As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A thread presumably about [Giant Bomb]

• hushhush Registered User regular
    If I've learned anything from the no-longer-new age of personality based streaming (inc twitch and whatever yt you choose to follow), it's that watching them play a game you understand/are good at is a recipe for frustration. There are definitely times with all my channels that I go full podcast mode with them and stop watching the dumpster tier gameplay.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    seeing Alex play Mega Man was a big nope nope nope for me. Then again I bet that setup has a ton of lag.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Catching up on the post-holiday Bombcasts.

Ben is never gonna play and talk about Crosscode is he.

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Jeff's Pro Skater Intro is still one of my absolute favorite things. I assume we have Jan to thank for it.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Catching up on the post-holiday Bombcasts.

Ben is never gonna play and talk about Crosscode is he.

I mean he just played and talked about TimeSpinner, which was the other one of those.

So maybe?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    It’s like a completely different person.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm not even going to try to rank them, but the more I play CrossCode, the more I think it's in my GOTY list for 2018.

I think I'm going to settle for Obra Dinn, Celeste, CrossCode, BATTLETECH, and The Hex as my Top 5.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    How spooky does the Hex actually get?

steam_sig.png

omg I'm super late on this but last week's bomb cast... wooow

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Which bit? I'm not sure how caught up I am...

Glal on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    M
    Glal wrote: »

I would assume the Gearbox discussion.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    the magic discussion

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Continuing the trend of the Bombcast, their conversation yesterday at the beginning of the podcast had me in tears.
    ”So he can hold it steady with two arms, and then has two more to pop it in with”

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Continuing the trend of the Bombcast, their conversation yesterday at the beginning of the podcast had me in tears.
    ”So he can hold it steady with two arms, and then has two more to pop it in with”
    Goro-tse

I love how Jeff explained the exact sentence that took it too far for him, and then they made that sentence the title of the episode.

steam_sig.png

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Well, based on the Unfinished I am 100% out on Anthem, the art design is really nice but hearing that the mission structure is "pick up one mission, go out into the world, fly all the way there, shoot some guys, come back" and not a "grab 5 quests, go trundle round the zone doing them and come back to town when you have full bags" feels just wrong for that type of game (at least for how I play them).

Still hope it does ok though, because I don't want to see Bioware being consigned to the battlefield map pack mines or whatever.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    They recently posted about adding a social hub based on feedback, where you can pick up contracts as well, so it's possible there will be more quality of life improvements once they see how everyone plays the game.

PSN SeGaTai
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    M

They mentioned it on this weeks Bombcast and clearly I picked the wrong week to skip.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    “My genital triangle got lit the fuck up” is a phrase that I’m putting into my lexicon with the hopes I’ll never have to use it.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Also I’m like 15 minutes into this Anthem video and man this game looks boring. Pretty, but boring.

Ceno wrote: »
    Also I’m like 15 minutes into this Anthem video and man this game looks boring. Pretty, but boring.

So it looks pretty boring?

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    M

They mentioned it on this weeks Bombcast and clearly I picked the wrong week to skip.

Hooo boy I went back and listened to the news section in this one. Randy Pitchford... blech. I'm not assuming anything, but the mere fact that he might piss someone off so much they would make these kinds of allegations says a lot.
    Ceno wrote: »

I have not seen anything about Anthem that excites me. It looks like Warframe with a little more money behind it, and sadly Warframe got old pretty quick.

I hope it's successful though. I'd like BioWare to have a win.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    seeing more and more loot shooters that are more on the generic side to become platform games, I cant help but imagine the people behind hellgate london being super pissed off that they basically came too early.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2019
    Athem looks rough. The core gameplay looks fine, but the mission structurr, story and npc interactions look terrible. I though this game was going to do alright, but now I'm a bit worried about Bioware. Bioware fans will be disappointed, and loot shooter fans get to play the Division 2 like a month later.
    seeing more and more loot shooters that are more on the generic side to become platform games, I cant help but imagine the people behind hellgate london being super pissed off that they basically came too early.

Nah, Hellgate: London shipped in a bad state because they ran out of money. I think they would have kicked off a loot shooter craze seven years early had they kept it in development a bit longer.

Undead Scottsman on
    Yeah, while Hellgate was buggy at launch... I still had a ton of of fun with it.

And the last patch they were working on before they got EA'd was definitely moving in the right direction.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    The ongoing opening bit for Die Another Friday is one of the funniest GB things of all time.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    They mentioned at the end of this week's Beatcast that Mass Alex is coming back next week. Woo! :)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    They mentioned at the end of this week's Beatcast that Mass Alex is coming back next week. Woo! :)

Still trying to decide if I want to watch Alex play through it first or play through it myself first.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Playing it alongside would be a super cool thing to do (trace his steps and compare to his choices lol)

My only potential disappointment for Mass Alex would be if Alex goes full girl scout Shepard for the second game, mostly because so many of the renegade options are very very good
    But the problem with ME2's morality balance is such that he's either going to generally skew only one way or end up losing a bunch of squadmates, and he paragonned super hard in ME1

Re: Anthem, the demo servers completely shit the bed (and brought down the origin service itself for a hot minute), so it seems interest must probably exist for it despite the whole "they just plagiarised Warframe/Destiny" bandwagon surrounding every video about the game

BRIAN BLESSED on
    People are totally interested, but I don't think it'll hold their attention as the game just doesn't look like it'll come together.
    Hopefully I'm wrong, I don't want to see yet another once-great company get shuttered by EA.

They announced Dragon Age 4 as well, if nothing else we have a few years of BioWare development to watch

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I wrote into the beastcast for the first time because of the email about teachers in today's podcast. Media teachers are not obsolete Alex!

Also Ben talking about rare sending banjo down to hunt down that streamer was outstanding.

Just got to that caller who says he's driving drunk. Oof.

steam_sig.png

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    They announced Dragon Age 4 as well, if nothing else we have a few years of BioWare development to watch

Wouldn't be the first game that got cancelled.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Man I don't know. If I want a Looter Shooter I'd want it to be more like Diablo with rifts and all but I figure doing that in a 3D enviroment must be a pain in the ass to randomize and still look good. I'm not a fan of raids exactly either. I wish for example that Destiny aped WoW's Mythic Dungeon ideas with their Strikes but looks like they're moving in a different direction.

Here's hoping Borderlands 3 nails it. Well...then again I remember the latest happening at Gearbox and eh...

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Hellgate London did just get a steam release after all.

SP only, sadly.

SP only, sadly.

And also based off the...questionable quality... Korean F2P version.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i wish autochess was it's own game and not this weird mod thing, i think i'd totally play it

aeNqQM9.jpg