As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    With any luck they actually combine the Annas and if she takes a top 2 finish then the highest voted Anna is the model they work from.
    Unfortunately I think any combinations are already reflected in those results.

Anna would be so much better than Camilla.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I want Warriors Anna. Her design is great.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    I've been forgetting to vote, but when I get home I'm gonna start voting for Camilla because we've clearly crossed the point where we've gone too far but I want to keep pushing to see what happens next.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I'm inclined to vote Micaiah, but knowing that Legendary Anna is a real (hilarious) possibility is changing my mind.

What would happen if Surtr won one of these? 40 damage to everyone in cardinal directions?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Flying Surtr on a dragon.

I've been forgetting to vote, but when I get home I'm gonna start voting for Camilla because we've clearly crossed the point where we've gone too far but I want to keep pushing to see what happens next.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Acheron wrote: »

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

In a few years I'll be running Camilla brigades for grand conquest.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Holy shit female Robin is #3??? Umm.. sorry Gregor, I need to go back to voting for Robin.. (seriously, wtf?? Not even male Robin...)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Maybe a chance at a Levin Sword.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Also this is a sadly probably true explanation as to why Camilla is #1 on that list:
    https://youtu.be/MoDl-a4Vugg

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    boy even for youtube thumbnails that is considerably unappealing

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Had terrible luck on this banner. Blew tons of orbs, only got Leanne as far as focus units go. (Got an off-focus dream-cult Camilla though, which is...interesting.)

It's a good thing I already wanted Nintendo to have all my money!

Update: Scraped together 20 orbs doing Hard story maps and pulled a Tibarn!

Maybe I actually have a shot at getting Nailah before the banner ends.

Final update: Been sniping blues a couple times a day, and pulled Nailah just now!

Hopefully I'll be able to save up some orbs for a while...

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I'm still 0-for-beasts. Got it to 5% and then got pity broken by Tailtiu.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Finally finished a project. Had to make her a badass warrior in her own right, not just a tactics buff bot. She wrecks a surprising number of units with this build and is a lot of fun. Used a defense boon to get her solid mixed defenses. She's set to gain a few HP with the merge changes, too.

3snori7xlyi7.png

Nice, did a couple yolo pulls on the Elincia banner and got a Brave Ike. I'll take that.

11 units pulled and 0 blue orbs. I got a BIke as well though so I think RNG is telling me to stop here and just be happy with another Steady Breath.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    What's the best assist to put on Surtr? Pivot, Swap, or something else?

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Rally Res :P

If you're sticking him in an armor team, Swap is the way to go, but if you're putting him in a mixed team, then you might get some use out of Pivot.... Buuuut Swap is probably better either way.

Dr. Flamingo on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I put pivot on mine. Helps plop him in the middle of stuff to get his damage thing to activate

camo_sig.png
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Nice, did a couple yolo pulls on the Elincia banner and got a Brave Ike. I'll take that.

I got an Elincia on the free pull (second time Elincia came on a free pull, I believe), and then spent 70 orbs or so in the hopes of another to add to my now +3 before hitting a Brave Ike. Not going to tempt fate further, even if Wrath would be nice to have copies of.

They should call this one the "Slay Queen and Fodder" banner.

s7Imn5J.png
    Opty wrote: »
    What's the best assist to put on Surtr? Pivot, Swap, or something else?

I like Swap on all my armors personally

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I could definitely use some merges for my Elincia, who's gotten me through a large portion of my time with this game, even if I haven't used her as much lately. She was probably the first unit I really chased. Buuut I'm not spending an orb on this banner, I need to save up for once. Even if the consolation prizes are primo fodder.

Well, finally got a beast off of the banner - Nailah! (...and she's -ATK...)

--Mark Twain
    Freebie pull was Owain. Nice! Let the monologues begin.

3DS Friend Code:
    Woohoo, made tier 20 in aeither raids!

Is anyone else like me and ignoring level 3 defense fortress to save for level 4 offense? I'm almost there. Gonna need an edge against these tier 20 defenses, and consistent offense score is more important than defense.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Woohoo, made tier 20 in aeither raids!

Is anyone else like me and ignoring level 3 defense fortress to save for level 4 offense? I'm almost there. Gonna need an edge against these tier 20 defenses, and consistent offense score is more important than defense.

I went with 3 for both. It is very rare in t20 to run into a leve 4 defensive fort (anecdote).

The one time I did, I don’t think I would’ve won with me having a level 4, hah!

I did not make it to tier 20 -_- Which is to say I did, and then I got a -80 defense and got knocked back down to 19 -_- I am mad.

I messed up and lost an attack that would have gotten me into Tier 20 D: I'm 20 short of 20 and it was all because I didn't pay enough attention.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    I came up short too. A collection of mistakes. I think I need to make a few more offensive team variants.

My defense actually did quite well. I think I only list one -80 this season and the rest were -40 or better.

--Mark Twain
    I haven't got any defense wins in awhile because I haven't engaged with the defense system yet at all. I probably should, I have all kinds of tricky fliers. I could just look at some PVE maps for inspiration....

Ouch, sorry to hear of the shortfalls. I missed a tier cutoff by 20 lift a couple weeks back and it stung pretty bad.

The good news is that with defense negating Mythics and more light blessings being available, AR should trend toward more and more people getting into tiers 20 and 21. It doesn't seem to have a mechanism like normal arena for forcing a tier distribution, so eventually everyone could be at the top and only rankings differentiate each week.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I'll probably end in the top 4k. Had three losses I had to eat this time around and I rarely had to actually take a loss. I used up the ladder on two suboptimal runs, but both would've been successful so I guess I can't keep trying for better runs now!

I think it's because I made up five teams worth 160 lift, with the limited character pool of light blessed characters and two Eir's.

I think next season I will focus on an enemy phase Nailah with a support team to help her defenses. I just had her tank Reinhardt, horse Chrom and Veronica and she ended with like 11 HP. She had 33/34 (after light blessing) and had the +6 from L!Azura.

Perhaps this next mythical hero will help reduce the pain from losses.

https://youtu.be/aSgS310mBRU

Did not expect Duma...

Holy shit that C skill.

Polaritie wrote: »
    Holy shit that C skill.

Yeah. It doesn't seem super broken though. It's good for literally one turn. Guess it can mess up hp thresholds but it can also activate vantage and desperation so there are drawbacks. It's also pretty faithful to the source material so I don't object.

Holy shit that C skill.

Yeah. It doesn't seem super broken though. It's good for literally one turn. Guess it can mess up hp thresholds but it can also activate vantage and desperation so there are drawbacks. It's also pretty faithful to the source material so I don't object.

Yeah, it's still worrisome and I worry he's going to be as annoying as Surtr. More so, he's colorless.

edited January 2019
    Holy shit that C skill.

Yeah, it's still worrisome and I worry he's going to be as annoying as Surtr. More so, he's colorless.

The problem with Surtr is he does that EVERY turn AND he debuffs the enemy -4 in all stats AND he buffs himself +4 in all stats. He's insane. This is basically gonna be like Fallen Takumi I suspect.

Also this is funny:

Warlock82 on
    Guess it can mess up hp thresholds but it can also activate vantage and desperation so there are drawbacks.

Seems like it's just below the 75% threshold for most units—at 32 HP, you need 8 damage to activate them. Only Elise and Kagero have HP below that prior to a bane.

s7Imn5J.png
    Duma is really cool and I'm glad he's there, but he is no Deghinsea. Therefore I jumped my small remaining stash into one last desperate attempt for Tibarn. I was utterly defeated. The final indignity was a goddamn 5 star Soleil, who I don't care for at all.

That makes the tally of red pitybreakers include an Ares, a -atk +HP Sanaki, a brave Roy, and Soleil. 4 coin flips for Tibarn and I got 4 straight tails. Brutal. Guess I slowly start stacking orbs again...

Wow both of us got 5* Soleil pitybreakers for Tibarn. Not that I'm ever sad to see my grandchild.