As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    If Boogie Cousins is going to come back and play like this I don't see a way anyone beats Golden State.

No one was going to anyway. The only joy in this season is watching the rookie class.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Boogie is shooting 75% from three point range, every other team is doomed.

Boogie fouling out of the game is a great way of staying on brand. I'm a big fan.

They had a good play going where Boogie sets a screen for Klay or Steph’s man, then Klay or Steph runs straight into Boogie’s man and draws their own defender into the pileup, leaving Boogie with 10 feet of space to shoot. It’s so clearly illegal, but the size differential makes the refs overlook it.

Nothing about these plays were illegal? Boban was already sagging off Cousins because he’s not a good perimeter defender, and sagged further because Klay/Steph was diving to the basket. That left Boogie open.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Technically those are moving screens, but the league hasn't consistently called moving screens except against the Warriors during the 2016 Finals.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Honestly I’m so used to non-Boban defenders fighting through that play and thus assumed that was a non-Boban defender who was being illegally screened

Realizing after I made the first post that it was Boban’s shit perimeter defense causing Boogie’s openness, I decided to make a dumb shit post but leave the first stupid post anyway as a cautionary tale to everyone else about how easy it is to be wrong on the forums

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
  • Options
    That’s maybe misleading because it assumes Draymond (who used to shoot 3s well...) wasn’t their real center anyway

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Well...

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Melo traded to the Bulls.

They really are tanking.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    They plan to immediately cut him if he clears waivers

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    They plan to immediately cut him if he clears waivers

Got a bit of cash from Houston for their trouble too.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

They really are tanking.

Beating the Cavs by 16 today was unacceptable and major moves needed to take place to ensure a more terrible record

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular

They really are tanking.

Beating the Cavs by 16 today was unacceptable and major moves needed to take place to ensure a more terrible record

God, Reins needs to sell the Bulls and White Sox.

He's stuck in the god-damned 90s!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Oladipo left the game on a stretcher with an apparent knee injury. They weren't showing clips during halftime

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I haven’t seen but I read people saying his kneecap was up at his thigh. Not good :/

He is a fun player so I’ll hope it isn’t that, and if it is, back next year healthy.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Embiid is incredible and Simmons still needs to learn how to shoot.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Warriors skipped the White House visit and met Obama yesterday instead

66d7wkP.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    He looks so tiny!

• Options
    Please not the Celtics...

They can probably put the best trade package together though.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

They are more or less locked out until after the season though, right? Because both Davis and Kyrie have the franchise tag.

• Options
    Welp it would have been weird for Lebron to not trade half his team away in January. Does NO go for Davis for all the Lakers draft picks from the last 3 years?

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »

They are more or less locked out until after the season though, right? Because both Davis and Kyrie have the franchise tag.

Correct. You cannot trade for more than one player on that type of contract. It's a tough call for New Orleans. LA arguably has more to give in young talent now (depending on your opinion of Ball) but the Celtics have a lot too and better draft picks.

• Options
    If they can sell high on Lonzo Ball that would be great. I just don't think Lonzo is ever going to be any more than what we've seen.

Ocassional big game but mostly mediocre.

• Options
    His free throw percentage is appalling

• Options
    He's just not very good. I don't know what they saw in him coming out of college but he's been exactly what I've expected. He's just not a high level. NBA talent.

• Options
    I think Magic thought D’Angelo was a goofball (I mean he was) and fell in love with the local kid.

Ball is still a good defender. He seems to be a much slower, less aggressive and somehow worse shooting version of Rondo, but young and without the bugfuck craziness.

• Options
    Also the Cavs beat the new look shitty Bulls so they’ll probably offer to be a third partner to unload anyone with any use in the NBA to help balance this

• Options
    He's just not very good. I don't know what they saw in him coming out of college but he's been exactly what I've expected. He's just not a high level. NBA talent.

They saw a very athletic and gifted passer that's a terror in fast breaks but he's proven very disappointing in the half court. I don't think anyone expected he'd be so timid in the paint and his free throw shooting has dropped a full 20% since college which is mind blowing.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Knicks feel KP, Knox, and Robinson are their "core" and want to hold onto them, but will be "aggressive" in AD trade talks, and I'm already tired of this and contemplating disabling my BR notifications.

• Options
    Not trying to be a dick to their fans but I doubt AD considers the Knicks "a team that allows him the chance to win consistently and compete for a championship."

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, they're probably going to try to sell him on KP coming back and the team with him, Knox, and Robinson being just "one piece" away but that's pretty well horseshit.

I'm just making a note of how this shit is already starting to fly and its only been 5 hours since he made the announcement.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    he's going to LA

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    he's going to LA

I read somewhere they might wait till the summer to get an offer from Boston.

• Options
    LA can trade everyone but Lebron and I'm pretty sure they would compete with anyone in the league with only Lebron and AD on the floor.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I don’t see what incentive the pelicans have to trade him before the end of season. Why lock out perhaps your strongest bidder? It’s not his contract year

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    he's going to LA

Don't forget the Rich Paul connection though. That matters a lot more than it should.

• Options
    I didn't think AD had a no trade clause?

• Options
    Butters wrote: »
    he's going to LA

Don't forget the Rich Paul connection though. That matters a lot more than it should.

Lol Lebron the tampering GM

Also NO could hold out, but AD has a lot of sway here merely by indicating where he’d sign an extension.

Also while Boston has a higher ceiling on what it could offer quality-wise, it’s highly likely LA would be willing to give more value than what Boston would be willing.

Lebron+AD+Javale+Rondo+Lance is a contender, while you need to retain more of those new good players in Boston to have a shot.

This discussion has been closed.