As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

HermanoHermano Registered User regular
edited January 2019 in Social Entropy++

Let's talk about our favourite connected movie universes here!

PSN- AHermano
Hermano on

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Anyway I'm watching You Were Never Really Here again, because it's amazing, how about you

PSN- AHermano
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Anyway I'm watching You Were Never Really Here again, because it's amazing, how about you

I love that movie a lot. It's probably the 2018 movie I've bothered people about the most.

edited January 2019
    Yeah, it's a movie that really got under my skin

God the soundtrack is so good too

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    What does a 4th Wall Chimichanga taste like, I wonder.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    it is 2019 and I was just struck by the thought "dang, Bo Peep could kick my ass"

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    She's fucking built

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Turning Bo Peep into a badass action lady is kinda neat but I do find it hilarious how they put out a bunch of

BO

PEEP

IS

BACK

marketing stuff

Who the hell ever cared about Bo Peep? She wasn't even a real character!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I cared about Bo Peep and was really annoyed she was just written out with no real reference.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Turning Bo Peep into a badass action lady is kinda neat but I do find it hilarious how they put out a bunch of

BO

PEEP

IS

BACK

marketing stuff

Who the hell ever cared about Bo Peep? She wasn't even a real character!

I think that's the joke?

Or maybe we're not supposed to find it funny who knows

The real joke is the existence of Toy Story 4

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    "Someone messed with Bo Peep's sheep.

People keep asking her if she's back.

Yeah, she's thinking she's back."

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    just wanna do one last sweep of anybody looking to apologize for their treatment of my “mrs. mr. big lebowski” post last thread. only got the one from yaya on file and frankly I didn’t think I’d respond this way but the finger was a class touch

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I mean, the last 3 TS were great

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    bo peep is back to distract you from potato head having a wrong voice

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    What’s one movie from 2018 do you wish more people would see?

I’d definitely second You Were Never Really Here. It’s not exactly obscure, but it came out early in the year and it hasn’t gotten nearly the attention it deserves. Which is painfully normal for Lynne Ramsay.

I’d also say Happy As Lazzaro, because even though it’s a “Netflix movie”, I haven’t heard a lot of talk about it.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I’d definitely second You Were Never Really Here. It’s not exactly obscure, but it came out early in the year and it hasn’t gotten nearly the attention it deserves. Which is painfully normal for Lynne Ramsay.

I’d also say Happy As Lazzaro, because even though it’s a “Netflix movie”, I haven’t heard a lot of talk about it.

The Endless

its a cosmic horror film done right that also doesnt end on a nihilistic note

also a really good take on cult environments

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Into the Spider-verse

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Gonna say, American Animals, Leave No Trace (again) and Tully

I saw Tully recently and really liked it, that movie should not work with that plot twist yet somehow it pulls it off

PSN- AHermano
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I’m gonna watch You Were Never Really Here as my next movie, I think. For some reason I decided to watch Watchmen again last night. Still a good movie, but in a post-MCU world, it’s not as good as I remember it being.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    so after finally checking out support the girls (thanks to flat jimmy for banging that drum so hard at pax south for the recommendation) and realizing that Andrew Bujalaki had done computer chess prior (another movie I loved), I figured I’d see if Results, a romcom he’d done in between the two with guy pierce, cobie smulders, and kevin corrigan was on Hulu too and also any GOOD and the answer there is yeah! It’s great. any of y’all hankerin for a naturalistic sorta romcom with guy pierce, cobie smulders, and kevin corrigan should check it out. I feel like that’s about as tight a pitch as ya need. they’re all fantastic fun in it.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    All praise to Flat Jimmy.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    i mean i have had some luck with a bunch of my favorites, but i really wish someone else would watch bomb city.

it's got one of the tensest goddamned scenes i have seen in a while and it's just a really well told story.

but failing that

support the girls. forever until i am dead. support. them. girls.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Burning

Burning

Burning

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I got American Animals from the library, i'll watch it tomorrow.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

Blindspotting. It's great and I feel it really got slept on in favor of flashier fair.

so after finally checking out support the girls (thanks to flat jimmy for banging that drum so hard at pax south for the recommendation) and realizing that Andrew Bujalaki had done computer chess prior (another movie I loved), I figured I’d see if Results, a romcom he’d done in between the two with guy pierce, cobie smulders, and kevin corrigan was on Hulu too and also any GOOD and the answer there is yeah! It’s great. any of y’all hankerin for a naturalistic sorta romcom with guy pierce, cobie smulders, and kevin corrigan should check it out. I feel like that’s about as tight a pitch as ya need. they’re all fantastic fun in it.

theo how dare you

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    i would say i'd do this but then the movie would ends and i would have to leave the coffin and be reminded that i am, in fact, still alive

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Hermano wrote: »

Gonna say, American Animals, Leave No Trace (again) and Tully

I saw Tully recently and really liked it, that movie should not work with that plot twist yet somehow it pulls it off

i watched leave no trace a couple weeks ago, that’s a beautiful flick. BEAUtiful

f2ojmwh3geue.png

The Endless

Is that the one from the fellas what did Spring?

theo how dare you

for an inanimate man, his tastes are surprisingly humanistic

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

The Endless

Is that the one from the fellas what did Spring?

yup

it's real good!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

The Endless

I want to see it simply based on the strength of Spring, plus I like the premise more.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh whoa ok, I loved Spring so The Endless just jumped to the top of my watch list.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The endless is fantastic, so Spring just jump to the top of mine

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I love cosmic horror but didn't like Spring - how will I feel about The Endless?

Straightzi wrote: »
    I love cosmic horror but didn't like Spring - how will I feel about The Endless?

i don't like spring at all, but i adored the endless

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.