As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mods know too much about the [Conspiracy Theories] thread

• CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Is he looking directly at the security cameras? Why would he do that?

“Duh, I wonder if that’s a camera?”

Clearly not a professional criminal. Though definitely a ringer for Ser Jorah Mormont of Westeros.

• XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Is he looking directly at the security cameras? Why would he do that?

"Whoa, is that a camera? I better do this fast and get outta here!"

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Probably more likely "You seeing this, Obama?"

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I guarantee you that this is all getting worked into the conspiracy.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    ‘Man, there’s gotta be away to free those kids locked in the basement. I know, I’ll set the place on fire!’

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    ‘Man, there’s gotta be away to free those kids locked in the basement. I know, I’ll set the place on fire!’

Probably closer to “its too late to save them now, I must prevent further tragedies!”

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

I’ve already seen people claiming Clinton is behind it and that it’s to destroy evidence.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I’ve already seen people claiming Clinton is behind it and that it’s to destroy evidence.

Can't believe she's able to coordinate such dastardly plots while being held in Gitmo!

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Can't believe she's able to coordinate such dastardly plots while being held in Gitmo!

They did TOO good of a job on her clone and it's carrying out her foul agenda just like it was the real thing.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

Silly qAnon the princess they want is in another castle.

Ping pong pizza is just for order processing, not fulfillment.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/02/06/ceo-who-held-150m-in-crypto-died-in-a-region-known-for-having-a-fake-death-mafia/amp/

So, Bitcoin recently had an exchange go belly up when the only guy with the passwords unexpectedly died from complications from Crohn's disease while in India.

OR DID IT?

Crohn's is rarely fatal, and deaths from it are usually protracted and messy, not sudden and unexpected.

India has a long history of death fraud - a number of people living there have spent years fighting to get their death certificate revoked, often getting met by a beureaucratic opinion that if you just wait long enough it'll become accurate. The particular area in question has yet to institute any real reforms, people have been known to appear in person, show their ID, sign some forms, and get themselves or a relative declared dead.

Block chain analysis has suggested the exchange never actually had the money it claimed to, paying withdrawals with incoming deposits, explaining withdrawal and transaction delays users had reported. Basically the whole thing was the dog headed hybrid kitten of a ponzi scheme and a wildcat bank.

Cryptocurrency people (is there a simple noun for them? There should be) are convinced he faked his death and disappeared with all the money he didn't actually have, and present a case that might actually be both stronger and more absurd than any other internet conspiracy theory I've read.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/02/06/ceo-who-held-150m-in-crypto-died-in-a-region-known-for-having-a-fake-death-mafia/amp/

So, Bitcoin recently had an exchange go belly up when the only guy with the passwords unexpectedly died from complications from Crohn's disease while in India.

OR DID IT?

Crohn's is rarely fatal, and deaths from it are usually protracted and messy, not sudden and unexpected.

India has a long history of death fraud - a number of people living there have spent years fighting to get their death certificate revoked, often getting met by a beureaucratic opinion that if you just wait long enough it'll become accurate. The particular area in question has yet to institute any real reforms, people have been known to appear in person, show their ID, sign some forms, and get themselves or a relative declared dead.

Block chain analysis has suggested the exchange never actually had the money it claimed to, paying withdrawals with incoming deposits, explaining withdrawal and transaction delays users had reported. Basically the whole thing was the dog headed hybrid kitten of a ponzi scheme and a wildcat bank.

Cryptocurrency people (is there a simple noun for them? There should be) are convinced he faked his death and disappeared with all the money he didn't actually have, and present a case that might actually be both stronger and more absurd than any other internet conspiracy theory I've read.

Dumbasses

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Well... Ok, yes, but I mean a precise term that excludes bad drivers and in-laws.

• LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Well... Ok, yes, but I mean a precise term that excludes bad drivers and in-laws.
    Don’t they generally identify by the coin they support? Like bitcoiners, dogers, etc?

LoisLane on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular

Creople

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Marks, rubes, pigeons, dupes, etc

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Still too broad.

How about bitclowns.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    The two people who i know irl that tried to profit off cryptocurrency both lost $20k+ while doing it. One on a bunch of mining equipment that never paid for itself + cost of electricity (since his landlord caught on a month in), the other by buying at a point and holding on to it as it crashed below said point. They both have technical degrees and one would consider smart. They both still prosthlyze crypto.

It's like crack cocaine for STEMs.

steam_sig.png
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    The two people who i know irl that tried to profit off cryptocurrency both lost $20k+ while doing it. One on a bunch of mining equipment that never paid for itself + cost of electricity (since his landlord caught on a month in), the other by buying at a point and holding on to it as it crashed below said point. They both have technical degrees and one would consider smart. They both still prosthlyze crypto.

I have briefly considered investing in Crypto. thinking "if I had mined 1000 coins when it was easy and cheap. Then waited until each coin was worth 10k and become a millionaire".

Its the same impulse that occasionally tells me "If I played the lottery and won it would be really nice". I.E. Its nice to daydream about being filthy rich, but real life never drops money in your lap like that. And when if supposedly does, there is always a catch. In this case, the fact that you need to rely on creepy, unreliable and downright criminal intermediaries to actually get the value of the Crypto coins. Like, not only is the a significant risk of being scammed, but there is a non-zero chance they will kill you for your crypto cash. Cause people on the crypto train are crazy yo.

Also I just figured that 1000 coins at 10 000$ each is not 1 million$, but 10 million$. Making my flight of fancy a multi-millionaire, not a millionaire. This mistake bodes well for my imaginary rich person future I am sure.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »

I have briefly considered investing in Crypto. thinking "if I had mined 1000 coins when it was easy and cheap. Then waited until each coin was worth 10k and become a millionaire".

Its the same impulse that occasionally tells me "If I played the lottery and won it would be really nice". I.E. Its nice to daydream about being filthy rich, but real life never drops money in your lap like that. And when if supposedly does, there is always a catch. In this case, the fact that you need to rely on creepy, unreliable and downright criminal intermediaries to actually get the value of the Crypto coins. Like, not only is the a significant risk of being scammed, but there is a non-zero chance they will kill you for your crypto cash. Cause people on the crypto train are crazy yo.

Also I just figured that 1000 coins at 10 000$ each is not 1 million$, but 10 million$. Making my flight of fancy a multi-millionaire, not a millionaire. This mistake bodes well for my imaginary rich person future I am sure.

Ya I'm mostly sad I didn't grab some bitcoin in the early days when the early miners were practically giving them away for anything you could get, you could get like 10 bitcoin for ordering someone a pizza.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I’m not too sad about missing out, mostly because if I had gotten in on the ground floor, any bitcoins I did get would have been stolen from under my nose, along with any and all personal information they could find.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Special KSpecial K Registered User regular

I'm as STEM-my as it gets, and I've always considered cryptocurrencies to be ludicrous. Ditto my STEM-my friends.

It may well be like crack cocaine for certain Es, but I'm not sure the rest of the STMs react in the same way!

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The derisive term I personally use is "Cryptokiddies"

Anyway, the other day I heard of a new conspiracy theory: the heat-sensitive ink used for most receipts is treated by the body as if it were estrogen, men ingest it by touching receipts and then their food/mouths/whatever, and thus it's leading to their feminization/getting soft/having feelings/etc.

• Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I invest in G-fund IRA’s with my excess money and have nearly 100g’s at this point. It’s not all that much in the grand scheme of investments, but I always get a kick when every once in a while some crypto currency investors tells me that my investments will become worthless if the US government ever collapsed.

And since a ven diagram of conspiracy theorists and crypto investors is pretty heavy, I’m amused when I ask them how much they think their bitcoins or whatever will be worth in that apocalypse?

The answer is always amusing.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

Anyway, the other day I heard of a new conspiracy theory: the heat-sensitive ink used for most receipts is treated by the body as if it were estrogen, men ingest it by touching receipts and then their food/mouths/whatever, and thus it's leading to their feminization/getting soft/having feelings/etc.

It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids, without the knowledge of the individual, certainly without any choice. That's the way a hard-core Commie works.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

If any of those “x is secretly estrogen” theories (and there are dozens of them) held any water at all whatsoever you’d immediately know about it because thousands of trans women would suddenly buy up all the x

fuck gendered marketing
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The dumbest thing to me

the DUMBEST thing

is that cow's milk has ACTUAL, FOR-REAL ESTROGEN in it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Old school conspiracy theorist Lyndon LaRouche has passed away at 92.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Thermal receipt paper actually contains BPA and similar chemicals that actually can act as estrogen analogons. This is a proven fact and has been warned about by US and EU Government agencies, and the plasticiser is being removed from most products that actually come on in contact with younger children, and it's even being phased out in thermal receipt paper, because it actually can have negative effects

https://cen.acs.org/articles/95/i35/Touching-thermal-paper-receipts-extend.html
    https://echa.europa.eu/de/-/bpa-being-replaced-by-bps-in-thermal-paper-echa-survey-finds

Edit: not that it helps much, because BPS has pretty much the same effects..

Thermal Receipt paper thus also doesn't belong into the paper trash, but the plastics trash.

I actually sell stuff similar to it for a living, so that hit close to home..

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    See, this is why its impossible to stamp this nonsense out. Every once in a while the ludicrous claim is 70-80% true.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Ok, I'll give them thermal paper. But the nonsense about soy milk is still dumb as fuck.

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Well even if it's true, why do things like nonviolence have to be labelled as feminine? There have been authors throughout the ages who have written about the atrocities of war long before there was BPA or even soy in the western diet.

Of course this goes back to the assholes who were trying to rewrite the bible to remove all "liberal" ideas from it. Because y'know Supply Side Jesus would have been a manly man who preached about the glories of war and capitalism.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    And in Fuck Alex Jones, the judge in the Sandy Hook defamation trial has ordered that he must submit to sworn deposition:
    Discussions on Jones' web show have called the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre a hoax, and lawsuits by families of eight victims and a first responder say they've been subjected to harassment and death threats from Jones' followers.

The superior court judge also ruled Wednesday that the families can depose several other defendants in the case, including those critical to Infowars' business operations.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    The dumbest thing to me

the DUMBEST thing

Cow estrogen, which might not cross-react with all human estrogen receptors, if it does any. So it's real estrogen, but perhaps the wrong type to actually do anything.
    Some do - human estrogen released on mass with the advent of the birth control pill has been blamed for 'feminisation' of amphibians and fish in waterways around cities, but even that is no guarantee it works the other way around.

After a delay of several days in which all people had was a note that seems to have been dictated by Trump himself, the results of Trump’s medical exam were released. This year, as last year, he was recorded as being 6’3” tall.

Twitter is full of photos of Trump standing next to people who are 6’3” or less in height that seem to prove he’s a good deal shorter than claimed. Here’s one example from a writer and lawyer.

It’s not much of a conspiracy theory I grant you, but I just had to mention it here because everyone has started calling it the Girther movement.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I dunno he could be a high 6"2, he's a stooper tho, so that probably effects photos

edited February 2019
    Well bear in mind that’s him standing next to someone who is 6’1”. THIS is what he looks like standing next to someone who is 6’3”.

James Gunn will forever be to me “that guy who directed Guardians of the Galaxy”

In other news, police reckon they’ve caught the guy who set fire to the pizza parlor that was caught up in the whole pizzagate/ Qanon conspiracy. Surprise surprise, a famous video about the conspiracy was posted to his parents’ YouTube account just before the fire.

Ben Collins is a reporter.

Desktop Hippie on
    edited February 2019
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    The dumbest thing to me

the DUMBEST thing

Cow estrogen, which might not cross-react with all human estrogen receptors, if it does any. So it's real estrogen, but perhaps the wrong type to actually do anything.
    Some do - human estrogen released on mass with the advent of the birth control pill has been blamed for 'feminisation' of amphibians and fish in waterways around cities, but even that is no guarantee it works the other way around.

Yes, but what I was really thinking of when I wrote that post was phytoestrogen which dummies theorize "feminizes" men. Phytoestrogens are not estrogens and in no way do they act as estrogens. They're called phytoestrogens (as I understand it, I'm not a scientist) because they have a similar structure to estrogen. But even if they were actual estrogen, they are plant based. If a fellow mammal's estrogen doesn't affect us by consuming it regularly, there's no way in fuck a plant's "estrogen" would.

Cambiata on
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    The dumbest thing to me

the DUMBEST thing

Yes, but what I was really thinking of when I wrote that post was phytoestrogen which dummies theorize "feminizes" men. Phytoestrogens are not estrogens and in no way do they act as estrogens. They're called phytoestrogens (as I understand it, I'm not a scientist) because they have a similar structure to estrogen. But even if they were actual estrogen, they are plant based. If a fellow mammal's estrogen doesn't affect us by consuming it regularly, there's no way in fuck a plant's "estrogen" would.

Im not a scientist either, but I watch youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dfiDeJeDU

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
This discussion has been closed.