As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget your New Year's diet in the [Bad Food] thread

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I maximize space efficiency and cram one in the hole and two in the cheeks

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Quality totp Veldrin

I enjoy deviled eggs personally

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I made myself a nighttime sandwich of some cold cutz and horseradish mustard and also a dessert sandwich with Nutella and a couple soft cookies in there.

When y'all're eating a hard-boiled egg, do you shove that whole thing in your mouth or do you take bites?

There are two proper ways to eat a hard-boiled egg:

1) When it's pickled.

2) When it's deviled.

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Gonna make a big ol' batch of deviled eggs for the superbowl. I don't remember anything about the recipe that I used the last time I made them other than both dijon and a spicy brown mustard?

Mai-Kero on
  • kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Gonna make a big ol' batch of deviled eggs for the superbowl. I don't remember anything about the recipe that I used the last time I made them other than both dijon and a spicy brown mustard?

Put a little dab of sriracha on each one.

I bet a tablespoon of harissa would go well in a big batch of deviled egg filling

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Dump about .8 of a pinch of salt on that egg, pop it in your mouth and try to say something intelligent around it while chewing. Nothing makes you look more wise or mature.

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Any egg harder than a soft-boiled egg is not for me

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for the new Taco Bell to open in the next town over, the existing one has very slow service.

riiiiice
    beeeaaaaans
    tortillaaaaaa
    oooother thiiiiiings

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hard-boiled egg snack is right up there with roasted sweet potato snack and chestnuts in a bag snack for my favourite things.

I take bites.

I also am extremely fond of egg cups and egg toppers. I love that we live in a world where someone was like, "I love these eggs but ideally they would sit up straight and have their little shell hats removed and be perfectly scoopable with a tiny spoon."

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Chipotle has a new selection of 'lifestyle bowls' for keto/paleo/whole30/etc and I'm pretty sure they're just normal bowls with less stuff but they probably cost more.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Yes, our hunter-gatherer ancestors were known for their tex-mex dishes.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Chipotle has a new selection of 'lifestyle bowls' for keto/paleo/whole30/etc and I'm pretty sure they're just normal bowls with less stuff but they probably cost more.

Paleo can't do rice, or beans, and maybe not cheese? So what is even the point?

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

KEYWORDS

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Paleo irrationally bothers me because they really pick and choose what counts. "No rice or wheat or corn!" Those cultivars are tens of thousands of years old "fruit is okay!" Almost all fruit cultivars are like, a couple hundred tops.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It's actually impossible to eat an ancestral human diet because we have husbandried all the food things into vastly different forms. Which is a good thing, because it means we don't have to spend 8-10 hours a day just getting enough nutrition to avoid death.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I will always stand by any diet that tells you not to eat beans (excepting you having a medical issue with beans) is a bollocks diet.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    The word “diet” has become a beast which cannot be fed.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Whatever works for ya, I guess, with diets

I knew a person who was all about the Paleo diet and it worked for her

It's a bit of a gimmick I guess, but it works for some people

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    On Sunday, my wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary by having brunch at the same place we got married. She got eggs over easy, cheese grits, chorizo sausage, and a biscuit. I got the bbq shrimp and cheese grits also with a biscuit. It's still one of the best dishes I've ever consumed. Scooping up grits and egg yolk with the biscuit was phenomenal. I didn't take a picture because I was starving, but this is my dish photographed by someone else.

FGWI1AX.jpg

Perfectly spiced to make me sweat just a little while maintaining great flavor. Not clear from the picture, but that biscuit and those shrimp are huge.

We also had their seasonal king cake bread pudding for dessert.

yZWLupO.jpg

Kaplar on
    Because I will never get tired of this joke.

Where is the baby in that?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    oh my god I want that main dish

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited January 2019
    Oh and another cool thing about that place is that it's located on a terminal for small/private aircraft except for a couple of huge military planes. Got to see the big gray one on the left taxi and then take off.

aRzX72D.jpg

The dining area is directly behind the smaller white jet to the right. It's very insulated so you can't really hear the planes, but you could see the trees swinging like crazy as soon at the propellers of it started to kick on.

e: oh! Found a picture I took the first time we'd ever went.

HSqbczP.jpg

At the top left is a carafe of champagne since my wife got the bottomless option.

Kaplar on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Whatever works for ya, I guess, with diets

I knew a person who was all about the Paleo diet and it worked for her

It's a bit of a gimmick I guess, but it works for some people

Every diet works.

Also no diets work.

oh my god I want that main dish

I had shrimp pasta for dinner the night before. After brunch I was about 15% shrimp.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    I think that most diets, when strictly adhered to, end up resulting in at least some weight loss for people just because they're paying more attention in general to what they're eating. If you're going paleo you're probably not eating much/any fast food, being more conscious about your portion sizes, eating less refined sugar, etc etc etc. So surely one would lose weight if their previous diet was worse regardless of any other percieved benefit of a diet like paleo.

jgeis on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i was working in the cbd here, and there were people standing outside handing out Kettle "tapas chips" and because I walked back and forth to get lunch I got 4 packs, and I'm gonna take them home and snack on them with my partner

jgeis wrote: »
    I think that most diets, when strictly adhered to, end up resulting in at least some weight loss for people just because they're paying more attention in general to what they're eating. If you're going paleo you're probably not eating much/any fast food, being more conscious about your portion sizes, eating less refined sugar, etc etc etc. So surely one would lose weight if their previous diet was worse regardless of any other percieved benefit of a diet like paleo.

This is very much how keto works for me. I can make easy meals for lunch that taste good but if I go out with friends I'm just more conscious of calorie counts on things and how much I eat. I eat a ton of non keto stuff when I'm out but I'm still maintaining a calorie deficit so it's working.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Yum! Brands you have gone too far.

jgeis wrote: »

I think this is basically it, yeah. As soon as people start thinking more about what they're eating, cooking their own food, etc, they just end up eating better and lose weight as a result.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

And yet, not nearly far enough.
    Right now, you can find it only in Greensboro, North Carolina; Raleigh, North Carolina; Roanoke, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia; and Greenville, Georgia KFC locations.
    You bastards, they're nowhere near me.

Jeff I have made fried chicken using powdered up flaming hot Cheetos and it really is quite good. It sounds fuckin' gross but gat damn.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Burritos: We used to go to a place by the harbor that would put a big flour tortilla in a bread pan, pile all your burrito makings on top, then cover it with another tortilla and cheese, and sauce of you wanted.
    It was divine.

Hard boiled eggs: They're fine, but soft boiled eggs are the way and the light. I've started smashing them onto my toast, and it's like having the perfect amount of yolk in every bite.
    Peeling can sometimes get a little messy, but it's a price I'm willing to pay.

chromdom on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

And yet, not nearly far enough.
    Right now, you can find it only in Greensboro, North Carolina; Raleigh, North Carolina; Roanoke, Virginia; Richmond, Virginia; and Greenville, Georgia KFC locations.
    You bastards, they're nowhere near me.

I finally get one of these limited releases near me and it's something I have negative interest in :c

Just got back from a Panera bread bowl and oh god I'm still so stuffed. I've always been someone who absolutely never overeats because my stomach makes it well known that I've had enough but copious amounts of bread just shut that function down.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Please remind me not to buy Pringles again.

Ate the entire tube, and each one I was waiting for that nice sodium sting but never got it. They were just... nothing.

I don't mind eating some garbage if it has good flavor or texture or something, but these were just pressed potato shavings.

MichaelLC on
    I could go for a tube of sour cream and onion pringles

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Who’s been eating haunted ghost pepper Paqui chips and accidentally rubbed a fleck of the flavour powder into his eye?

<== this dumbass, right here.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Please remind me not to buy Pringles again.

Ate the entire tube, and each one I was waiting for that nice sodium sting but never got it. They were just... nothing.

I don't mind eating some garbage if it has good flavor or texture or something, but these were just pressed potato shavings.

how much potato is in pringles, anyway

aren't they mostly corn puff?

what a happy day it is
This discussion has been closed.