As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Witness the beginning of a [movies] thread

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Zack Snyder with "handcuffs off" sounds like a fucking nightmare

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I read that as Army Of Darkness at first and had a minor panic attack

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Can't wait to hear about all the little details on Vero!

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ed Harris seems like a really intense actor. Anytime he's in an outtake he like really swears up a storm when he screws up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYN6t5xt0ps

The Rock had a Criterion release for awhile.

It's great.

Watching this really makes me want to see Ralph Fiennes's outtakes from the inanimate object scene from in Bruge

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    What would you possibly need to heist during a zombie apocalypse?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    brains

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Can't wait to see how muted and yellow that movie will be!

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Can’t wait to watch an entire movie in slow motion

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Well, Dawn of the Dead is the only Snyder movie that I like, so he has that going for him.

I respect that he got Watchmen made and I'm glad I saw it, but I can't say I liked it.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    watchmen is a movie I've sat through probably three or four times and only barely remember

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i, for one, will not be watching the new zack synder movie

unless it looks good

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    a bold stance

but can he back it up?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    I’d be curious to see what Snyder would do on a much more modest budget. Maybe some of his worst excesses would be reigned in.

But slo-mo is cheap these days, and misogyny is free, so who knows.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Whatever people think is valuable. Probably gold or something.

Or maybe, being Snyder, something involving regressive patriarchal attitudes.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Zack Snyder will direct Army of the Dead for Netflix

Set amid a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a man assembles a group of mercenaries to take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantined zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted
    "There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one,” Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview.

“I thought this was a good palate cleanser to really dig in with both hands and make something fun and epic and crazy and bonkers in the best possible way,” he says.
    “I love to honor canon and the works of art,” he says of his adaptations, “but this is the opportunity to find a purely joyful way to express myself though a genre. It will be the most kick-ass, self-aware — but not in a wink-to-the-camera way — balls-to-the-wall zombie freakshow that anyone has ever seen. No one’s ever let me completely loose [like this].”

Snyder says he's been energized by the prospect of making this particular story. “I love big action, I love big sequences," he says. "My movie brain starts clicking around and I was like, ‘We need to be shooting this now!’ Constructing these sequences really fired me up.”

One thing Snyder has missed, even while making his mega-tentpoles, is actually operating a camera and “being in the trenches.”

“When the movie gets super big, you get pushed away from the camera," he notes. "And in the last few years I’ve had a reconnection with photography. This movie will be a chance to get the camera in hand."

My heart hopes for Dawn of the Dead 2, my brain reminds me he's made Sucker Punch more recently than that and that was supposedly him "with handcuffs on"

Every time Zack Snyder says words my eyes roll down my esophagus and out my asshole and I have to spend like 15 minutes washing them before I put them back in.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    When I first saw the name Snyder I thought it was Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister was directing a movie because why was my next question

That Army of the Dead movie is going to suck Hurricane Heist did not even last before it washed out of the cinema and into the dump bin of dvds

• Options

unless it looks good

I mean

I assume you didn't think all his other movies would be bad

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

unless it looks good

I mean

I assume you didn't think all his other movies would be bad

not true!!!

sucker punch and that owl movie looked like shit!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sucker punch looked good to OK but story wise was a mess

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    When I first saw the name Snyder I thought it was Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister was directing a movie because why was my next question.

He did. He wrote, directed, and starred in Strangeland. It was...not great.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Whatever people think is valuable. Probably gold or something.

Or maybe, being Snyder, something involving regressive patriarchal attitudes.

Well that just sounds like gold again

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I love Dawn of the Dead, Man of Steel, and 300. I like a lot of Watchmen, and I appreciate that he made as good of an adaptation as he did (even if the ending was kind of botched; I really wanted that crazy comic ending). Parts of Dawn of Justice were really good, parts were really bad. I still haven’t seen Sucker Punch, but man did the trailer look pretty. He has enough credit with methat I’ll take a look.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    To be honest I am rapidly growing cynical about the idea of the auteur director who just needs everybody to get out of the way and let him do an art and it will be amazing. I’m starting to think all of those other people were there for a reason.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    #teamvenom

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I ship Venom and Bundy

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    It's definitely a vore thing

• Options
    To be honest I am rapidly growing cynical about the idea of the auteur director who just needs everybody to get out of the way and let him do an art and it will be amazing. I’m starting to think all of those other people were there for a reason.

some people have no restraint or inner critic

sometimes these people are named Tina Fey

• Options
    I’ll take a generous read of what he’s saying and assume he means “I’m not beholden to any material, or fan expectations, or studio ROI concerns, and get to just make what I want—and I’m giddy.”

That said, even Spielberg is better with limits. Without them, you get things like A.I. or Ready Player One.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    jgeis wrote: »
    I ship Venom and Bundy

that's just carnage

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    #teamvenom

It's the only ethical option!

They're both lethal, but Venom is a lethal protector

• Options
    OK, Black Dynamite might just have the best character intro ever. That seriously almost made me spit my drink out laughing.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I would happily watch this cast sit around on couches for three hours eating Doritos, so I'm reasonably excited about this movie.

• Options

Hi there, George Lucas.

• Options

Nice.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I’ll take a generous read of what he’s saying and assume he means “I’m not beholden to any material, or fan expectations, or studio ROI concerns, and get to just make what I want—and I’m giddy.”

That said, even Spielberg is better with limits. Without them, you get things like A.I. or Ready Player One.

Film is one of the most collaborative arts there is, and there is very little art that isn't made better with good editing.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just learned Harmony Korine has a new movie coming out in March.

With Matthew McConaughey and Snoop Dogg.

I'm in!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    A new Let It Be documentary is in production from Peter Jackson in collaboration with the surviving Beatles (McCartney and Ringo) and Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison. Based around 55 hours of never-released footage (and 140 hours of audio) from the album's studio sessions

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    When I first saw the name Snyder I thought it was Dee Snyder of Twisted Sister was directing a movie because why was my next question

That Army of the Dead movie is going to suck Hurricane Heist did not even last before it washed out of the cinema and into the dump bin of dvds

Have you not seen Dee Snider's Strangeland?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
This discussion has been closed.