As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I've got a tab full of regular skill gems that have been dropping so I can play with then when I get bored and figure out what I want to play next time

I think I wanna play a melee chatacter that attacks really fast and runs reql quick as a change from my cowardly trapper

Just an FYI, you can buy almost every gem in act 6 after clearing the twilight stand

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »
    I've got a tab full of regular skill gems that have been dropping so I can play with then when I get bored and figure out what I want to play next time

I think I wanna play a melee chatacter that attacks really fast and runs reql quick as a change from my cowardly trapper

Just an FYI, you can buy almost every gem in act 6 after clearing the twilight stand

Yeah, i only keep the superior ones cause you can vendor the lot of them for gemcutter +quality currency, same way you can do that with flasks that have +quant.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    I have made a terrible mistake. I named my BV character "FiaVortex", but now I want to make a Vortex character. It's an impossible quandary.

FiaVortexTwo
    FiaVortexTheSecond
    FiaVortexNoBlades
    FiaBladeVortex
    FiaBladeVortexSike

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

Oh yeah I know, just saving a few pennies

2x39jD4.jpg
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    It's annoying that buying skills from the vendors will give you a leveled version. I was trying to figure out why my CWDT and Immortal Call were both around level 10.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Bought an exalt, mostly to have one

I'm one of the big kids now

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Brody wrote: »
    It's annoying that buying skills from the vendors will give you a leveled version. I was trying to figure out why my CWDT and Immortal Call were both around level 10.

I agree with you, using an Orb of Scouring just because that Ghost in the Library wants to sell me a high level skill is not really something I want to do. Luckily a gem vendor who becomes available later on sells those gems at level 1. Just gotta get into the second part.

I decided to try hard core for the first time. It was going fairly well, in act two the mobs were not much of a problem and I decided to unlock one of the Labyrinth parts, foolishly ran with one of those saw traps under my feet not using one of the quicksilver flasks or my leap. I am glad I wasn't too far in yet, but that is the first time a death has me thinking about uninstalling the game. That was a dumb death and I am terrible at this game.

Seg on
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Seg wrote: »

I agree with you, using an Orb of Scouring just because that Ghost in the Library wants to sell me a high level skill is not really something I want to do. Luckily a gem vendor who becomes available later on sells those gems at level 1. Just gotta get into the second part.

I decided to try hard core for the first time. It was going fairly well, in act two the mobs were not much of a problem and I decided to unlock one of the Labyrinth parts, foolishly ran with one of those saw traps under my feet not using one of the quicksilver flasks or my leap. I am glad I wasn't too far in yet, but that is the first time a death has me thinking about uninstalling the game. That was a dumb death and I am terrible at this game.

Every death in hardcore feels dumb, and so much of surviving in HC is building up an encyclopedia of game knowledge about the things that can kill you. Don't sweat it.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I decided to kill uber elder again this weekend. Only died twice this time, but man were the drops disappointing. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to bother with that again. I guess this is just a reminder of how meh the rewards for end game content are. I'm three challenges from 36 so hopefully I get that done and then can be done with this league myself since I'm feeling pretty burnt.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »

Every death in hardcore feels dumb, and so much of surviving in HC is building up an encyclopedia of game knowledge about the things that can kill you. Don't sweat it.

Started that character again this morning, having some quicksilver flasks stashed meant I wasn't as frustrated with the start.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

I ripped yesterday morning to an Uber lab. 5700 hp Acro/Phase Acro with Slayer leech; I gauged DPS in PoB at about 120k and had Culling Strike so i figured no sweat.

Let's see how this went.
    -poelab listed Sword Izaro with Fonts first, Essences second. Ok no big deal just kill the fonts and then get 2/3 essences down. I'll be fine.
    -First Darkshrine was Brutality. No help there but as long as I get traps off I'll be fine.
    -I forgot to kill the fonts. Well I'll bring a Warding flask to the second and third fights it's fine.
    -Second Darkshrine is Twice Enchanted
    That's great maybe I'll get something valuable on my Starkonja! Still need those traps off though...
    -I get 2/3 Essences down. All according to plan. I just had to run circles around Izaro because I ran out of flask charges. This'll work in phase 3 for sure.
    -Third Darkshrine is an extra key. Ok I definitely have to get traps off on the 4th.
    -Fourth Darkshrine is half damage from traps. Uh I guess that'll work.
    -Me sitting in the lobby for phase 3: if I can point blank barrage him for, like, four whole seconds he's dead. But I really feel like I should portal out and come back later today after reset.
    -Fuck it let's do it.
    -Izaro instantly slashes at me and starts his green circle from go, I get smacked down to 10% life and portaled directly on top of a roomba. I instaflask and get back in there. He portals me again. I ran out of flasks and tried to dodge around like in phase 2, ran directly into another roomba. GG.

Rethinking my build later (and my life choices) after brunch I realized my PoB DPS required frenzy charges and EO, neither of which I could reliably have in the first seconds of that fight.

The lesson in HC is that if the game is trying to tell you not to do it, don't do it.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png

This is why I can't play HC anymore. That and having a shit PC that kills me, and a toddler I need to be able to rescue if she tries to do something dumb.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

I prefer to wear my exhalts in inpulsas form. its like swimming in them.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

The next fun step is to be able to slam something and not recoil in horror. And not just from the horrible affix you most likely got either :)

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I've reached the point where in order to avoid fighting uber elder again I'm just slapping on a couple of poet's pens and leveling up alts. So satisfying. I should probably talk to a counselor.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I should read reddit more. I've been vendoring tear's of purity instead of corrupting them. Of course I can't afford the sulphite to get much use out of a delve hacker build anyway so meh.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I should read reddit more
    Not sure this has ever once been true

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    Down to just two more challenges. One is to defeat Aisling as a safehouse captain, which I have her as right now and the second one I'm probably going to do is open safehouse stashes, of which one is done, two are 35+ and I'm at 28 for research. In theory I could probably also try to do the two mastermind ones I didn't complete yet but ugh, that fight is just annoying even if it isn't hard for my character.

Meanwhile I've settled on rolling one more character for the league. I'm gonna try out one of these cospri's malice CoC builds that look kind of neat. Main issue I'm having is settling on a passive tree and a couple pieces of gear.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I might be tempted to try an Assassin-based CoC character since I have a Shadow at level 90 or so not doing anything otherwise, but it's pretty late in the league already and I'm maybe 3 minutes of effort away from getting my 36th challenge.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    couple more frost screenshots!
    t16 mapping still profitable (i eldered my arcade)

ZBoiVS6.png

and completed a long term PoE goal

maxNr2z.png

breachstones are so dumb and are gonna get so nerfed in 3.6 so i figured hey, why not

J3qcnBP.png
    What was the run from 99 to 100 like with pures, I've heard it's 1% per pure and I'm not excited about that. Might not do more having hit 96.

Rius wrote: »
    What was the run from 99 to 100 like with pures, I've heard it's 1% per pure and I'm not excited about that. Might not do more having hit 96.

depends on the stone, but yes, its about 1.0-1.1% per cheaper stone (xoph, uul, tul etc) and about 1.8-2% per chalupa

took about 8 hours total for 99-100, about 14 ex worth of hosts

J3qcnBP.png
    Can someone tell me why Elder Conservatory Maps are the most expensive map for sale right now? i got shaper down and still have the elder orb, but am confused by whats special about this one that puts it at the top. i assume it has to do with the number of sextants you can apply to it, but even so, none of the specific drops seem to make it super good.

azith28 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why Elder Conservatory Maps are the most expensive map for sale right now? i got shaper down and still have the elder orb, but am confused by whats special about this one that puts it at the top. i assume it has to do with the number of sextants you can apply to it, but even so, none of the specific drops seem to make it super good.

there is no reason, someone just bulk bought 20+ maps off 1 person for 40c each

poe.ninja logs that much activity as market, but its literally 1 sale.

J3qcnBP.png
    so what should i use my elder orb on :)

your favorite map to run

J3qcnBP.png
    I'm down to one more major piece for my new build but thought I'd check if anyone has a Cospri's Malice laying around before I buy one.

woo

time to play some other games for a bit

r5ALpe3.png

J3qcnBP.png
    edited February 2019
    Grats! I'm pretty close to the same thing. Will probably go spend more time in Warframe or maybe MHGU. Also got my Cospri's. Now to get a Pandemonius at some point, though that's not required.

Saldonas on
    So, can someone suggest a build that is a high survival, boss killer, not super expensive, moderate clearer? I want to be able to do endgame stuff solo, Don't mind if it takes me a little longer to clear if it means i dont get killed cheaply.

That's occultist cold snap right thurrr

You can start as a plain old Life build until you get your 3rd/4th ascendencies, switch to CI when you do, and switch to LowLife when you have more currency.

So, can someone suggest a build that is a high survival, boss killer, not super expensive, moderate clearer? I want to be able to do endgame stuff solo, Don't mind if it takes me a little longer to clear if it means i dont get killed cheaply.

Whats your budget? under 5 ex?

Xophs is the cheapest is has ever been, so MS Jugg is a very solid "do everything and never die" build

GC Mines is the staple boss killer, can do uber elder on a 1 ex budget. Its relatively squishy however

J3qcnBP.png
    Is the Thicc Jugg any good, I've seen some videos suggesting its great for being able to stand in just about anything, although it isn't the best at clearing.

MS Jugg's clear is kind of lame, though, without a Dying Sun/Helm Enchant

Like, it's fine, but Cold Snap is way better

It's definitely good. I've done all the game's content with it. Ancestral call helps a ton with killing packs but it's not gonna win any speed awards.

You just switch to conc path for clear

J3qcnBP.png
    edited February 2019

or, if u want OP OP OP

do EH scion - slayer elementalist

yoke, kaoms, 2x jewels, pyre and CotB, 6 link porcupine +2 bow is about 5-6 ex

but u can clear uber elder on it and its mapping clear is top 3 in game

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited February 2019
    Oh noooo I left one of my rings in a syndicate crafting bench when I took the last portal out

well that blows it was a ring I was using and it was expensive (for me)

dang

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    Well I'm mostly thinking about the next league, so i would start with nothing again, so budget is completely up to RNG dropping exhalts for me. I'm usually the kind to stick to one main per season for a game like this, so i dont get burned out, and it irritates me how everything is fine for so long, then suddenly a huge wall in front of you.

Seriously, do Occultist Cold Snap/Vortex then. It can be done with all rares on almost no budget and just gets better with time and currency. And you can level with it; it was my starter, albeit as Trickster. Which is, probably, a better pure starter, but will suck for endgame bossing due to no recovery options.