As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular
CONSUME AND BE NOURISHED THEREBY

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I ate Nacho Fries over the weekend. Still good.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Did they have Heinz caviar? Because if not...

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I ate Chipotle yesterday for dinner

I am strongly considering eating Chipotle for dinner tonight

White Rice (no cilantro)
    Fajita Veggies
    Black Beans
    Chorizo
    Hot Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Guac

mmmmm

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Starting the thread off right.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

White Rice (no cilantro)
    Fajita Veggies
    Black Beans
    Chorizo
    Hot Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Guac

mmmmm

Chipotle is okay, but I think I prefer Qdoba for large burritos.

see317 wrote: »

White Rice (no cilantro)
    Fajita Veggies
    Black Beans
    Chorizo
    Hot Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Guac

mmmmm

Chipotle is okay, but I think I prefer Qdoba for large burritos.

we had one here but it closed in about a month and I never got to try it out. I just figured it must have been bad =p

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I like Moe's

Fresh pressed tortillas, heck yeah

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

oh I hate this

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I like Moe's

Moe's is my preferred chain TexMex as well.

Taco Bell is not included in that consideration IMO because it's its own weird, delicious thing.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    We’ve basically got chipotle or freebirds here and I typically go with chipotle.

Freebirds has more topping options but they’re blander and not quite as good usually.

3clipse wrote: »
    I like Moe's

Moe's is my preferred chain TexMex as well.

Taco Bell is not included in that consideration IMO because it's its own weird, delicious thing.

I have to say that after 22 years of loving Taco Bell, I had some a couple weeks ago and it just wasn't good. Not even bad good. It was just a plain flavorless mass. I'll give it a month and try again.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »

oh I hate this

The BEST case scenario here is using those in a dish that would already use ketchup, for a textural element. But I don't hardly ever want a "burst" of ketchup on anything.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Mori worked as a cook at a Freebirds in San Jose (they paid everyone minimum wage with no extras and eventually shut down and withdrew from the Bay Area citing expenses) while I was pregnant and I made the poor guy shower immediately after every shift because just being in the same room as him made me vomit.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh noooooo

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    That's just spherified ketchup, you could make that at home with some stuff you can buy on Amazon.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Alternatively, tapioca maltodextrin with ketchup is really fuckin weird in a different way. Dry ketchup!

Pinfeldorf on
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Qdoba, Chipotle, Moe's, etc, are pretty poorly positioned in a place like LA. If I want a really cheap burrito I go to Taco Bell, but if I'm going to spend $6+ on a single burrito I have dozens of local Mexican joints that make a way better burrito than any of the chains. There's just no reason to go to a chain like Chipotle.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Even in deep norcal there's tons of mexican restaurants. It's great.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    @Rorshach Kringle I ate a turnpike cheesesteak with whiz and it was excellent

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Alternatively, tapioca maltodextrin with ketchup is really fuckin weird in a different way. Dry ketchup!

Maltodextrin is amazing in ways both wonderful and horrifying

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It’s Valentine’s season, in which I pay good money to eat sweetened chalk just because.

YL9WnCY.png
    Sterica wrote: »
    It’s Valentine’s season, in which I pay good money to eat sweetened chalk just because.

don't forget incredibly low-grade chocolate!

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Izzo's is my favorite tex mex burrito place. A medium burrito(which is still friggin huge)meal can run you about $15.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Qdoba, Chipotle, Moe's, etc, are pretty poorly positioned in a place like LA. If I want a really cheap burrito I go to Taco Bell, but if I'm going to spend $6+ on a single burrito I have dozens of local Mexican joints that make a way better burrito than any of the chains. There's just no reason to go to a chain like Chipotle.

Ex-mex is cheating though. Try somewhere in the rest of the country...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    "Rorshach Kringle" I ate a turnpike cheesesteak with whiz and it was excellent

they are so goddamned good

i am so glad you finally took the plunge

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Polaritie wrote: »

I mean I grew up in a town of 2500 people in Michigan and had a better Mexican place than Chipotle, it's not impossible.

Most towns probably have a proper Mexican place that's better than Chipotle. Pretty low bar.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    chipotle is fine

it's like taco bell, in that it's so far removed from the culinary tradition it is derived from that it seems pointless to compare them

nobody's eating at chipotle because they think it's good Mexican food, they're eating at chipotle because they want a giant fuck-off burrito for eight bucks and they want it three minutes from now

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I mean I grew up in a town of 2500 people in Michigan and had a better Mexican place than Chipotle, it's not impossible.

The operative word there was "dozens", which... I'm jealous.

I do know a couple good local places. But Taco Bell is like, 1/3 the drive as any of them.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    See I feel like Chipotle is at least trying to approximate a good burrito experience and given the cost I can't justify it. Like they trot out chorizo and sofrito as notable items, that to me makes them more direct competitors to the local Mexican joint.

They slather on sour cream and hot sauce like they have to get rid of it

love Chipotle

I think I may get some again tonight

if your town has a qdoba, you should never be spending time at chipotle

6vjsgrerts6r.png

our qdoba closed in a month

I go to chipotle occasionally because there is one directly across from the bar where I do playtests for my game and sometimes it just works out that it's the best food option available

our qdoba closed in a month

my condolences

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I miss Qdoba from my time in New England. We only have Chipotle and Moe's in Ohio and Moe's is better but it's no Qdoba. Near my house there's a Tex Mex place that makes a seafood chimichanga that weighs four pounds and is covered in like a quart of queso though so if I've got time I'm just doing that.

Mai-Kero on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    We've got a great local chain place called Taco Burrito King.

They make a damn fine taco:
    ywe7wkpai9ez.jpg

I had chipotle

I forgot the guacamole though

chipotle got a lot better once they acknowledged they were being stupid by not having queso

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I just made my own version of klingon raktajino from ds9

Moka pot coffee with cinnamon cardemom sugar (and a splash of Jameson)

This discussion has been closed.