As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i'm actually getting really obsessed with making burgers

like i haven't made heaps of them yet, but i just really like the process of getting them all ready and then serving them, and bringing all these nice flavours together

like if my whole career in law falls right back down soon after it takes off, i'm actually real tempted to try being a chef

just because of these burgers

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »

like i haven't made heaps of them yet, but i just really like the process of getting them all ready and then serving them, and bringing all these nice flavours together

like if my whole career in law falls right back down soon after it takes off, i'm actually real tempted to try being a chef

Why not combine the two?

"Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Come on down to the Law Burgers and we'll assess your case while you enjoy one of our signature (Out)law Burgers!"

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm glad I came in here because I'm on my way to eat tacos for lunch instead of the leftover soup I brought in to the office.

In my defense the office is more frigid than usual so I had to leave so my fingers didn't fall off.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    kilnborn wrote: »

Why not combine the two?

"Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Come on down to the Law Burgers and we'll assess your case while you enjoy one of our signature (Out)law Burgers!"

ooh
    I smell an underrated ABC crime dramedy

• Options
    ... dang, I should hunt down Good Guys, Bad Guys.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I got a pint of Pistachio Ice Cream

And my girlfriend made Peanut Butter Cookies

So I decided to make an ice cream sandwich and holy christ it is delicious

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My favorite is Oreos with pistachio gelato/ice cream. But, like, the blonde Oreos. Also you'll want to brush your chompers right away.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

Why not combine the two?

Get an Outlaw Burger at Bob Loblaw's Law Burgers.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    An old friend from grad school is in town and I'm taking him to Buttermilk & Bourbon tonight ohboyohboyohboy

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Why not combine the two?

ooh
    I smell an underrated ABC crime dramedy

Meanwhile at azith28's hideout.

Muhahahah. They said i was crazy...but no. THEY ARE THE CRAZY ONES.
    *Takes meatloaf mix (Beef,pork,veal), applies meatloaf fixings, makes hamburger shapes,brushes them with ketchup, bakes the medallions*

YES!!! THIS IS THE SUPREME HAMBURGER! JUST TRY AND STOP ME BURGER COPS!!!

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My friend wanted me to try my hand at making some honey hard tack for him as a project.

So it's in the oven.

It wouldn't come together though as it was written. Had to add more butter...hope it turns out ok.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    These taste like biscotti.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Concept: a saltine topped with EZ-cheez and some of those ketchup caviar pearls

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »

Make it a Ritz, and you got yourself a deal.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Look at this 1%er over here in the bad food thread.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Compromise with a store brand butter cracker?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Compromise with a store brand butter cracker?

Only if they're purchased at Aldi's.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

What are we puttin' on the Ritz?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    EZ-cheez and some of those ketchup caviar pearls. I swear, I feel like I'm the only one who reads around here.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for the new Taco Bell to open in the next town over, the existing one has very slow service.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Peanut butter!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    People who claim you can get a better burrito than Chipotle or Qdoba in any town in America:

Can you get it in the time and convenience you get from those places, or do you have to go into a family Mexican restaurant, spend 20 minutes eating chips, and then when your burrito arrives it’s drowning in sauce and being encroached upon by a slurry pond of retried beans?

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    god damn it stop making me want burritos

I already got two last week when going through midway airport

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited for the new Taco Bell to open in the next town over, the existing one has very slow service.

It’s always nice to have choices.

Let’s go to Taco Bell. No not that one, the good one.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    knitdan wrote: »
    People who claim you can get a better burrito than Chipotle or Qdoba in any town in America:

Can you get it in the time and convenience you get from those places, or do you have to go into a family Mexican restaurant, spend 20 minutes eating chips, and then when your burrito arrives it’s drowning in sauce and being encroached upon by a slurry pond of retried beans?

.... the first one?

Like, out of a fucking drive through, even?

Edit: oooooh, ANY TOWN in America.

No, probably not.

sarukun on
  • Options

I have to say that my favorite Mexican place is almost too fast. Like, I'd like some more time with the fresh tortilla chips and house-made salsa and delicious queso, but here's the meal like four minutes later, I guess. Damn you, Tarahumara's. Damn you for cooking my delicious food so quickly.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Fuck, I love eating chips and salsa at a Mexican restaurant.

“I’d like the burrito mojado and if you could just wrap it up to go immediately, that’d be great, and also keep the chips and salsa coming until I die.”

• Options
    I know there’s a “San Diego style”* Mexican place with 3-4 locations in Spokane. I don’t like it as much as Qdoba or even Chipotle.

They do weird shit like put cabbage and potatoes in the burrito for no fucking reason, or drop the burrito in the fryer for ten seconds so the shell burns you if you go to eat the thing too fast. And the meat is just plain under seasoned.

*whatever the hell that means

• Options
    At least we'll always have the sopapillas that show up like ten seconds after we put our forks down.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular

Up and down California, Arizona, New Mexico and everywhere I've been in Nevada, there are taquerias where you walk in, order a burrito, wait around for a few minutes and bam, your burrito is ready. Eat it there, or get it to go. Obviously if the place is extra busy you have a longer wait, but that's the same at Chipotle, just with a longer line.

And yes, they're going to be better than Chipotle or Qdoba. Usually much, much better. And they'll almost never make you sick.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Super duper!

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

Maybe? The one in my hometown is a walk-up counter with outdoor seating only and also a drive-thru. The only time you have to wait more than about 5 minutes for a burrito is if they're super busy in the summer. They also didn't offer a wet burrito at all last time I was there.

In LA there are for sure places just as fast and convenient as the chains. Hell, in LA if you want tacos instead of burritos you just walk to a busy corner and get some al pastor from a taco cart in like a minute.

Edit: oh dang, they even have online ordering for both locations in/near my hometown now. And I guess they do have a wet burrito option now.

http://www.riosmexicangrill.com/order-online.html

jgeis on
  • Options
    I haven’t had tacos al pastor since that time we had a very abrupt turnover in church leadership

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I made myself a nighttime sandwich of some cold cutz and horseradish mustard and also a dessert sandwich with Nutella and a couple soft cookies in there.

When y'all're eating a hard-boiled egg, do you shove that whole thing in your mouth or do you take bites?

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    I remove the yolk, spread it on buttered toast, and discard the white in the trash where it belongs.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    If we are ever in an already peeled egg eating situation together, I want you to think of my mouth as your trash.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    If we are ever in an already peeled egg eating situation together, I want you to think of my mouth as your trash.

I already do!

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Poured a bowl of apple cinnamon cheerios and decided to put in a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. I'd highly recommend it.

Kaplar on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I take nice gentle bites out of a hard boiled egg. Little sprinkle of salt between each bite.

This discussion has been closed.