoL improvements and previous mechanics returning in a simplified and more efficient manner are super nice

the syndicate is something you either farm in act 8 after 2 hours of manipulation to maximize the layout, or you just ignore it and kinda do it when they show up to maybe get an extra
    and the mastermind is a terrible fucking fight with poorly telegraphed mechanics and the skeletons are the worst of them

PiptheFair on
  • downerdowner Registered User regular
    gqn9i8g93qst.png

Guff Essence Spam crafting is under-rated.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    They just need to make the skeletons easier to pop and perhaps the final stage rotating totem a bit slower. I think it would fix her. I killed her pretty easy the times ive had her except for once. And that was because of bad death causing skeles and then invisible damage.

And invisible damage on boss fights is not really anything new in this game.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    downer wrote: »
    gqn9i8g93qst.png

Guff Essence Spam crafting is under-rated.

wtf this is so unethical

J3qcnBP.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Time to annul that ES roll, and slam, right? :rotate:

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I fought the syndicate mastermind!
    and lost!

Made it to the sculpture garden no problem but I took like 4 stupid deaths figuring out the mechanics, but I did manage to get through 3 of the 4 soul battery/pylon/syndicate members before dying so I think thats pretty good for not watching any videos or anything ahead of time

Excited to get back again and win this time now that I have a grasp of the mechanics

I'm also trying to actually control my syndicate board and its very annoying, they never want to move to the correct faction

I think the syndicate is the worst part of this league tbqh

all of the QoL improvements and previous mechanics returning in a simplified and more efficient manner are super nice

the syndicate is something you either farm in act 8 after 2 hours of manipulation to maximize the layout, or you just ignore it and kinda do it when they show up to maybe get an extra
    and the mastermind is a terrible fucking fight with poorly telegraphed mechanics and the skeletons are the worst of them

I killed the mastermind however

I kept getting gibbed by invisible damage until I noticed the fucking skeletons.

Could they have possibly made them any more hard to see?

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Yeah the little crawling skeletons got me 3 times in quick succession I think

Is there a proper way to deal with them? I felt like I had a handle on everything else by the end

2x39jD4.jpg
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The skeletons can be stepped on to destroy them after they're summoned but before they climb up out of the ground

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    The stepping on them when they are in the ground is pretty bad though. The area to step on them is tiny.

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Double Corrupted my chest and now I have to do my build!!

m2k20vze8abp.gif

Pacificstar on
    Clearly the build is abyssal cry something or other

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Finally got elder down. now the T16 guardians are my wall. I don't think this is doable without boss killing partners.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Did my second Shaper run ever yesterday. This time was deathless - having triple the damage from when I did it on my C L E A V E J U G G goes a long way in this fight.

I'm hoping to find the motivation to push for 159/159 (only five maps to go!), 24 challenges, and Uber Elder to knock out my league bucket list.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    So...price check requested.
    Maraketh Bow
    6 Linked sockets, 3green 2blue 1 red.
    46-70 physical damage
    6% movement speed.
    +2 to level of socketed bow gems
    8% increased attack speed
    .3% physical attack damage leeched as mana
    +7 life gained on kill
    19% increased stun duration on enemies
    corrupted

Just curious if its worth more than a divine.

What is the ilvl? You can find out by holding down Alt while mouse-overing the item.

Edit: nvm, it's corrupted; sell it for a divine, I think. Might be worth a couple c more to somebody but probably not worth the bother of listing it

azith28 wrote: »
    So...price check requested.
    Maraketh Bow
    6 Linked sockets, 3green 2blue 1 red.
    46-70 physical damage
    6% movement speed.
    +2 to level of socketed bow gems
    8% increased attack speed
    .3% physical attack damage leeched as mana
    +7 life gained on kill
    19% increased stun duration on enemies
    corrupted

Just curious if its worth more than a divine.

this late in the league, its worth a divine

if it was week 1/2, maybe 35c (since thats what porcupine + 1 dread costs)

J3qcnBP.png
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Clearly the build is abyssal cry something or other

Finally redemption for The Eternal Apple.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    Found a 2-basement Primeval Ruins at depth 299, so I can do the 6-link crafting recipe if anyone needs that whenever

I don't think this is doable without boss killing partners.

if youre really keen on rolling a boss killer, you can do uber elder with arc traps/gc mines on a tabula. maybe 1-2 ex investment for an easy kill once you learn the fight

J3qcnBP.png
    It never fails, purchase 9 Pure Xoph runs, servers crash after the first

I got the guy's name written down at least. Plus the first run dropped me an exalt which I stashed about a minute before the crash, lol. I'd say I hope I still have it but I'm not certain how many exalts that put me at so I can't be sure even if I do!

Fortune smiled upon me and I got a two abyssal socket tombfist, last night.

@azith28 if you need help with a boss my archer or trapper can do pretty much everything. Just send me a tell account name is also pacificstar

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Found a 2-basement Primeval Ruins at depth 299, so I can do the 6-link crafting recipe if anyone needs that whenever

So that's where that thing is. Well I doubt I could ever afford the 1500 fusings so I don't feel so bad I haven't found the recipe.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I leveled up a scourge-arrow deadeye. Scourge arrow is pretty fun and I think I like it better than the other bow skills. Unfortunately it fizzles on doorways in corners much like freezing pulse does, and mechanical deficiencies like that are too annoying for me to put up with.

It is so nice to play a move-speed focused character though, I was getting super tired of leap-slamming everywhere. I fucking love tailwind.

I made it to maps in about 6 hours, which I think is a record for me; that was with nearly optimal leveling gear.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think I might try making a profane decay occultist. The idea of pushing a button or two and then just running through everything sounds nice and easy.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    I leveled up a scourge-arrow deadeye. Scourge arrow is pretty fun and I think I like it better than the other bow skills. Unfortunately it fizzles on doorways in corners much like freezing pulse does, and mechanical deficiencies like that are too annoying for me to put up with.

It is so nice to play a move-speed focused character though, I was getting super tired of leap-slamming everywhere. I fucking love tailwind.

I made it to maps in about 6 hours, which I think is a record for me; that was with nearly optimal leveling gear.

Ooh, I'm always looking for Archer builds, you mind sharing?

mccart wrote: »

Ooh, I'm always looking for Archer builds, you mind sharing?

I was following this one

You can use any bow you want though: Hopeshredder, windripper, a phys bow, whatever. If you went an ele bow you'd want different rings/abyss jewels/quiver and no points in the tree buffing phys damage with bows. I went Doomfletch Prism because I had one. The new crimson storm bow is very cheap and would work fine.

I've been starting to contemplate another character this league, something speedy since I've also been tiring of the leap slamming and my juggernaut is complete as far as I'm concerned.

My multimodded cold Sceptre has T2 Cold DoT Multi, but I've always wanted more. Every so often I do a search for 34%+ Cold Dot Multi on generic one-handers with above 35% implicit spell or elemental damage, and last night I found a winner. It was an Imbued Wand (33-37% increased spell damage implicit) with 38% Cold DoT Multi (the top of Tier 1), two open prefixes, and three garbage suffixes.

I bought it for 3c.

First step was throwing an Annul at it; this had a 75% chance to hit a suffix, opening up the next step. A suffix was hit.

Second step was to metacraft the suffixes away. This is something I've seen streamers do a thousand times; you craft Prefixes Cannot Be Changed and hit the item with a Scour. I doublechecked my assumptions and spent the 2 Exalted to put the metamod on it, then Scoured it.

Success! I removed the two shit suffixes plus the crafted suffix. Leaving the item with just the T1 Prefix. Time to multimod, right? Can you guess what happened?

I created an item with a single affix, which turned it back into a blue item. Ohfuck. I've never seen this before, usually because when crafters are metacrafting they have a full set of prefixes or suffixes they want to keep, not just one and two blank spots. Lesson learned, but it might have cost me 2 exalts...

I have to Regal it now; I do, and get +21 accuracy. Great. Time to Annul it again... and phew, I hit the +Accuracy. Now I had a rare with a single prefix.

And after another 3 Ex in multimodding, Corruption Smasher is dead; long live Corruption Call.

wi1ebqoteq1w.jpg

Hooray, I spent 5 exalts and 65c for a 4% damage increase, but it gets my Vortex just over 1.1m Shaper dps all by itself =) And I can probably sell Corruption Smasher for enough to cover the crafting costs. And in terms of further increasing the damage of this build, it's actually one of the cheapest options I had; four prop jewels are 10+ exalts, a +2 Gems Shavs is like 30ex. I could get level 21 gems in my damage links, that'd probably be a cheaper per-gem boost though more expensive overall.

Saldonas wrote: »
    I've been starting to contemplate another character this league, something speedy since I've also been tiring of the leap slamming and my juggernaut is complete as far as I'm concerned.

im working on a KB deadeye for this exact reason, plus to finish the temple and betryal chest challenges

J3qcnBP.png
    How difficult are the spirt beast fights solo? (the spider in particular)

@azith28 if you need help with a boss my archer or trapper can do pretty much everything. Just send me a tell account name is also pacificstar

Sent you a friend invite, will watch for you online. I have one of each T16 map we can run, then if thats all we need, can do shaper? I also have one of the spirit beasts ready to fight. will gladly tip you for your time :)

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    My multimodded cold Sceptre has T2 Cold DoT Multi, but I've always wanted more. Every so often I do a search for 34%+ Cold Dot Multi on generic one-handers with above 35% implicit spell or elemental damage, and last night I found a winner. It was an Imbued Wand (33-37% increased spell damage implicit) with 38% Cold DoT Multi (the top of Tier 1), two open prefixes, and three garbage suffixes.

I bought it for 3c.

First step was throwing an Annul at it; this had a 75% chance to hit a suffix, opening up the next step. A suffix was hit.

Second step was to metacraft the suffixes away. This is something I've seen streamers do a thousand times; you craft Prefixes Cannot Be Changed and hit the item with a Scour. I doublechecked my assumptions and spent the 2 Exalted to put the metamod on it, then Scoured it.

Success! I removed the two shit suffixes plus the crafted suffix. Leaving the item with just the T1 Prefix. Time to multimod, right? Can you guess what happened?

I created an item with a single affix, which turned it back into a blue item. Ohfuck. I've never seen this before, usually because when crafters are metacrafting they have a full set of prefixes or suffixes they want to keep, not just one and two blank spots. Lesson learned, but it might have cost me 2 exalts...

I have to Regal it now; I do, and get +21 accuracy. Great. Time to Annul it again... and phew, I hit the +Accuracy. Now I had a rare with a single prefix.

And after another 3 Ex in multimodding, Corruption Smasher is dead; long live Corruption Call.

wi1ebqoteq1w.jpg

Hooray, I spent 5 exalts and 65c for a 4% damage increase, but it gets my Vortex just over 1.1m Shaper dps all by itself =) And I can probably sell Corruption Smasher for enough to cover the crafting costs. And in terms of further increasing the damage of this build, it's actually one of the cheapest options I had; four prop jewels are 10+ exalts, a +2 Gems Shavs is like 30ex. I could get level 21 gems in my damage links, that'd probably be a cheaper per-gem boost though more expensive overall.

I was getting palm sweats just reading this. Grats, glad you didn’t brick it!

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    Apparently I am unsatisfied and I like to burn currency

1000 alterations and two Annuls later

6p5o3itxlg2u.jpg

perfect base, perfect T1 cold multi. It also had, very briefly, T2 hybrid spell damage %, but I annuled it =/ It's ok because it goes to 34% and crafted DoT goes to 30%, no big loss.

How difficult are the spirt beast fights solo? (the spider in particular)

The spider can wreck you pretty fast if you have no chaos resist, it killed a lot of people when it was first introduced. If you have the damage you can pop it pretty quickly so not many degen areas appear.

It's trivial for a CI or nebuloch character.

And now for something completely different; a level 36 deathless Uber Elder kill (though he does log out at one point, so it's 2 portals)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ajziy8/level_36_deathless_uber_elder_kill/

800 life, -49 resists. Anything is possible, lel.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    And now for something completely different; a level 36 deathless Uber Elder kill (though he does log out at one point, so it's 2 portals)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ajziy8/level_36_deathless_uber_elder_kill/

800 life, -49 resists. Anything is possible, lel.

What? But?

edited January 2019
    Third Uber Eye of the league;

mrvwcvpuc053.jpg

The Purity of Fire and Determination rolls are duds in this case, but that ES on Hit with Discipline is worth a cool 7 exalts thanks to HoWA Molten Strike builds.

Rius on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I've got a tab full of regular skill gems that have been dropping so I can play with then when I get bored and figure out what I want to play next time

I think I wanna play a melee chatacter that attacks really fast and runs reql quick as a change from my cowardly trapper

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I have made a terrible mistake. I named my BV character "FiaVortex", but now I want to make a Vortex character. It's an impossible quandary.

steam_sig.png